James Franco takes on 'Three's Company'
November 2nd, 2010

James Franco takes on 'Three's Company'

What will James Franco do next?

The actor, who seems deeply committed to off-beat projects these days, has a new one. “Three’s Company: The Drama” is billed as “a multi-media examination of the classic '70s sitcom,” which Franco will present at the New Frontier program of the next Sundance Film Festival to be held in January.

The New York Times reports that the festival description provided about the project says, “Television has undoubtedly shaped our world: our increased exposure to dramatic entertainment, the shapes of our houses, the shape of the time in our day. In this piece James Franco hopes to pull television from the box and view it from ‘a slightly oblique perspective.’”

Franco is becoming quite well known for not living the life of a conventional movie star. He went back to college, took a role on “General Hospital,” has written for the magazine Esquire, and produced a short documentary film about an episode of “Saturday Night Live.”

1. HAPPILY MARRIEDS: USED AND FEELING IN CONTROL FOR 2 SECONDS

THANKS

June 22, 2013 at 7:55 am | Report abuse |
  2. samsung行動電源

Great goods from you, guy. I've understand your stuff previous to and you are just too excellent. I really like what you've acquired here, certainly like what you're saying and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it sensible. I can not wait to study far much more from you. This really is actually an excellent web site. samsung行動電源 http://www.powerbankdigital.com

June 22, 2013 at 7:52 am | Report abuse |
  3. RKS

I like him. I have seen his many different roles. Drama (Sunny and Annapolis) Action (spiderman) and Comedy (the best in Pineapple Express) With so many actot and actresses to complain about he shouldnt be one of them.

November 8, 2010 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Blah!

If you have not seen him in Pineapple Express I think you should. Never knew he was so funny! Very funny movie all around.

November 4, 2010 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  5. Megan

Love him and love his unconventional methods! Agree with MadCityBabe, would like to see him more often. Don't really get into daytime soaps!

November 3, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  6. MadCityBabe

James strikes me as the lovable, quirky type....with talent.....and easy on the eyes.....would love to see him in more projects!

November 3, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  7. JimmyJam

Joel, I guess you can predict the future?!? That’s awesome bro...Keep up the good work. Your future must be bright???

November 3, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  8. KobraKai7474

No worries about the idiotic "drug overdose" comment above. While Mr. Franco is well known to take the occasional bong hit, he is just as well known to be way too smart to do anything stronger.

Keep up the good work, bro. I can't wait to keep on laughing and being entertained by you deep into my old age.

November 3, 2010 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  9. The Fish

James is free thinker! We need more of them in our society. There are too may cookie cutter people out there who sit back and let the world run them. Cheers to you James and all free thinkers like him!

November 3, 2010 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  10. Johninavl

Never heard of him either. And no my house isn't under a rock, it's on top of one.

November 3, 2010 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  11. Joel

Great actor. Kind of guy who can do just about anything. He'll be dead by the age of 35 from a drug overdose. R.I.P.

November 3, 2010 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
  12. Kdawg

bring back freaks and geeks!!!!

November 3, 2010 at 7:23 am | Report abuse |
    • idesign17

I second that! One of the best shows ever! Undeclared was good as well, but not quite as high on the scale as Freaks and Geeks

November 3, 2010 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  13. scottie

He's a superhero to us gays!! Work james!

November 3, 2010 at 5:09 am | Report abuse |
  14. D Man

I,M looking for the cartoon " wait until your father get home " Tom Bosley is the voice of the father.

November 3, 2010 at 3:37 am | Report abuse |
  15. robblucien

He was INCREDIBLE in "james dean"...I think he misses those type of projects...Goblin was WAY below his personal standard, but maybe necessary to see the icky side of hollywood. Just a guess...oh and his skits on funnyordie are great!

November 3, 2010 at 3:03 am | Report abuse |
  16. Kim G

First saw him on General Hospital and thought he was great. I try to keep up with what he is doing.

November 3, 2010 at 12:35 am | Report abuse |
  17. erthgirl

I really like what he's doing. He really seems to follow his interests, even though they are unconventional for someone of his level of success. He seems like a lifelong learner-type and I find his career path inspiring because he is true to himself.

November 2, 2010 at 11:49 pm | Report abuse |
  18. BG

I've never heard of him.

November 2, 2010 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Sogeking

Also he's Green Goblin 2

November 2, 2010 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  20. swiller

Awsome! I love James Franco be it the actor or writer. can't wait to see his take on threes company.

November 2, 2010 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |