Secrets and betrayals on 'Big Bang Theory'
October 29th, 2010

Secrets and betrayals on 'Big Bang Theory'

Our boy Leonard is back in the game – sort of.

On Thursday night’s “Big Bang Theory,” we saw Leonard breaking out of his dry spell with women by hooking up with Raj’s sister, Priya, who I hope we get to see more of in future episodes. We quickly learn that she is not at all shy like her big brother.

She was definitely far from shy as she grabbed Leonard in the hallway and proceeded to lay a big smooch on him, continuing the pattern of hookups established five years ago.

Wow. Who knew Leonard had a secret thing going on with anyone, let alone his homeboy’s sister. It seems that pinky swear with Howard to not mess around with her meant very little. Actually, keeping secrets is a theme with this group – but I’ll get to that later.

“Bangers” know that this is clearly one of the episodes where actress Kaley Cuoco - who plays Penny - is absent because she broke her leg, and I like that we still get to see Leonard wear his heart on his sleeve. That boy is a mess when it comes to the ladies, and watching Priya’s less than gentle rebuff of his offer to move to India to be with her was both sad and amusing.

Even funnier was Sheldon’s attempt to concoct an alibi for Leonard even though he didn’t really need one. I, for one, totally would have bought the story of a loose woman in an Irish pub slipping Leonard a napkin containing her number and an invitation for “coitus.”

Bazinga!

One of the funniest scenes was Leonard, Sheldon, Howard and Raj admitting the secret things they had done to each other. Leave it to Sheldon to take the cake with having put ground up insects in Leonard’s food “for science.” Gross!!

Did you enjoy this episode or did it bug you?

1. Posh-Kenneth

anyone that pulls the racism card is just insecure. Tough up Mark and Am, ya freakin sissy's. Oh yeah, POOR Indian guy on the show portrayed as a GENIUS in his field. Poor him. >.> When you think about it RAJ is this most grounded and normal character on the show. The rest of them are a hot mess.

November 1, 2010 at 8:38 am | Report abuse |
  2. alex

I don't see racism. The central characters are sheldon and leonard. Others are side kicks. Raj gets his share of jokes. I think the show is only show really funny in the TV. The only way to make fun of Raj is making fun of cultural differences. Each cultures has its own pros and cons.

November 1, 2010 at 1:43 am | Report abuse |
  3. Naomi Whisman

Way to go Jordan.Some people see racism in everything.We need to have respect for ALL.

October 31, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Am

Hey Mark I agree with you...this show has truly gone racist...
    they have created Raj's character as a dumb guy because they cannot digest the fact that Indian's are far more intelligent than the American's and its almost impossible to find a Indian guy who cannot have these dumb characterstics
    and
    through this episode Americans have proved that they can just only dream about a Indian women ...because in reality they are not able to even touch Indian women as Indian women have high dignity and brains...

October 29, 2010 at 8:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jordan

Raj has his doctorate degree. Howard, an American, does not. He's the only one of the 4 who doesn't. Raj was named one of People's 50 visionaries. In one episode Raj starts working with Sheldon, and actually corrects his work. Yes you're women are beautiful and some of us fantasize about them. So? Do you know how many Indian doctors are American? My doctor is. If you are going to generalize a whole nationality then I will too : Most Americans respect Indians.

October 31, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Mark

this show has gone racist ...they suck

October 29, 2010 at 8:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • CKN

Since when is it racist to protray a strong, independent Asian woman? Priya is no stereotype and Raj isn't portrayed as a stereotyped 'foreign' idiot but as a shy, naive scientist whose character could be from anywhere and still work. The fact is, he is an Asian Indian actor and it makes perfect sense to play on the cultural differences that are real, not racist. Would he be completely familiar with American slang? No, he would use English as taught as a foreign language, just like we would speak a foreign language with only correct structure, etc, if we learned it in a formal setting. There is nothing stupid about Raj and we see it all the time when he gets his zingers in, it sometimes takes him a minute to 'get' it because of the cultural differences only.

October 31, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  6. ace

this show is so funny. half the stuff they are talking about i dont get, but how they talk about it and sheldon's mannerisms are great.

October 29, 2010 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Randa

I am a total "Banger" I have loved this ensemble since the show began! These guys are so Hilarious!! It's always something with them.
    Coitus, Bazinga, Zazzy!!! Great words!! LOL!
    @ My Job there are alot of Engineers here and somedays I feel like Penny in a room full of Sheldons!! I love them dearly they are a great bunch of co-workers, but I just don't get what they are saying sometimes!

October 29, 2010 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
  8. CChappelle

My daughter and I have been Bangers since day one. Last nights episode was hilarious. I especially liked it when Raj told Sheldon that he purchased him a Thomas train for christmas to regain his friendship.

October 29, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Brotherboy

Why are LEONARD'S shirts so long?

October 29, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  10. LBW

I'm a Banger! Who knew? I've loved that show from the first. Last night was great!

October 29, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Bob

I'm still waiting for someone to correct Sheldon's chronic mispronunciation of "coitus."

October 29, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |