Tom Cruise offered role in 'Rock of Ages' movie
October 28th, 2010

Tom Cruise offered role in 'Rock of Ages' movie

Tom Cruise belting out Bon Jovi? It could happen!

Deadline.com reports that the 48-year-old superstar has been offered the role of a bartender in the upcoming movie adaptation of "Rock of Ages," the '80s themed Broadway musical featuring the songs of hair bands like White Snake, Styx, and Journey.

Cruise has reportedly been wanting to do a movie musical for quite some time, Deadline.com reports, but hasn't yet committed to the project.

Meanwhile, Ben Stiller tells MTV that a script is in the works for a movie starring Cruise's hip-hop loving, foulmouthed "Tropic Thunder" movie mogul Les Grossman.

"Les Grossman is notoriously difficult to negotiate with, so we're right now negotiating with him because he wants to play himself in the film," jokes Stiller, who wrote and starred in "Thunder." "I want to try to get Tom Cruise to play him. So if I can get Tom Cruise, who's interested to play him - if Les will agree not to play himself - then it looks like it could be coming together."

1. Belarius

It's perfect time to make some plans for the future and it is time to be happy. I've read this post and if I could I wish to suggest you some interesting things or advice. Maybe you could write next articles referring to this article. I want to read even more things about it!

March 2, 2011 at 5:16 am | Report abuse |
  2. eula

Let us see how he does with the movie. I know he is a great actor but we will never know how he would handle the role.
    =======================
    "I'm going to make him an offer he can't refuse." -Don Vito Corleone, Godfather (1972)
    Watch movies online for free here:Movies Online

November 1, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  3. RACHEL

Give me a Break ,Tom is an outstanding Actor & will excel in whatever part he has, Don't be so

hard on the Guy.

October 29, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Rock1

if anyone plays Lonny it should be Jack Black. although i like Seth, he would suck at that role.
    Tom Cruise should not be in Rock of Ages.

October 29, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  5. El Jefe

El Jefe is confused as to why this man is so popular...

October 28, 2010 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Miguelito

Sounds like he has been offered the part of the owner of the night club (last I checked, Seth Rogan was rumored for the role of Lonny, the narator... who is the only other character that I would consider as a "bartender"). I think Cruise might actually be OK in that role (I wouldn't have thought he could do comedy well until I saw Les Grossman in "Tropic Thunder"). It's kind of a weird choice though.

October 28, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Timme62

Well guess that one will bomb also.

October 28, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Musical Fan

I've seen the show "Rock of Ages." I really hope that they are not considering Tom Cruise for the lead. It was performed so well by Constantine. I was blown away at his singing in the show and I hope Hollywood doesn't ruin another musical by casting Tom Cruise.

October 28, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |