Taylor Swift's wax figure unveiled Wednesday
October 28th, 2010

Taylor Swift's wax figure unveiled Wednesday

Taylor Swift has had one busy week.

Along with her new album, “Speak Now,” dropping on Monday, the country/pop singer has become officially immortalized with the likes of President Obama, Mahatma Gandhi and Nelson Mandela.

Madame Tussauds in New York released a wax figure of Swift on Wednesday, which, according to their website, took four months to create.

The 20-year-old superstar’s guitar was customized with Swarovski crystals. Taylor unveiled her likeness wearing a silver dress by Jenny Packham to match the one worn by her wax figure, which she donated to the museum. And while the dresses may be the same, that’s about it.

Most of the time with Madame Tussauds, it takes a second to determine which figure is lifeless inside. (Anyone seen Rihanna’s or Britney Spears’s figures?)  But this is not the case for Swift, whose likeness resembles a my-size Barbie.

What do you think – does it look anything like Taylor?

1. jenna

they did the hair COMPLETELY WRONG!!! eye make up too, taylor always has the "cat-eye" eyeliner... not on the wax figure. that woman did a terrible job with the eyes and hair

February 25, 2011 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Chalia

it looks just lyke her lol

November 9, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Mandy

As far as what the question actually asked, no I don't think they did a very good job on this wax figure however; I do agree that it's the hair & makeup. I think the facial features & structure are pretty darn close. Now, as far as Taylor, I like her. I think she's a GREAT role model for young girls, like my 9 year old daughter (who absolutely LOVES her), and she has enjoyable music. People need to remember that she is still young & she sings about things she knows. Most people know that an artist is going to sound different live than they do on CD... it's called studio effects & voice enhancements. To keep it simple, if u don't like her, don't listen. And don't go into the comments section of an article that is about her. If you are bitter & jealous, no one else really wants to hear about it...

October 29, 2010 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  4. jbone

i think the wax figure looks hotter tahn she does lol

October 29, 2010 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  5. DocF

It would be even cooler if she met Wax Tailor: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wax_Tailor

October 29, 2010 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  6. hj

I wish she would figure out something else to do with her hair. It's the same every time I see her..

October 29, 2010 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  7. natosha

I think it looks like a Victoria Secret model. idk it reminds me of some other celeb other then taylor thats for sure.

October 29, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  8. jasper

not even close – eyes are totally wrong. The rest is probably pretty close, except for the makeup, but make up isn't the problem with the eyes.

October 29, 2010 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |
  9. Donnie

I don't think it looks like her at all.

October 29, 2010 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  10. jake_the_man

She can't sing live; needs a lot of help to sound good. She is overated and over exposed. Time to go.

October 29, 2010 at 10:07 am | Report abuse |
  11. Catherne DePersis

I am very disappointed! Madame Tussauds is know for their excellent worksmanship, but someone dropped the ball on this one! While facially it's a decent replica, the hair is nothing like the real Taylor Swift. Very disappointing.

October 29, 2010 at 9:53 am | Report abuse |
  12. Bagel

I have to admit I'm not a Taylor fan but I had to check this out because wax museums fascinate me and this one is very disappointing. If I saw the figure without Taylor next to it I wouldn't know who it was. However I think the figure is much prettier. Maybe the artist was trying to send a message to Taylor that she should style herself more like the figure.

October 29, 2010 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
  13. NM

The only part of her face that actually even looks like her, is her nose and lips. Her eyes and hair don't match at all. It's a poor replica!

October 29, 2010 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  14. Matt

What a disappointing replica. It looks like any generic mannequin you'd see at a typical department store. I like Taylor's songwriting and glad there is a young singer who I can actually recommend to my young daughter.

October 29, 2010 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  15. Sofbtall

wow! leave her alone, haha... look what this world has come to!

October 29, 2010 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  16. Zorro

My wife met her at Bobby's Dairy Dip in Nashville recently and talked with her for a while. She was getting ice cream with her mom. She's a kid with a good heart, a strong work ethic, and a good heart. Her parents are hard working middle class people, all of them with a dream that resulted with some success. Have a nice day.

October 29, 2010 at 9:10 am | Report abuse |
  17. Zorro

My wife met her at Bobby's Dairy Dip in Nashville not too long ago. She was getting ice cream with her mom. She's a kid with a good heart, a genuine personalithy, and a hard work ethic. Her parents are hard working middle class people. Have a nice day.

October 29, 2010 at 9:02 am | Report abuse |
  18. Dee96

This is about as bad as the Kim Khardashian wax figure. Taylor's hair isn't that light, and she almost always wears that bright red lipstick. and why are the wax figures arms so white???

looks like Jenna Jamison and taylor swift.................

October 29, 2010 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  19. Drew

Should have done the hair on the doll like her normal retro-do. It really makes her unique and looks very good on her.

As would I!!! LOL

October 29, 2010 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
  20. Jake

They got one thing right, the wax figure can't close it's mouth over those horse teeth either.

October 29, 2010 at 7:10 am | Report abuse |
  21. Hotboy

She's so freakin hot, call me!

October 29, 2010 at 6:37 am | Report abuse |
  22. mayo211

I've yet to see a wax figure that looks like the celebrity they are supposed to be.

October 29, 2010 at 5:20 am | Report abuse |
  23. Sherri

The wax one looks exactly like Barbie.

October 29, 2010 at 4:11 am | Report abuse |
  24. petedamato

Its a crazy mixed up world i'm dingE so nothing matters n the worst isn't over this country just throws tax payer money away taylorswift a hardworrker we all need to learn how gifted you r.

October 29, 2010 at 4:00 am | Report abuse |
  25. £¤€u$±

Delicious.

October 29, 2010 at 3:42 am | Report abuse |
  26. Erin

Worst figure by MT's that I've seen. They really missed the mark.

October 29, 2010 at 2:26 am | Report abuse |
  27. maryann

No talent hack eh? lol silly kids her daddy cant force people to buy records...and she sell lots of them. haters

October 29, 2010 at 1:43 am | Report abuse |
  28. Portofino

I had never heard taylor or katy perry before until I caught them both on SNL. My though was "My gosh! This is what the ruckus is all about?" They both have terrible voice and not much anything else. It made me think the members of the Grammy Academy must be a bunch of stupid adolescent boys for giving the immature girl that many awards. Pathetic.

October 29, 2010 at 1:05 am | Report abuse |
    • sausage

Since when did winning a Grammy ever have anything to do with talent?

October 29, 2010 at 1:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Truth Hurts

What's pathetic is that you were wondering what all the ruckus was about yet contributed your useless opinion to this article. That's why they stay afloat.

October 29, 2010 at 9:18 am | Report abuse |
  29. Janie

I agree with a someone's comment in that she's overrated. She was on Letterman the other night and she sounded terrible! She can't sing worth a darn. Anyway, what's up with the wax figure? Talk about a waste of time. lol

October 29, 2010 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
    • sausage

Well,........it IS a "Wax Museum". It is what they do, after all.

October 29, 2010 at 1:18 am | Report abuse |
    • Sherri

She really does sound horrible live. I've heard her sing live too many times for it to be 'just a fluke.' She sounds like cr*p every single time. Sorry.

October 29, 2010 at 4:13 am | Report abuse |
  30. jennifer

Long and sleek like Taylor but the face has very little, if any, resemblance at all.

Sad but true and wasted months :( The artist could have done better.

October 28, 2010 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rick

Wow, I couldn't tell the difference when the lights are out and my eyes are closed! I'd rather see the real one anytime. ;-)

October 29, 2010 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  31. Deb

Looks nothing like her.. It doesn't do her justice.

October 28, 2010 at 10:46 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Sherri

Wow. That really doesn't look at all like her. Not even the hair, really. The real Taylor has a wider, heart-shaped face. This wax figure has been given a classic oval face shape.....not like Taylor's at all.

October 28, 2010 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Cambria Remington

she's so much prettier in real life, the wax figure is a little off.

regardless, i love this girl... adorable, talented, funny, sweet and beautiful!

October 28, 2010 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Justin

I'd give Taylor a hug job.

October 28, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  35. vegasmama

I agree kirsten, i love taylors music, some of its alittle young for me, but her song remind me of my teen years. Her parents should be proud of her, shes a beautiful person inside and out, God bless you taylor!!

October 28, 2010 at 8:53 pm | Report abuse |
  36. soonerfan

she's ugly and looks like a rat

October 28, 2010 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  37. marcia

looks nothing like her they need a redo

October 28, 2010 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Kristen

Why do people think she's a "no-talent hack", but then feel the need to comment on a news story ABOUT HER? If you think she's so "unimportant" then DON'T even read the story! Obviously you must care just a little, even if you care enough to dislike her, otherwise you wouldn't bother. And FYI her father doesn't work in the "biz". Her family is just regular people. She worked HARD to get where she is now, and she deserves it. Next time read up on some information before you go and judge people based on what you THINK you know.

October 28, 2010 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Hannah

This was a miss.

October 28, 2010 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  40. monie

There's people dying in Mexico and the best they could do is a wax dummy? Really? Leave it to showbiz to report what's really important...

October 28, 2010 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  41. monie

Who cares?

October 28, 2010 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  42. John

I'm sure the wax version has as much talent as her. Might as well give the wax dummie the Grammys.

October 28, 2010 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  43. John

The latest marketing push for the music industry. Glad they're making a buck off of her. Not my dollar .I'm sure it helps that her father is a big name in the music Biz. Spoiled little rich kid gets what she wants from her daddy. No Talent Hack.

October 28, 2010 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • ACTUALLY....

it's not her dad, it's her mom. And that makes her different from everyone else in showbiz, how?

October 29, 2010 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
  44. hannah

it looks NOTHING like her. it might be the worst wax statue i've ever seen.

October 28, 2010 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Sarah

the hair isn't quite right

October 28, 2010 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Bella

Kanye was right. Lol. Taylor Swift needs a swift kick in the azz off stage.

October 28, 2010 at 7:05 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Marie

The eyes are close, but the coloring, esp of the hair and lips, makes it so fake.

October 28, 2010 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  48. cassie

i think its the hair and make up

October 28, 2010 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  49. meowmix

if taylor had done her hair and makeup to match the wax figure there wouldnt be a difference – if you look at the features it is her

October 28, 2010 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amy

The red lipstick is a dead giveaway. They should have put it on the wax figure. She looks horrid with that bright red lipstick, but it seems like she's always wearing it.

October 28, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • sausage

But Amy, just think of the lovely "ring" it leaves.

October 29, 2010 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
    • tasha

I think the hair and color of the skin that throws it off. They did almost a Jessica Simpson hair to it and very pail look. Definitally there worst wax figure. She deserves a new one.

October 29, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  50. hotwon

I guess. I think she's quite overrated.

October 28, 2010 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  51. sami mainord

HAHAHA VERY FUNNY

October 28, 2010 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  52. cheefsfury

ID MELT THAT ALL NIGHT LONG

October 28, 2010 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  53. cats

That's hot!

October 28, 2010 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  54. sausage

You're quite the charmer.

October 29, 2010 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |