“Remember, when God closes a door, he opens a dress.”
You may remember this quip from “Mad Men’s” lovable adman Roger Sterling, played by John Slattery. That, along with many other favorite sayings will be recounted in “Sterling’s Gold,” a book Roger was working on during season four of "Mad Men" which is actually being released this November.
Grove/Atlantic’s publisher Morgan Entrekin, along with "Mad Men" creator Matt Weiner’s manager Keith Addis, penned the book together and had Weiner write the preface, according to Vulture. The book is written in the voice of Roger.
According to an excerpt posted on Grove/Atlantic’s website, Roger starts the book off saying “I’d like to thank and apologize in advance to the following entities:
2. Lincoln. The President and the Continental.
3. That nameless genius that first put a pickled onion in a glass of vodka.
4. People who can really write. I’m sorry my book got published first.
5. J. Press., Brooks Brothers, and Renaldo, my tailor with the golden needle.
6. Hotel rooms where the bed is always the center of attention.
7. Arpege, Shalimar, Joy, Chanel No. 5. It’s all your fault.
10. New York City, "the cradle of civilization."
Looks like "Mad Men" fans won’t have to wait until season five to get their fill of the witty Roger Sterling.
Will you buy the book?
That's a hell to the yes! :) Love Roger! Now I'm waiting for one from Don!
You must be logged in to post a comment.
Our daily cheat-sheet for breaking celebrity news, Hollywood buzz and your pop-culture obsessions.
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.
Join 7,783 other followers