Kid Rock: Steven Tyler shouldn't join 'Idol'
October 28th, 2010

Kid Rock: Steven Tyler shouldn't join 'Idol'

Looks like Kid Rock isn’t happy with Steven Tyler’s choice to join "American Idol."

Tyler, the Aerosmith frontman and rock legend – along with Jennifer Lopez – signed on to be a judge for "American Idol’s" 10th season, which starts in January. As if trying to fill the void left by the contentious Simon Cowell weren’t enough, Tyler is now faced with some heavy criticism from one of his peers.

“I think it’s the stupidest thing he’s ever done in his life,” Kid Rock told Entertainment Weekly in an interview set to hit newsstands next week. “He’s a sacred American institution of rock n’ roll, and he just threw it all out the window. Just stomped on it and set it on fire.”

While reaction to the Tyler and Lopez signings has been mixed, Kid Rock is suggesting that the former’s involvement is an act of selling out and will taint his musical legacy. “I think whoever’s advising him,” he said, “we should bring back the guillotine or whatever they call that thing.”

“And if it was himself, he needs some serious counseling. I love him to death, but I gotta speak the truth.”

Truth be told, Kid Rock’s forthcoming album, “Born Free,” will be released on November 16.

Do you agree with Kid Rock? Is Steven Tyler selling out?

Filed under: American Idol 2010 • Music

1. best double jogging stroller reveiw

I just like the valuable info you provide for your articles. I'll bookmark your weblog and check once more here regularly. I am quite sure I will learn many new stuff proper here! Best of luck for the next!

June 2, 2012 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  2. Wake up

SHUT- IT wrote: Tyler is 23 years older than Kid Rock (he was merely a kid when he hit the music scene, hence the name) and, no doubt, Kid Rock will also someday be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame – he's still a little too young for that honor yet. Trust me, all you ignoramuses out there, it WILL happen. Nonetheless, keep on hating, you're bound to live miserable lives and drop dead sooner that way, or at least one could hope.

REPLY: Get a grib fooll! Tyler is more experianced and doesnt need to prove anything, damn straight hes allot older and more professional. You gonna call the kettle black butthead u best understand there is talent and brains before Alchohol and brawn airhead!

A person can have a rap sheet a mile long dip head, that dont mean they learn! now Kid Rock has to come out with a Bourbon Whiskey to make money cause his copycat days are numbered! Get a clue Shut it!

Quote: IM SURROUNDED BY IDIOTS is what your so called K.R would say, he wouldn't cut the mustard for the show besides American Idol is a shivery to portray themselves as the only spot to address trying out talent!
    Laughing at you!

November 3, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Shut-It

For all you ignorant Kid Rock haters out there; here's some truth that hurts about Kid Rock and Steven Tyler.

Occupation:
    KR: Singer-songwriter, musician, actor, multiple-instrumentalist
    ST: Singer-songwriter, musician, actor, multiple-instrumentalist, judge

Solo Career:
    KR = 10 Albums from 1990 to 2010 (22 Million Sold U.S., not including the 2010 album)
    ST = On September 16, 2010, it was reported that Tyler will have his first solo project. Hmmm, hasn't he been on the music scene for 46 years? What's taken him so long?

Rehab Visits:
    KR = 0
    ST = Drug and alcohol addiction, completed rehab in 1986 and maintained sobriety for over 20 years, aside from a painkiller addiction which he successfully received treatment for in 2009 - the same year Kid Rock's "Rock 'n Roll Jesus" was nominated for a Grammy.

Concerts for soldiers:
    KR = Numerous trips with USO, and on his own, to play concerts for soldiers overseas in Iraq, Afghanistan and Kuwait.
    ST = 0

Best Selling Albums of All Time (U.S.)
    11 Million Sold = Kid Rock's "Devil Without A Cause"
    10 Million Sold = Aerosmith's "Greatest Hits Album"

I know, I know, Aerosmith with 66.5 million sold in the U.S., makes them the bestselling American rock band. But, doesn't that statistic alone prove Kid Rock's point? American Idol?! Really? And, according to Joe Perry, Tyler didn't even consult the rest of the band about becoming a judge, saying that he "found out on the internet, like the rest of the world" and that nobody else in the band knew anything about it. Wow!!

Aerosmith's last album of original material, "Just Push Play", was nearly 10 years ago, back in 2001! And, by the way, haters "All Summer Long" has an original lyric and melody written by KR over the mash-up of the other two songs; the royalties were split three ways. Kid Rock has written more original music than you morons can count! And, who knows, maybe Tyler will cancel with American Idol since that seems to be a trend with him.

October 31, 2010 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
  4. Aerosmith Supporter

Wow Kids name is really Bob Richie, I looked it up... how sad! And I also found some info, I read it and it says NOTHING bout him being in a trailer park anywhere, check it out, the guy is a complete pathological liar to make up stuff like that how pathetic can you get?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kid_Rock <- read it, the TRUTH IS OUT THERE!

October 29, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  5. mejazzbo

I don't know about selling out, but I think Mr. Tyler's decision was ill advised. AI can be a great place for people on their way up. It can also be a very sad place for people on their way down.

October 29, 2010 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  6. JayMo

Aerosmith has been around a long time and have been ROCKIN for decades. I can see why Kid Rock is so upset. Tyler was a rock god and has now sold out to the anti-rock show. And by the way, Kid Rock is way more talented than some of you think. He's made a lot of great songs over the last 10-15 yrs. He is a talented musician too, playing drums, guitar, piano, and writing songs. Anyone who likes Tyler as a judge or hates Kid Rock is probably a teenager or a female.

October 29, 2010 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  7. Kid Rawk

I don't like Kid rock but he is right about Steven Tyler throwing out what little cred he has left. As far as selling out, Tyler and Aerosmith did that long ago when they embraced MTV and produced one mediocre album after the next each sounding exactly like the last. Aerosmith is way overrated and has been a joke for a very long time. this is justt he final nail int he coffin on a once great 70s rock band.

October 29, 2010 at 9:05 am | Report abuse |
  8. Beasterdamus

Yeah, I agree with the Kid...Steven Tyler is just not right for anything but Aerosmith...He's a rock god, why lower himself down to tv....

October 29, 2010 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Rock Lives Forever

More than likely its because that show has gone down hill with some of the judges previously. Tyler has experience, Kid Rock doesn't and he is full of himself , big headed, ego statistical and arrogant he would take on the role Simon had which would be a disaster to anyone trying out for their career and its none of Kids business what Mr. Tyler does, did it ever occur this might be a blessing in disguise? perhaps Mr. Tyler has too much time on his hands and can send some good tips for them tryouts. I hear Ellen Degeneress going to be on that show and I think that woman is a hoot! This outta be good!

October 29, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Kathy

DONT DO IT STEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LISTEN TO KID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HUUUUUUUGE MISTAKE FOR YOUR CARREER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DONT BELONG ON AMERICAN IDOL!!! WHATS NEXT???? TIDY CAT COMMERCIALS????? COME OOOOON!!!!

October 29, 2010 at 7:30 am | Report abuse |
    • And So IT Goessssssss

Kathy... wasnt there an interview with Paula Abdul at one time about A.I producers harassing her secretly trying to get her to quit as a job some time back? If my memory serves me right, it was during the time when that rumor went around she was drunk or out of it during one of the shows... and I think E.T. did an interview where she said they wanted her off the show, I hope they aren't setting Tyler up like this, wouldn't want to be on the other side of the fence if he lost his temper being messed with. Him being an Aries... they have one hell of a temper, and they don't like their heads messed with. Ew...I close my eyes to that picture.

October 29, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Donna

I agree with Kid. American Idol is a hasbeen's show .... and Steven is not a hasbeen so why would he do that stupid show??

October 29, 2010 at 7:24 am | Report abuse |
  11. sammb

kid rock sucks

October 29, 2010 at 4:12 am | Report abuse |
  12. mushymushroom

I guess, everyone saying that Tyler shouldn't be in AI because it's trash and stuff, then maybe he'll be the one that will give a good reputation to the show.

One thing's for sure, all eyes are on AI this season, from everyone who wants to see it do well to everyone who wants to see its demise...everyone's watching!

October 29, 2010 at 1:33 am | Report abuse |
  13. Adrian Zupp

I have to agree with Kid Rock here - and that kind of scares me. I've been a rock fan all my life and for several years I was a rock journo for major publications in the U.S. So I know what he's getting at - but he needs to get his clock fixed. You see, rock and roll used to be about rebellion. A visceral "art form" that knew no rules and less about commerce. These days it's sanitized, corporatized, monetized and on and on. Tyler is just another rock sellout grabbing at any limelight he can get. Okay, he's appearing on a family show. But it's pretty much pulp with a few talented people thrown in. It's not about raw creativity and saying what's on your mind. Aerosmith are a legendary band, but this does them no good.

If Kid had made this statement 30 years ago, he would have been a sage. But today's rock and roll is pretty much all bought and sold and Rocky knows it.

I invite you to read my blog entry THE IDIOT CULTURE:

Take care,
    Adrian Zupp

October 29, 2010 at 12:30 am | Report abuse |
  14. LoJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVdV4X2M2AI&w=640&h=390]

October 28, 2010 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Steven Seagal

Who's the ugly woman next to Kid Rock

October 28, 2010 at 7:06 pm | Report abuse |
  16. rock it down

Death to idol!

October 28, 2010 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Money Mark

Television is for fools. Watching it or being on it. Tyler is a disgrace. His legacy has been erased.

October 28, 2010 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  18. cmb

I think he's overreacting, or maybe jealous he wasn't asked, I'd like to see Kid Rock as a judge actually, but regardless of what he thinks, this is only for one season, it's not a multi-year contract.

October 28, 2010 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  19. BraveFart

Since when does anyone care what that hack has to say? All he does is collaborate with gifted people and rip off other peoples songs. He's the disgrace, and Tyler has paid his dues 100 fold and is allowed to make any choice he pleases. I'm not a fan of American idol – maybe watched half of one show, but to each their own. Bob just needs to shut his pie-hole and stick to his covers, rip offs, and ridiculous pimp lifestyle. He has not even come close to earning the right to dismiss other, talented people. What a joke he is...

October 28, 2010 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • JayMo

I dont think he's disregarding anything that Tyler or Aerosmith has done. He actually loves them and calls Tyler a Rock god. His point is....that what Tyler is doing is not a great move for someone who IS a rock god. American Idol is so not rock friendly that it's almost a joke to have him judge. That is Kid Rocks point. Remember when Gene Simmons was a guest judge one season? That was a mistake and he is a Rock God.

October 29, 2010 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Aerosmith Supporter

Kid's name is Bob? Fer Real??? you mean like Bob bob bob, bob bob demand? or re stamp?
      I will never look at a Bob the same way again ! Oh the eyesore!

October 29, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Vietnam

$12,000,000 very good reasons......

October 28, 2010 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  21. gary

Who cares anyway!! American Idol is a pathetic show anyway. None of the winners make it anyway except for 2 that really made it. Some non winners made it but none of these people have enough talent that in 20 years we will be listing to them anyway. If the show makes it through the whole season would be a surprise!!!

October 28, 2010 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  22. babs

Wouldn't you prefer a rock legend critique contestants than a has been or a who???

October 28, 2010 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Don

The first time Tyler slides out his chair and winds up on the floor foaming from too much blowo, lame Gene Simmons will be more than happy to be the next wash out to take this lame ass chair

October 28, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Eileen

Kid Rock should mind his own business, I totally agree with a Icon like Steven Tyler doing Idol. Kid Rock, get your ownlife

October 28, 2010 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Tevii

Good for Kid Rock for being honest. Just like Tyler, he is a TRUE artist. Steven Tyler is already a legend and I see Kid Rocks concern. But at the same time its this kind of risk that helped make Tyler a legend. People said the same thing back when Aerosmith made Walk This Way with RunDMC. But it turned our to be revolutionary. Who knows what this could result in. When it comes to true music, yeah, American idol is a joke, but maybe this will change that.

October 28, 2010 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Mike

Steven Tyler sold out long ago when Aerosmith came back from their drug-induced retirement in the eighties to make millions of dollars with lousy music.

October 28, 2010 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  27. JOHN

He's right....Tyler is an american rock legend.

American Idol is beneath him....

You would never see mick or keith
    do this.....

October 28, 2010 at 5:30 pm | Report abuse |
  28. jimicrackedcorn

Yep

October 28, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Joe, San Diego

Kid Rock is fine... very drool worthy and he is correct Steven Tyler should mentor in a different arena not AI
    AI is so cheesy and wait for it wait for Ryan Seacrest is strictly dulls-ville.
    JLO okay we get it you were a Fly Girl on In Living Colour with Karen Moss from Dancing With The Stars so what- I doubt Fred Astaire or Gene Kelly would be a judge on either one of these shows... some geeky guy is grinning because it got his wish for a idiotic show and more idiotic people continue to watch because they are boring people.
    I don't watch the show but I do love Kid Rock and Steven Tyler's music

October 28, 2010 at 5:24 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Tom

Saw Aerosmith in 1977 for first time.. Amazing legacy. And speaking of legacy, who's Kid Rock?

October 28, 2010 at 5:21 pm | Report abuse |
  31. JS

Kid Rock's an idiot. The guy just signed on to the #1 show in television (although, albeit, on the rapid decline)– for UMPTEEN $MILLION- Plus, he'll be introducing his persona (and, likely, his music) to millions of younger music fans who might not be familiar with him. Yeah, real bad move on his part. Kid Rock, you're an untalented moron, You'll probably be begging to pay him rent in one of his guest houses one day soon.

October 28, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Tammy Lambert

Its great to see Tyler has more then one side to his personality. He made his money, been on top, now he deserves to go out out and do crazy fun things..like Idol. Kid rock will soon understand his shine will fade if he sticks to the same ol same ol
    But he isnt old enough to realize his groupies are going to be cheesy cougars and fade-outs in the future

October 28, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Chris

In the end if all comes down to money. Aerosmith is a band that needs to tour to maintain their high flying lifestyle. The guy’s 62, he’s been falling off of stages all over the place lately, he’s tired. Why not make 10 million sitting at a table. As far as his legacy, let’s face it Aerosmith sold out a long time ago. Why? For the money. Just like everybody else.

October 28, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  34. It's ME!

Seriously? Who cares! You only live in this world one time, so why not do something different. Life should be somewhat fun. Why limit yourself for fear of appearing non-traditional, or a sell-out; basically fearing what others will think of you.

October 28, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • KSM

I could not agree more....WHO CARES???
      I have seen Aerosmith 4 times...I love them but its getting old! I think they as a band are great but their time is getting near the end of the touring circuit. Remember, Tyler has a drug problem...what better for him to be doing than NOT be touring. Who knows....maybe he will be good on Idol.
      Bottom line....WHO CARES...let it be!!

October 29, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Mitch Reynolds

Aerosmith has always been POP rock, with an empahisis on schmaltz. I think it's a perfect fit!

October 28, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Britt

Who is Kid "Rock" to say anything. Isn't he supposed to be this bad a** rapper. If he wanted to dis other rocker maybe he shouldn't have tried sellin himself out. Anyone know who hosted one of the lates cmt awards? Who's trying to be more country then rock? I know its not Steven Tyler, so for him to say he's ruining his rock image because he wants to help the up and coming artists is pretty hypacritical!

October 28, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  37. moi

Maybe Steven Tyler will make AI a little more exciting. Kid Rock is pathetic. I don't get his change to country. He should change his name...

October 28, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  38. David

Truth be told...Who cares what Kid Rock thinks!!!!!

October 28, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Kimberly

Kid Rock is a "legend in his own mind." Put down that crack pipe or needle or whatever and get yourself unjuiced man!!!. 'Nuff Said.

October 28, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Laura

I agree with the Kid (D forever!). Tyler is a Total Washed-up Old Sellout on this one. Hopefully he will come to his senses and bail on this and instead mentor REAL musicians in Boston, where he belongs.

October 28, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Bobby Janss

I couldn't agree more with Kid Rock for what he is saying. American Idol seriously sucks and I would absolutely hate to sit next to JLo for more than a second. Damn, Jennifer Lopez sucks. I honestly think Tyler is jeopardizing what he stands for. But honestly its not like me or Kid Rock really have any credibility in the Rock N Roll department. Kid Rocks music is seriously bad.

October 28, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  42. bandit

i agree with kid rock american idol is a stupid show and steven is waisting his time

October 28, 2010 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Mel

Wow, Steven Tyler is an American Rock hero. Who better to advise the direction of future American Idols? He knows about what it takes to survive in this industry and what is great and what isn't...Kid Rock is also awesome but has no where near the talent of Steven Tyler or the legacy. He should be grateful that he's been able to partner with some great people but has never had the success Steven Tyler has. I think it's great, we've got a Rock icon, a Pop icon, Jennifer and an industry icon in Randy. I can't wait to see this season!

October 28, 2010 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Miver

I agree with Kid.

October 28, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Spendlove

I couldn't agree more with Kid Rock.

October 28, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  46. J Harwick

Kinda harsh from the Vanilla Ice of rock. I was hoping for Gene Simmons...perfect replacement for Cowell. But Tyler is awesome!

October 28, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • bmomma

I think Gene would be a good choice too....but he has his own show and still doing guest gigs...ect..so he is sorta busy.

October 28, 2010 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • I Love a Good Beat

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooooooh, Gene Simmons would be great! You ever see one of his shows (Family Jewels) where he and a few of his band friends tried that computer guitar game thing his son was playing with?. I would be curious to see how he would judge, his calm exterior is iccccyyyyyy.

October 29, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  47. CHARLES

STEVE TYLER IS AN ORIGINAL. KID ROCK SOLD OUT LONG AGO. IMITATING ALL THE REAL STARS. HIS LATEST ATTEMPT OF RIPPING OFF BOB SEGER IS SHAMEFUL

October 28, 2010 at 4:30 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Mike B

Kid rock doesn't deserve to even say steven tyler's name, & shouldn't be allowed to talk about music. He's a joke, a pretend badboy, an embarrassment to americsn music history. Exactly, "kid ", here's somebody who made wonderful music for decades, had a family, earned his way to be able to venture out into new BUSINESS directions. He's following a career/life path that is based on nothing but success and achievement. Unlike you, "kid ", his career is not based on a BS, fake image, and HORRIBLE product. Perhaps "kid" is upset at the show because there's NEVER been a single contestant who COULDN'T out-sing him.

October 28, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  49. rock it down

I agree its a total sellout! The good news is this will probably the last season of idol cuz its gonna stink!

October 28, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Truthwillsetyoufree

The bottom line... Kid says" Damn I wanted that job"!

October 28, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Joe

i dont get the "throw it all away" bit. he's not throwing anything away.....he's just doing something a side gig..... who cares.

October 28, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  52. TIGBITS

Steven Tyler should not do this LAME AZZ show. Even though Kid Rock is one of the bigger d.o.u.c.h.e bags to come down the pike I have to agree with him. JLO yes, she fits in with the mentality of the people who watch that annoying crap...

October 28, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  53. David

As usual the answer is so simple. Those who like American Idol feel Steven is doing the right thing, even if they don't like him. They think the show is great and such deserves class acts as judges. Those who don't like American Idol (me included) think it a travesty that a rock legend would lower himself to be on such a vapid tv show. That being said, when my wife watches tv (rarely) she watches it for the shear mindlessness of it. She knows she is watching it to let her mind rest and slip off into the intellectual void that is modern day television. Personally, I would rather stare at the wall than watch tv. I don't watch it, and I don't let my kids watch it either.... and NO, I am not some nutty fundamentalist christian. I am just intelligent enough to control myself and find something better to do (like stare at the wall if necessary).

October 28, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
  54. MillieBea

Tyler totally sold out.

October 28, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • I Love a Good Beat

Actually I dont think Tyler sold out at all, the show obviously has been having some sorry ratings when it comes to behavior, etiquette and knowledge. Face it Kid Rock is still thinking he is some hot guy and I bet he would loose on composure if some young girl with cute or nice looks came onto that stage he would say something stupid to her. He's a dog! he has no class, no style. Whether Tyler was offered this position or not, he has what it takes to tell if someone has a chance to make it. I dont think he will behave like the Azz Simon was, lets hope not anyway, Simon was so into Paula Abdul his whole persona made him look stupid trying to impress her. Now to me that's insecurity at its finest! Time will tell when the show airs, and all will see how they hold their own. The show had too much negativity and snarls last season. I mean if you wanna compare personality and behavior check in on the judges of DWTS now those 3 are a riot! Carry Ann is kinda out there, Len is a crack up , critical but "knowledgeable" and Bruno, that guy just cracks me up when he swings his arms all over the place nearly knocking poor Len off his chair. Hopefully no arms will be flaring all over on A.I, id hate to see someone get popped in the eye! LOL (but it would be funny)

October 29, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Gabriela

Do you imagine the exposure Steve is getting through idol?
    Do you know How many youngsters are watching idol all over the world?
    Kid rock whoo????
    Generations to come will appreciate Steve as much as we all do!!!!

October 28, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Nottafan

Kidd Rock, made a career of putting filth to a beat. Those without talent always resort to filth and vulgarity to sell CD's to stupid kids who laugh and giggle when they hear a filthy word. Bravo Mr. Rock. Take a lesson from the older bands who's music and lyrics stood on their own, with maybe some clever inuendo thrown in once in a while.

October 28, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  57. TheBigF

Kid Rock you have zero place to say anything about his choices. You should have stopped making music after the first half of your second album. You are a complete fraud, and a sellout to boot. f%^* off

October 28, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  58. jillmarie

I love Aerosmith, but I was rooting for Bret Michaels to get the gig!

October 28, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • bmomma

I think he was on the country show that is similar to Idol...i just can't remember what it was called.

October 28, 2010 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Jojo

Tyler sold out years ago when he hired outside writers to write the crap they've been putting out for the past 20 yrs.

October 28, 2010 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  60. El Jefe

New d0uche, old D0uche, they're still d0uches

October 28, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Fred

Kid Rock, Trying to sing is your biggest mistake. I am SURE you would have turned down the Idol offer if it was given to you. (Not). You should stick to drinking Boone's in your mobile home. (A bath wouldn't hurt either.)

October 28, 2010 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Theresa

I agree with Kid, Tyler would jeapordize his 40 year relationship with Joe Perry and the rest of the band just to be a teen pop judge on idol, and make even more money than he knows what to do with? That to me is just being greedy and an ego-maniac. On the other hand, if they were looking for someone just as ridiculous and crazy as Paula....they've found him!

October 28, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Scott

Shut up Kid Rock. More like kid dook, at least that would be a better comparison to your "music."

October 28, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  64. gary

joe perrys got a short memory....friggin sanjaya???

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkHSvSLQqw&w=640&h=390]

October 28, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • OneTimeGig

This was a one time thing. I agree with another post that if Tyler wanted be a guest job it's wouldn't kill his credability like being permanent.

October 28, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  65. viperwrench

This reminds me of John Cougar Mellencamp criticizing Detroit boy Bob Segar for being a sell out by doing Chevy truck commercials. Of course Cougar thought it was great when he was offered a Chevy commercial. I suspect a media trollop like Kid Rock would soil himself trying to get the Idol gig.

October 28, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  66. brenda

what makes kid rock think that tyler did this because someone advised him....id say tyler is completely capable of making a decision. id say americanidol will be a decent success due to his involvement...and lopez. looking forward to them more than randy for sure.

October 28, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  67. melissa

Steven tyler has nothing to prove to anyone. He is a rock legend and always be and nothing he does will 'taint'that. I do not watch idol, and I won't watch it even with new judges because I think the show sucks and the judges don't even effect who is 'voted' for. But seriously kid rock, steven tyler is a rock god and nothing can change that.

October 28, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Tommy

Tyler stomped on his career and set it on fire sometime around "Don't Want to Miss a Thing," so this is just redundant.

October 28, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Kevin

I totally agree with Kid Rock. Would Jack Nicholson be cool if he played the father on the Brady Bunch?
    American Idol though entertaining is not cool

October 28, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Michael

I completely agree that it is a ridiculous move for him, but to call Kid Rock a peer is a stretch at best. He is a po white trash no talent hack that has got to be at 14:54 on his 15 minutes of fame.

Tyler was once great, many moons ago, but Kid Pebble is not even in the same aera code as Tyler. I don't believe he is talented enough to properly carry Tyler's harmonica.

What has 27 teeth and an IQ of 84? Kid Rock and his entourage at the Waffle House.

I'm out!

October 28, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Colie Brice

REALLY?? The Devil Without A Clue is preaching about selling out? tHAT'S EFFIN' hilarious.. He's gonna talk authoritatively about rock music? Guy can't even write or play his own riffs and sing for sheet..

October 28, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  72. femonanon

Kid Rock is a "peer"? Did I miss something?!

October 28, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aerosmith Supporter

LOL @ Femonanon, That's a good one!!! Oh god! I fell out of my chair busting up.... "peer" i can picture the eyebrow raising on that one, lol, good comeback!

October 28, 2010 at 7:58 pm | Report abuse |
  73. swampfetus

Kid's a little late. I respect Aerosmith's legacy but they sold out back in the early 90's when they let Desmond Child start writing songs for the band.

October 28, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Matt

When were either of these guys relevant? 10yrs ago? Since Aerosmith hasn't done anything the last 10yrs I supposed the bank account is shrinking. Kid Rock shouldn't be handing out his opinion because if Aerosmith is a legend, it doesn't 'matter what KR says they could care less.

October 28, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  75. mike

Cause kid rock knows anything??his cds are whack his music is whack being with pam anderson was whack...kid rocks a nobody who follows legends around... Who the heck wanted a kid rock version of sweet home alabama anyway... Remember kid rock you came from the mad truckers or whatever.. I'm not a fan of idol..but just let it be... Dousche

October 28, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Krys Mass

I bet it has something to do with his kids. I remember when he was on the Disney show Lizzie McGuire (with Hilary Duff) because his kids were big fans. I think he will be an interesting addition to Idol and I doubt he'll sign on for more than one season.

October 28, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  77. tom

The thing I dont like about Kid Rock is the fact that he got his start rapping! Now hes claims to be this big southern rock figure. Hes like a wanna be redneck.

October 28, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • I Love a Good Beat

Its all Ego Tom. Kid Rock is looking to be noticed. Remember Terrance Trent D'Arby?, he was doing good till he got on stage bragging Everyone is to appreciate him. Aerosmith knew they were and still are good, they went out there and performed and did what it took. Kid Rock is all fowl mouth, screaming, spitting into the mic, jumping around like he has dry skin on and on, reminds me of a bi polar mental case in need of serious medical attention. NO THANK YOU! Never the less it will be interesting to watch, Im not a American Idol watcher but to see a legend as a judge! ? (punt – " I wouldn't wanna miss a thang" ) LOL

October 29, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  78. who's aerosmith?

Maybe this will finally bring the end of Aerosmith. Can't stand watching that dude that looks like a lady try to sing!

October 28, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  79. boocat

Maybe the AI people are going after an older audience..you know..the ones that know what real music is and not the dreck and crap that's out there today. I have never watched AI and I don't plan on watching with Tyler on it either.

October 28, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  80. jaz

I think kid rock needed some additional publicity for his "marvelous" new CD.

October 28, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Steven Tyler Seagal

Steven Tyler has been a sell out for years. Anyone honestly know who wrote all those power ballads that brought Aerosmith renewed success? It wasn't Tyler/Perry. Look it up. Diane Warren wrote a bunch of them.

Tyler looks like an old lady now. That said, Kid Rock is one to talk about sell outs. Didn't his popularity wane about the time Limp Bizkit's did?

October 28, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Devlin

I have loved Aerosmith since I was a kid. Currently 39. Tyler is a sellout!!!!

October 28, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Dude

KR needs to take a Valium.

October 28, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Craig

For those of you who refuse to believe that Tyler is NOT a sell-out: Appearance on SNL in the Wayne's World skits, appearance in Wayne's World II, his own arcade game, did the soundtrack to Armageddon and pretty much landed his daughter her role in that (according to what I once read), 'appearance' in The Simpson's, plus various other movie appearances playing himself. How can you NOT be a sell-out after all that?

October 28, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Ana

I agree with Kid on this. These shows r nothing but trash and self promoting morons!!! "Aerosmith" is legendary and should not be making a joke of. I lost respect for u Steve but I am true to the music and the fundamental that u use to stand for. (I'll be Dreaming On that u will come to ur senses and drop that show. Think how many of ur peers that have passed on and probably turning in their graves. Don't sell out for the sake of money or entertainment!!!!

October 28, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  86. citizenUSA

It's a mixed bag for me. He's not going to do anything with Aerosmith anymore and won't be embarking on a solo career anytime soon so it is kinda like, "somebody wants to pay me for something so I'm on it". But hey, lots of people find themselves in new roles when they can't do what they used to. Tyler's a rock & roller who'll have to listen to kids singing all sorts of crap. However, beacuse of his uniqueness and illustrious career, he should be able to offer some tangible advice.

October 28, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  87. havoc

There is nothing more pathetic than an aging rock star, a wanna be white rapper AND American Idol. And you just got them in one story.

October 28, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  88. piedpiper

Kid Rock is a talentless doucebag. Why would anyone listen to him, and why would that person care what he said. I'm sure when Steven Tyler was told what Kid Rock said, Tyler said "Who?"

October 28, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  89. greymare

At first I thought it was a little odd that he signed on to be a judge, but Steven Tyler has been in the business so long that he will be able to give these kids good advice. I love the guy and can't wait to see him on the show.

October 28, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Meep

bahahahah! Kid Rock says he's selling out by going to idol??? They've both sold out by putting out sh!tty music through major record labels... Both are trashy washed up morons anyway. Now... Liv Tyler's mouth on the other hand...she could put that to good use. :)

October 28, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Griff

opps i meant "Don't Want to Miss a Thing" Either way...THAT was selling out

October 28, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aerosmith Supporter

@ Griff :
      LOL , I knew what u meant, but hey that was a good song, it went with the movie Armageddon – which was good, just think they could of found some one else besides Bruce and..... dont forget Steve's lil daughter was in that movie, I believe he calls her Lib, am i right? think thats the name..

October 28, 2010 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aerosmith Supporter

Ack! its LIV, geez, both almost sound alike... any how... Steven has the knowledge and the experience and i think and believe he will be great for the show, i see it as a charity savior type thing, show must be slugging so pull in someone that will bring the show back into play, its called Damage Control! ;)

October 28, 2010 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Griff

Sell out? Hmm no that happened YEARS ago with that stupid ballad "Don't Want to Close my Eyes"

October 28, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • tammy

umm.. your wrong; sorry; everyone calling tyler a sell out?? give me a break. how come every time they tour their sold out? geez...maybe because they still rock. i wanna see where "dick rock" is when hes 60!

November 21, 2010 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Joe

A sell out? Sheesh. I'd call it mentoring fellow artists – or people who hope to be artists. There's nothing wrong with that. And there's also nothing wrong with earning a living. Yes, he doesn't need the money, but even if he did then big deal. Working doesn't make you a sell out.

October 28, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  94. bro2044

Kid Rock is the most overrated "rock" star of all time. He has no right to tell a legend like Tyler what he should and shouldnt be doing. Steve would be able to help a lot of these up and coming entertainers with much more of a wealth of information and experience than anyone else. Its entertainment, but also teaching. I don't really care for the show, but I don't see a problem with it. Kid rock is an idiot, and always has been. Go back to being a cowboy, baby.

October 28, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Me

I completely agree with Kid Rock. I think he was just trying to say that Steven Tyler is too good for American Idol, which he is.

October 28, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Agee

I can't agree more. I was horrified to hear that Tyler would be doing Idol. He's so much better than that. "J-Lo" has always been commercial and gimicky so for her it makes sense, but I believe for Steven to take this on was truely a mistake.

October 28, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Craig

What the hell does Kid Rock know? He has built a career ripping off white Rock artists and believes this makes him original and influential, much the same way a lot of Rap artists have. Rock is one of the lowest common denominators in music today. Though I don't know why I should care. I mean, Tyler is the perfect man for the spot: trendy, over-rated, popular, formulaeic (sp?). I mean, that's what American Idol is all about. Do you really think the show is about artistic merit? *phft* Please. I's about mass appeal at the expense of individuality and artistic progression. It's about money. Flavor of the week for the ignorant masses.

October 28, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  97. AerosmithFan

I think that Kid Rock has it right. Steven Tyler should not be doing Idol. Even his longtime band mate Joe Perry said he shouldn't do it. I read an article that said that Joe was going to be looking for a new singer. Go to Google, type in 'Joe Perry on Steven Tyler American Idol' and get enlightened. If Steven Tyler is replaced, not only will he have thrown away everything he's worked for, but the fans will lose the only band (Aerosmith) to have been together, same five members, my whole life. Way to go Steven. Thanks for trashing it all.

October 28, 2010 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  98. MadCityBabe

he's just opening his yap because his new CD is about to appear and then tank............got I couldnt be in the entertainment business.............to keep pimpn yourself..........I'm covered in ick

October 28, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Noah

How can a multimillionaire, world famous rock star "sell out"?!? Not possible. He's always been a commercial product.

October 28, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Dave

I have no problem with Kid Rock but lets not get carried away and call him a 'peer' of Steven's. Steven is a rock god, in the Hall of Fame, and one of the true front men of rock. His peers are more along the lines of Mic Jaggar and Robert Plant and Ozzy.

October 28, 2010 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • MadCityBabe

I totally agree.......................Kid Rock is certainly not in the higher tier.

October 28, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  101. MadCityBabe

SHUT UP Kid Rock..........."Kid Rock"................what a dufus name

October 28, 2010 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  102. josephine

What's the big deal? Steven Tyler is in his 60's so his live stage shows are not going to be as they they once were. I think he made the best decision for himself. Yo, Kid Rock, go back to hangin' with Rev Run & mind your bees wax!!!

October 28, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  103. Cary in Colorado Springs

I think appearing on "Idol" is so far beneath him!!!

October 28, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Capt. Trips

Why's he so concerned with it now? Tyler's been a sell-out for years.

October 28, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Eric

Aerosmith was my favorite band for a long time...I've seen them 6 times. I wish Steven would focus on his band. He is 62 now and should be trying to get one more album recorded with Aerosmith before it is too late...they've been talking about one for years now. In March 2011, it will ten years since they released Just Push Play...they're last full album of original material.

October 28, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  106. Steve Coronado

Steven Tyler will help add a whole new angle to Idol with surging aged boomer viewership needed and equating into ratings. now grandpa can watch with teen aged grandkids in selections of winner! No mistake KidRock, as what else is an aging rock star to do? Rock On!!!

October 28, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Lovethoseguys

Well I for one am glad Steven Tyler will be on idol. They had to get someone huge or no one would ever watch the show again. And although Kid Rock may think it is beneath Steven Tyler to be on the show, he is going to make it fun and worth watching and he will provide valuable feed back to aspiring artist. I love both these guys, but I gotta say Kid, don't knock it till you try it. You may get a kick out of being a guest star and they really need more rockers.

October 28, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  108. acadia2431

Really Steven? Does your ego need propping up this badly? As a life long Aerosmith fan I'm disappointed in Steven's decision. If he were a one-time guest fine, but the whole move just seems dumb for him. I want to see him live, on stage, in my hometown, not tv.

October 28, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aerosmith Supporter

Acadia, there's no ego boosting needed, I concur! You have to remember, this is the SAME MAN who walked away from almost loosing his entire legacy and band from Heroin! Now that's a hard thing to do when ur hooked on that stuff just by some of the reports and stories told how bad this drug sucks u down into its misery! and he did a 360 o turnaround now that's strength! Again Kid is out of line and it sounds more and more he's annoyed cause he wasn't in it, well he can always hook back up with Pammy Poo.. and u have a choice which Pam... the oil spray or the female!

October 28, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  109. KidRockSucks

Kid Rock is clearly jealous.....how come someone as influential as Steven Tyler be told he shouldn't be able to judge up and coming musicians on American Idol? I don't care for the show, but I think his opinion will mean alot especially with his musical background/history. Kid Rock is a trailer trashed has been.

October 28, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Heissohot

I think he may reply to your statement with " 15 million sold Mother F*@ker...he's gone platinum for a reason...

October 28, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Johnny Bravo

Kid Rock is a poseur. He manufactured his "white-trash" image and did not grow up in a trailer-park or in any hood. Steven Tyler has earned the right to do whatever he wants. Kid Crock shouldn't talk so much.

October 28, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  111. DJSINPA

I'm sure everyone that supports Tyler's decision will be the same people that encourage the B.S. Trash Scripted reality T.V. Kid Rock is absolutely correct with his assessment of Tyler stomping and burning his legacy as a Rock Icon. It is really becoming sad what some people will do for money. I would be more understanding if it were someone like David Lee Roth or another artist that hasn't had a hit in 20 or so years.

October 28, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  112. JimmyJam

What does Kid Rock know? Nothing...he came out as a rapper! Now he thinks he can sing Southern Rock and judge Steven Tyler? Go back to rappin....hip hop, ya dont stop.

October 28, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aerosmith Supporter

Hi 5! Jimmy, I couldn't agree with you more, Steven has been around allot longer than this Kid has and most of all Steven used a decent full name not KID THIS OR Carmelina or some stupid name to draw attention to himself, Steve's talent is what got him up there! Kid isn't no Eisenstein and he should respect Steven if he says he loves him so much, then let him make his own decisions, thank god Kid isn't in with the voting of congressman and stuff, that would be scary! and foremost, look what he dated? Pamela Anderson??? of all people,now there's a brilliant choice! gag me!

October 28, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • master debater

Yeah whatever kid rock if you have. For so many drops in the bucket for two in the bush you cant even tell me otherwise. Aerosmith supporter u need to stop gagging cuz rappers know how for rapping and rock singers only sing about rock when we all know five. Different kinds of shoes know how 2

October 28, 2010 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Annie

I think Kid Rock and Keith are right. Seems like downhill from here.

October 28, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Aerosmith Supporter

FACT ONE! Steven Tyler is NOT SELLING HIMSELF OUT! The guy chose this decision on his own accord! He is a brilliant musician and singer and knows the score! I think he would be superb in Idol, a hell of allot better than Simon! whom by the way is walking idiot walking east while the dip looks north! Duh!
    Steven is sharp, knows his limitations, I say GO FOR IT ! Screw what others say its not like your bungee jumping! Christ! but then again he'd more than likely show how its done right! People need to mind their own damn business and worry bout their own bones of digging – sounds to me like a streak of jealousy how immature to even say Steven shouldn't do this or that! Kid Rock, listen to ur music the sleazy stuff you write and send out on CD's, YOU SHOULDN'T BE SINGING "I WANNA F YOU" but you do it anyway now dont u Mr. I'm so full of myself? Dumb-ass!

October 28, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bill

I'd just say that if the Armageddon soundtrack wasn't considered 'selling out', then this really shouldn't be either. I also don't think the giants of classic rock need to be concerned with the opinion of a contrived pop singer like Kidd Rock.

October 28, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • master debater

Aerosnith suppoerter you don't even know if he is wouldn't be if he's good so whatever if so or not he be on the show. Kid make CD so if Steven Tyler would even do better American idol and eat a sandwhich for real when posting so much better since you think you're so good can't argue with THAT! Ha! Gotcha there don't I!

October 28, 2010 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aerosmith Supporter

@ MASTER :
      Again I stand my ground, Aerosmith has been out since the 70's! Kid Rock rolled up years after, kid rock crashed, Aerosmith is pulling strong. My point is, this man has been all over, world wide practically, he didn't pull no Micheal Jackson routine, he certainly rolled right along with the Stones while others shifted away, he knows his stuff, he even appeared on two and a half men, Tyler is smart, intelligent and has his bands back as he has theirs! here's a case in point... GENE SIMMONS! remember him? still around, still a success and he knows Joe Perry and the rest, and remember KIZZ didn't make it on a Chinese fortune cookie either, they all pulled in and made it, always reinventing themselves and coming back better than before, aint seen K.R. do that and dunt expect him ever too! I rest my case!

October 28, 2010 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • I Love a Good Beat

Oh god get over yourself Master Debater??? LOL from your statement it sounds like you come from the same lame bloodline as Kid Rock! How old are you anyway? Do you EVEN understand anything about talent and music? Tyler is Way too good and he has allot more under that belt, sheesh take a look at his daughter, hellfire shes made a few movies, don't see any offspring of Kid's out there making it. Do your homework guy, your clearly out of the loop! Hellfire if I was looking for some good pointers Id want it from someone whose been there and done that! What the hell is your damn excuse? Back up that horse, tie it to the post and put it in park! E.S.L ( Entering Space Limbo!) LOL, you just made my day! What bunch of crock! LOL , laughing here!

October 29, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Mr Glen

I agree with"The Kid" Steven is an American icon and this show is American trash–i never would have thought he'd stoop to this level. Like the kid–love him to death–but this is plain disgusting.

October 28, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aerosmith Supporter

Glen... this guy has been in Rock as long as I have listened to them since 1974~ he knows his stuff, and quite frankly would be straight up and to the point if any corrections would be given... all kid rock is about is slamming and banging and fighting.. PA LEASE! Steven has class! and I like the idea that someone of his talent is in the show! American Idol I know isnt the greatest, but if someone of the OLD WISE TREE THEORY can point someone in the right direction when it comes to music and Singing, Steven would by my guess! and mostly, he is one of the few still out there making music!

October 28, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  116. ingyandbert

Kid Rock's just jealous his redneck azz wasn't asked to judge. Tyler has nothing to prove to Kid Rock or anyone else.

October 28, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  117. C

I don't see wht Kid Rock is all up in arms about this, its not like American Idol is going to be on tv after this next season anyway.

October 28, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • TJ

let's hope not anyway...American idol is soo overrated!

October 28, 2010 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rocker Dude

I agree, this will most probably be the last season of American Idol anyway. Plus it is not like Kid Rock is such a talented icon that he should be judging Steven. Hey Kid, try actually writing a song instead of sampling it and adding your own lyrics, wait that would require some talent, so you are no better than the people on Idol. i cringe whenever I hear the Wearwolves of London into and then you come on...

October 28, 2010 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Keith

Watch a western movie called Monte Walsh. The old time cowboy character is offered a job in a Wild West Show, and turns it down saying "I ain't pi**in' on my whole life."

That's what Tyler has done.

October 28, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Debbie

I don't agree with Kid Rock. I think Steven Tyler will be awesome and I'm looking forward to the new season. Sounds like Kid Rock is jealous he wasn't asked to be a judge.

October 28, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • reaves

Agree. He needs to stay busy right now to avoid the drugs. Work will be good for him and the majority is happy to have him on idol.

October 28, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Oh Please

I agree. Kid Rock has made a career out of doing nothing, and dating. He USED to be in a "band," briefly, then everyone came to their senses and he has no career there now. So it's a wonder that he thinks he has any credibility to pass judgment on the lead singer of the biggest export band in the US.

October 28, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kate

Do you even know what Aerosmith and Steven Tyler stand for? They are pure rock and roll. American Idol has nothing to do with real rock. I've lost all respect for him. I've seen Aerosmith in concert at least 12 times but not anymore. American Idol is nothing more than a karoake show.

October 28, 2010 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • kiki

I love Steven Tyler....I think he was a great choice!

October 28, 2010 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • CeeCee

I first must ask, who is Kid Rock? He has been famous for 30 seconds and those 30 seconds haven't been that great. Steven Tyler has earned the right to do whatever he wants to do. Mr. Tyler is an inspiration to those who are fighting addictions. He is a talented man whose music is loved and respected by a diverse population of people. If anyone could judge and encourage talent its Steven Tyler. Kid Rock you will never be in Steven Tyler's league, so keep the hate to yourself.

October 28, 2010 at 6:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

I don't agree that it will RUIN Steven Tyler, but it won't look good. Just look at Mark McGrath. His credibility as a rock n roll singer is GONE.

October 29, 2010 at 1:56 am | Report abuse |