Ryan Gosling reveals his wedding singer past
October 26th, 2010

Ryan Gosling reveals his wedding singer past

He may be one of Hollywood's most acclaimed young actors, but Ryan Gosling says his talent is nothing compared to that of fellow former Mouseketeers Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera.

Canadian Gosling, 29, tells the November issue of Interview magazine that he began his career as a child, singing "When a Man Loves a Woman" at weddings with his sister.

"We’d do it right before the garter ceremony," he explains. "While the bride was sitting on the chair, I would get down on my knees and sing the song, and then my sister would sing another song, and then together we would sing 'Old Time Rock & Roll.' Then sometimes if we were really killing it, I’d sing 'Runaround Sue.'"

Eventually, he joined Spears, Aguilera and Timberlake as a Mouseketeer in the early '90s Disney series, "The All New Mickey Mouse Club." But it wasn't long before he realized that his wedding warbling didn't quite cut it.

"It was kind of depressing because when I got there, they realized that I wasn’t really up to snuff in comparison with what some of the other kids were able to do," he says. "I remember one time they put four of us in a dance routine, but I was so off. I was on the end, so they just pushed the shot in closer on the other three guys to frame me out."

Ultimately, Gosling only appeared at the beginning and end of the show, giving him a lot of free time in between, which he spent with fellow Disney staffers at the theme parks.

"There was one guy who I became friends with. He played a genie and was this great dancer. He took us to a place called Pleasure Island, which was for adults to go after the kids had their days," says Gosling.

"He would sneak us in and we would go to a club there called 8 Trax and dance with the secretaries, who were grinding on us," he adds. "Now, that sounds completely inappropriate. I can’t imagine how it was possible."

1. Danny

Because acne skin problem can be a consequence of too much oil secretion, an oil-free moisturizer is essential. Diet – Studies show that diet won't play a role in a choice of the cause or perhaps the treatment of acne. Of course, that is good advice to check out at all times, because it is good on your overall health, nevertheless it can be particularly significant if you're being affected by acne.

July 12, 2013 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Nope..they fought this morning.

July 4, 2013 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  3. And the *putz* just detached..thanks

July 4, 2013 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  4. She's not there is another *putz* thanks

July 4, 2013 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Vera

Wash your fingers which means you dont get the stuff on every other material, as it could bleach it. Salicylic acid and LHA combat blemishes; glycolic and citric acids treat face lines, wrinkles, and roughness; and dioic acid fights acne, reduces excess sebum production, and prevents hyperpigmentation that can induce skin to appear prematurely aged. You have to produce a choice between natural or chemical acne remedy products in achieving an acne-free skin.

July 4, 2013 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Monica loves Chandler

My pimples are gone .. I am mentruating

July 4, 2013 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Dexter

Wash your fingers which means you dont receive the stuff on every other material, as it may bleach it. Acne is among the skin conditions that affect both teenagers and adults. Acne Complex runs on the number of proven acne fighting ingredients and skin soothing botanicals.

July 4, 2013 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Katrin

But the big question is: how to choose the most appropriate products for your skin. Obviously dubious of the claim, I decided it did not hurt to try this product to pay off up a couple of unsightly pimples which were not being helped by Clearasil. Acne Complex utilizes a number of proven acne fighting ingredients and skin soothing botanicals.

July 4, 2013 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Slob44

Females who look sloppy all the time is a sign of depression.

July 4, 2013 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Dulcie

Severe acne can cause bullying, problems for self esteem. Even a couple of pimples may come to be a severe situation, hence you ought to eliminate them as soon as you spot them. Of course, this can be good advice to check out at all times, because it is good on your overall health, however it can be particularly significant if you're being affected by acne.

July 4, 2013 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Dorthy

I like the helpful information you provide in your articles. I'll bookmark your blog and check again here frequently. I'm quite certain I'll learn many new stuff right here! Good luck for the next!

June 25, 2013 at 6:17 am | Report abuse |
  12. Wilson

I truly love your blog.. Very nice colors & theme. Did you create this site yourself? Please reply back as I'm hoping to create my very own website and would like to know where you got this from or what the theme is called. Many thanks!

June 23, 2013 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Elisha

You should be a part of a contest for one of the greatest websites on the internet. I will recommend this web site!

June 21, 2013 at 2:55 am | Report abuse |
  14. Josh

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about mark marino - special to cnn. Regards

June 2, 2013 at 6:32 am | Report abuse |
  15. Alphonse

It's appropriate time to make some plans for the future and it's time to be happy. I've read this post and if I could I want to suggest you some interesting things or tips. Perhaps you can write next articles referring to this article. I want to read even more things about it!

May 27, 2013 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  16. Nichole

After I originally commented I appear to have clicked on the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on whenever a comment is added I recieve 4 emails with the exact same comment. There has to be a means you are able to remove me from that service? Appreciate it!

May 20, 2013 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  17. Sherrill

If some one wants to be updated with most recent technologies then he must be go to see this website and be up to date everyday.

May 20, 2013 at 4:50 am | Report abuse |
  18. No business this weekend ... have a good weekend

=

May 17, 2013 at 5:41 am | Report abuse |
  19. Tosheeba who busted that before NC

sorry we have all may have too meet at some point for this cruelty towards me.....whoever you are...

May 17, 2013 at 5:41 am | Report abuse |
  20. 09

link gee i hope not

May 17, 2013 at 5:39 am | Report abuse |
  21. Hubster

1. busted 4 computers and routers
    2. hacked into fone lines
    3 somebody patches her and her friends in
    4 don't get too comfy yet.

May 17, 2013 at 5:38 am | Report abuse |
  22. Somebody is also patching her ine whereever she is...

she's cruel woman...cuz your dik worked doesn't its over...

May 17, 2013 at 5:36 am | Report abuse |
  23. We may still need too speak too her for cruelty matters

towards me...don't get too excited...

May 17, 2013 at 5:35 am | Report abuse |
  24. Vickie

No matter if some one searches for his essential thing, thus he/she needs to be available that in detail, so that thing is maintained over here.

May 17, 2013 at 5:21 am | Report abuse |
  25. Victorina

I do accept as true with all the concepts you have presented on your post. They're really convincing and can certainly work. Still, the posts are too brief for newbies. Could you please lengthen them a little from next time? Thanks for the post.

i always have a bad breath ONLY when i am bloated?

May 1, 2013 at 4:49 am | Report abuse |
  26. gess howarth

There is nothing being wrong as a wedding singer. I am one in my part time when I finish my course work.
    check my song list if you like: http://www.singer-shropshire.co.uk/

January 3, 2011 at 7:41 am | Report abuse |
  27. Afte Rall

He could do the right thing and marry Rachel. Otherwise, he's just a boy like all the rest.

October 27, 2010 at 9:51 am | Report abuse |
  28. john

Those that are hounding him about his eyes (they are fantastic by the way) probably break cameras...
    Gosling is fabulous.

October 27, 2010 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
  29. MrBrightside

guy not buy. Sorry.

October 27, 2010 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  30. MrBrightside

Actually he was not at all in Fight Club. The buy Ed Norton beat up was Jared Leto.

October 27, 2010 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  31. Marc Houde

Go Cornwall!!

October 27, 2010 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  32. buckaboo

He's an alien. It's a mask. He's here to destroy the world. We must capture him and get all the women of the world to do him. Attack Attack Attack! (I might join in too :-) )

October 27, 2010 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  33. Hannah

Ryan Gosling is the hottest man alive.

October 27, 2010 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
  34. Miriam

Anyone remember him in Young Hercules?

October 27, 2010 at 6:06 am | Report abuse |
  35. Joe, San Diego

Ooooo ooooo I adore RG!

October 27, 2010 at 4:36 am | Report abuse |
  36. john

luckily, he's started his own band now, and they're awesome. Dead Man's Bones. it's like a soundtrack to Halloween. probably won't appeal to most people, but it's really creative and charming, quirky.

October 27, 2010 at 3:37 am | Report abuse |
  37. wait what about his eyes

eyes

October 27, 2010 at 12:51 am | Report abuse |
  38. Lola

why is this news?? i sing at my church choir, big whoop LMAO. and what's up with his eyes hahahaha

October 27, 2010 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  39. Randomoniem

He was awesome in Stay. I almost forgot who he really was because he played his role really well. Script was great and the movie ended with a bang.

October 26, 2010 at 11:36 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Lou Al

I loved him in Fight Club and especially Death to Smoochie. He's so fantastic!

October 26, 2010 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ginny

He wasn't in FIght Club- hilarious! That was Brad Pitt and Ed Norton.

October 27, 2010 at 12:13 am | Report abuse |
    • Frank

Lol. You're confusing him with Ed Norton and I just don't see how that's possible.

October 27, 2010 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Trohl

No he was the guy Edward beat up

October 27, 2010 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
    • jenickki

Lou,
      I think you were refering to Edward Norton. He is the actor that I think, you think Mr. Gosling is. Yes, agreed these roles were great ones for Mr. Norton. I think Mr. Gosling is mostly known for his work in the Notebook. Just waned to make that correction. LOL, I never really noticed a similarity before; but now I do.

October 27, 2010 at 8:31 am | Report abuse |
    • EB

The guy Edward Norton beat up is Jared Leto

October 27, 2010 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  41. anna

ahh he's in a band, and they're great. dead man's bones

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8se3C_ZLd8g&w=640&h=390]

check it out :)

October 26, 2010 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
  42. bill

theres something wrong with his eyes.........

October 26, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fan

One is smaller than the other...but I don't care. He's a fantastic actor; he was amazing in Half Nelson & Lars and The Real Girl. And, of course, I loved him in The Notebook. He's a great young talent whose not always in the tabloids for drinking or drugs or trashing his hotel room. I'll go see him in every movie he makes.

October 26, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Trish

His left eye looks like it is looking to the side and up slightly while the right looks normal. Regardless of that, G0D D@MN HE IS HOT.

October 26, 2010 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jason

Oh that's hilarious Bill. Took the thoughts right out of my mind. LOL.

October 27, 2010 at 2:04 am | Report abuse |
    • cwhero1863

He probably has Strabismus, an eye condition. Millions of people have this condition, including thousands of celebrities

October 27, 2010 at 2:40 am | Report abuse |
    • K

Lazy eye, that's all :)

October 27, 2010 at 4:49 am | Report abuse |
    • T. Matijas

"The absence of a flaw in beauty is itself a flaw."
      -Havelock Ellis

October 27, 2010 at 6:14 am | Report abuse |
    • sumbeach

LOL that's what i was thinking. they sure hide that on camera or i hadn't paid any attention!!

October 27, 2010 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |