'Real Housewives of ATL' showers us with crazy
October 26th, 2010

'Real Housewives of ATL' showers us with crazy

Oh, where to begin with the madness and foolery that was the latest episode of “Real Housewives of Atlanta”?

Let’s start from the top down, shall we? From here on out I am seriously considering referring to Phaedra as “Fakedra” because I question what color the sky is in her world.

A baby shower with 150 people and a mandate that the guests all wear big hats? Flowers in the hair, eyelashes befitted with rhinestones and a “first dance” waltz with Dwight? Is this chick serious?

And once the ballerinas came dancing out I started flashing back to Kanye’s “Runaway” short film and trying to figure out what bizarre universe I had just entered into.

I know that Phaedra is supposed to have this ultra-fabulous life as an entertainment attorney, but there is such a thing as being too over the top and that "boughetto" (you know, the lovechild of bourgeois and ghetto) baby shower definitely ranked up there. Clearly her husband had the common sense to not be involved in the sheer and utter ridiculousness of the event and I applaud him for that. One of the best parts about the shower was the appearance of Lisa, who I kind of miss.

I have not at all taken to our newest housewife and it has nothing to do with her hideous choices in eye shadow colors. Rather, it’s the constant reminders of how incredible Phaedra is and how she’s such a “Southern belle.”

Well, most of the “Southern belles” I know have the good grace not to insult people straight to their face as Phaedra did to Cynthia’s fiancé. Bravo (no pun intended) that Phaedra managed to find a man who doesn’t have any children out of wedlock or “babies’ mamas,” but did she have to go on and on after she learned that Cynthia’s man is a father of five? It made Phaedra look like an elementary school in July (no class).

The jury was still out for me on Cynthia for awhile, but I am warming up to her. She handled the whole back of the limo conversation with Phaedra and Dwight quite well and in my opinion earned extra points for not laughing at the pair’s matching pink hats.

One thing I am confused about with Phaedra is her relationship with Ne Ne. On an earlier episode it was remarked that they had known each other since childhood, but Ne Ne said on this episode that she doesn’t know Fake..I mean Phaedra well at all.

Poor Ne Ne. What’s a girl to do when you get your nose and boobs done and your husband doesn’t even show up or answer his phone. Ne Ne and Greg have hit a serious rough patch and my sadness for them was lightened only by Sheree’s comment that if she had had cosmetic surgery every time she had marital problems she would look like Dwight.

Loved that line almost as much as I did Sheree’s “Who gonna check me, Boo?” t-shirt. Must buy one!

Your thoughts on this week’s “Housewives”?

1. Judy

Help! I'm confused! If anyone sees this, please tell me what the deal is with Phaedra's due date!! Obviously a doctor isn't going to deliver a baby six weeks early unless there's an emergency, and Phaedra can't even say WHY he's delivering the baby early? Why is she lying? And why are none of the others pressing her about this?

November 3, 2010 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Carole

These tricks. Yall, I cannot. I am from Atlanta, and I can seriously tell you that these "women" are not who we are or what we are about. Money can buy you things, but cannot buy you class. As for the fiasco of a baby shower, girl, good day to you and that mess. As for all of the other ladies-The closest you are to a "true Southern Belle" is that you are a ding-a-ling that has chosen to be a character and the punchline.

October 29, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Tammy

I want my JOB back. If it weren't for me covering up her mishandled cases she would'nt be on the show making over $100k and episode! Is anyone out there listening?!

October 29, 2010 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  4. dirtykitty

Phaedra wears way too much of all the wrong shades of eye shadow. It look disgustingly cheap and is always over done. She is not what I consider a classy lady. And poor Dwight, what is wrong with his nose? If he is celebrity hair stylist, where is his salon and why is he never at work? OMG, NeNe, what did you do to your face? You were beautiful as you were. During the scene when NeNe questioned Greg about his involvement with Dwight, I kind got the impression that he and Dwight had some shady dealings going on (if you catch my drift). All the same, I love the Atlanta Housewives.

October 29, 2010 at 4:04 am | Report abuse |
  5. Tammy

Phaedra fired me early this year. I use to work for her.

October 28, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • no more fakedra

Hey, Tammy won't you tell us what is was like working for one of the ugliest, dumbest can't believe this moron said what she said fake idiots of life and spill all the dirt on this ugly big ugly lip heffer.

November 2, 2010 at 1:16 am | Report abuse |
  6. Gigi

Phaedra-It's amazing with all of her degrees, lucrative career and expanding family that she feels she is only somebody based on who she knows.....That's ridiculous. The elaborate babyshower was to throw her lifestyle in everyone's face. It's sad she doesn't know how classLESS she is. It's also sad that she doesn't want to spend quality time with her husband. I bet she dumps him after the baby gets here. NeNe-Sheree hit the nail on the head. Instead of paying the plastic surgeon, she should've been in marriage counseling. Sheree-I'm glad she looks like a woman this season. The past two seasons she looked like a drag queen.

October 28, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  7. BT

Phaeadra outta watch out for Dwight, cause the min NeNe jumps back on the scene, he's gonna be spreading the rumor that he spent his own $$ on that tacky babyshower...haha. If Cynthia doesn't get married soon and when/if Nene get's divorced, Bravo may have to think about renaming it to "Real Non-Housewives of ATL".

October 28, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Just Me

I just started watching all of the Hoisewives shows in the past few days. I must say I absolutely love them all so far. I find it hilarious and entertaining. I do like Kandi best though, even though I find Ne-Ne funny as hell.

October 28, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  9. DC

I like Phaedra. I think she was right on the money with her comment about “babies’ mamas". Why can't she have an opinion about that? I also like that she's over the top! This is why I watch the show! I can't wait to see what she'll do next.

October 28, 2010 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  10. Mysonshine

Hate if you must – compare if you will – ATL housewives has the highest ratings of all the housewives combined – and the very first season's episodes have been picked up by NBC to air at noon. Keep it comming ladies – Bravo$$

October 28, 2010 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  11. Jocee

Fakedra is crazy as h3ll, but you all must admitt that, the Alanta Hosewives and the New Jersey Housewive are the best of all the Housewive shows over there at BRAVO. The other ladies on the Atlanta show are pretty much relaxed with their new found fame, well...except Kim, she's still seeking attention. Fakedra and Dwight are trying to get a spin-off after this season.

October 28, 2010 at 4:21 am | Report abuse |
  12. Pat

My god if this is the best of Altanta's society than I have seen it all. How gettho! And that Feadra is a mess, so claseless, tacky, Oh My God!!!!!

October 27, 2010 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • SugarCane325

As an Atlanta resident, I can definitely say this is not the best the ATL has to offer. Most of the wives used to live around my neighborhood until they went broke. The only one in my area is Kim, and Lisa used to live by me. In regard to Phaedra and NeNe being from Athens... Athens is not the hood. It's a college town home to the University of Georgia. Phaedra needs to stop saying that she's a southern Belle from Athens, because she isn't. People from ATH are nice and friendly and always up for a good time. Southern Belles don't talk about others and cut other women down. Cynthia and Kandi are Southern Belles.

October 29, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  13. tchocolate.me

I think the housewives of atlanta want attention. Except for kandi, she seems like she is the only sane one in the group. I wish they would bring lisa back on the show she kept it real. Phaedra seems like she wants everyone to know how rich she is. Are you kidding me!!!! Lets keep it real ladies!!!!

October 27, 2010 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  14. my2sons00

I am pretty sure that the show will be coming to an end shortly. All of these Frankensteins are sorry except for Candy and Cynthia. Phaedra is fooling nobody but herself when she says that she is a Southern Belle. I have never seen such trash from one person in my life. If she has all of the money she claims she has, why not get a stylist and make-up artist? With all of the colorful clothes and make-up she wears, she could be a clown for the Universal Soul Circus. I wonder what being on this show is doing for her career. If she WAS my attorney, I would find another one because how can you take her serious with anything, especially the law. She had the nerve to insult Cynthia and her fiancee with that "clean man" foolishness???? Apollo is far from "clean". I can give the man credit though because he is not taking part in his wife's fiascos. Does anyone else, other than me, think that their marriage is something waiting to kill over in divorce? You can tell that Apollo thinks she is full of manure.

October 27, 2010 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  15. tobey

Honey, I agree with your article. Bravo, please put Lisa back, she has more class than that Phaedra. I was shocked when shesaid she would hit her child if the child looked at her funny. How old is she, she sounds like she came from the dark ages.

October 27, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  16. SF Fan

Not sure where everyone is getting that Phaedra was from the hood...I thought she maybe it clear she came from some money...I could be wrong. The best part of the episode was when Kim first spotted the ballerinas! Phaedra is totes ridic, but I am loving Cynthia!!

October 27, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Marty

This show is a hot mess! I was going to stop watching but when they said they were adding other housewives, I wanted to see what dynamics they would bring to the show. Cynthia seems sane. I think her and Kandi will be my favorites. NeNe is miss Hollywood, with all her fakeness. And I see she is still ghetto fabulous! And Fakedra, she has taken this all to a new level! Is it in the water in Athens? LoL

October 27, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  18. Cesa

I feel so sad when I look at the buffoons on the Housewives of Atlanta. I know they need the small amount of change Bravo throws at them and they dance for it while we laugh at them. Poor disgusting NeNe. She will do anything or say anything for ratings, even if it belittles her and family for she has nothing if the show is canceled. Dear, Phaedra. You can tell a lot about a woman by her speech and her actions. Such a clown and who would want her to be their attorney now? Dwight antics are par for him. You can tell he just like the other needs the limelight and money. The saving grace is Kandi. I have had enough of this Amos and Andy program. I will not watch anymore.

October 27, 2010 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  19. JT

She is so GHETTO i agree that TJ MAX dress and those cheap shoes ..fake jewelry...that probably her auntie acting as her maid ...It reeks of low self esteem ... And her southern belle " gone with the wind "the wind is more like bad gas ! Or gone with the wine is more like it !

October 27, 2010 at 1:41 am | Report abuse |
  20. Not buying this

Phaedra strikes me as a lo class woman ,trying to appear wealthy.That drug store make up... rhinestone eyelashes .. so tacky..this was a perfect example of how she 's rich people .. Truly wealthy operate in the background..you don't usually know they are wealthy .She is a in your face person ...think about it .. wearing that broke ass jewelry and that dress TJ MAX...Sorry bu your so last year !

October 27, 2010 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
  21. Debi Osborne

Fakedra's baby shower had nothing to do with a baby. It was all about Phaedra. She should've married herself. What does dancing with a gay guy have to do with having a baby? Rosebuds in her hair, rhinestone eyeliner, it was way tooo much. Etiquette books say that shower are to be given by friends, ot one's self. Southern belle my eye!

October 26, 2010 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  22. D

All the women are ghetto except candi. They should cancel the show.

October 26, 2010 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  23. TC

Phaedra is clearly delusional. But every show in this franchise needs a villian and I guess she's it, I just hope she can withstand the backlash–people are reacting with viciousness and it's well deserved.

Honestly the things that come out of this woman's mouth are truly UNinspired, ignorant, classless and EXTREMELY childish. She may just be playing for the cameras–but this is a bad look, personally and professionally.

October 26, 2010 at 7:07 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Jay

Phaedra is ridiculous. She sits there and puts her ex con husband down for growing up in a white household and he has no class and like potted meats and such (yes she said this). Now you know if a white girl said that – the media would have had a field day calling them racist amongst other things... Love me some Kandi- she's the only real one on the show. As much as I have a love hate relationship with NeNe, she said it best "Phaedra's an atty here in town, married to an ex con" she does call it like it is. I live in Atlanta and I can tell you that these women do not represent Atlanta's housewives and many people are a gape at some of the stuff they do. The Real Housewives Franchise just wants cat fighting women for all of their shows. They could do so much more if they tried.

October 26, 2010 at 6:01 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Mich148

oops...I am the fruitcake spelling Housewif instead of Housewives..sry

October 26, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Mich148

I think the entire Housewifes of Atlanta show should just be canceled. As of last night I will no longer watch the Atlanta housewifes. They are all fruitcakes except for Candi..she is the only decent one.

October 26, 2010 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  27. karen raley

Please..make-up, tell her how that eyeshadow is awful on her. Minus the career, hair pieces, over the top everything, and all her fakeness she might be fixable.

October 26, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  28. tee

Fakedra is the most fakest beeotch i have ever seen in my life. That damn baby shower was the most ghetto fabulous event i have ever witnessed, in person or on tv....with all that money she need to get a mouth reduction and dont mean for the things that come out of it, i mean for the actual size. She literally has a big azz mouth... mrs. farfenheffer lips

October 26, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  29. jasmine

Phaedra is an embarrassment. I agree with SistahFromTX, if you are in a marriage for the right reasons your response would be what Appollo said. She is clearly materialistic and doesn't know the definition of love or marriage. I doubt their relationship will last because I can already tell that Apollo is tired of her b.s. Instead of marrying Apollo she should have married herself because thats all she wants and thats all she thinks about. It's Phaedra's world and we are just living in it. On another note her hair was so tacky just like the baby sower.

October 26, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  30. anonymous

All I can say is that it's sad when you are ignorant and don't have enough sense to know it. Phaedra is beyond ridiculous!

October 26, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Pamela

Phaedra is a pitiful joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 26, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  32. SistahFromTX

I could not believe Phaedra's fakeness. Over the top is a very big understatement. I was very annoyed on the last episode when the couple that is counseling Phaedra and Apollo asked what they would like the most from one another. Apollo's response was one that you'd expect from someone that wanted a real marriage and that was "Quality Time". All she could think of was gifts and for him to talk to her sylist for ideas. Now that is a bit much. If you spend some quality time with the man he'll be able to know your likes and dislikes. Well we all know that Phaedra loves her some Phaedra. It's always been okay to toot your own horn but you don't have to lay on it. Goodness. She is starving for the limelight.............MESS all around

October 26, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • SC GIRL

LETS SEE HOW LONG THEY STAY TOGERTHER (APOLLO AND PHAEDRA) THEN AGAIN HE MIGHT BE WITH HER BECAUSE OF THE MONEY. BUT THEN I MIGHT HAVE TO TAKE ONE FOR THE TEAM,

October 28, 2010 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
  33. Nicole

Last night's episode was a hot mess at the least. I've never seen so much fake and phoniess in my life!!!! Phaedra is "hood rich" and she need to be checked. What kills me is that she act like she's high society and her husband is struggling to use proper english. In his defense, he realize that his wife is a train wreck waiting to happen and he doesn't want any part of it. Dwight looks like a darn fool. He will latch on to anyone that give him the time of day. I was glad that NeNe confronted him but I wish that she had done it like a lady. Now for her, she is so Hollywood. She clearly treats the younger son like the beautiful swan and the other like Quasimoto. Just a mess!!!!!

October 26, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Q

Oh this show was a sheer, delectable dessert! I agree Phaedra(aka "Fakedra") is not easy to "warm" up to but she is indeed what a good reality show needs: someone you like to hate. She is beyond over-the-top! Last night's bourghetto show was a wonderful slice of chocolate cake before bed! And yes, I am beginning to like Cynthia; I loved her impressions of "Fakedra's" biggest fan; Fakedra. I mean, my mother always told me " mighty poor dog that doesn't wag its own tail." BUT Fakedra is too much, and I'm loving the show!

October 26, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Linda

Stupid is all i can say ....never seen a baby shower like that .

October 26, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  36. TheAnonymous1

What I want to know is how did Dwight get caught up with Phaedera in the first place? Did he know her previously? It seems like since she came on the scene, he don't even talk to NeNe that much and they were closefriends (yes, I typed it all together on purpose to illustrate my point LOL) in the first few seasons, and except for NeNes apology, they haven't shared a scene together, just the two of them.

October 26, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • A

Phaedra is Dwight's attorney, and apparently only real friend on the show.

October 27, 2010 at 1:50 am | Report abuse |
  37. your peach

yes.. FAKEDRA- CLASSIC example of someone that came from nothing.. got a LIL something.. dunno what to do with it or how to handle it... and allows it to get to their big ole heads. ! Lets put her with the housewives of Beverly Hills and see how she makes out..Those women would put her to shame and send her behind back to the valley! LOL

October 26, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Bill

You can take a ho out of the ghetto...

But you can't take the ghetto out of the ho.

October 26, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  39. G

"It made Phaedra look like an elementary school in July (no class)."
    –Hahahha! I'm going to use that one!
    Also, NeNe has said on Watch What Happens Live that her and Phaedra do not know each other and that it was just another one of Phaedra's lies.

October 26, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Susan

I totally agree with you Phaedra is just way to phony and I am so sick of her talking like she is God's gift to the world. That shower was the worst and you had to laugh looking at the other housewives faces and they watched that clown show. Phaedra did say that her and NeNe grown up to in the same town but NeNE made a point to say that she does not know Phaedra and that they are not friends.

October 26, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |