Mark Wahlberg to share screen time with teddy bear
October 26th, 2010

Mark Wahlberg to share screen time with teddy bear

If you thought Mark Wahlberg's "The Other Guys" co-star Will Ferrell was quirky, just wait till you see "Ted," an upcoming comedy in which Wahlberg, 39, shares the screen with a teddy bear come to life.

Deadline.com reports that "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane will make his directorial debut with the flick, which tells the story of a Boston man (Wahlberg) who, as a boy, wishes that his teddy bear could become real. It does, and the duo remain best friends throughout adulthood. Unfortunately, the bear grows up to be a carousing slacker who wreaks havoc on Wahlberg's personal and love life.

According to Deadline.com, the bad-boy bear will be computer generated, with 37-year-old MacFarlane – who portrays Peter, Brian and Stewie Griffin on "Family Guy" – lending his voice to the character.

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • movies

1. anna

Wahlberg doesn't work for me at all...MacFarlane should have done both parts co-starring Mila Kunis. wahlberg looks too old for this part plus he's not funny.....If mila is in it i'll see it anyway cause we know her and the teddy bear will be funny..

October 31, 2010 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Angie

I don't care what he does, as long as he takes his shirt off in all his movies.

October 27, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Collin

Sounds about as funny as all of MacFarlane other stuff soooo not at all funny. How this hack gets so much work is beyond understanding, yet again just look at Seth's average fans age and intelligence.

October 27, 2010 at 1:18 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Bebop

It says .. "Ted," an upcoming comedy in which Wahlberg, 39, shares the screen with a teddy bear come to life.

This has already been done.....Barney?

October 27, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  5. QUAY

PEDOBEAR!

October 27, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Jeff

This is the guy who wants to do and star in the Crow remake,LOL.

October 27, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  7. Mamaconn

Mark, you're hot you've always been hot and will always be hot!

October 27, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  8. Porkpimple

This is the DUMBEST thing I have ever heard. Can you say BOMB???

October 27, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  9. sofaking?

man he's looking old. my husband is older and doesn't look that old!

October 27, 2010 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  10. murph

Seth macfarlane is one cool ass dude...so creative...he's going to have a homerun with this, that i'm sure

October 27, 2010 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
    • C

Yeah, if basicly copying The Simpsons with 3 nearly identical shows is creative.

October 27, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  11. ?

This is the best the manatees could come up with?

October 27, 2010 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Elle

HA!!! That is awesome.......maybe someone took an idea ball and this is the backlash

October 27, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  12. kdog

I've already seen this movie. It was called Drop Dead Fred. It sucked too.

October 27, 2010 at 9:04 am | Report abuse |
  13. smore

I love Family Guy and Seth is the heart of it!!! Don't like WF but hope to see MW in that kind of role. That movie should be fun as hell!!!! Especially if the Teddy bear sounds and thinks like Stewie Griffin

October 27, 2010 at 1:32 am | Report abuse |
  14. WhiteKong78

Considering I haven't disliked anything by Seth MacFarlane or Wahlberg it will probably be a good movie. I agree with everyone who doesn't like Will Ferrell. I loved Old School and some of Will's SNL stuff but he essentially plays himself in every movie and that gets old.

October 27, 2010 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  15. My Name is Mud

@Mr. MacFarlane... Why not make Family Guy into a movie as your directorial debut?

October 27, 2010 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
  16. LOL on yall

That movie sounds good...can't wait to see that

October 26, 2010 at 11:03 pm | Report abuse |
  17. m

Wasnt it a tv show like this?

October 26, 2010 at 10:37 pm | Report abuse |
  18. me

I totally thought about Drop Dead Fred too when i read this article! I love that movie.

October 26, 2010 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
  19. TD Sims

As long as McFarlane is allowed to spread his wings into "R" rated territory will I sign up. Kind of sounds like a modern take on "Harvey."

October 26, 2010 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  20. sin

i dont care what he does as long as we get to see him hug his teddy butt naked!!! love ya Mark!

October 26, 2010 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  21. nat

Love Mark Wahlberg...He is so hot!! but would perfer to see him in action or drama..a good comedy is a rare thing...

October 26, 2010 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Turchino

MW was great in The Departed too. However, I would love to see him in a SM sarcastic comedy. It sounds fun and original, so why not give it a shot?

October 26, 2010 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Brett

Drop Dead Ted...dy bear anyone?

October 26, 2010 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Rob

This story has got to be funny

October 26, 2010 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
  25. khocolatemoose

Oh my, why is Wahlberg making flicks with Will Ferrell and a computer animated teddy bear? Look, if comedy is your love, then I mean no disrespect, but Wahlberg is designed for action films like Shooter, Four Brothers, Corrupter, etc. Those were all great flicks, but recently he's been trying to "stretch" himself as an actor. Why? What's so wrong with being pigeon-holed? Anyway, I'm sure the film will be entertaining, it's just that nothing will explode. That makes me sad.

Feel free to add to the conversation about action films at http://khocolatemoose.wordpress.com/

I'd love to hear what you have to say, and often.

Best,

KM

October 26, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Conrad23Pretzel

Really? Have you not seen him on SNL, did you not see him with Will Ferrell promoting the film at the MTV movie awards? The guy has great comedic timing and is actually funny as hell. I mean is there really a reason why someone would want to be pigeon holed. Wouldn't someone want to grow as an actor. I applaud him on his move to comedy and look forward to seeing how much this wonderful man can make me laugh.

October 26, 2010 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • An Adult with Taste

Mark can be very funny. Too bad Will Ferrell isn't, except to children in Elementary School. I really like Mark's movies but I will not watch anything with Will Ferrell in it. Sorry Mark.

October 27, 2010 at 12:29 am | Report abuse |
  26. steve

Huh, Gee.. Any chance for a toy merchandise crossover??.. Push the bear's paw and hear him fart or in this case.. Beltch and insult your love life. Wacky fun.. I'll stack it next to my Pee Wee Herman and Vern Troyer Mini Me figures.. I can see the bear and Wahlberg having sort of a "Brian and Peter" relationship. Sounds more like a cartoon pitch.

October 26, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  27. steve

October 26, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
  28. mother

say hi to your mother for me!

October 26, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • BDP

"Hey bear your all furry, whats that all about? I was in Boogie Nights, Say hi to your mother for me."

October 27, 2010 at 6:06 am | Report abuse |
  29. James

Sounds like a funny movie, If it has the same humor as family guy.

October 26, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |