Happy Marty McFly Day!
October 26th, 2010

Happy Marty McFly Day!

25 years ago today, Marty McFly took that fateful journey back to 1955 in "Back to the Future."

And it turns out stories like this aren't the only things commemorating the making of that modern classic and its two sequels, as the "Back to the Future: 25th Anniversary Trilogy" arrives on DVD – and for the first time, Blu-Ray – today.

The collection boasts all of the bonus features from the previous releases, including the 1985 and 2002 "making of" documentaries, footage from the dearly departed "Back to the Future: The Ride," Huey Lewis & the News music videos and deleted scenes galore.

But what is new about today's release is what makes it the most extraordinary collection yet, rivaling previously released "Star Wars" and "Lord of the Rings" sets. The six-part "Tales from the Future" contains interviews with many of the key players in the creation of the entire trilogy.

Among the many revelations: The movie was almost called "Spaceman from Pluto"; Michael J. Fox admits that – due to exhaustion from working on "Future" and "Family Ties" – he didn't always follow the story 100 percent of the time and had to place complete trust in director Robert Zemeckis that it would come together; Fox's championing of Crispin Glover, despite his eccentricities on- and off-camera; the wildly successful test screening which led to Universal pushing for a July release; and a few precious seconds of the never-before-seen Eric Stoltz footage.

Another included item that's never been seen before are the storyboards for the movie's original ending, involving the Delorean driving onto a nuclear test site.

Then there's the original "Future" itself, which (pardon the pun) still stands the test of time. Even the 1980s references, which would date most other movies, are actually a plus here. As for the sequels (which were not remotely in the producers' minds while making the first movie), "Part II" can be admired for its sheer audacity, if not for its excesses, while "Part III" works all by itself as a modern Western, even if it's the least memorable of the three.

What's your favorite memory of the trilogy? Share your comment below. And however you celebrate Marty McFly Day, here's hoping you have 1.21 "jigowatts" worth of fun doing it.

1. icon design

Absolutely with you it agree. In it something is and it is good idea. It is ready to support you.

P.S. Please review our icons for Windows and windows12icons.

September 14, 2012 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Mayzhuu Aubuchonv

I would also love to add when you do not already have got an insurance policy or perhaps you do not belong to any group insurance, you might well make use of seeking assistance from a health insurance broker. Self-employed or people having medical conditions normally seek the help of an health insurance agent. Thanks for your text.

July 10, 2012 at 2:20 am | Report abuse |
  3. Issar79

"So you're my Uncle Joey. Better get used to these bars, kid."...LOL

October 27, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Jenny McFly

It's a very interesting story future boy, but there's just one little thing that doesn't make sense....if the me of the future is now in the past.....how could you possibly know about it???
    You sent me a letter!

October 26, 2010 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Doc

My kids and I are always quoting from this movie. Always good for a laugh "hooo boy! – Look at it roll!!"

October 26, 2010 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  6. okerry

"Geez, dad, it's a wonder I was even born!"

October 26, 2010 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  7. OZ FZ

Marty's sister: Yeah mom, we know. You've told us this story a million times. You felt sorry for him, so you decided to go to the FISH under the sea dance.
    Lorraine: No, no, it was the enchantment under the sea dance.

October 26, 2010 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  8. John Rennie

The Libyans!

October 26, 2010 at 6:03 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Captbeefheart

We had one of those "flux capacitor" coffee grinders shown on the flying DeLorean at the end of the first movie. I never could harness the energy from it beyond grinding coffee.

October 26, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Insp67

I loved the song, " Mr. Sandman" when Marty realizes he's in 1955, and Marty looks so awestruck, and everything is so clean compared to what it looks like in 1985. Biff is the perfect "villian". George is the perfect geek dad, These movies bring back memories. of the 80s for me. I was 17 when the first one came out. That would be so cool if my High School was in a movie, and it was a classic. I'm jealous. Time travel has always interested me. I guess beacause we all have 20/20 hindsight, but can't go back and change anything. I think there is some psychology going on here.

October 26, 2010 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Dan the Man

"What's a re-run?"

October 26, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Dan the Man

"It's Calvin Klein!"

October 26, 2010 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Dan the Man

"Hello, Chuck? This is your cousin Marvin. Marvin Berry!"

October 26, 2010 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Third_Island

They found me. I don't know how...but they found me.

October 26, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Tiff

"Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here"... ...."its leave (smack on the head) its make like a tree and leave.. you sound like a damn fool when you say it like that"

Conversation between Old Biff and Young Biff in part 2

October 26, 2010 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Rev

On the morning of October 26, 1985, Doc Brown arrives from the future and tells Marty McFly and his girlfriend, Jennifer Parker, that he needs their help to save their future children

October 26, 2010 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Deborah

I love all three of the films. My kids grew up on those movies and knew the dialogue. They still talk about "Back to the Future" even in their late 2os and 30s. I dearly love George and Doc, but not as much as Marty. I can't wait until my Grandchildren are old enough to watch all 3 with me!

October 26, 2010 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Julie

My family and I always make fun of the Back to the Future movies, quoting many memorable lines. Our favorite is, "88 miles per hour!"

October 26, 2010 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Ben

I loved this movie when it came out, and my two teenagers loved it. I finally bought a used video cassette when my second son was two. I brought it home, and told him we were going to interrupt his 300th viewing of a kid's video. When the truck opened up, he pointed to "The car!!!". He gave up the other video and watched it again and again. A few months later, another kid bragged to him that he had seen it 3 times. I told the kid that wasn't going to impress my son. He still loves it. We went to Universal when he was 5 and went on the ride twice. He taped the cartoons.
    I think I know more about those three movies than any movies I ever saw. MJF and Christopher Lloyd were TV actors when the first one came out. My wife and I often quote lines or adapt them to our conversation. What a great concept, seeing your parents when they were your age!
    I noticed that in Roger Rabbit, Zemeckis has an interrupted kiss, and a train runs over the Dip machine at the end.

October 26, 2010 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ben

Forgot to mention. The teenagers would ask my son at 3, what makes time travel possible. He would answer, "The flux capacitor", except the couldn't pronounce the "l" in flux. I have the identical Seth Thomas ship's clock that Doc was trying to hang in the bathroom. They show it in II. The clocks are not that uncommon, but the only other one I ever saw was on a friend's 50-foot "ship".

October 26, 2010 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Tim

Doc Brown:
    "You're just not thinking fouth-dimensionally!"

October 26, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  21. P SoL

though they are allllll fantastic, in BTTF #3 first I heard the music and then all of a sudden ZZ Top turns around at the picnic doing music!! All 8 of us laughed till we almost cried.......so cool

October 26, 2010 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  22. T-2000

Hey Luke,(Luke's comment was made at precisely 4:12 pm ET) the "Asian Henchman" with the laugh from part 2 is the late great Brandon Lee. RIP

October 26, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  23. PDXSerric

No one's used "I've never seen purple underwear before." yet?

October 26, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  24. MartyMcFly

Marty: Whoa, whoa..Doc...are you trying to tell me...that my mother has got the hots for me?
    Doc: precisely!!
    Marty: whoa this is heavy
    Doc: Weight has nothing to do with it

October 26, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  25. PDXSerric

Seems to me there has been a LOT of fuss over this trilogy as of late. Don't get me wrong; I love the movies (the third one in particular) but something is beginning reek of 'remake' to me.... or, as Hollywood calls it now, a 're-imagining'.

For a laugh, if you haven't already done so, head over to youtube and check out 'Brokeback to the Future". It's LOL-able!

October 26, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  26. JohnP

Filmed at Whittier High School – go Cardinals
    The license plate on the DeLorean – OUTATIME

October 26, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  27. T-2000

Does anybody remember that Elijah Wood was in part 2? He was one of the kids playing the video game at Cafe 80's. "You have to use your hands?! That's for babies!" Also Brandon Lee (Bruce Lee's son) was in part 2.

October 26, 2010 at 4:43 pm | Report abuse |
  28. brat

Why don't all you people, make like a tree and get outta here. :0)

October 26, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Tikky

"What the hell is a Jigawatt???"

October 26, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  30. T-2000

After the second movie came out Robert Zemeckis gave an interview where he said that hover boards are real and that Hasbro makes them. Hasbro got flooded with calls from people all over the country. They got so many calls that Zemeckis had to explain that he was just joking.

October 26, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Nick

In 2007 I was having a fireplace built in my new house and asked the brick layers what was that thing in the back of the firebox. One of the brick layers (the company owner and a buddy did the firebox, regular laborers did the rest of it) said it was the flux capacitor. I told him that if my fireplace it 88 mph and some serious sh!t happened, I was gonna be p!ssed. It was a vent to let in fresh air, didn't know they did that at the time. Great movies! And to boot, today is my birthday, along with Uncle Fester!!!

October 26, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  32. TPQ

Something to notice next time you watch Part 3 is everytime the camera shot comes back to Biff.....listen closely and you'll hear a swarm of flies buzzing....indicating the stink about him!.................just classic stuff!!!

October 26, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Nick

When Marty thanks Doc for helping him and Doc says "Thank you!!" and Marty hugs him, that's a touching moment

October 26, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Luke

Hey McFly, you bozo, those boards don't work on water, unless you've got power....hahahaha (This was from Part II, said by one of Griff Tannen's henchmen, the "hahahahah" was from the Asian henchman, and was really high pitched....I thought thats what made it hilarious!!!

October 26, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  35. aakunji@aol.com

I was a 90s Kid but when I first saw Back to the Future the way Marty was speeding around the Mall escaping from the Lib and Cranking that car to 88 mph that $H!T blew my mind.

October 26, 2010 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Holly Golightly

"Get the hell outta my car, old man! McFly, you Irish bug." (or is it 'bum'? I can never tell!) Btw, I love that part where Doc burns up the town model and screams, too! :)

October 26, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Jake

No one has used this one???
    "Look. There's a rhythmic ceremonial ritual coming up."
    Of course, the Enchantment Under the Sea Dance!

October 26, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Robert Senior

"Let's do something that really cooks." "Something that, that cooks. . ."

October 26, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  39. JohnP

Filmed at my high school – Whittier; just back from a 50th reunion –
    made the movie all the more enjoyable for me. The movie poster is my
    university lab.

"Do you know what this means? This thing doesn't work worth a damn" – Doc

October 26, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  40. allison

My husband saw the back-to-the future car on the highway this morning on his way to work. He took a pic. Pretty cool!

October 26, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Lauren

I taught English in China in 2008. My students (university level) had never even HEARD of this movie. I showed it because we were doing a unit comparing past/present/future. What better movie could there be to illustrate?!? A new generation and culture of fans was born! :)

October 26, 2010 at 3:54 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Issar79

I was 13 when I got the bright idea that I would ramp up all of my parents stero equipment settings and pause the VCR just before the pic hits the chord…my pulse is raising just remember what happened…I pressed play and the loudest explosion I’ve ever heard blasted through two dual 12in 4foot speakerboxes as my heart leapt out of my chest. I had to stop the video and open all the windows, praying that the burnt speaker smell would disipate before my parents came home.

October 26, 2010 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Dr. Rock

Why don't you make like a tree and get out of here!

October 26, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Hannah Lee

"What Lorraine? What?"

October 26, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Laura

Eat lead, slackers!

October 26, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Count Biffula

All these comment so far, and no mention of Lea Thompson's hotness? She was mad ripe in this movie! George, Biff, Doc, the brother from Wonder years, even Marty, they all wanted her. Everyone wanted her. I wanted her.

October 26, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • brat

take a good look at the picture at the top of this article. She is still HOT! Even hotter than 1985. Ya Baby!

October 26, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • brat

Mary Steenbergen is lookin' pretty hot too! Double Ya Baby!

October 26, 2010 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  47. JT

i'm Clint Eastwood!

October 26, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Johnboy

So many quotable lines. I use quotes from these movies every day and my kids use them now too.

He's an idiot. Comes from upbringing. His parents are probably idiot's too....
    I painted a white line on the street waaaaaayyyyyy over there.....
    You thought wrong, Dude.....

October 26, 2010 at 3:38 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Jorge

The biggest memory I have from this movie is the moment when the lead sing of the Starlighters calls his cousin. "Chuck, Chuck. It's your cousin. Your cousin, Marvin Berry" LOL that was great!!!

October 26, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Hannah

I'm sixteen, and these are my absolute favorite movie. Happy Marty Mcfly day. <3

October 26, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Jeremy

Marty: " What about all that talk about screwing up future events? The space-time continuum? "

Doc Brown: "Well I figured what the hell!"

The most under-rated movie triology in film history! Not a bad film in the series...loved all 3 of them !

October 26, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  52. patNY

Did you all know that the actress who played Marty's sister died a couple years ago? Yep! Where's all your sympathies for her? She was the best part of the entire trilogy!

October 26, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  53. patNY

Ok future boy, who's president in 1985?
    Ronald Reagan.
    Ronald Reagan the Actor?!?!?!
    -Priceless, and we did pay the price from January 1981 to January 1989, and today's problems stem from the worst president ever...Reagan the Actor.

October 26, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  54. patNY

Waiting for the remake in 3D.

October 26, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Golly

The amplifier that Michael J Fox blows up at the beginning is labeled as being a CRM-114. This is a reference to Dr. Strangelove, in which the B-52 crews receive their orders over a CRM-114. It was also the serial number of the Jupiter explorer in 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) also directed by Stanley Kubrick.

October 26, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Gare

i still say ..

i LIKE THE SOUND OF THAT ... (mayor goldie line)

October 26, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  57. steve

My favorite part is when Marty escapes in the DeLorean at the end of the 1st movie. Doc gazes in amazement at his newly accomplished feat, having sent young McFly back to the future. It's when Marty comes sprinting back just seconds after he left. "I sent you to the future!" Exclaims doc. "I'm back, doc! Back from the future!"

October 26, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  58. herlitzer

A Fine Job Marty McFly !!! – You're Awsome Michael !

Two of my favorites from Doc Brown...

Then tell me, "Future Boy"

and...

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits eighty-eight miles per hour... you're gonna see some serious s#!+

October 26, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Suz

Where do you even begin to find a favorite moment in such a classic! Never did care for any of the sequels – in my mind, the first was the finest. :)

October 26, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Rainier

Cubs win World Series. Against Miami?

October 26, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Tela

Mom, you sure know how to hydrate a pizza!

October 26, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  62. JBH

McFly, you bojo!!! Those boards don't work on water... unless you got power. Bawhahahawha.

October 26, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  63. hilary

You are my density....

best "bungled pick-up line" ever

October 26, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Talora

I found the VHS tapes at a locally library last week for 1$ a piece. I have 7 children and we watched them. My 9 year old got up and cheered when George McFly hit Biff in the face and said " No Biff" . We did not realize that October 26th was so close and found that completely endearing. The kids get to laugh at the 80's gear as much as they do the 50's and futuristic gear. Other than the hovercars in 2015 which we chuckled at.... the movie was amazing, endearing, and I had forgotton many details. Anyone would enjoy watching these again. There are cluses througout that you can catch over and over . My favorite part is when he crashes into the barn in the past, with the radioactive suit on , and Mr Peabody thinks he is an alien!.

October 26, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  65. GEORGE BREHMAN

My favorite scene is when Marty is shocked/awed by the service provided at a gas station in the past. It was really like that and I laughed out loud when I saw that. I'm 83 and remember full service gas stations fondly.

October 26, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Eloi

YOU'RE FIRED!

October 26, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  67. mario

Don't worry. As long as you hit that wire with the connecting hook at precisely 88mph the instant the lightning strikes the tower... everything will be fine.

October 26, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Turbokat

I took my two boys to see the first BTTF in the Summer of '86. They were 13 and 16 then. At the time, I marveled at how well the '50's were re-created. Nowadays, my sons watch it and wax nostalgic for the '80's. The movie never gets old to any of us!

October 26, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Jdog

WRONG ANSWER MCFLY!!!

October 26, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  70. WMM

Didn't back to the future open on July 3rd, 1985? How does that make today Back to the Future day? I'm just sayin'...

October 26, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • brat

Today is the 25th annversary of the famous first trip in the Delorean. That's the date that Doc and Marty were shooting for to send marty BACK TO THE FUTURE!

October 26, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Bob

As a special mention to my previous post,
    the icing on the cake was none-other than my fav band
    Huey Lewis and the News,
    The perfect soundtracks for the perfect movie!

October 26, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Aca

This movie is why I started skateboarding! The movie line was so pure, you just got lost in it. Nowadays the movie line is so distorted and convuluted you can hardly understand what they're trying to get at. Also this movie had so many lines that people wanted to say in everday life. To this day I still say "MCFLY!" Of all the movies that come out now, there are hardly any where you care to remember them later on, like even a month or two. This movie was so well done, and the theme music was perfect with Huey Lewis!

October 26, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Jeffo

My favorite exchange:
    part II
    Young Biff: "why don't you make like a tree, and get out here"
    Old Biff :"LEAVE... its make like a tree and leave, you sound like an idiot when you say it that way"
    and
    Old biff "You have a safe?..of course you don't.. get a safe"

October 26, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Melissa

My husband's birthday is on October 26th and my birthday is on November 5th, so we like to say this is "our" movie. Loved all three parts of this story!

October 26, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  75. T

Part II. Biased opinion, though. I was 8 y.o. and sat in front of my aunt's house as they kept the streets wet and filmed the scenes in the McFlys' future neighborhood (in El Monte, CA, of all places). It's where I developed my crush on MJF...he walked right in front of me in his "life preserver"!

October 26, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Bob

When i first heard C.Lloyd and M.J.Fox were both in the movie,i started to chuckle.
    "This is gonna be great !!" i thought. The other actors were superb,but what caught me eye was the
    skills of Thomas Wilson, what a great addition ! He was brilliant as the "bad guy"and i seriously doubt anyone could
    have done better.I had wondered for years when a great "time travel" movie would come out that was more set in modern times and entertaining in humor,than previous movies.
    I have the VHS and DVDs,but now Blu-Ray is my next step.
    Without a doubt,BTTF is the very best,and i've watched it over and over a couple million times
    and still never tire of it.

October 26, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  77. roger

A "Gigawatt" is 1000 Megawatts. Also, if you remember, Doc Brown originally plannedto go 25 years into the future(I.E.now). I wonder how much"Goldie" Wilson would have floored his boss @ the diner w/ the information that there would be a "colored" U.S. PRESIDENT in 2010,let alone him be mayor in 1985. Now if only we had M. Fusion...

October 26, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  78. BTTF Girlie Fan

I LUV this movie! One of my favorite lines: “Then tell me future boy, who’s President of the United States in 1985? Ronald Reagan? The actor? Then who’s Vice President? Jerry Lewis? I suppose Jane Wyman is the First Lady, and Jack Benny is Secretary of the Treasury!” I’ve had the pleasure of meeting Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson, Tom Wilson, and Jeffery Wiseman and they’re all fantastic!!!

October 26, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Ford

Weren't part 2 and 3 sequels filmed at the same time? And weren't they the first to do that? I recall it being in the news at the time.

October 26, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tim

Nah...they filmed Superman: The Movie and Superman II at the same time in the late 70s.

October 26, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bil

No, the first two movies filmed simultaneously were the Three and Four Musketeers movies in 1973. The Salkinds then did the same for Superman I and II a few years later.

October 26, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Esso

Sorry Tim and Bill, you're mistaken. Look it up. It's easy to find.

Like this from Wikipedia:
      "Part II and the third installment of the trilogy, Back to the Future Part III, were filmed back-to-back, with some of the scenes of Part II and Part III filmed concurrently, and released six months apart."

October 26, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ben

II and III were filmed together. That's how II has all the previews from III at the end. The "to be continued..." was a joke in the first one, according to the extra tape/CD from the first release of the trilogy. You can tell that they had no idea where they were going by the fact that Doc changed his reading of "No, you and Jennifer both turn out fine." from I to II. He's lying in the second one. Also, there was no reason to take Jennifer along in II, but they had to because they did at the end of I, so they knocked her out right away.

At the time Superman I was released, people said that Superman I and II were filmed together, but a friend of mine met Christopher Reeve before Superman II came out, and he said they had only filmed parts of the second one with the first. He specifically mentioned that they had to rebuild the Fortress of Solitude (or whatever it was called).

October 26, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Danielle Bowers

AWSOME! I LOVE BACK TO THE FUTURE! HAPPY MARTY MCFLY DAY EVERYBODY!

October 26, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  81. George K

"make like a tree.. and get outta here.." LOL

October 26, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Chuck

"That's heavy, Doc!" "Why is everything so heavy in the future??...Is there a problem with the earth's gravitational pull??"

October 26, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  83. George K

Thanx Michael for making a movie that has me stunned every time its on the screen , can't remember how many times i've seen this since i was a kid but they never get old! "alright butt-heads" get back to work :P

October 26, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Scott

I absolutely love Alan Silvestri's score of the trilogy. It never gets enough mention.

October 26, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Tiffany

"What? Lorraine, what?".

October 26, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Butch

I still want a Mr. Fusion for Christmas! I keep hoping Santa will leave one under my tree, but he never does :)

October 26, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Chris

Even after 25 years, these are still new things I'm discovering. I can't believe I never noticed it before until someone pointed it out to me this year, but before Marty goes back in time, it's the Twin Pines Mall, then he runs over a pine tree while escaping from the people whose barn he crashes into and when he gets back, it's the Lone Pine Mall. I must have seen the movie 20 times and I can't believe I missed that.

October 26, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Arthuro

My birthday: Nov 5 (1966)

October 26, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  89. whatshisface

Crispin Glover was not George McFly in Part II. I wish we'd have seen more of Jennifer in Parts II and III....she was great!

October 26, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Eaka

I love this movie so much. One of my fav movies all time.

October 26, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Eloi

We may not have flying cars in 5 years, but we may have driverless cars thanks to Google. "She's one in a million...one in a billion...one in a googleplex!"

October 26, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Mary

My house uses water from a well sunk 150 ft.down. It's cold and clear and tastes great. Every time I fill a pitcher I flash to the scene in BTTF 3 where Marty is sitting at his G-Grandparents table and is served a glass of the most foul looking swamp water imaginable.
    My favorite line would have to be in #1 where Doc asks Marty who the President is in 1985. "Ronald Regan". 'THE ACTOR!?! And I suppose Jane Wyman is First Lady? And Jack Benny is Secretary of the Treasury!" Then flash forward to Doc seeing the video cam and saying "No wonder your President's an actor. He has to look good on television".

October 26, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Karen rachel

Great Scott!!!

October 26, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
  94. rdc

1.21 JIGAWATTS?!

October 26, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  95. Greg

oh yeah...and we are supposed to have flying cars and hoverboards in five years from now...not gonna happen.

October 26, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Greg

I always thought the 1st was the best, then the 3rd, then the 2nd. To me, the second was just a rehash of the first with some extra thown in. I find it so odd that the article make it sound as if the second was better than the 3rd, which I don't know many that think that.

October 26, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  97. ConradJohnson

Great Scott!! The Delorian is for sale!!

1.21 Giggawatts!!

October 26, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Sergio

This movie is one of my favorites. I was 15 when it came out and part 1 and 2 were filmed at my school, Whittier High School in the city of Whittier Calif. The movie reflected the life in that city where I grew up and skate boarding got big after that. Every time I watch it brings back so many memories that the actors, directors and producers can't even imagine. My kids
    have seen it recently and love it as well.

October 26, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  99. BeerMe123

How many people are still waiting for the Cubs to win the World Series against Miami (which I guess would be Tampa Bay since the Marlins are National League...)?

October 26, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Bil

Love the BTTF series.

About three years ago I was heading east on I-88 towards Chicago when a DeLorean begins to pass me. Seen enough of those cars so it wasn't anything special ... until I realized that it was tricked out to look exactly like the BTTF DeLorean. Kept pace with it for a while. The guy did a great job and even had the "Mr. Fusion" power supply on the back. Too bad I didn't have a camera with me at the time, but was lucky I didn't have a car accident either. My wife, who was with me at the time, thought/still thinks I am nuts.

October 26, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • midwestrngrl

You should check out the latest Entertainment Weekly– the one where casts are reunited; they've got Lea Thompson and Michael J. Fox posing in front of a DeLorean that someone in the Midwest (maybe Iowa– so I-88 would make sense) rebuilt in tribute to the one in the movie, complete with Mr. Fusion. I guess he drove it out to the photo shoot; must have been the car you saw!

October 26, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  101. JimmyJam

Did anyone see the picture above? Marty's moms CANS are FANTASTIC now a days!

October 26, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Mike

George McFly cracking up @ a Honeymooners re-run early in the movie. This noble piece of acting work always got me.
    I worked as an extra in many movies and TV shows where they used the town square from Back/Future on Universal Studios. Everyone always held that special reverence for the big clock tower.

October 26, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
  103. 1jimmyhoffa

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHY THE FIRST MARTY MCFLY GIRLFRIEND WASN'T IN PART 2 AND 3??????

October 26, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • JeffO

according to something I read, she couldn't commit to a second movie because she was taking care of her ill mother

October 26, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jack

Are you talking about Jennifer? If you are, she is in parts 2 and 3.

October 26, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ben

Check out http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0920148/board/nest/494709?d=495312&p=1#495312

Claudia Wells was in I. Elizabeth Shue was in II and III. I guess she had emotional problems.
      I read somewhere that she had a successful clothing line.
      The thing that annoyed me was that they tried to make us believe that Crispin Glover was in II and III, when it was a poor lookalike, so they had him upside down or hidden. But they happily replaced Jennifer with Elizabeth Shue, who was very good, a better actress, but why not just put in a new George? BTW, I also heard Glover say on David Letterman (I think) that he wanted $100K for II, but they wouldn't pay. But he got that when he sued them for using scenes from I in II (at the dance).

October 26, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Pakilegacy

At the dinner table in 1955..."What is a rerun?"

October 26, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  105. John R

I know I'm not the only one to love this stupid moment: When Doc's model car zooms forward, catches fire, and he goes "Hooh!" Christopher Lloyd is hiliarious.

October 26, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rainier

That expression he gives was very funny! My wife and I always crack up during that scene!

October 26, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tikky

LOL! My brother and I used to pause the VCR at the moment so we could crack up at the expression on Doc Brown's face.

October 26, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  106. sundevils95

I loved the cameo by Huey Lewis and he told Marty's band they were too loud.

October 26, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Spendlove

Roads? Where we are going we don't need, roads..

October 26, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  108. we were promosed hover boards

I love this movie...One of the best of the 80's...I'm still wating for my hover board

October 26, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Jeffrey Knight

Favorite movie of all time!

October 26, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  110. VICTORB

The part I remember the most, and stays with me to this moment is the gorgeous Toyota 4×4 truck at the end of the movie, so much the I bought me one, and kept it for almost 10 years.

October 26, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • BKutscher

A lot of blatent product placement in this film. Toyota, Pepsi, JVC Camcorder....

October 26, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Rachel

Biff: That's about as funny as a screen door on a battleship
    Marty: (under his breath) It's a screen door on a submarine, you dork

Me and my sister still do the chocolate milk thing that George McFly does...."milk....chocolate" and the guy slides it down the counter...I LOVE it!!!

October 26, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  112. edgar

I wasn't really fond of II and of III, but from I:
    I....I don't really know what it is...but....when I kiss you....it's like kissing my brother...I guess that doesn't make any sense... No, no...it makes perfect sense....Hey someone's coming....
    Another moment which I found to be memorable was when Marty was trying to explain to Doc what would happen to him on the night that he goes back, and when he calls out Doc's name, but the ringing ("DONG!") of the bells drowns out his pleas...."GO!!!!!!!" Too funny!

October 26, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  113. Jim from the Future

Back in college, I was seeing this girl. After a couple dates I sat her down and looked at her all seriously. I said, "I have to tell you something and I don't know how you're going to react, so I'm a bit nervous." Naturally by this time she was all concerned. Then I looked at her and said, "I'm from the future, in a time machine you built." Classic! She didn't appreciate the humor. I thought it was great!

October 26, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  114. Eloi

Hey all you Cubs fans – you've only got 5 more years to wait before they win the World Series! Loved the flying red 1987 Mustang GT. Can't wait to get the hover conversion done on my '88.

October 26, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Karen

Hello!? McFly??!

October 26, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Bob C.

GREAT SCOTT!!!!

October 26, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  117. 5thofnov

I always thought this was cool that they go back to the 5th of november (my bday) and how seamlessly the trilogy works w/ the 3 parts (particularly the clock tower having such a crucial role in all 3 movies)... great flicks, going back in time only to want to get back to the future, and then the mishap in movie two when old biff steals the time machine, and having to fix that, then going to the wild west...all happening in 1 night/day. It's execution was flawless!

October 26, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  118. Jeff

Nov 5th, 1955 is a Red letter date. That means that on Nov 5th 2010 we will have to party as it will be 55 years since Marty went back the first time..LOL.......

October 26, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Eloi

"That's about as funny as a screen door on a battleship." Loved Crispin in Hot Tub Time Machine, too.

October 26, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  120. Josh Lyman

"Let's see if you b@5t@rds can do 90!"

October 26, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  121. Jay

"When this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious S***!" - Doc Brown

October 26, 2010 at 1:10 pm | Report abuse |
  122. Jeff

Is there a better overall "Trilogy? Really....

October 26, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  123. librarian

During the opening credits of Back to the Future I, one of the clocks is a clock tower with a man hanging from one of the hands of the clock much like Doc does later in the movie. This always made me wonder. Does anyone know anything about it?

October 26, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • bt

librarian, I think what you're referring to is the picture of Harold Lloyd hanging from the clock in 'Safety Last'. And I'm pretty sure that Christopher Lloyd and Harold are related in some way shape of form.

October 26, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • bt

Sorry, I mean the clock is a reference to Harold Lloyd in 'Safety Last'

October 26, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  124. mrsbeard

AAAHHH!! LIBIYANS!!

October 26, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  125. Russ-OKC

Best Movie(s) ever! MJ Fox is a great actor and a great person as well. Rock on Marty!

October 26, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  126. Donna

I watched this a zillion times with my 2 kids when it first came out. We still repeat great lines from the movie that were said by George: "Are, are you okay/" "Did you hit your head?", "You are my density!". And of course, "It's your cousin, Marvin Bery" and one of the overlooked but one of the best – when Huey Lewis says " I'm sorry (kids), you're just too darn loud." My kids and I also had a password that was used if someone other than me was going to pick them up from school – 1.21 jigawatts!"

October 26, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  127. george

wow so many wrong people. come on CNN how bout some fact checking. he didnt go to 2010 he went to 2015!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 26, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  128. mrsbeard

Note that after Marty takes out 1 of Peabody`s pines, the mall is called "Lone Pine Mall" INSTEAD of "TWIN Pines Mall"... cool.

October 26, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  129. Graham K

Hey McFly! I thought I told you never to come in here.. How much money you got on ya?!

Or "Two McFly's with the same gun!"

October 26, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  130. bzss7x

I like how he leaves from Twin Pines Mall, goes back in time, runs over a pine tree, and returns to Lone Pines Mall.

October 26, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  131. chris

you are all wrong.....

the year was 2015 not 2010..

October 26, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  132. js

love the movie! great memories, I will definitely get my kids to watch an enjoy like I did...when ever they are on I still watch them. my wife says I watched the 1million times and I always say...no never seened it before! lol

October 26, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Graham K

October 26, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  134. Boogiemama

They should re-release the whole trilogy in the theaters. That would make for an awesome rainy day at the movies!

October 26, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  135. henry

Say hi to your mom for me!!

October 26, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  136. Wendy

Favorite line: "I'll have a Tab. I can't give you a Tab, you haven't ordered anything! Then I'll have a Pepsi Free. I'm not giving you a free Pepsi!"

October 26, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  137. dwb

I watched it with my 11 year old son last weekend. His first time, my 50 thousandth time! I was pleasantly surprised at how much he enjoyed it! Now we have to watch Parts 2 & 3!

October 26, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
  138. Erin G.

We had Back to the Future II on Beta. I loved watching this movie as a kid. I had to be 5 or 6 and I can't believe my parents let me watch it over and over. I never watched the first one until much later in life... I never realized as a kid all the references to the first movie. I knew Part II by heart. To this day, Back to the Future Part I and II are one of those movies that I can watch everytime it's on TV. I can't wait to go out and buy the Blu Ray DVD. I'm not doing anything today to celebrate Marty McFly day, but for at least 10 years now I plan on having a party on October 21, 2015. I hope they make this big of a deal then as they are now.

October 26, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Sean

Why dont you make like a tree and get outta here!

October 26, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  140. bailoutsos

I saw they used a "flux capacitor" to power Iron Man.

October 26, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  141. Buzzwad

George Mcfly: Do you really think I oughta swear?
    Marty McFly: Yes, definitely. Go#%&*n it George, swear.

October 26, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  142. Jonnyboy

What are you def and stupid, I said no!

October 26, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  143. Zero

"Doc, you won't believe it, we gotta go back to 1955"
    Doc: " I don't believe it!"

======

Doc: "Roads? where we are going we don't need roads..."

=======

Marty: " it's all my fault..."
    Doc: "It's all in the past!"
    Marty: "You mean in the future..."
    Doc: "Whatever!"

October 26, 2010 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  144. Truth

I saw Crispin Glover in LAX a couple of years ago...same hair he had in the movie.

October 26, 2010 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Buzzwad

So you're my Uncle Joey. Better get used to these bars, kid.

October 26, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  146. Fonz

Mr. Strickland, "Slackers!!!" must have been referring to the future Obama & his dirty political friends

October 26, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Erin G.

Really? You had to go there? I hate people like you who have to relate anything in this world to poltics.... but I'm probably just a marxist for responding to this...

October 26, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeremy

Fonz, please get help. Obsession isn't healthy.

October 26, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ben

Or to you.

October 26, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  147. Sharon

I always loved that he went back to 1955, I remember 1955 and everything looked just like it did in 1955. My son was in high school in 1985 and he laughed at me going "I remember that". Still a great movie, and the cast was perfect.

October 26, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Holly Golightly

@twin pines–at the beginning of the movie, the mall was called "twin pines mall". When Marty comes back after killing one of the pines, it's called "lone pine mall."

October 26, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
  149. Stiff

Why don't you make like a tree, and get out of here!

October 26, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  150. Jessica

Silence Earthling! My name is Darth Vader. I am an extraterrestrial from the planet Vulcan!

October 26, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  151. Richard

Oh my God they found me. I don't know how, but they found me. RUN FOR IT MARTY.

October 26, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  152. Holly Golightly

"Who you callin spo_ok pe_ckerwood?! Better get used to these bars, kid. I'm your density, I mean, your destiny!"

October 26, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  153. Richard

Did Mr. Strickland EVER have hair?

October 26, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  154. Fonz

I love it when Marty is on stage at Night Under The Sea dance and he jams out on the guitar, "Trust me your kids are gonna love this music." Classic!!!

October 26, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  155. Truth

Marty McFLy after shredding 80's guitar at a 1950's school dance:
    "Maybe you guys aren't ready for that.....but your kids are gonna love it."

October 26, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  156. Twin Pines

Great movies, you catch something new every time you watch them. I just watched Part I a few weeks back and caught something. If you recall in the mall parking lot Doc recalls "I remember when this was all farmland as far the eye could see. Old man Peabody owned all of this. He had this crazy idea about breeding pine trees." The line has always seemed out of place, but then cut forward (or backwards!) to 1955 at the farm right after Marty travels back in time. He fires up the DeLorean, and in the process of tearing out of the barn and off the farm he runs over one of the two prominently placed "twin" pine trees, I presume spelling the immediate end to the pine tree "breeding". And therefore in the future there was just a mall instead. I could be wrong, but this was my interpretation of those two scenes–great stuff!

October 26, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • BTTF Fan

I caught this a few years back after seeing Part 1 at least 100 times...

The name of the mall in the beginning of the movie is "Twin Pines"

At the end of the movie...."LONE PINE"

BRILLIANT!!!!

October 26, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ben

I looked for the "Lone Pine Mall" sign the second time I saw the movie. What great detail. Of course I never picked up the significance of the name, Mr. Peabody, whose son is supposedly Sherman in the script. Rocky and Bullwinkle fans can appreciate that. I also thought it was funny that Tab and Pepsi Free disappeared from the shelves a few years after the movie came out, although Tab can still be had if you search for it.

October 26, 2010 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  157. Truth

Back when movies were fun and focused more on entertainment than political agenda.

This series is the definition of a CLASSIC. "Back to the Future II" was my favorite!

October 26, 2010 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  158. Pliny

Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen: What's your name, dude?
    Marty McFly: Uh, Mar- Eastwood. Clint Eastwood.
    Buford "Mad Dog" Tannen: What kind of stupid name is that?

Classic.

October 26, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  159. CHEEZ

all 3 were great movies- they tied in great to each other ( most of the time). my favorite quote, was when they were back in the future, eating dinner and the dad comes in with a TV and one of the kids says "do YOU have a TV, and MIchael J fox answers back with of course we have and then he pauses for a second we have 2- TV's, and the kid answers back with WOW you must be rich. and the mom says dont be silly, nobody has 2- TV's- now everyone has 5.

October 26, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  160. Fletch F. Fletch

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, yer gonna see some serious sh1t.

October 26, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  161. Tim

"Kid! You alright? You need any help?"
    "There's only one man who can help me!"

October 26, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  162. Nolo Contendre

What surprised me the most is how much the 1985 Biff (Actor Thomas Wilson aged 30 years from 1955 Biff) looks like the 2010 actor. And you're right, jlm, he does look like today's Robert Zemeckis.

October 26, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  163. Futureboy

So many things I love. The DeLorean. The fire trails. The ice cold reentry. The hoverboard. The flying cars. The western. Too many to name. To top it off my birthday is November 12 (the real most important date in the whole trilogy!

October 26, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  164. DeTrash

The DeLorean was such a peice of junk, I dont think it would top out at 88 MPH.

October 26, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dave C.

Don't knock Deloreans – they are actually very nice cars, and yes, they will easily do over 88mph. I've never taken mine over 100mph, but more out of fear of the cops than anything else.

October 26, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • duh

Obviously you never worked on one. The bodies would never rot, but everything else did. A fantastic piece of junk. But you never had to wash them. You could use oven cleaner instead.

October 26, 2010 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  165. 80's fan

WOW...I can't believe it's been 25 years. I remember going to see the first movie like it was yesterday. Just reading the comments have brought back great memories. This series will be a favorite and can't wait for my kids to enjoy it too.

October 26, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  166. Scott

"My name is Darth Vader, from the planet Vulcan"

October 26, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  167. chris

This is the rare trilogy were there is not a single weak film. And growing up watching John Wayne movies....I loved the third better than the second. Besides, part three features one of my all time favorite lines:

Doc: Marty, who dressed you in those riduclous clothes?

Marty: You did!

October 26, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  168. Roger Waters

"Clint Eastwood? What kinda stupid name is that?"

October 26, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
  169. Sky

At the movie store I used to work at, we would play different trilogies on Sundays since the day was only seven hours long. Often this would be one of them. My one boss would often put this on during his shift. These will always remind me of my first job and how much I loved it.

October 26, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
  170. CA

Probably the only thing my litte sister and I agreed on growing up: the opening sequence when Marty plugs in the guitar and jacks up the largest amp ever – and gets knocked back across the room after hitting the chord – was the funniest thing in the entire world. STILL cracks us up to this day.

"...it's your cousin, Marvin Berry..."

October 26, 2010 at 12:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • BKutscher

Only one problem with that scene.... Marty turns the amps all the way up BEFORE he plugs the guitar in. Anyone who has ever played electic guitar knows that his ears would have been blown away when he touched the tip of the guitar cord's plug to the connection on the guitar. The 60 Hz hum and connection noise would have blown out his eardrums before he even hit a chord. That's one of the little technical errors in the film. But I love the series nonetheless!

October 26, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Issar79

I was 13 when I got the bright idea that I would ramp up all of my parents stero equipment settings and pause the VCR just before the pic hits the chord...my pulse is raising just remember what happened...I pressed play and the loudest explosion I've ever heard blasted through two dual 12in 4foot speakerboxes as my heart leapt out of my chest. I had to stop the video and open all the windows, praying that the burnt speaker smell would disipate before my parents came home.

October 26, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
  171. Scuba59

One of my favorite lines is when Doc said "It means your future hasn't been written yet. No one's has. Your future is whatever you make it. So make it a good one, both of you"

October 26, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  172. Lulu

Okay – most may agree that the third installment of the Back to the Future trilogy was the least memorable, but I have to say... my friends and I still quote this one line that I think is just so funny.
    "Everybody everywhere will say that Clint Eastwood is the biggest yeller-belly in the West." I guess it was humorous because of the way the line was delivered. :-) Good times. Happy Marty McFly day!

October 26, 2010 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  173. KR in Mass.

This is my favorite movie trilogy. Can't tell you how many times I've watched all three in a row, over a weekend. I have a nice, framed display of the movies (purchased in Hollywood) hanging in my theater room (one of only two). The movies were so well done.

My two favorite aspects: (1) how cleverly all the time sequences were coordinated, even among the three "episodes," and (2) the genuine chemistry in the relationship between "Marty" and "Doc Brown." Great job, Robert Zemeckis, Michael J. Fox, and Christopher Lloyd! I hope you three have fond memories of them as I do.

October 26, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  174. Elmo

Favorite time, watching a Back to The Future marathon on the weekend with my kids. Will definately be getting the Blue Rays.

October 26, 2010 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  175. YoMomma

Its not Jigawatt.. but its actually a GIGAWATT .. Around WW2, the common pronunciation was Jigawatt (for a Gigawatt)..

Factor Prefix Symbol
    10 3 kilo k
    10 6 mega M
    10 9 giga G
    10 12 tera T
    10 15 peta P
    10 18 exa E
    10 21 zetta Z
    10 24 yotta Y

However.. Roads.. where we're going.. we don't need roads.

October 26, 2010 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kelly

Again, did you not notice the use of quotes around "jigowatts?" The author purposely used quotes because it is the way it is pronounced in the movie, now how it is actually spelled.

October 26, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  176. The Fish

I made a flux capacitor once. Now I use it to make toast!

October 26, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  177. ElliEmma

Found this Delorean, I've always wanted one! http://www.everycarlisted.com/ca/hill-valley/delorean/dmc-12/vin-14087907

October 26, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  178. RV

And next Friday Nov 5 will be 55 years since Doc Brown slipped on the wet porcelain toilet while hanging a clock and invented time travel!

October 26, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  179. pootchky

I saw these movies in the theater when they first came out. Now, my 12-year old son watches these whenever they come on. They are timeless (pardon the pun). Just as fresh today as 25 years ago.

"Great Scott!"

October 26, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  180. Ho

" I can't believe you loaned me your car without telling me it had a blind spot!"

October 26, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  181. Mike

I was high when I first saw this and then spent the rest of the night debating the space time continuum. One of my best nights ever! It mus have been my density to see that movie that night... ;-)

October 26, 2010 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  182. Meh

Great movies. They rarely make'em like they use to anymore sadly.

October 26, 2010 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  183. Durk

I'll tell you what it means, it means that this dam thing doesn't work!

October 26, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  184. Boddah

The only issue I have ever had with this series is that the clock tower did not have a second hand on it. So they actually had a 60 second window of when the lightning would strike, how did they now what the exact second would be that it struck?

October 26, 2010 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  185. Lio

"Oh, jeez, dad is a peeping Tom!!!!!!!!!!!!????"

October 26, 2010 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  186. Diner

"The Pepsi isn't free; you have to pay for it." Great line!

October 26, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
  187. Gary

Me and my "future" wife went to see this movie on our first date; Nov 15th, 1985. We married Nov 15th 1986, soon to celegrate our 24th anniversary. I don't own a BluRay player but I preordered the trilogy in BluRay. I will pick it up later today, along with new BluRay player just for this trilogy. This will always be my favorite movie!!!!

October 26, 2010 at 11:41 am | Report abuse |
    • Marty

I just got my Blu-ray player for my Birthday on the 8th.. and this trilogy is the first and foremost reason I even wanted one! Enjoy!

October 26, 2010 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  188. DJP Boston

Saw it for the first time at Play it Again Sam's on Commonwealth Avenue in Boston, summer 1986. Thanks to Angela C. for sending me Back to the Future.

October 26, 2010 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  189. Dale

Time Circuits on, engine running, flux capacitor-fluxing...

October 26, 2010 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  190. Marty (my real name)

Love when 50's Marty calls George "dad" then corrects himself by saying Daddy-O.

October 26, 2010 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  191. Chris

I actually prefer part 3 over part 2.

October 26, 2010 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  192. Spiker715

I took my son to this when he was 4 years old...now I'm going to it with him as an adult and taking my granddaughter. This movie is timeless and the most fun ever!

October 26, 2010 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  193. Steve

"I can't believe you loaned me your car without telling me it had a blind spot." "I have your car towed all the way here and all you have for me is lite beer?"

October 26, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Chuck

Maybe the most underrated quote from the entire movie. Such a great line.

October 26, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • steve-o

"Look at this? I spilled beer all over this shirt, who's gonna pay the dry-cleaning?"

October 26, 2010 at 5:35 pm | Report abuse |
  194. Mike Stauffer

"Yeah, gimme...gimme a Tab"
    "Tab? I can't give you a tab unless you order something!"
    "Alright, gimme a Pepsi free."
    "You wanna pepsi pal, you're gonna pay for it!"

Love it!!!

October 26, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  195. Holly Golightly

I used to have a crush on Marty and George! "What did you do, kid? Jump ship? Who the he ll is John F. Kennedy? He's an idiot. His parents are probably idiots, too!"

October 26, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • LKel

"Lorriane, if you ever have a kid that acts that way, we'll disown you."

October 26, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  196. Monty Abballo

After Marty restores the continuum at the dance, when he looks at the picture and he and his siblings re-appear, they should have added a baby... But the trilogy on tv got me through watching the Giants blow a world series in 2002. Hopefully that doesn't happen this year.

October 26, 2010 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  197. dan

There's that word again, heavy. Is there something wrong with the earth's gravitational pull in the future?

October 26, 2010 at 11:34 am | Report abuse |
  198. T

Where's Cafe '80s ? Wouldn't mind dropping in there...

October 26, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  199. Corrie

"I've never seen purple underwear before Calvin"....

October 26, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  200. jimmy Y

I always loved the Deloreans license plate # "otoftme"!!! How cool is that

October 26, 2010 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  201. Jim

Is it funny how Zemeckis resembles Biff in this picture. . . .

October 26, 2010 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  202. george

what the hell are you doing in my car, old man

October 26, 2010 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  203. Brodie

There are so many great quotes to mention, but the scene that gets me every time is when Doc and Marty witness the Deloreans first time travel in the Twin Pines Mall parking lot.

October 26, 2010 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  204. Tannen

"I hate manure!"

October 26, 2010 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  205. Tim

These movies are awesome; they perfected the cast when they replaced Jennifer in the second installment. I knew I was going to marry my wife when she told me that her favorite movies were Shawshank Redemption, Dumb and Dumber, Christmas Vacation, and the Back to the Future trilogy. Our first Christmas together, 2002, I bought her the trilogy on DVD, this Christmas I will get it for her on Blue Ray. We still watch those crazy movies and will continue to do so for many years.

October 26, 2010 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  206. Scott

I remember a man who lived on the same street as my grand parents owned a Delorian. All the kids in the neighborhood wanted to sit in his car and pretend to be Marty after the movie came out. Long live Marty and Doc!

October 26, 2010 at 11:24 am | Report abuse |
  207. OutOfTime

I love the part when Marty goes crazy on the guitar and looks up to see all the students staring at him from the dance floor and he realizes what he has just done. " I guess you guys aren't ready for that yet....but your kids are gonna love it."

October 26, 2010 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  208. Matt

One of the best movies from the 80s without a doubt. I can watch it over and over and never get tired of it. The Delorean is an icon, there was the hoverboard. Great trilogy.

October 26, 2010 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  209. Bernie the Second

I love this movie....

My birthday is on the 26 so whenever they would show it in the movie I would tell all my friends it was for me lol

GREAT MOVIE!!!

October 26, 2010 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  210. Allen

Why dont you act like a tree and get out of here

October 26, 2010 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  211. Wes C

In the diner in 1955, "Hey kid, what's with the life perserver?"

October 26, 2010 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • beenz

Also at the diner:

Marty: 'Give me a Tab"
      Diner guy- 'I can't give you a tab unless you order something"
      Marty – 'Ok... give me a Pepsi Free'
      Diner guy – 'If you want a Pepsi, pal, you're going to pay for it'

October 26, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • magooo

Dork over here thinks he's gonna drown.

October 26, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  212. adam

Why exactly is October 26th significant? In the movie they reference October 5, 1985 and a fews days in March, 1955.

October 26, 2010 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Keith

I think you need to re-watch the movie.

October 26, 2010 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
    • adam

@keith. I can't watch the movie at work. I did find a script on the internet and scanned the dates in the script...not one is October 26th. I'm not trying to start something, but can you give away the secret and tell me...?

October 26, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • logan

The release day

October 26, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • mkjp

according to the article, October 26 is the date in 1985 that Marty first time traveled back to 1955.

October 26, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sam

It's not in the script. Watch the movie. The scene at Twin Pines Mall takes place on 10-26-1985 (according to the time circuits) and Doc Brown says he is going to go 25 years into the future, which theoretically would be 10-26-2010.

October 26, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sam

Logan – Back To the Future wasn't released on 10-26. It was released on 7-3-85.

October 26, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Sam, it's not Twin Pines mall. It's Lone Pine Mall...

October 26, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jack

Chris, isn't it Twin Pines Mall at first, but then it's Lone Pine Mall after Marty comes back from 1955? Or am I wrong on that one?

October 26, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Drew

Totally wrong, man. October 26th, 1985 was the day Marty went back in time. And Nov 5-12, 1955, was when Marty was back in the 50s. Get it right. Friggin' love these movies, they made growing up worth it.

October 26, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Z Rated

Actually, it was the Twin Pines Mall until he went back in time...where he ran over one of Old Man Peabody's pine trees. When he returns to 1985, it is then called The Lone Pine Mall.

October 26, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • rrs

It was Twin Pines Mall and then when went back in time and ran into the barn he ran over one of the trees. So when he came back to the 1985 the tree was no longer there so it was Lone Pine Mall

October 26, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • JM

Oct 26 is the day Marty met Doc at the mall to video tape the experiment of sending Einstein to the future. He arrives Nov 5 1955, the day Doc hit his head and invented the flux capicitor

October 26, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  213. Stompy

I saw Christopher Lloyd this weekend at a show in Dallas and he's awesome. He was very personable with all the fans and made sure everyone had a great time.

October 26, 2010 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  214. Margaret

Why don't you make like a tree and get outta here?

October 26, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  215. Marvelousmarv1

Mr. Fusion

October 26, 2010 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  216. Curt

Loved the line "Jesus C@#%^t Doc! You disintegrated Einstein!".

October 26, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  217. Tessa Brown

Back to the Future is one movie I can watch over and over again and not get tired of it. Gotta say I love it when Marty McFly is jammin' on the guitar!

October 26, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  218. Biff fan

I still love using all the Biff lines:
    "Why don't you make like a tree, and get the he** out of here!" is my favorite and still makes me laugh today.

October 26, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  219. dax312

bad acting, bad actors, bad script...... James Cameron or Jerry Bruckheimer might have made it worth watching....

October 26, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
    • danielsan

It's from the 80's get over it

October 26, 2010 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Backtobackto

HEY STOLTZ!
      Are you still upset that Michael J. got the part, his carreer took off and yours didn't?

October 26, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Marty

Do better.

October 26, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Ryan

Actually its a great script. Read it. Better yet – watch the movie. There is hardly a single line of dialogue in the first film which is not completely relevant to the story.

Not that this fact alone makes a good script, but it certainly doesn't hurt.

October 26, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
    • LKel

James Cameron's movies are ridiculously over budget. Plus he's a tool! If you don't appreciate BTTF, then get off the blog. This is for ppl CELEBRATING a timeless, heart-warming, incredibly entertaining film... thank you very much! :D

October 26, 2010 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • rufus

this is in reply to the one that dissed one of the coolest movie series's ever. what were you? a football dork in the 1980's?

October 26, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  220. Jon I.

I remember nearly 20 years ago as if it were just yesterday that I climbed into the stainless steel body of the DeLorean at the Back to The Future ride at Disney World. This trilogy is a part of my 80's/90's childhood and remains a special place in my cinematic heart. That's the power of love!

October 26, 2010 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  221. Boo

Love these movies. Oct 26 is my birthday, so when I was a kid I always thought my birthdays were lame, because I could have been time traveling....oh wait.... I still think that....

October 26, 2010 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  222. ralph

What are you lookin at butthead?

October 26, 2010 at 10:58 am | Report abuse |
  223. Boddah

My absolute favorite part is at the end of the second movie after the delorian was struck by lightning. Marty was stranded and Western Union drove up with a letter from Doc. The Western Union courier asks if he needs any help, to which Marty replies "There is only one man that can help me". Immediately cutting to Doc zipping down from the clock tower. That part still gives me chills to this day.

October 26, 2010 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  224. Miguel Armendaris

Back to the Future is my favorite trilogy of all time! The music from the 50s and 80s is amazing. If I had to choose 2 things that I love most about Back to the Future, it would have to be the Hover Board and the Nike power-laced sneakers. I mean seriously who wouldn't want those 2 items!? I've been waiting for this trilogy to come out on blu ray for years now and I am so siked to go pick it up. Oh this is heavy!

October 26, 2010 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Doc Brown

There's that word again... Is there something wrong with the earth's gravitation pull in 1985?

October 26, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
  225. CalvinKlein

Hey you! Get your dam hands off her!"

October 26, 2010 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  226. Rick

I remember being a kid and saying "Damn." "Damn, Damn." Quoting Doc Brown and feeling like a rebel! Thanks Back to the Future for such great childhood memories!

October 26, 2010 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  227. zoglet73

the flux capacitor lives on

October 26, 2010 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  228. SP

@jetboy it's written "jigowatts" in the script

October 26, 2010 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  229. Silverscrn

My favorite part is when the faded pictures come back and the future is right again. Love when Marty flexes his hand and smiles. still gives me chills- such a magic movie moment. Read my love letter to BTTF at wannabepride dot com.

October 26, 2010 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
    • LKel

I completely agree!!! That is my absolute favorite part! When he gets his strength back after George punches out anonymous red-headed guy and the music swells, "Earth Angel, Earth ANGEL!!! Please be mine!!!!" LOVE IT!

October 26, 2010 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  230. Rachel

What an 80's classic. Thanks Michael J. for helping to make this such a memorable movie. It wouldn't be the same without you!!

October 26, 2010 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  231. kiki

I loved this movie! It brings back so many wonderful childhood memories.

October 26, 2010 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  232. jetboy

Jigowatts? It's "gigawatts". Just acceptably pronounced with a "j" sound at the beginning.

October 26, 2010 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Matt

Actually, that is how it is spelled in the movie/screenplay.

October 26, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Ike Iszany

It's jigawatts. It's supposed to be something beyond a billion or trillion. Like a kabillion or a gazillion except it actually means something to Doc.

October 26, 2010 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Bleagan

No. Jetboy is half-right. Its gigawatts. They pronounced it jiga because that's what the director found when he did the research 25 YEARS AGO!!!!!!!!!! Jig=gig, ok guys?

October 26, 2010 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
    • Matthew

It was misspelled as "jigowatts" in the script :) Little bit of trivia there for you.

October 26, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kelly

Did you not notice the use of the quotes around "jigowatts?"

October 26, 2010 at 12:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Boogiemama

The scriptwriter admitted that he had heard of "jigowatts" but had never seen the wrod written, so this is how he swpeeled it in the script.

October 26, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jezmundberserker

For a moment, I thought Jay-Z was involved in all this. "Jigga-who, Jigga-what?"

October 26, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Jigawatts? What the hell is a Jigawatt?

October 26, 2010 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Randy

Yes ...exactly its 1.000.000.000 Watts

October 26, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ryan

Same giga measure as in harddrives (Gigabytes... "gigs" for short).

October 26, 2010 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Colin

Gigawatt=1×10^9 Watts. A unit of power.

October 27, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  233. katie

This is a movie i grew up on, and it's just great all around (all three of them). I have to say the most memorable thing for me was being a kid and having a HUGE crush on George McFly. But there's also all the memorable quotes, like things that i say all the time that are just in my brain. These movies are all amazing.

October 26, 2010 at 10:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Laura

Did you mean a crush on Marty? Or did you actually have a crush on George??

October 26, 2010 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Tiffany

I hope that was not a typo...I have always been alone in my attraction to George....you are my density...

October 26, 2010 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Katie

No i mean crush on George-those were like blue steal.

October 26, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • bailoutsos

I saw a "flux capacitor" was used to power Iron Man.

October 26, 2010 at 12:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • GirlCrush

I had a huge crush on Crispin Glover as well....you're not alone.
      Still watch these movies any time they come on TV.

October 26, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Corvus1

George was s*x on a stick. Hubba-hubba. <3

October 26, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matt

Get your damn hands off her. Do you really think I ought to swear? Yes, definitely, God-dammit George, swear.

October 26, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jennifer

This movie has always been special to me and my husband. Our names are Marty and Jennifer and our wedding anniversary is October 26, 1985!

October 26, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hanna S

Love this film, I have watched it over and over through the years. The sound track "The Power of Love" catapults me back to the 80's and my teenage years :-)

October 26, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lise

Happy Anniversary Jennifer (and hubby Marty)! Hope you have a wonderful celebration planned for your 25th!

October 26, 2010 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pao McFly

I have a freaking HUUUUGEEE crush on Marty McFly <33 i just adore him :)
      are you telling me my MOM.... has got the hots for *me*?!?

October 28, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  234. Fran

Relax Anniebananie – it's the entertainment section of CNN .... if the content bothers you – don't read it. I love George McFly's laugh – never gets old.

October 26, 2010 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  235. Kat

One of my favortie lines is when Marty says to Doc, "You made a time machine out of Delorean?!"

October 26, 2010 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  236. poopenstein

WAY TO GO BOB!!!!!! KICK ASS!!!!!!

October 26, 2010 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  237. Sean

The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?

October 26, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |