Taylor Momsen flashes party-goers
October 25th, 2010

Taylor Momsen flashes party-goers

She may model for Madonna's Material Girl clothing line, but Taylor Momsen wasn't wearing a whole lot of material at a recent New York City event. In fact, the 17-year-old "Gossip Girl" star flashed party-goers while performing with her band the Pretty Reckless, reports People.

The aspiring rocker initially took the stage in a ripped shirt, barely there skirt, sky-high heels, fishnets, and a necklace that read "Slave." During her song, she shockingly pulled down her top to reveal her bare breasts, which were only covered by x-shaped strips of black tape.

Momsen – who previously joked that she had sex with a priest - has a history of outrageous behavior and attire, and despite being criticized for being a bad influence on young fans, the former child star insists she's not changing her ways.

"I didn't get into this to be a role model," she has said. "So, I'm sorry if I'm influencing your kids in a way that you don't like, but I can't be responsible for their actions. I don't care."

1. rachel

that 's really sad any time she is in the news for something wierd and terrbile i just think of how she was cindy lou who in how the grinch stole christmas really really sad

October 28, 2010 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Lorin

If I was a Hollywood star, I would pride myself on the fact that children could look up to me as a role model. I know it isn't a star's job to be a role model for youngsters, but I would definitely try to be one a youngster could look up to without their parents fearing what I may or may not do. I used to watch Gossip Girl and when Taylor played Jennie in the beginning she seemed so sweet and innocent, sad to see that she is the complete opposite. I hope one day she'll grow up but if she doesn't, she's right about one thing, and that is that it isn't her job to be a role model for young kids.

October 27, 2010 at 8:36 am | Report abuse |
  3. mben

gee, I wonder if taylor wrote the above comment...? hmm?
    Taylor is skinny, blonde and "cute' at best, but if you ask me she's dim, shallow and has no chin.
    desperate and madonna's little pawn, too
    pathetic
    she's going to cringe at herself in 5 years, I agree!

October 26, 2010 at 8:27 pm | Report abuse |
  4. oso

She is a pretty leggy blonde, so she's at the top of the food chain, and everybody's comments seem to have some envy in then. I think all woman and girls are jealous of her and most guys want her.
    At least she's honest, All I read here are a bunch of people lying to them selves.

October 26, 2010 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frank

Yeah...because all women totally want to be 'pretty leggy blondes'. Nice racism there.

October 26, 2010 at 11:46 pm | Report abuse |
  5. stupidfacebookads

At age 17, you can't exactly refer to her as a "former" child star. Sadly, she's a very messed up child, but a child none the less.

October 26, 2010 at 5:34 pm | Report abuse |
  6. sandra

did courtney love have another daughter?

October 26, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Kimberly

GROW UP AND GET OVER YOURSELF TAYLOR! Try doing something for somebody else besides yourself! There are earthquakes, diseases and famines right now! So get a clue, we "Don't Care" about you!

October 26, 2010 at 7:47 am | Report abuse |
  8. OMFG

I'd split her in half.

October 26, 2010 at 1:53 am | Report abuse |
  9. Whatajoke

Trash is trash. Don't matter how far the wind blows it, you can still smell the stank.

October 25, 2010 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Frank

Go ahead – degrade yourself and throw your life away or end up dead, (underaged) girl! We don't care, either! No one will know who you are in five years, anyway! So enjoy your 15 minutes of public self-humiliation!

October 25, 2010 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Craig

The thing none of could possibly know is in what context the act was. Not that it would make it right but was it a spur of the moment, off the cuff thing or was it a planned, calculated stunt like Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction"? Neither event was a big deal as far as I'm concerned. I think the Super Bowl incident was blown way out of proportion. Most people probably didn't realize what happened until someone else told them about it later. People have no problem with grown men clobbering the hell out of each other on the playing field but flash a nip and the world's gonna end. With Taylor if my daughter wanted to listen to her, fine. I'd tell my daughter "just don't behave like her".

October 25, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • cam

99.9% sure that it planned considering she revealed "her bare breasts, which were only covered by x-shaped strips of black tape." Similar to how Janet Jackson was sporting a peircing and sun ornament.

October 25, 2010 at 10:29 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Arthur

Taylor is without a doubt one of the coolest super models in the industry.She does not apply herself like a truly serious Rocker babe.She clowns around on stage and acts like she had too much drugs or whatever the night before.I don't dig her acting like a fool that way at all.

October 25, 2010 at 9:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frank

Super models don't exist anymore. The 'age of the supermodel' ended about 20 years ago. I say it ended when Gia died, honestly. IT'S OVER. Momsen is just a train wreck who wants attention because she obviously lacking in self esteem.

October 25, 2010 at 9:47 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Indi...Gogh

When young women lack the vocal/writing power or spirit of Joplin, Stevie Nicks,Joan Jett,Cherie Curie,etc...dynamic moves are needed to get P.R. MADONNA MOST LIKELY SUGGESTED IT. MONSEN CAN LAST WITH THIS "G RATED WENDY O WILLIAMS" IMAGE. UK ROCKS HARDER. GOOD IMAGE BUT SHE IS OBVIOUSLY TRYING TO SELL MUSIC...

October 25, 2010 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Rhymefest

I like it when these little white girls show their tytties.

October 25, 2010 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  15. sandra

Nothing says I'm Desperate like flashing your boobs on stage. Sad and pathetic.

October 25, 2010 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  16. joe

The problem with stunts like showing your boobs, is that when you are as devoid of talent as this trollup is, you have to show your crotch next. It hard to keep on shocking folks when you don't have the chops to back it up. Her 15 minutes is rapidly running out. Penthouse here she comes.

October 25, 2010 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  17. ProperVillain

Lame. She's not only classless but un-original. Wendy O' Williams was doing this in the eighties. YAWN. So sad when people confuse cutting edge with vulgar. If she needs to pull her shirt down to get attention the music must really suck.

October 25, 2010 at 5:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frank

Wendy O. wasn't an underaged girl when she did all of that. And she's also a Punk Rock icon. Either way, Wendy ended up blowing her brains out. A warning to all of us.

October 25, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Chris

Quoting this for the sheer truth of it. All these pathetic excuses for parents who want to pass the buck for their children growing up with no moral compass need to start taking responsbility for how their children develop and stop blaming these "role models".

I guess the same could go for all you judgemental people also - let the girl do what she wants with her life. Who cares if you approve of it? Does it affect you in any manner? Noone made you come here to read news about her...

October 25, 2010 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  19. neoanakinpotter

Lindsay Lohan 3.0!

October 25, 2010 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Sly

I looove Taylor momsen!

October 25, 2010 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Adrian Zupp

It's very sad that this passes for news with so many important issues all around us.

Welcome to THE IDIOT CULTURE:

October 25, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Craig

Very good point.

October 25, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • @Adrian

In order to get to the Marquee.blogs you have to go to the ENTERTAINMENT section. If you want news then go to the NEWS seciton. Anyone except an IDIOT could figure that out.

October 25, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Craig

I've heard some of her music. It's not bad, not great either. As a parent though, it's my job to police and influence my kids, not Hollywood. It's my job to teach them wrong from right, what's acceptable and what's not and trust them to (hopefully) make the right decisions when the time comes. If they don't I get to "I told ya so". Any failing is not because of the entertainment industry be it music, movies, television, video games, etc... It's either mine for not teaching them the right things, not recognizing a problem or the kids fault because they acted contrary to what they were taught. No matter what, youth is about learning. Mistakes will be made. One of the other jobs of a parent is to be there on the other side so when the kid realizes their mistake I can be there to make sure they're OK. To point blame elsewhere is a cop out used by people who have no business being parents. More parents need to step up and take responsibility.

October 25, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • JL

Well said Craig – took the thoughts right out of my head. Hopefully others will read that and realize the rightness to it, enough to be just as proactive in their own family. If more parents would do the same we sure would have a lot less young adult problems in this country. It all starts at home, most definitely. I see so often my teenagers' friends and their parents blaming others, in which I tell my son, you see that? No personal responsibility. I always point that out to him and say that is what's not to do.

October 29, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Wag

Watch out Lindsay someone's trying to take over your current spot in the headlines.

October 25, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  24. sos

I hate her. She's not outrageous. This has all been done before. She's an idiot

October 25, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

And yet, here you are reading about her and taking time to post your opinion. I'm not sure which of you two is the bigger idiot.

"Who is the more foolish - the fool, or the fool who follows?"

October 25, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  25. pyrosgirl

who is this?? and I agree with Steve. At 17 she is STILL a child.

October 25, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  26. portalpunk

couldn't of needed much tape to cover those tyts

October 25, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Steve

At 17, the term 'former child star' does not apply yet.

October 25, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Samantha

and i'm sorry too taylor, but your album will be one my daughters are not allowed to purchase. i'm sorry taylor but i just don't care.

October 25, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  29. N.E.

This girl bothers me. A lot. She always tries to act all 'tough' and sh't, but seriously she's annoying.

October 25, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • West

What do you mean she tries to 'act all tough'? She's 5'2" and maybe weighs 90lbs, she can't be tough at that size, that's acting slu-tty.

October 25, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  30. ScoobyDo

Rhut Rho!!!

October 25, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Steven Seagal

I like this broad. Bad eye makeup to draw attention her way. I imagine she loves to drink Mike's Lemonade or some other cheap booze. She's probably drunk out of her mind and high on glue. The new Lindsay Lohan. Perfect. Young and dumb with really red eyes.

October 25, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  32. Allison

She's going to look back on herself in about 5 years and want to die of embarrassment.

October 25, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  33. scroo yoo

Who cares? They cant all be doctors and lawyers.

October 25, 2010 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  34. not cool

s

October 25, 2010 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  35. kiki

I wish she would change her eye make-up. Not a good look on her.

October 25, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |