Kids Halloween costumes by Ellen DeGeneres
October 25th, 2010

Kids Halloween costumes by Ellen DeGeneres

Sarah Palin wigs and Snooki poofs are so last year. But not to worry: Ellen DeGeneres has the perfect, culturally relevant Halloween costume for your little ones.

“Everyone knows that witches and vampires are scary, but here’s something that’s really, really scary,” Ellen says before welcoming Tyler, an 8-year-old dressed as a bed bug, on stage.

Tyler sported bug eyes, which sprouted up from a black headpiece. His head appeared to be tucked into the bed - dust ruffle and all - he wore on his body.

Too scary?

Grab an apron from Chili’s, a hands-free head lamp and a miner’s axe to pull off this feel-good Halloween costume: A Chilean miner, or, as Ellen’s pint-sized guest says, “a miner from Chili’s.”

What about a political costume? Wear a teapot, carry a present, sport a party hat and go as a member of the Tea Party.

What do you think of Ellen’s costume ideas? What creative costumes for kids did the host miss?

Next entry »
  1. Amateur fetish gallery

You recognize thus considerably when it comes to this matter, produced me individually imagine it from so many various angles. Its like men and women don't seem to be interested except it is something to accomplish with Woman gaga! Your individual stuffs great. At all times care for it up!

September 18, 2012 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Shqiptar

October 8, 2011 I'm so happy you weren't hurt! That looks like rough dgaame (and completely LOL'd at your license plate blackout with sad faces!! Too funny!). I was hit by a drunk driver TWICE! Once time my car flipped three times and was clearly totaled and the other time it wasn't as bad but my car was totaled then too... when a DD hits you (I have found) insurance companies are quick to get you off their back and cut you a check! Hopefully you will get your car looking brand stinkin' new in no time! Keeping my fingers crossed!AND I AM LOVING YOUR RECOMMENDATIONS! Have a very great and relaxing weekend!XOXOStephanie @ Blonde Highlights recently posted..

February 13, 2012 at 6:20 am | Report abuse |
  3. sammi

I don't know about the bedbug.... they are terrible and if you happen to get them in your home its awful. You can get rid of them by using http://www.gardenharvestsupply.com/ProductCart/pc/Diatomaceous-Earth-Food-Grade-p39.htm

November 19, 2010 at 7:46 am | Report abuse |
  4. Holly Golightly

Frank, where have you been?! :)

October 28, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  5. CharIieSheen

I have a feeling Charlie Sheen is going to be a popular choice this year. There's a hilarious spoof account on twitter for anyone who wants a laugh:

October 28, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  6. SKY

WE HAVE BEEN TOLD TO SHUT-UP ALL OUR LIVES, DON'T AS QUESTIONS.
    CHRISTIANS, CHRISTIANS CELEBRATING HALLOWEEN!
    NOW I GET IT, WE ARE PRETENDING TO BE CHRISTIANS
    GOD HELP US ALL!

October 27, 2010 at 10:06 pm | Report abuse |
  7. samantha

Shut up everyone! This blog is about my son! Let's just talk about how cute he looked in his bedbug costume :) and the iron chef is a girl named Sarah!

October 27, 2010 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  8. samantha

Shut up everyone! This article is about my son! Let's just talk about how cute he looked in his bedbug costume :) and the iron chef is a girl named Sarah!

October 27, 2010 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  9. samantha

October 27, 2010 at 11:13 am | Report abuse |
  10. SKY

OVER A MILLION PEOPLE READ THIS BLOG...WHAT IF ONLY 5 OR 10 OR EVEN 100 DISLIKE YOU.
    ALWAY, LOOK AT THE BIG PICTURE..THERE ARE MORE WHO LOVE US THAN HATE US.
    THERE ARE MORE WHO JUST WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH.
    SO I WOULD LIKE FOR FRANK AND HOLLY GOLIGHTLY AND FLY TO , EXPLAIN THE ORGIN OF
    HALLOWEEN, AND WHY IT IS GOOD FOR CHILDREN TO DRESS UP LIKE DEMONS.
    THANK YOU.

THEIR CHILDREN ..I WANT TO HEAR THE OTHER SIDE...

October 27, 2010 at 1:53 am | Report abuse |
  11. Holly Golightly

I like Frank! He is cool! How sad and unhappy are those that spew negativity on a blog where nobody knows who they are???!!! What a waste of time! :) The costumes are cute! Peace and love...

October 26, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  12. SHY

FACT: YOU CAN DRESS YOU CHILD UP AS A EGG, AS A RAT AS A APPLE AS A DOLL AS A QUEEN
    AS A CAR, AS A TABLE, AS A BEDBUG, AS A KITTEN, AS A BAT, AS A DOCTOR, AS A NURSE,
    AS A TV, AS A MOVIE STAR, AS BATMAN, AS A DOG, AS A TREE, AS A ETC,ETC,ETC,,
    YOU CAN TRY TO CLEAN IT UP AS MUCH AS YOU WANT BUT HALLOWEEN IS GIVING
    WORSHIP TO THE DEMONS...IF MOSE WALKED THE EARTH TODAY, WHAT DO YOU
    THINK HE WOULD SAY IF HE CAME TO YOUR HOME AND YOUR WHOLE FAMILY
    WAS DRESS-UP LIKE WITCHES AND DEMONS.....HOW LONG DO YOU THINK
    YOU HAVE TO EXPLAIN YOURSELF BEFORE HE START CLEANING HOUSE?
    IT IS WHAT IT IS AND THIS IS THE TRUTH,,,I KNOW THE TRUTH HURTS, IT USE
    TO HURT ME, BUT I HAVE TO TELL THE TRUTH .

October 26, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • FLY

I SPEAK DUMB DUMB. HOW LONG BEFORE LEAVES START FALLING. I SPEAK TRUTH. CALL THE POLICE TO HAVE ME LOCKED UP PRONTO, SO THE KIDS CAN BE SAFE THIS YEAR
      Bdya, bdya bdya that's all folks!

October 26, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • eroberts

Fly, Sky, Shy: Seek help.

November 2, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  13. SKY

WHEN I WAS A CHILD, I SPOKE AS A CHILD..
    WHEN I WAS A CHILD MY LOVING PARENTS TOOK ME TO CHURCH TO WORSHIP GOD.
    THEN ON HALLOWEEN, THEY DRESSED ME UP LIKE A WITCH.
    ONE DAY I ASKED MY MOTHER, DOES GOD LIKE WITCHES...SHE SAID YES, BUT
    ONLY ON HALLOWEEN, AND FOR YEARS I WOULD DRESS UP LIKE
    A DEMON WITH ALL THE OTHER CHRISTIANS. AS A CHILD
    I SPOKE AS A CHILD. NO MORE LIES

October 26, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  14. ksf

They are all really neat. One year I was a chicken and my three daughters were eggs with chicks. Halloween and fall are great times of the year. Ellen is great giving ideas to us for children.

October 26, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  15. SKY

HALLOWEEN, SOMEHOW THE CHRISTIANS HAVE CLEANED IT WHICH BLEACH BUT I STILL SEE THE STAIN.
    ELEMENTS OF THE CUSTOMS CONNECTED WITH HALLOWEEN CAN BE TRACED TO A DRUID CEREMONY IN
    PRE-CHRISTIAN TIMES. THE CELTS HAD FESTIVALS FOR TWO MAJOR GODS-A SUN GOD AND A GOD OF
    THE DEAD . THE MYTHOLOGIES OF ALL THE ANCIENT NATIONS ARE CONNECTED WITH THE EVENTS OF
    THE DELUGE..HALLOWEEN IS A DAY THE WICKED SPIRTS HAVE IN HONOR OF ALL THEIR CHILDREN
    GOD DESTROYED DURING THE FLOOD OF NOAH DAY, REMEMBER THE NEPHILIM?
    WE DRESS OUR KIDS UP LIKE WITCHES, DEMONS, THE WALKING DEAD AND CALL THIS CUTE...
    BUT WHEN THEY START ACTING CRAZIE WE WONDER WHAT HAPPEN...HAVE YOU SEEN THE
    NEW LOOK FOR THE NEW SUPERMAN? HAVE YOU EVER WONDER WHY
    HE LOOK SO DARK AND EVIL? I USED TO GO ALONG WITH THE LIE, BUT LIFE IS TOOO SHORT
    AND THE REMAINING OF MY LIFE I WILL TELL THE TRUTH....

October 26, 2010 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
    • alex

hahahahahahahaa! not everyone needs to practice "christian beliefs" you nut. how about letting people celebrate what they want? you are in absolutely NO position to choose what people do with their lives. have a happy halloween you loon!

October 30, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • eroberts

You may be the scariest of all.

November 2, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  16. OmNomNomasaur

They didn't even mention that the kid sanding closest to her is an "Eye Pad". That's clever too! I can't tell what the kid in white next to him is supposed to be though. :(

October 26, 2010 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  17. deb

This fool can't even use his real name Steven Seagal, really????

October 26, 2010 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  18. Brooke

@Frank- lol laugh it off Frank. This dude is hurling insults on a blog about halloween costumes on Ellen. The words Pathetic and Idiot don't even begin to cover it. And it wasn't even a semi-decent insult, it was pretty stale.

trolls make me laugh, they think they're all clever but really it just makes the rest of us aware of how sad their life must be. Sucks to be them.

October 26, 2010 at 8:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Frank

Agreed. You'd have to have the mentality of a 10 year old to think schoolyard insults over the web are funny to begin with.

October 26, 2010 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Jennifer

I think they are very unique!! cute!!

October 26, 2010 at 4:46 am | Report abuse |
  20. Kiki

I like the bed costume. Too cute.

October 26, 2010 at 2:14 am | Report abuse |
  21. NE

I agree with Frank! They are adorable. (:

October 26, 2010 at 12:49 am | Report abuse |
  22. Steven Seagal

And you're the worst fairy on this blog, Franknbeans. I live to make you smile with my positive, life-affirming post.

October 25, 2010 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frank

Oh, what a devestating insult that is – 'fairy'. Sad little troll.

October 26, 2010 at 1:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Steven Seagal

It wasn't an insult, my darling Frankie, it was a costume suggestion for you.

October 26, 2010 at 10:09 am | Report abuse |
  23. Frank

You are the worst troll on this blog. But I'm sure that's a compliment to you. BORING.

October 25, 2010 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Frank

I think this is cute. :)

October 25, 2010 at 8:42 pm | Report abuse |