The joy of 'Big Bang Theory'
October 22nd, 2010

The joy of 'Big Bang Theory'

Poor Leonard.

He goes for weeks with no central storyline on “Big Bang Theory,” and then when he gets one it revolves around how he is the only one in his group without a female companion. Even Raj is apparently now hanging out with a hearing impaired young lady.

Wow, Leonard. Has it really come to this?

I never thought I would see the day when even Sheldon would have someone in his life, although Amy Farrah Fowler is a girl who is a friend and not Sheldon’s “girlfriend.” Watching him trying to duck her when he mistakenly thought she wanted to take things to the next level had me hiccuping with laughter.

I split my side even more when "Shamy" teleconferenced with her mom and described, in very clinical terms, that they were indeed in an intimate relationship. I am convinced that if Sheldon ever does procreate, it will be by way of him splitting in two like an amoeba so he can just be done with it.

But back to Leonard. Everyone got their digs in about his single and lonely status since his break up with Penny, and he finally reached a breaking point. He invoked the buddy pact with Wolowitz, which entails the coupled-up friend hooking up the single friend with the friend of the former’s girlfriend. (Got that?)

The result of this pact was a double date with Wolowitz and Bernadette and Bernadette’s friend Joy. What a piece of work she was. Crass, brash and clearly the anti-Penny, Joy roared in and let it be known right off the bat that she is “hilarious.” I loved her. With all of her abrasive physicality, she’s the perfect foil for the geeks. They just might want to be sure to wear an athletic protector.

What's your assessment on this week’s "BBT"?

1. Bonzo

I really enjoy the humour of this show but the Laugh Track makes it unbearable.

October 31, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Kenneth

Sorry guys, but Joy reminds me too much of Sue Sylvester on Glee. Other than that, it was a pretty funny episode. Don't lose Amy. She's awesome for the show!

October 30, 2010 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  3. cashline

They need to bring back Sara Gilbert if they are going to have Leonard in a relationship.

October 27, 2010 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  4. Caroline

The show makes me laugh, especially with the whole "Shamy" thing. I didn't think it was possible for Sheldon to be even more condescending, but now that he has a freind that is a girl, he's even worse. But I doubt that his so-called relationship will last. I agree that I want to see the girl that Raj can finally "communicate" with. And my ideal would be for Penny, Bernadette, Amy, Joy and Raj's mystery girl have a drunken girls night out, while the geeks sit around and fret. Just a suggestion.

October 25, 2010 at 9:08 am | Report abuse |
  5. Transplanted Floridian

Great series, but not that happy with this season so far. Why the change to crass toilet style humor. They've been funny for the past seasons without it, so why bring it in now? Running out of gags? New writers that want to churn out the same ol same ol. Where is the innovation, the moxy, the life of the show before it turned?

October 25, 2010 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
  6. labrador queen

Love the fact that it is an ensemble group...don't care for the Sheldon show. Would love to see more Raj, more interesting stories for Leonard and Howard too.

October 25, 2010 at 2:37 am | Report abuse |
  7. deeders

Get rid of the character Amy – not funny AT ALL!!!! If you keep her this show is going down hill for sure. There are alot of funny actresses Blossom is not one of them. PLEASE GET RID OF HER.

October 24, 2010 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  8. gkedpage

Love the show!!!Loved the part when Shamy were talking about their "intimate relation" with Amy's mother!! Can't wait to see Raj's lady!!!
    Didn't like Joy though, she doesn't belong here!!

October 24, 2010 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  9. julie

I love this show. My family doesn't get it but I never miss an episode. I would prefer it was on Mondays because it fell right into the groove of the other Monday CBS shows. It seems like people are going to forget its on Thursdays. Go big bang theory!

October 24, 2010 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Corneedee

I love this show. I have watched from the begining. I didn't think it would last past 3 shows. I look forward to watching every week. I hate that they moved it to Thursday, but I don't miss it. If I do miss, I watch on line or try to record.

October 24, 2010 at 1:23 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Matt

I liked this show when it first came out. Subsequently it became full of fail and is completely unfunny. I would suggest you all watch the famous youtube clip of a scene of the show with the laugh track removed. I can watch a full episode of the big bang theory and get maybe the slightest chortle out of 1 or 2 things in half an hour. decidedly unfunny.

sheldon is funny 1 out of 100 lines. The rest of the time he is like an unfriendly, far more OCD-ish urkel with no redeeming qualities.

October 24, 2010 at 2:30 am | Report abuse |
  12. sherrygirl

You're never alone, Khozyain, I found her annoying as well, and kind of a lazy effort by the writers, who I felt kind of dropped the ball on this episode. What in the world would Bernadette have in common with this woman?!?!

October 23, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Khozyain

In the minority but I found Joy not joyful and annoying.

October 23, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  14. MD

This is one show that I can't miss every week, and I can't say that about too many. I was blown away by Bernadette's choice in a date for Leonard. I too, can't wait till Penny is back and meets her. Sheldon as always is a laugh riot. I watch it when it's on but DVR it so I can watch it again and catch the lines I missed by laughing!

October 23, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Cory

For those wondering, the actress who plays Penny broke her leg in a horseback riding accident. They wrote her out of this weeks but said she should be back next week. We'll see. I can't wait for her to meet Joy.

October 23, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Bob

Its a great show. But, we have stopped watching it. Too many commercials. You lose the trend of the show after
    6-8 commercials.

October 23, 2010 at 10:20 am | Report abuse |
  17. finny

this is one of my favorite TV shows ever... so amazing :) love the stars down the stairs song !!!!

October 22, 2010 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Noriskow

Where is Penny??? Why she is not in the last epesodie?

October 22, 2010 at 5:25 pm | Report abuse |
  19. liz

They could have Sheldon coversing with her in sign language, telling her embarring things about Raj....

October 22, 2010 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  20. liz

i want them to show raj and his lady!!!

October 22, 2010 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Randa

I love that show.. can't wait for it every week.. Sheldon is hysterical!!!!

October 22, 2010 at 4:40 pm | Report abuse |
  22. CHEEFSFURY

WUT ABOUT THE PART WHERE SHELDON SAID THAT RHYME DOWN THE STAIRS OR WORE THAT DISGUISE OR JOKED ABOUT HAVING COYTUS

October 22, 2010 at 4:03 pm | Report abuse |
  23. skidd

The funniest part of the episode was sheldon and amy talking about the intimate relationship with amy's mom.

October 22, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |