Gwyneth Paltrow feeling nervous about CMAs
October 22nd, 2010

Gwyneth Paltrow feeling nervous about CMAs

She may sing about being "Country Strong," but Gwyneth Paltrow is getting weak in the knees at the thought of performing at the Country Music Association Awards.

The Oscar-winning actress, who is set to croon the theme song from her upcoming film of the same name, confesses that she's more than a little bit nervous about making her live singing debut at the November 10 awards event.

"If I don't faint, if I can just get through it, it'll be OK," she said in a radio interview, according to CMT.com. "Most people start in a bar, then a bigger bar, then maybe a theater. You're not supposed to just start at the CMAs. It's a little scary."

“Country Strong” stars 38-year-old Paltrow as Kelly Canter, a recently rehabbed country singer who attempts to make a comeback.

If the training the actress went through to prep for the part is any indication, she should pull off a top-notch performance when she takes the CMA stage.

"I had to learn how to play guitar, and I took singing lessons," Paltrow told MTV in May. "It was a real challenge, but I felt like I pretty much pulled it off."

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. Marla Szczepkowski

Thanks for providing such information. niouwhgfd

February 17, 2011 at 7:32 am | Report abuse |
  2. FredErick

She is bland and although she can act – she appears to have no grasp on how to select a role that will intrigue an audience into going to see her films.

November 1, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  3. SKY

LET THE CITY GIRL SING THE COUNTRY SONG.....I HEARD HER SING ONCE AND SHE
    KNOWS WHAT SHE IS SINGING ABOUT......CITY FOLKS LOVE DOLLYWOOD, FISHING IN A POND
    EATEN GRITS AND HAVING FUN....LET THE CITY GIRL SING HER COUNTY SONG...
    PART I I

October 25, 2010 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  4. Smilez

Good Job Young Lady

October 25, 2010 at 6:12 am | Report abuse |
  5. Frank

Gwyneth Paltrow has to be the most boring actress alive. Just...boring as all hell. I have no idea how she got that Oscar.

October 25, 2010 at 6:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Frank

Actually, she's good in the Iron Man movies and I liked her in Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow and Shallow Hal. I just never liked Shakespeare in Love. So I take my comment back. There's worse out there.
      I didn't even remember her being in Se7en.

October 25, 2010 at 6:18 am | Report abuse |
  6. lebrian

Yeah yeah leave her alone

October 25, 2010 at 1:47 am | Report abuse |
  7. SHY

LET THAT CITY GIRL SING THAT COUNTRY SONG, I HEARD HER SING ONCE AND SHE KNOW WHAT SHE
    TALKING ABOUT.....SAY CITY FOLKS LIKE CORNBREAD & BEANS AND GREENS...AND NOW HERES A
    CITY GIRLS WHO IS GOING TO DO HER THING.......SO LET THE GIRL SING HER COUNTRY SONG....

October 24, 2010 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
  8. D

looks like I wont be watching the cma's...

October 24, 2010 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Floria Sigmundi

Country music it's so random she's an Oscar winning actress who lives in England and is married to a British guy

October 24, 2010 at 9:51 pm | Report abuse |
  10. juliet

Amen too that!

October 24, 2010 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  11. mity mo

some dis this gal but she does have more talent than pal madonna. not as much talent as her special genetic makeup might have born but time may tell. Huey Lewis was gracious enuf to tutor her thru Duets. go. grrl try it all. some day you'll find what ur good at!

October 24, 2010 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  12. juliet

I hope she can sing better then her friend madonna , cause that old hag SUCKS!

October 24, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frank

Madonna is an old has-been. She seriously needs to retire before it becomes even more embarrassing.

October 25, 2010 at 6:20 am | Report abuse |
  13. Randall

Yeah wow pot is now legal in the state of California. However federal law over rides state. Have fun with the DEA and federal prison

October 24, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  14. TODOROJO

she is COUNTRY WRONG !!!!

October 24, 2010 at 3:48 pm | Report abuse |
  15. nat

Read she got her oscar starring role by stealing the script from her than bff wynona...

October 24, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Terri

She makes me sick. Her movies suck.

October 24, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  17. CHEEFSFURY

YOU GUYZ JUST WAIT THIS MOVIE IS GONNA BE A LIFETIME MOVIE CLASSIC JUST LIKE MOMMY CAN I SLEEP WITH DANGER

October 22, 2010 at 4:58 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Italia

This woman is so annoying. She never misses a chance to say...ohh me, wonderful me....Most people start at a little bar, then bigger bar, you're not supposed to start at the CMA's...but look I AM STARTING AT THE CMA'S ohhh WONDERFUL ME. She is so annoying. Gross me out. How does Chris Martin stand her. She probably goes on and on about how privileged she is and trys to put him down. Maybe he goes in for that kind of thing. It amazes me that she hangs out with Beyonce and JayZ. I am surprised they can't see through her.

October 22, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • KNSat

Yeah, right, Italia. You who have never met her – and never will -know her SO much better than all her many friends, because, really, everything you read and see via gossip columns and magazines and the paparazzo are SO accurate and real, and celebrities are exactly how the public perceives them to be.

October 22, 2010 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frank

Are you kidding? Beyonce left her bandmates in the dust and didn't even blink twice. So much for 'sisterhood'. Jay-Z just talks about how rich he is. He's just another rich b@stard.

October 25, 2010 at 6:05 am | Report abuse |
  19. BradPitt

Can you say BOTOX!!! Now you know why I dumped her.

October 22, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Paltts

She doesnt use botox u idiot. Ps brad has a little thing you can see on google and that was when G was with Him.

October 22, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Angelina

@Paltts Hey honey bunny, don cha go saying anything bout my braddy boy, or I'll make all my kids come stay with you for a week, then you'll be as crazy as us.

October 22, 2010 at 6:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frank

Lol.

October 25, 2010 at 6:03 am | Report abuse |
  20. MCNIGHT

Can't wait for her movie, she's such a great actress. All her movies are great and I've seen them all 5 times at least.

October 22, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  21. portalpunk

i believe I'm going to have some weiner! weiner! weiner! weiner!! in celebration of the legalization of pot on nov 2 in californiacation.

October 22, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |