Kelly Ripa, Mark Consuelos to star in new comedy
October 21st, 2010

Kelly Ripa, Mark Consuelos to star in new comedy

Daytime talk show host Kelly Ripa is heading back to primetime TV – and she's bringing hubby Mark Consuelos with her. The two are producing, writing and starring in a new comedy for ABC, reports Deadline.com.

The couple's project, "Port Love," is set at a once-popular network series where the cast and crew have more drama in their real lives than the show they work on. Ripa, 40, will continue to do her "Live! With Regis and Kelly" duties while making recurring appearances on "Port Love," and Consuelos, 39,will be a full-time cast member.

This isn't the first time the parents of three have shared screen time. Besides co-starring together (and falling in love) on the ABC soap "All My Children," Consuelos has appeared on Ripa's previous ABC sitcom "Hope & Faith," and filled in for Regis Philbin on her morning chat show.

1. randy

i think kelly has everyone fooled she is all about the money like every other greedy person. She is the spokeswoman for electralux. A company that up a left a small Michigan community a left it devastated, even though the employees gave every thing they were asking for gave up money,vacations, good ins. for one not so good, and they were offered tax breaks in the millions yet they still upped and moved to Mexico they never intended to stay just gave the people false hope all that money they saved going to mexico they went out and signed Miss Ripa to a large endorsement deal i know she does not run the company but she endorses them therefore condones their actions

May 2, 2011 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
  2. Patricia

Could someone please tell me what channel the regis and kelly is on now? I Love there show and i cannot seem to find what channel they are on anymore., What happen to channel five at nine o'clock in the morning? If kelly and mark get a new comedy, I will for sure watch them because i think they are great together!!!

April 7, 2011 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  3. joyce in pa

finally some good comments on kelly and mark
    she is solid muscle, looks great and is a very nice grounded person and he is just about as nice as you can get. they seem to be amazing involved parents with "old school" ethics and set boundaries for their children. good old fashioned middle class values.
    i will watch !!!

October 25, 2010 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Hannah

I can't see this show lasting, Kelly is a terrible actress (hence why her show Hope & Faith got canceled). If Mark is the main cast member then there might be some hope, but god really these two are becoming a little pathetic.

October 23, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Liz in PA

I like them both a lot as people. Kelly has "it" – she's simply magnetic and oozes a positive energy. Mark's talents/gifts/future on the other hand is likely behind the camera even though he has a good "look" he does not draw an audience. I have my doubts that this will be a keeper and hope they stop trying to push his on-camera career and move forward. It makes me feel bad.

October 25, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  5. kiki

I love when the act together. I think the show will be great.

October 22, 2010 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  6. Londongirl

I think Kelly is fantastic and I love Mark...they are magic together...Just one thing Kelly: you are naturally funny so please don't overact...you overacted a lot in 'Hope and Faith'. You're much too good for that – your acting was too over-the-top. I wish you both the very best of luck with the new show and I hope it is a great success. I am a fan of both of you and look forward to the show.

October 22, 2010 at 1:06 am | Report abuse |
  7. jillmarie

How great to hear about a comedy I know I'll want to watch. I'm a big fan of theirs. Can't wait!!!

October 21, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Caroline

What an adorable couple. I'm glad to hear that they will be working together again. They inter-act really well, and if they are half as funny on their new show are they are in real life, then it should be fun to watch.

October 21, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Angela

Are they having Auditions for the Show!

October 21, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Debi

I'm so glad to hear that "The Couple", Kelly and Mark will be back on TV. The're a wonderful couple and great parents to their three children! I watch Regis and Kelly each day, they work so well together and are constantly making me laugh!

October 21, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Chuck

Beautiful couple. On another note, it seems to me that Regis is 'sort of losing it' lately. Many, many little mistakes that seem to go with 'the old age' disease. I say this with all due respect but too many times Kelly has to jump in to 'save him.'

October 21, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Carroll

Great! Nice that she and they are developing acting and producing. Hope it;s nice thow. I'll watch again and they look good together.

October 21, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  13. mimi

Good for them..I know its kind of morbid but Regis isgetting pretty old and once hes gone that show is over with!

October 21, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  14. Breeanna Hare, CNN.com writer

Hey guys! You're all totally right - Mark is indeed not 10 years younger than Kelly Ripa. Thanks!

October 21, 2010 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  15. Marin

I've always liked her also, but dang, Kelly! Eat something! Much more appealing before she became just another stick-figure...

October 21, 2010 at 11:31 am | Report abuse |
  16. Josh

I've always liked her. She seems like a nice, stable, normal kinda lady.

October 21, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  17. A

Mark turns 40 in March. She just turned 40 earlier this month

October 21, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  18. Davanita

Uh, hello. Mark is NOT 10 years younger than Kelly. That means he would have been something like 15 when they got married.

October 21, 2010 at 10:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Carroll

Where did you read Mark was 10 yrs younger than Kelly? It reads one year or months differance.

October 21, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  19. christine

Mark is not 30!

October 21, 2010 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  20. Susan

Awesome. When I first saw the headline with their names I was worried they were divorcing. It's nice to see they are making a show and not splitting.

October 21, 2010 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |