Who do you want to see as the first 'Conan' guest?
October 20th, 2010

Who do you want to see as the first 'Conan' guest?

It's a big day for Conan O'Brien fans. Beginning at 1 p.m. ET today, the talk show host will launch his Live Coco Cam, which will take fans behind the scenes at Team Coco for 24 hours.

As if that weren't interactive enough, O'Brien has set up a poll that allows viewers to choose who they would like to see as the very first guest on the November 8 premiere of his TBS show "Conan."

Among the candidates: Pope Benedict XVI, Justin Bieber, The Sultan of Brunei, the cast of the 2004 live-action "Fat Albert" movie, REO Speedwagon, and Arlene Wagner, the curator of Oregon's Leavenworth Nutcracker Museum.

The only hitch? "None of these people have actually been booked on our show," reports the Team Coco site. "For one reason or another, we haven't contacted any of these people - In fact, we're kind of hoping that, if someone on this poll starts getting a lot of votes, these folks will actually feel a bit guilty and will agree to be our first guest!!"

Whoever gets the honor will be greeted by O'Brien's newly named Basic Cable Band, which will be led by Jimmy Vivino and made up of the same musicians who played for the funnyman's NBC shows.

1. T-2000

Pee Wee Herman would also be a good guest the first week.

October 22, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  2. T-2000

IN THE YEAR 2000!!!

October 22, 2010 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  3. T-2000

I miss Pimpbot 2000.

October 21, 2010 at 6:41 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Lexie

Summed in two works....who care!

October 21, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  5. T-2000

The Legally Prohibitted Tour was great. Evander Holyfield was on stage at the Atlanta show. The best moment was when "Self-Pleasuring Bear" came on stage. He's my hero.

October 21, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  6. T-2000

I almost forgot to put who Conan should have as his main guests. The #1 guest has to be CHUCK NORRIS. Any true Conan fan knows that. Next he should interview Kanye West & Taylor Swift together. Finally, his musical guest should be AC/DC. I would have them perform "For Those Who Love To Rock (We Salute You)" with Triumph The Insult Comic Dog playing with the band. I dont think anybody could beat my lineup. His ratings would go through the roof. Oh yeah, to anybody out there who doesnt like Conan I have only one thing to say. YOU ARE A BIG MEANY AND A POOTY HEAD! CONAN RULES!!

October 21, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  7. T-2000

I love Conan, he's always been funny to me. I got to see him live June 14th when he came to The Fox Theatre in Atlanta. Like someone said a few comments ago he should have a regular person as one of his first guests. If not the first night maybe sometime that first week. Conan should have a contest online to decide what person will be his guest. Whoever answers the most correct questions about Conan and his show would be the winner. I know I would win that because I know everything about Conan. Be Cool My Babies!

October 21, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Lili

I want to see Gareth David-Lloyd as Conan's first guest!

October 21, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  9. jpip

In arguments of opinion, there is no argument.
    I would like to say that reading this thread is pretty damn funny and thoroughly amusing.
    "I like Conan" "I don't like Conan, you're stupid" "No, you're stupid for not liking Conan" "you're a doo-doo head" "no, you're a doo-doo head"...ad nauseam...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

October 21, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  10. Spiker715

I'm sure he is a nice guy however, I'm sick of him being portrayed as a victim. Jay had the #1 late night show for years then was asked to step aside so they could give it to Conan, yet Jay has been made to look like the bad guy. Really? What if a similar situation happened to any of us in our job....we're doing great, then we're asked to step aside so our job can be given to someone else, they suck at it, then we get our job back. Conan with his 10's of millions, is no victim. This is all the fault of NBC.

October 21, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  11. Joe

Somebody who is funny, because Conan sure as heck isn't.

October 21, 2010 at 9:59 am | Report abuse |
  12. Caroline

Geroge Lopez. The guy gave up his time slot to Conan, which was really cool of him, plus he's funny. I'm glad Conan is coming back, much better then the dueling egos of Letterman and Leno.

October 21, 2010 at 9:15 am | Report abuse |
  13. Durk

Conan's ratings weren't bad, Leno's followers didn't follow him to his 10pm time slot and the affiliates were rioting to NBC because reruns were getting better ratings than Leno's new show leading into the 11pm news. Have fun watching Leno read newspaper clippings and asking people who the 2nd president was on the streets of Burbank.

October 21, 2010 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
  14. Jack Custard

R.E.O. all the way! And Elvis. And Leno!

October 21, 2010 at 8:09 am | Report abuse |
  15. kk

Conan is funny, witty and a nice guy. I used to like Leno until he stabbed his "friend" in the back and showed his true character. Letterman is just a narcissist jerk. When John McCain cancelled his guest appearance, Letterman ripped him as if he was doing McCain a favor and wouldn't offer him the honor of being on his show again. And let's not forget the cheating on his wife thing. He made a joke of that too. Ugly freakin toad is lucky he's rich or his women would have four legs.

October 21, 2010 at 6:09 am | Report abuse |
  16. Joe C

First night?
    I want to see Jan Michael Vincent and Earnest Borgnine fly to the studio on Airwolf get out, serenade Conan with the opening to "The Greatest American Hero", then introduce Salman Rushide who will give Conan his Super Bowl predictions.
    That's what I want.

October 21, 2010 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |
  17. Justin Facks

A guest only Conan can produce, Elvis.

October 21, 2010 at 12:55 am | Report abuse |
  18. daniel

i've watched conan for years, he has his own style of comedy and entertainment and it's not for everyone but i love it, they should have gave him more time to establish an audience on the tonight show i think he is way more entertaining then jay leno. Can't wait for the new show. Good luck conan we love you!

October 20, 2010 at 11:47 pm | Report abuse |
  19. matt

The 1st show should have the pope, so he can bless the show. The have the men of late night. Jimmy, jay, Dave, the other jimmy, craig, and george.

October 20, 2010 at 11:41 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Andy1619

Conan is a pathetic, egomaniacal, incompetent excuse for a comedian who ripped off NBC over 40 million dollars.

Jon Stewart is funny a lot of the time, even though he is a bit too loud and vulgar.

October 20, 2010 at 10:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • E

"even though he is a bit too loud and vulgar"

There's your problem right there....

October 21, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
  21. kayd

I love Conan! Could not be more happy that he is back! Suprise us Conan!

October 20, 2010 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  22. pmm

why are you people arguing about comedy? It's supposed to be funny, to make you laugh. Put your politics and religions away for just one day and open your eyes and ears.

October 20, 2010 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Loud Noises

Jim Gaffigan should be on his show. WITH new Pale Force cartoons.

October 20, 2010 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  24. JustSayin...

Leavenworth is in Washington, not Oregon.

October 20, 2010 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Carmelita

I for one am so glad that Conan is coming back! He got robbed of the tonight show! And, b4 you say it's b/c of the ratings, they didn't even give him a chance to make the show his own and get the following that I'm sure he would have. And, to top it off Jay Leno's ratings right now are WORSE than Conans! Gimme a break jake! Waiting w/ bells on for you Conan! ♥

October 20, 2010 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Really?

I don't understand why anyone finds this crackpot funny? His "show" is a waste of TV time, and he's a waste of human flesh. I hope he gets run over by a bus.

October 20, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  27. the_dude

When they said "team coco" I though this was going to be about Ice-T's wife. NOt this tard again...

October 20, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
  28. A

President Obama, of course! Even if he were understandably fed in via satellite.

October 20, 2010 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Don

I think I would make a good guest. Im funny and a normal person that has nothing to offer but want to paty with Conan. Leno's a chump thats out of touch with us normal folk. Cant wait to see the real late show!

October 20, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Stinkfoot

Chuck Norris, Triumph and Tom Selleck

October 20, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Samantha

grow up folks, the reason Conan got axed from the tonight show is his ratings sucked.

October 20, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • ll

UPDATE! Leno's ratings are worse then Conan's were at the time slot. HMM..

October 22, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  32. remy

how about the schmuck that made the decision to invite leno back ...........

October 20, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  33. pattie

Well, I want to see Obama,I think that would be funny

October 20, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  34. keith

I just can't watch "Coco The Spinning Clown"

Late night with Conan O'Brien was pretty good but he looked like a deer in the headlights on The Tonite Show.

I've had enough.

October 20, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  35. C

Yes.. we have problems with our economy.. and CLEARLY putting Conan back on the air is just going to ruin us.. has anyone notified TBS of this yet??

October 20, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Roland

Let's see Jay do a remote guest appearance.

October 20, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Ima

I Love Conan. He got such a raw deal. Best of luck. Go shocking-Sur-prise us!

October 20, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  38. tjcoco

Life is serious!! No time for comedy, hah.... Please, you knew what you were getting into when you opened this article

October 20, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Kim

Conan is not funny. He appeals to college kids, but he is not reallly funny
    to anyone else.

October 20, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • LIZZY

that is your little tiny opnion!

October 20, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • A

Agreed, Kim.

October 20, 2010 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andy

I'm 50 and find him funny, so I guess that makes you wrong.

October 20, 2010 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • JR

Who do you think is funny? Jay Leno? Last time I checked his brand wasn't "smart" comedy. Why does it bother you so much that he has a show? Why do you even care who his audience is? If you don't find him funny, then don't watch...or read articles about him!

October 20, 2010 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ross

I agree – obrien SUX

October 20, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • C

41 here and find him hillarious (most of the time)... guess you're wrong.

October 20, 2010 at 7:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Scott

Kim, you should say "I don't think Conan is funny" instead of "Conan is not funny" because that's really just your opinion, isn't it? See, I think Conan is funny, and I think Leno is boring and his mannerisms are annoying.

Then you say "He appeals to college kids, but he is not reallly funny to anyone else." Really? You're an expert, huh? How did you come to that conclusion? Did you do a survey? I'm in my forties, and I LOVED his previous shows, and can't wait to see this one.

October 20, 2010 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • lilcjoy

Conan has been in my life on television for many years. He IS funny and I am not a "college kid". I have always enjoyed him and his show. I suggest Ron Pearlman from The Sons of Anarchy.

October 20, 2010 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jen

I'm 36, so I'm far from a college student, and I think Conan is hysterical.

October 21, 2010 at 2:31 am | Report abuse |
    • Bernfos

Your logic is absolute. Since you probably possess a GED; a college-level intellect is something you lack, therefore your conclusion is correct in your assessment. Bravo.

October 21, 2010 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
    • JayM

Umm, I'm 31 years old and think Conan is the most entertaining late night host by a good margin. Lets not generalize outside of our own little box, based on our individual opinions, alright?

October 21, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
    • MrBo

34 here
      Conan is hilarious.

If you had gone to the "Legally Prohibited From Being Funny on Television Tour" you would have seen a rather varied cross section of the populace, quite different from your narrow-minded perception of reality.

But good job on talking out of your rear end.

October 21, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Kathy

You know there are more important things we need to worry about with the economy and stuff, right? Why are u talking about inane stuff?

October 20, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sean

Shut up and get out of the ENTERTAINMENT section!!

October 20, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mr.Speed

Kathy,

Some of us... Actually, most of us like the entertainment section for THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWS.
      If you want to wring your hands and worry about the the economy take it over to the polictical pages.
      Then again, I can see where some one so ignorant got confused as Politics really IS another form of COMEDIC ENERTAINMENT these days.

October 20, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • MrBo

Some of us have enough brain to both enjoy the entertainment section, and also be interested and up to date on more serious matters.

SHOCKING, isn't it?

October 21, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  41. joe

I want to see Paget Brewster!

October 20, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  42. ks

Don't care. I think he's an idiot myself. Would not watch him if he was the last comic on earth

October 20, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jeana

Yet you took the time to read the article.....me thinks you don't what you like.

October 20, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Beavis

good thing the intelligent people of the world don't depend on your logical reasoning to determine who is funny.

October 21, 2010 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
    • William

I agree, he is not funny.

October 21, 2010 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • MrBo

You don't like Conan, so you're reading an article about his new show.
      Makes sense...

October 21, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  43. tjcoco

Leno would be funny, but Ill go with jennifer lopez

October 20, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  44. cheefsfury

I WANNA SEE LENO

October 20, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Ross

I hope YOU choke on one

October 20, 2010 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Susan - Canada

I doubt he would choke on a "pupic" hair...whatever that is??

October 20, 2010 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Scottie V

Susan, now, don't be dense....it's obviously the hair of a pupae

October 21, 2010 at 3:17 am | Report abuse |