T.I. gets axed by AXE
October 20th, 2010

T.I. gets axed by AXE

AXE, a line of hair and body products for men, has announced they’ll no longer feature rapper T.I. in promotional campaigns.

The decision was reached after a federal judge found the rapper guilty of violating his probation on Friday, ordering him back to prison for 11 months.

Unilever told CNN, "We will no longer feature T.I. in our promotional campaigns."

The company added, “AXE is committed to respecting and upholding the law and promoting a positive image to consumers.”

The company first addressed the issue back in September when T.I. was arrested on suspicion of drug possession. They said they planned to review their relationship with the rapper who they originally partnered with because they were “encouraged that the entertainer was working to become a more positive role model for others.”

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. platinum

people need to not judge another human being for what mistakes that he or she makes.You should have something positive to say to help them. now what is goin on with them pray and let god help them. and pray that they recieve the help.thats why god is so lovin and forgiven, cause man kind is heartless.just hope that one day you are not in that position, you would want someone to understand you and help you. Well the bottom line is have a heart for people and what they are facing.Because you dont want to find yourself down and out. Have a blessed day.

October 21, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  2. vern

Im sorry AJ but it is about racism . Either u must b white and dont think racism xist or u r black and grew up around a bunch of white folks and dont know ur heritage. How many times does lindsa6 violate her probation ? The last time I checked she was free as a white person !

October 21, 2010 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Rthrrlz

She had a drug charge in California. He was on FEDERAL probation. Have you ever heard of a federal judge being "understanding?"

October 21, 2010 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  3. AXE has standards?

They sure do, judging by their commercials. -.-'

October 21, 2010 at 10:01 am | Report abuse |
  4. That Dude

I get all I need right here. http://www.clicktown.net

October 21, 2010 at 9:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Rthrrlz

How do you know he was in a limo? Got a copy of the charge or police report?

October 21, 2010 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  5. SRP

They were gunning 4 him! How many limos do u c get pulled over?!

October 21, 2010 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  6. angel

Give d man a break pls and help him what's with d jail issues all d time

October 21, 2010 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  7. angel

I think d law should help him with his drug problem instead of taking him back to jail

October 21, 2010 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  8. B

Everyone posting should look up the difference between probation & parole. Not the same thing. This could explain why he was treated differently than Lohan & Hilton.

October 21, 2010 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  9. Just Deidra

Now let me tell you the truth about me in 1999 I was charged with 3 1st Degree Felonies in Dallas,Tx.and I was only given 6yrs but I only did 6months in prison and got out on probation for the remander.My 1st violation Iwas given 90 days for a dirty UA. My 2nd violation I did 4days in jail for not reporting for 3yrs and b4 you call me a lie here are the case #, F99-23671U,F99-23732U,F99-23677U look them up in Dallas,Tx.I said that to say this I violated twice and didn't get 11months.What's wrong with that picture?

October 21, 2010 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  10. white boy

maybe he should of tried to get OJ Simpsons defense team. that dude almost cut off two peoples heads and walked.

October 21, 2010 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  11. T-2000

IT'S GUCCI TIME!!!

October 21, 2010 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  12. tired of all this

I hate when black people play the race card. They are the only ones that stll bring it up.. Oh he went to jail because hes black um no he went to jail because he was a stupid black man and kept getting caught. White people go to jail for drugs all the time. Maybe he should have went to jail longer over the guns. if people keep playing the race card America will never change, because thats all black people have to do is well im black thats why shut up and get over it

October 21, 2010 at 8:34 am | Report abuse |
    • Coco

Racism isn't you "get over." It's something you deal with because, unfortunately, it DOES exist and until you've experienced it, you can never really know how it affects you. Does TI's case warrant a march on Washington due to what some might say was "unfair" treatment? He brought this on himself–it has nothing to do with race. But don't get it twisted and assume that racism is just an excuse the African Americans use to "get-off." It's a real problem that we face daily. So no, we can't just "get over it."

October 21, 2010 at 9:57 am | Report abuse |
  13. k-dogg

It's too late to cry fowl he should have address his drug problem when he first went to jail and axe should have axed him then

October 21, 2010 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
  14. Ms B$B$

I have read all the comments but did anyone fail to reliaze 1st the driver got them caught for making an illegal U-turn!!! not saying what him n his wife were doing is ok but T.I. WASNT DRIVING!! and 2nd of course to keep his family out the light once again he took the rap for the crime and u have to remember he is serving time in Club Fed. n if he is serious about getting help i guarantee he will receive it in there....And as for the comment that we need to banned together as a black race...lol..u must forgot OUR PRESIDENT IS BLACK!!!! NOW IF THATS NOT A BANNED THEN I DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

October 21, 2010 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
  15. davis h

I feel like axe did the eight thing. They want to promote a good and clean campaign, so its better if to got his act together and started rapping again and make new songs. Good rapped

October 21, 2010 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
  16. Michelle

Its really sad that race ever has to be brought up or that ppl still feel the same as above. Its like back to square one where we never go anywhere with abolishing or at least minimizing racism. (wether it is black or hispanik ect) Im white and dont understand why white people think they are so much better then people of different races. Its shameful! Well this is my thought on TI. I dont even know this guys music and only know of him cause he has been in the news. Whatever the judge gave him its over and done with BUT if TI feels he needs Rehab then he should of went BEFoRE he slipped and got caught given he got away with hard time the first time. Why do all these celebs tell the judge they need rehab over jail if they didnt think that before they got caught yet once again? im not saying jail is better than rehab but it always happens where the judge gives jail time. This is an idea! If TI really thinks he needs rehab he can go to rehab after jail! If he REALLY wants help from rehab he will go anytime, on his own, not ordered and if he feels he needed rehab over jail he will still need it after jail given they always say jail doesnt make you better, it makes you worse. Though I say Good Luck to you, TI!

October 21, 2010 at 6:19 am | Report abuse |
  17. Barbara

How hypocritical. What TI did was wrong and stupid but to be judged by a company that just had the most disgusting, inappropriate, piece of crap commercial on is a joke. TI used drugs but Axe brought double entendres about mens balls to the tv screen to be seen by kids and that made many families very uncomfortable. Personally I think families shold boycott the use of Axe products.

October 21, 2010 at 5:32 am | Report abuse |
  18. Jimmy

Why are blacks so quick to play the race card? His orignal charge carries a 30 year sentence, but he got out in a year. No one called that racisim. He got that sentence because of the community acts he did trying to keep kids from gangs, drugs, and other crimes. Now that he has been arrested and tested positive for drugs(on parole) its all of a sudden a crime against blacks, because he is black. Not one person can truthfully say why "others"(whites) in this forum have gotten off pretty easy. News flash folks, they weren't orgunally arrested for trying to buy a aresanal of weapons. The time from the original crime didn't fit, but no one but up in arms about that. Stop being dumb and playing the race card and look at the crime.

October 21, 2010 at 4:22 am | Report abuse |
  19. white man

I agree white girl. Most of them are too lazy to vote in nov? They are so easy to brainwash. America is really telling them how we feel about you. We should have started the tea party against bush. ALL THIS IS COMMON SENSE. Look how we are treating your president? we still dont trust you with the country. WE ARE ANGRY AND WILL DEFEAT IT TILL THE END. In our eyes racism will play a big part till the end of time.

October 21, 2010 at 4:21 am | Report abuse |
    • Frank

White girl/white man, shut the hell up. You're both the same grammatically challenged troll. So back to Stormfront with your Christian Ident!ty friends.

October 21, 2010 at 4:36 am | Report abuse |
  20. white girl

*Stop being uncle toms and crabs at the bottle of the barrel. Stop blaming us for your problems and look in the mirror. THERE YOU WILL FIND THE ANSWER. Yes I have a problem with african america stupidity.*

October 21, 2010 at 3:46 am | Report abuse |
  21. white girl

IT'S Soo SAD TO BE BLACK. YOU GUYS ARE SO DEPRESSING . UNFORTUNATELY 99% OF YOU SUFFER FROM curse of Wille Lynch. DONT YOU SEEWE ARE PRILVEGE PEOPLE. Can you think of any white celebrity that went back to jail for 11 months for drugs? (rock band ,gothic,etc). 'NO'The guy who made the comment about this was Correct. AS LONG AS BLKS LIVE YOU WILL HAVE A PROBLEM WITH STRIKE AGAINST YOU.THE PROBLEM WITH YOUR FOLKS IS NOT ENOUGH UNITY. YOUR MEN ARE WEAK. These are the only men that are us. NO OTHER CULTURE IS LEAVING THEIR WOMEN AT SUCH ALARMING RATE. FIRST IT WAS THE BROWN SISTER, THEN LIGHT SKIN NOW US. Iguess you always will desre mas-sa left overs. All this to say start supporting your race and stick together. Some of you african americans dont even like africans. They are more structured. I think you need to start a dialouge with them. Then come together. You will be a stronger race of people.

October 21, 2010 at 3:40 am | Report abuse |
    • beracreme@yahoo.com

white girl you are just that a white girl! Sionce you have never been Black, Brown or any shade that has a color. STAND DOWN YOU CLOWN!!!!!!!!!!

October 21, 2010 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  22. Mek-Mek

For One If You Were A Tru Fan Of T.I,You Would Know He Did Not Have Meth .Everyone Is So Judge Mental.T.I.Didnt No More Than What Some Others Due,Or Will Do.T.I.You Keep Your Head Up N Wish You The Best To You N Your Family.I Will Continue To Be A Fan N Always N Much Love N Support To You N Your Family Once Again.Take Care.Mek-Mek .Just Like T.I.Stated N His Song Motivation "Haters Get On Your Job".Get Off His D****.

October 21, 2010 at 3:21 am | Report abuse |
  23. deathb4dishonor

For the record t.I. Is not only black but spanish as well. That has nothing to do with this situation. He got caught wit some pills and green and ya all gonna hate him? 95% of u have or do get high. Paris and lindsay got off because they cry and plead then nail the da. TI is true to his music listen to the lyrics. He is just in so much trouble cuZ he has 8 felonys for growin up in the hood and supporting his fam. That is wat he does best. But live ur so called "perfect" drug free violence free life.

October 21, 2010 at 2:57 am | Report abuse |
  24. valerie

You know, it is absolutely twisted that glorified criminal activity is cool. Its not cool to be a gangsta, its not cool to be a drug user, and honestly all this BS over TI and Lindsay just make it look bad to most for the real, poor, non famous, "ugly" people who use drugs because they have REAL issues that CAN range from anything from molestation to being abused to the point where you want to escape yourself. Every drug ABUSER needs help and those who get help and screw up need to be punished. Plain and simple. And if everyone in america honestly believed it, then they would practice it. And we wouldn't be blaming race on celebrities getting off easy. Kids need good examples to follow, and if young people are digging you, then you need to use that for good not living a tutorial on how to get off easy. And honestly, if you are supposed to be a role model then the standards should be higher because your actions are an impact on todays society (if it weren't this board wouldn't exist) Gee, and we wonder why the crime rates are high......parents need to do their job in teaching morality and respect too.

October 21, 2010 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
  25. jentree

And yeah, I accidentally spelled grammatically incorrectly, so what. I caught my mistake.

October 21, 2010 at 2:09 am | Report abuse |
  26. jentree

Whomever it was that jumped my case about being grammactically incorrect needs to scroll back up and look at the comments. My name is directly above my post, not below! I didn't say a SINGLE thing about rap being dead and I didn't make any mistakes to make me sound less intelligent than what I am so you need to back off and quit trying to bully people into corners that you don't even know and get your facts straight.

October 21, 2010 at 2:08 am | Report abuse |
  27. a.c

Just Pray 4 Him And Move On Instead Of Being So Darn Judgemental!

October 21, 2010 at 2:05 am | Report abuse |
  28. LUCKY

and the stuff lohan did is the same but due to skin color the court went a totally different way with her case

October 21, 2010 at 1:59 am | Report abuse |
  29. a.c

Let He Who Is W/o Sin Cast The 1st Stone ! Judge Not Lest Ye Be Judge 1st ! And No 1 Is Perfect! People Who Live In Glass Houses Should Not Throw Stones! Unless U Have Been Perfect Ur Whole Life U have On Room 2 Judge. 2 Err Is Human No Matter Wat Ur Race! Sweep Around Ur Own Front Door B4 U Try 2 Sweep Around Others. U Will B Amazed At Da Crap U Will Come Up With ! If U Do Da Crime Man Up And Do Da Time No Matter Wat Ur Race Or Gender ! Point Blank Period !

October 21, 2010 at 1:57 am | Report abuse |
  30. LUCKY

for all of you who really think this world is not about race you got the same meth problem ti has because if your not black you wouldnt understand because you try to make something out of yourself like ti did and to some whites that is a crime because to them bein black with money and fame is not suppose to happen and if you dont believe race is an issue walk into a restaurant are a car dealer at the same time with a black person and see who gets service first

October 21, 2010 at 1:56 am | Report abuse |
  31. joaquin bazan

All you people that had something bad to say about T.I. Are just jealous ass haters.the person that said she's happy that he's in jail is just a hater because T.I's wife is prettier than she is. Haha, stop hating people. He's not hurting anybody but his family and himself.

October 21, 2010 at 1:29 am | Report abuse |
  32. humbleone

"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone"...... I don't see color, I see a man; nor am I offended by the total ignorance of people who say things like "ni*%@" and "just kill him". These are the individuals who will beg for a drop of water while burning in an eternal fire because they have NO compassion. That alone gives me comfort. HAGO ;)

October 21, 2010 at 1:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Giz

You really don't sound humble to me, in fact, you sound pretty arrogant, like most "christians" I know.

October 21, 2010 at 4:25 am | Report abuse |
  33. mike

2pac went to jail cause he was black. TI aint shiiii and he's not talented

P.s. RIP 2PAC

October 21, 2010 at 1:27 am | Report abuse |
  34. Just Dee

Out of all the comments I never once heard nobody say Pray for T.I. and his family, the man needs help yall stop bashing him,but I understand some of you have to talk about others in order to feel good about yourselves. from a Proud Black Woman!!!!!

October 21, 2010 at 1:21 am | Report abuse |
  35. jerry nelson

i love t.i. u just got caught slippin boss player. but really i think it was ya wife's u just taken the heat so your beautiful kids want get taken by the state, which is cool. respect

October 21, 2010 at 1:16 am | Report abuse |
  36. White guy2010

Just execute him Repeat offender isn't going to stop his old ways. Kill him. Better off anyway he's got no talent

October 21, 2010 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
  37. lizzy

WFT!!!!! sum of you need to grow the f*** up!!! he made another stupid mistake!!! he feels about tht! i like T I! I will be on his side for a long time! hes a gud rapper. and rappers are artist! just becuz he mad another stupid mistake dnt amke him all bad!!!!! i kno tht he made sum gud choices in his life!!!! they need to let him gud!! i kno tht he needs to go to rehab!! im sure tht he wants to be gud!!! i dnt like those comments sum of you made about black ppl!!! im always gunna be on the black side!!!!!!

October 21, 2010 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  38. Axeislame

Double pits to chesty!!!!!!!!

October 21, 2010 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  39. patricia lumaava

This should be a lesson to all up and coming artists who make it big! Don't be like T.I!!! Lock him up along with his ugly wife...

October 21, 2010 at 12:32 am | Report abuse |
  40. lizzy

WFT!!!!!! sum of u need to grow the f***!!!! i like T I. i think hes a gud rapper. and rappers artist!!!! he made another stupid mistake! hes sry for it. yea he has to rehab but i kno he wants to be a better person! i will be on his side for a long! and i kno a buch of other people will agree with me! he still has hundreds of fans out there! he may have made miskates but just becuz he made another stupid miskate dnt mean hes all bad. i kno tht he made gud choices in his life. and i may be a white person but i dnt like sum of things tht sum of you guys said about black ppl! im all for black ppl! im always gunna be on T Is side nd blakc ppls side!

October 21, 2010 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  41. £¤€u$±

Lol @ race card, the guy is far from a saint. He breaks laws and gets busted. Did the color of his skin make him break the law? Of course not,otherwise every black would be in jail. Its this own mans stupid decisions that landed him where he is. Doesn't mean that there is no rascism, but I hardly think that it applies in this particular situation.

October 21, 2010 at 12:19 am | Report abuse |
  42. patricia lumaava

T.I who? Todays kids need positive role models! Not someone like T.I. He's not even a good rapper.
    I'm so happy he's locked up. And stop using the race card. He broke the law, he goes to jail!! Serves him right. And take your ugly wife with you!!!!

October 21, 2010 at 12:14 am | Report abuse |
  43. cp

didnt lindsey violate probation 2 times!! nothing happened to her! lets see if they use the same excuse the prison was ovr capacity!

October 21, 2010 at 12:06 am | Report abuse |
  44. Mary

This is not about race. Is about his endorsement wit axe.

October 20, 2010 at 11:53 pm | Report abuse |
  45. ant

t.i was just chillin he just forgot to bring the axe instead he brought some meth he confascated from a fan

October 20, 2010 at 11:44 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Lost

What did ty say that was racist?

October 20, 2010 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  47. pumkin

TI originally went to prison for the purchase of firerms in agrocery store parking lot. His sentence was reduced with the agreement that he would get in additonal trouble including fooling with drugs. Since he was give a light sentence on his federal offense the violation of his probation carried a stiff penalty. TI had a choice and knew the consequences.

October 20, 2010 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  48. jake

oh there's all the racists. Justate when people try to make something out as racism just because of ones race.

October 20, 2010 at 11:33 pm | Report abuse |
  49. melve

Its just sad sad sad why does this man have to be targeted so much!! when overlooked celebrities get away with so much i think this situation is so petty petty petty just leave this man alone.

October 20, 2010 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
  50. anna1

i was disgusted over his recent arrest. T.I. had so many people cheering him on and he disappointed many. we need to stop comparing him to lindsay and paris. he was wrong....period. if help for addiction was what he really wanted, he could have completed a program on his own by now. don't seek help only when ur caught. this should have been one of the first things he did when he got out! everything is not always about race. a crime is nonselective....a crime is a crime no matter who commits it. and for the record,if you know the law doesnt favor minorities black folk, we should strive harder to remain free from the clutches of the criminal justice system....

October 20, 2010 at 11:28 pm | Report abuse |
  51. me

He committed a federal crime! And did 1/3 of the time he should have done. He bought machine guns!!! U don't buy machine guns for protection!! Then he went and violated the terms of his probation. And in the process he let the kids down that he was "helping". And what kind of friends and wife does he have if they just sit back and watch him violate his probation knowing what the consequences could be!

October 20, 2010 at 11:22 pm | Report abuse |
  52. luciver

He got caught end of story

October 20, 2010 at 11:18 pm | Report abuse |
  53. razor ramon

They watch him because t.i. has money to burn!!!!! If he was a bum they would look the a other way. Cash rules everything around me.

October 20, 2010 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
  54. some dude

Is this the same TI who just talked a dude down off a ledge?? That alone should give the guy a pass.

October 20, 2010 at 10:50 pm | Report abuse |
  55. pbaby

Ya'll need to lay off TI he did nothin to ya'll and personally aint nothin wrong wit rap music or him nobody asked ya'll to listen to it either and lindsay and paris did get off easy went to rehab and still doin da same mess but ya'll on his nuts and no i aint racist but cause i got plenty of white friends but most of ya'll go to jail for more serious mess and crazier mess den we do so ya'll have no room to talk and everybody makes mistakes u neva know wat anybody will do

October 20, 2010 at 10:47 pm | Report abuse |
  56. freee

All you people are dumb! 1) He was never on parole he was on probation. 2) if he would of never saved that guys life 95% of you writing on this blog would of probably never heard of him. 3) yeah he violated probation which is dumb on his part but why are all you people judging the man . Like one person said on here he isn't hurting anyone but himself and his family. 4) Paris Hilton and Lindsay Lohan are spoiled dumb girls who think they can do whatever drive drunk or under the influence and put innocent people in danger. Have any of you heard them try to be good role models for our youth??? NOPE! At least T.I tried but let the drugs take over his life its what drugs do! Stupid people!

October 20, 2010 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  57. amy

How does he go back but paris hliton still on the streets. She should do her community service by serving T.I.s sentnece.. Wheres the justice?

October 20, 2010 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
  58. nolagurl

When ur brother stumbles u are to restore him with the love of Christ.

October 20, 2010 at 10:14 pm | Report abuse |
  59. fratboy

ti will be cool if got rid of that werewolf he call a wife

October 20, 2010 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  60. fratboy

that happen to me too i got ax by axe because i hate gay waiters

October 20, 2010 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Jo

Mans an idiot.

October 20, 2010 at 10:02 pm | Report abuse |
  62. fratboy

all ya,ll gay

October 20, 2010 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  63. James

HE SAVED A PERSON'S LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Let him go!!!
    Going to jail is so that a person can shape up their morale while they are in prison, he saved a person's life!!
    What is greater morale than saving a person's life???
    This is ridiculous that he has to go to jail.
    I'm not a fan of T.I., never heard his music, but the decisions is really bogus.

October 20, 2010 at 10:00 pm | Report abuse |
  64. krista

i understand that braking the law is a bad thing,but most of you people will never know how hard it is when your not raised the right way or grow up where i grew up. and im not even black but im from "the hood" and you have to do things to protect yourself ( hence the weapons charges ) who want to be the one angel in a world full of devils thats suicide,and as the drug charge goes jail isnt gonna do s*it he needs rehab and thats what he should have got. it is black and white trust me i see it everyday

October 20, 2010 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  65. frank

Dongle is the best word and t.i is a tweaker.

October 20, 2010 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Peachy

Ti should be thankful that 11 months is all that he was given. Any of us regular folks would have been given a lot more than that. It is all about status. Just look at Michael Douglas' son and how much time he is serving for the crimes he committed.

October 20, 2010 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  67. SNF

THE BEST COMMENT EVER LMAO... Ha!

Paris Hilton didn’t go to jail because she blew the cops and the judges. No one wants a blow-job from T.I.

Johnny Bravo

October 20, 2010 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
  68. tj loddi

Why yall wanta be haterz nd do a niqqa lyke dhat if It wuz white perzon yall give a fine nd be okaii. Lowdown dirty nd jealouz

October 20, 2010 at 9:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Vezalo

FEDERAL PROBATION. Any other questions? Feds don't play. If it was state or local probation, yes he probably would have gotten time served and a fine. You can't do drugs while on probation.

October 21, 2010 at 7:22 am | Report abuse |
  69. jeff

He got what he deserves and thats that he is not above the law noone is above the law

October 20, 2010 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  70. bornin69

wow.. i am amazed at how many of you called the race card, all of this from an axe endorsement. he was wrong and the system always dictates the outcome. money and status does have alot to do with it and like so many he was wrong, but he is also human. we all can agree and disagree all day but its sad that so much racism runs so deep in our country.

October 20, 2010 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  71. humbleone

What's ignorant??? Being on CNN being disrespectful and mean to other human beings over an individual who does not know you, never will, and will still be a millionaire regardless of what any of us thinks; get a life!!!

October 20, 2010 at 8:50 pm | Report abuse |
  72. june

This is insane! I am an African American woman that believes that racism exists but that is not what put TI in jail. Pure arrogance did that. After having an extensive criminal history this man becomes successful in the music industry and what does he do? Get caught purchasing firearms. After serving less federal time than he should have he gets released and has a 2nd chance. What does he do? Get arrested with drugs??? Some people just can't be helped. People need to stop making excuses for bad behavior, regardless of race.

October 20, 2010 at 8:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Coco

I totally agree with you June! You make your bed, you lie in it. Is racism alive and well in this country–absolutely. But when you make bad decisions for you and your family, you ar charged to face the consequences of those decisions. The race card is then trumped by fact and justice. TI didn't play the game right at all...

October 21, 2010 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  73. KRISTIN

TI did NOT go to jail because he was black. I also do not appreciate the N word being used on a public blog where my children could see it. Yes he went back to jail and yes he needs rehab but he violated parole on a federal offense. Our country has come to far for people to still be throwing up the race card. I personally hope TI comes through this a better person and starts doing the right thing. And doing the right thing has nothing to do with color.

October 20, 2010 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Pscrong

Ti wasnt bothering nobody just chillin why people like steaven seagull just mind ya own bizness

October 20, 2010 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  75. sparkes

Well guys I don't know much about rap in dept am from jamaica w.I people here really like rap music , t.I is a really good rapper from my point some but people just need to look at there life and leave next people alone yes he brake the law but how many times many of u guys brake did law how many of u guys out kids brake the law and can't find the time to talk with your child r put your child in a rehab but find the time to go on the net and write what u like when samething u write about your child is doing it but because your child is not a rapper people don't look at it in the same light as how they would look t.I ......

October 20, 2010 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  76. fed up

People need to stop bringing up the race card. The world will never change if people blame it on his skin color. He was stupid and messed up now its time to pay. Thats called life not being black

October 20, 2010 at 8:13 pm | Report abuse |
  77. cant read

Ti neds to have people listen to his screams for help before drugs take him away. Really. Too many people suffer from addiction and they get shut up and thrown in jail. And really its true them white girls seem to always get out of jail or rehab but black folks dont. God knows the pure heart. White america is a shame.

October 20, 2010 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  78. whiteboy

Ima young guy grew up in irvington nj. For anybody unfamiliar with nj irvington makes the bronx look like mr rogers neighborhood. So I love rap and understand what he was buying guns for you can leave the hood but if you blow up . A nothing to lose Enemy from the past can endanger you. Still buying guns and being a felon is illegal etc . But linsdey and paris get out of trouble like the law doesn't apply to them and its sad. Ti did violate probation on more serious charges so jail sounds right. These rich spoiled brats getting out of trouble for something people in my nieghborhood get real jail time and debt and probation for and it being all over tv for all these poor people to see is disheartening and only perpetuates hate and inequality.

October 20, 2010 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Riskygirl

Amen. Well said from someone who sounds like they should know. You sound intelligent with your head on your shoulders regardless of your tough area upbringing. Be the difference. It takes someone like you to prove the stereotyping from the rest, wrong. I believe you can. You got me to listen...

October 20, 2010 at 11:06 pm | Report abuse |
  79. David

Rap is garbage, rappers are not artists. It is ignorant crap period. However rappers are human too. So I do hope if these things said by supporters of T.I are true the judge took that in to account. But this was also probation from a Federal Case. So it may not apply.

But I do agree some judges need to either take a step back or step down when it comes to dealing with people as people.

October 20, 2010 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  80. kc

Ok T.I. knew better than 2 do what he did. and yes he did gt a 2nd chance but sme of u people who hav commented r stupid. I lik T.I. and ima continue 2 lik him whn its ovr and if ths was a person that ALL U HATERS likd as well u woud feel the same way. all u hatn racist go kill urselves!!!

October 20, 2010 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Real truth

Actually Lohan did violate probation and both she and Hilton were in positions to take someone's life and not potentially having saved one as TI did. If TI is a dopehead then Lohan is the superhead (Mary) and her weapon was the car she was driving under the influence. Let's count the number of deaths from drunk drivers.........

October 20, 2010 at 7:47 pm | Report abuse |
  82. cheryl

TI is not a junkie he's trying 2 beat going 2 prison. He needs 2 do rehab after the 11mos. Road 2 Redemption was what a let down 4 those kids he called himself helping that's the joke of the YEAR!

October 20, 2010 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Tracy

This company tends to ignore all the positive things that T.I. has done, such as saving a mans life just the other day. The man was going to jump from a building and kill himself and T.I. talked him down. This man would be dead right now if not for him. He also has just recently donated to breast cancer foundation. He is not a criminal. He isn't hurting anyone but himself and he also asked the judge to get him treatment and help for his drug addiction. Instead the judge gives him a year of punishment in prison. This judge and others like him need to be retired from the bench and put judges on the bench that really care about people, not just use prison as a cure for everything. Drugs only hurt the ones taking them.

October 20, 2010 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • S SEAL

Are u serious? Have you checked his background? 20 arrests! But no he's not a criminal.....CMON STOP BEING BIASED!

October 20, 2010 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Vezalo

The jumper incident was probably staged. He was due in court the next day to be sentenced. And @Tracy, drugs destroy everyone around them. Families can lose everything. This is the problem with this country. Someone breaks the law, and because they have a popular song, or a movie coming out people defend them. Fk T.I. Let him rot.

October 21, 2010 at 7:14 am | Report abuse |
  84. Mary

T.I.needs 2 sit down and grow the f#@k up.I hope he don't think he is a role model,cause nobody want a dope head 2 b a role model. And I don't care if he loses all his endorsements.No endorsement should b given 2 a dope head,crack head , or whatever.And y people r comparing him with Lindsey and Paris.They didn't hav no machine guns.

October 20, 2010 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  85. The Dude

Guess he got AXED!!!!

October 20, 2010 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Mary

T.I.needs 2 sit down and grow the f#@k up.I hope he don't think he is a role model,cause nobody want a dope head 2 b a role model. And I don't care if he loses all his endorsements.No endorsement should b given 2 a dope head,crack head , or whatever.And y people r comparing him wit Lindsey and Paris.They didn't hav

October 20, 2010 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  87. 1900innoho

Why are we not surprised? You can take the person out of the hood but........................

October 20, 2010 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  88. Mary

October 20, 2010 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
  89. nowhereusa

IGNORANCE IS CURABLE, STUPIDITY IS A LIFE SENTENCE.

October 20, 2010 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Law Abiding Citizen

just another dumb ni&&ah who cant gwt his shi@ in a pile.

October 20, 2010 at 7:15 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Searl

It's really unfortunate from chevy to axe. If the loss of income won't make you change, maybe the black hole will

October 20, 2010 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  92. sc

So jentree, you say rap is dead. And you feel stupid everytime you hear a rap song. And you had the nerve to say: and I quote"too many ignorant stuff." Really! I read that and my iq dropped about 20 points. Go back to middle school then maybe, just maybe you can argue a point.

October 20, 2010 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  93. ccrollride

Ty u r a ignorant individual that needs to learn how to spell. And I pray to God that u are not a real cop bc I thought there job was to protect and serve not be judgemental and abuse their authority.Whatever the hell you are doing just know that you will reap what you sew....And as far as T.I. maybe he should have shed a couple of tears like Lindsay or said it was a friends like Paris

October 20, 2010 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • BigDawg

Hey ccrollride! Don't accuse others of spelling errors, until you can post without making errors of your own!! Reap what you "sew"? It's: "sow." Reap what you sow.... Dumba$$!!
      As far as lumping all African Americans together.... Maybe peole will quit doing so, when upstanding, law-abiding black people quit defending the losers within their own race!!!!
      And, whoever said drugs just hurt the user, is a complete RETARD. Families get ripped apart by drugs, users can kill people when they're high and get behind the wheel!!!!

October 20, 2010 at 11:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • HAHA

HAHA, "peole",
      BigDawg, the teacher is now the student...again! Wax Off!

October 21, 2010 at 12:38 am | Report abuse |
  94. tj

We all make mistakes so get off his case and let him live his life

October 20, 2010 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  95. jentree

Wow, if these comments were honestly monitored by CNN there wouldn't be so many bigoted and ignorant comments on these articles. As an educated black adult I'm extremely offended and outraged at the the racist comments that have appeared on here. Yes, there are black criminals, but there are many white and Hispanic criminals as well. The only reason why statistics are higher for minorities is because we are MINORITIES! There are less of us, so of course it makes the crime incidences look higher than whites.

October 20, 2010 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tracy

I agree with you completely. It is scary to see just how many racist people there are. I am white and these people do not represent what the majority of white people think. I am sorry you have to be subjected to these types of ignorant people.

October 20, 2010 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  96. GiGi

TY I hope you aren't a real cop. But just some ignorant blogger hiding behind what he thinks is power. One day you will stop the wrong person. TI was wrong sorry he is going to jail. Lindsay and Paris will have stretch parks on their cheeks if they keep getting in trouble.

October 20, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Frank

AXE is a hypocritical corporation! All they do is present s#xed up misogynistic images of women. They should be ashamed. I have, and will never, buy any of their products.

October 20, 2010 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  98. vision1982

It happens wit violations all the time rehabs for drug abuse not jal

October 20, 2010 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Nancy Smithe

The youth of today are in desperate need of REAL role models! My children will certainly not be listening to this T.I. person. There is whole hearted good music out there where people also practice what they preach!

October 20, 2010 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  100. bossswe

break the law go to jail ! black or white or other

October 20, 2010 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Conner Macleod

T.I. probably forgot to axe his corporate sponsor if it was ok to engage in criminal behavior, hence Unilever had to drop his contract. That's what happens when you forget to axe the right questions.

October 20, 2010 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  102. marlena

Its not that people are racist he did make a mistake i dont think he should go to jail he should be in lon term rehab

October 20, 2010 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  103. djscoob

Here we go w the race sh** again. Its not about race u ignorant dumb a**. He violated probation. If some stupid person u hate violates it you would want them bak in prison. But since ur a fan its ok? Use your brain for once

October 20, 2010 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • sizzla

Rap is dead anyway. Too many ignorant stuff, I feel stupid everytime I hear a rap song.

October 20, 2010 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • akb

If you read the comments from Ty, he is pretty much reinforcing why so many of us do believe a lot of actions taken against blacks are racist. His comments are clearly racist and if you think he's the only one out there like him you are very mistaken and naive. I am black, educated, no criminal background, married, law abiding, drug free, etc.... but people like Ty will NEVER acknowledge that not all black people fit into one mold.

October 20, 2010 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • YS213

Hey sizzla, you say rap is dead?? Stupid ass it's big business..The numbers don't lie dummy. I do hate 99% of the crap that's out, but there's no denying the $$$$$ and numbers.

October 20, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Johnny Bravo

Paris Hilton didn't go to jail because she blew the cops and the judges. No one wants a blow-job from T.I.

October 20, 2010 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  105. Mr. Johnsmith

Did he really get sent back to prison?!!! OMG, just cuz hes a black male rapper. How come Lindsey didnt get sent back to jail?? Or how about Paris Hilton??? Why the hell can these white young woman (who are spoiled brats)get away with it, but a black male rapper gets a very harsh sentence! I guess we will always live in a world of racist.

October 20, 2010 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Johnny Bravo

October 20, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • scapegoat

Race has nothing to do with it. Paris and Lohan are stupid, and yes deserve to go to jail for stupidity if nothing else.But he VIOLATED PAROLE. He wasnt just busted for drugs. Its always a stupid decision
      1) Why is he buying illegal arms to begin with that got him popped originally
      2) Do drugs at home... why is he driving around doing it. AND WHY DURING PROBATION. They have scheduled UAs
      he deserves to go back for stupidity

October 20, 2010 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • nowhereUSA

Ok put your listening ears on and read what it says!!! A FEDERAL JUDGE, FEDERAL JUDGE! He got busted by the FBI for purchasing weapons, assault weapons and a lot. His claim, was he was trying to protect his family. LOL He did time for the weapons charge, and was lucky he didn't more time. While on probation he got in trouble for drugs. WHILE ON PROBATION. Lohan or Hilton were not charged in a federal court or had weapons charges against them.
      People believed him and gave him a chance. He blew it!! Has nothing to do with race you ignorant MF!

October 20, 2010 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mr. Smithjohn

I dont think Paris and Lindsay had quite the same criminal record that T.I. had when he was arrested. its not racist, its the result of a number of decisions he has made. Interesting article that lists his prior arrests: http://www.defsounds.com/editorials/Ti_snitches_his_way_to_freedom_incomplete

October 21, 2010 at 3:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Keisha

IKR! I totally agree with you! God is gone fix this racism one day!

October 21, 2010 at 4:10 am | Report abuse |
    • Thomas in Vancouver

Maybe because Lohan or Hilton were never arrested for trying to buy a submachine gun with a silencer. That was what he was sent up for in the first place and that was the parole he violated.

October 21, 2010 at 7:17 am | Report abuse |
    • Kevin

In Answer to your Query:

A: because African American MEN will Always get the RAW end of the criminal justice stick {Sometimes Literally...go ask Abner Luima about it....}

and
      B: "THEY WANT THEIR COUNTRY BACK"

nuff said

October 21, 2010 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
    • carter

Yes, it's racist to put a man back in jail after violating his parol stemming from WEAPONS CHARGES. He promotes himself as a thug rapper, carries illegal weapons without a permit, does a little bit of time with parol, then gets caught with drugs which are a violation of that parol...why does he not deserve to go back to jail? Yea the world is still racist, that will NEVER change, but he screwed up and has to pay for it. Big deal it will probably help him sell more albums, then he can claim the world is racist all the way to the bank.

October 21, 2010 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  106. teamster-24[39]

good but? http://giaranteed.blogspot.com. you can have whatever you like!

October 20, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  107. cheefsfury

THIS IS SO DUMB THAT TI HAS TO GO BACK TO JAIL LIKE A LITTLE METH EVER HURT ANYONE

October 20, 2010 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • DMan

Lil meth? haha Artist always do drugs just don't get it why THEY CARRY IT PERSONALLY, you have a possee have them carry your habits around for you so you don't get busted!

October 20, 2010 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • sizzla

Don't you know that its cool to go to jail if your're a rapper.

October 20, 2010 at 6:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • SoundOffOpinion

Get your facts straight. He wasn't caught with Meth. They had E and Codeine Cough Syrup. His Wife tested positive for the E, and he tested positive for Opiates.

October 21, 2010 at 3:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Tiffany

He is going right back where he belongs......and not for Meth......for parole violation. There are prisoners serving many years for less.

October 21, 2010 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
    • D.J YF

I thought he learned his lesson the first time guess not, n it isn't cool for him to go to jail anymore he's a grown ass man he needs to be a good role model for his kids.

October 21, 2010 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Wibik

Exactly! Why does that freak show lindsey lohan get multiple chances while others get the book thrown at them? Ridiculous!

October 21, 2010 at 9:23 am | Report abuse |
    • ben

if the guy has a drug problem he needs help like rehab not jail. He at least admits he's done wrong when most of us are in denial about our substance problems.best advice stay away from it don't try it don't think about trying and you won't en up like TI or much much worse. Say no to drugs and yes to music.

October 21, 2010 at 9:29 am | Report abuse |
    • cheefsfury

LINDSY LOHAN DIDNT GET CAUGHT WITH GUNZ LIKE TI DID SHE WAS DRINKING BOOZE AND NOT BYING GUNS SHE LIKES TO PARTY AND TI LIKES TO SHOOT UP STUFF

October 21, 2010 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  108. AJ

I sincerely hope you aren't a cop..... your a bigot and that's PARTIALLY why some go to jail. I hope you end there

October 20, 2010 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  109. Steven Seagal

He didn't go to jail for being a nig. He went to jail for breaking a federal firearms law and violating parole. Idiot. His justice has nothing to do with skin color. Justice is a matter of how much money one has and he has plenty.

October 20, 2010 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Coco

Steven–you mean he didn't got to jail for being "black." Because I'm sure your smart enough to know that anyone can be a "nig." We don't want to mislead anyone here...

October 21, 2010 at 9:48 am | Report abuse |