October 20th, 2010

Rod Stewart on reuniting with long lost daughter

Baby number eight is on the way for 65-year-old rocker Rod Stewart, but he's only recently begun getting to know his eldest child, whom he had in his teens, he says in an upcoming interview on "The Joy Behar Show."

"The eldest [child] is in her 40s. Although I’m the biological father she was put up for adoption when I was 17 or 18 I think," he explained to Behar. "I was absolutely stone broke...and so she was put up for adoption. Only found out who her [biological] father was about 15 years ago."

Since the passing of her parents, Stewart says he and his daughter have attempted to build a relationship.

"Since her mum and dad have died, we’ve tried to come together and be close together, and it's working out pretty well," Stewart said. "I never felt like I was her dad, because I didn’t take her to school, change her nappies, there was no paternal thing there, but I’m trying."

Filed under: Celebrities

1. Gain mass

Hello marquee.blogs.cnn.com. I found your web site via Google while looking for a similar matter, your web site got here up. It appears good. I have bookmarked it in my google bookmarks to come back later.

December 4, 2011 at 3:38 am | Report abuse |
  2. lighting from manufacturer

I am not sure the place you’re getting your information, however great topic. I must spend some time studying more or figuring out more. Thank you for great information I used to be on the lookout for this information for my mission.

November 24, 2011 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Thor

you all sound stupid so what hes 65 an still gettin it up an if he wanted a child its his buisness it's not the thing i wake up thinking about hey whoever said money cant make ya happy he's got a good lookin ole lady big family hes got the dough an the ones dogging his voice his loyal fans from the 70's up till now will still buy his cd's his voice is fine it's his more contemporary style of music i dont care for it but i would go see him i concert without a doubt......

October 23, 2010 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  4. Darrell Waltrip

lets go racin boys

October 23, 2010 at 10:02 am | Report abuse |
  5. Ellen

I gave up my daughter when I was 16. I find the comments about Mr. Stewart being "deadbeat" really sad. When you give a child up, you give a gift to those who couldn't, in most cases, have a child. They become their parents. It doesn't matter what happens in your life later – the people that adopted the child are their parents and family and care should be taken not to disrupt that life. It's best to take things slow and only when you are both ready. My daughter and I did find each other. We have a great relationship, but also respect each other's lives. She understands why I had to give her up, and I understand who her family is. Things work out the way they are supposed to, and in their own time. Congrats to Mr. Stewart. I wish him and his family a lot of love and luck!

October 23, 2010 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  6. gladys

Rod stewart is doing the right thing by gettin to know his long lost daughter most fathers would not thing about their children they gave up

October 21, 2010 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Timme62

I'm sorry the thought of sleeping with a 65 year old Rod Stewart is disgusting. I'm sure that what was in his bank account was the main draw for his current and ex wives. As for the voice....time to hang it up Rod, it ain't what it used to be.

October 21, 2010 at 7:25 am | Report abuse |
  8. patricia lumaava

Never too late to reach out to make a connection. Kudos to Rod...

October 21, 2010 at 12:41 am | Report abuse |
  9. fratboy

rod need pay me my money

October 20, 2010 at 10:10 pm | Report abuse |
  10. rottie78

He's not a deadbeat dad.He's taken care of and provided for his other children.Would it have been better if he had tried to force himself into her life when she already had loving parents and possibly making her insecure & confused?Actually, it would've been better if he had done the selfish thing,gone against the adoption,kept her,not being able to provide & denying her the family who were able to love her,provide for her & give her the best possible chance at a happy life. Yes,that would've been a much better decision!

October 20, 2010 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Steven Seagal

No one said anything about race, Franknbeans. You're the idiot. And a dooshbag to boot.

October 20, 2010 at 9:31 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Kathleen

Rod Sewart's singing on the View today was dreadful! I, think he has passed the expiration date of his voice, but then again he does have 8 kids and ex-wives to support.

October 20, 2010 at 9:30 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Katie Holmes

As far as him having a child at 65, all those who are so quick to judge would have a totally different opinion if they were the unborn baby. If you were the baby in this situation, you would just be glad to have a chance to live. As far as his long lost daughter is concerned, he's been a star with money for years! You just found your child after 30+ years? Huh? Puleaze....Just another deadbeat dad, but a rich one!

October 20, 2010 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frank

No one is saying that the child should be aborted.

October 20, 2010 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • janine

He's not a dead beat dad, the child was put up for legal adoption. If he had tried to contact her before, people would have said that he's trying to interfere with her family just because he's rich. Adoption is totally different than abandonment, so maybe you shouldn't be so quick to judge a situation that you know nothing about.

October 20, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steven Seagal

Someone needs to abort Frank

October 21, 2010 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  14. Steven Seagal

He looks like Lady Elaine on Mr Rogers.

October 20, 2010 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Amy

I agree. It is irresponsible to have children at that age. They deserve the best possible chance to have their parents alive to see them get married and have children of their own.

That said, it is good that he is trying to have a relationship with her. He has no legal responsibility to do so, but it's nice that he is.

October 20, 2010 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Whatever

I think that people shouldnt hate on Rod Stewart, because nobodys perfect. As for those who think that he sings bad, at least he is actually a professional singer and still makes money off of it. I know that people still love Rod Stewart's music, so people shouldnt hate on him or his decisions. If he wants to have a kid, let him have a kid. At least he has the money.

March 26, 2011 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Frank

At least he is trying to have a relationship with her. That's great.
    But another child at 65, seriously?! He might be dead before the child reaches their teens. There comes a time in life when your child rearing days are behind you, barring certain difficult family situations (grandparents having to bring up their grandchildren, etc). It's common sense.

October 20, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Suzanne

The only difference is Rod can afford it and we're not paying for them!!!

October 20, 2010 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Frank

Yeah, because Mexicans and other minorities don't work at all, right? Racist idiot.

October 20, 2010 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |