Michael Lohan makes statement that he'll no longer make statements
October 20th, 2010

Michael Lohan makes statement that he'll no longer make statements

It appears there are a few things Michael Lohan needed to get off his chest.

As news about his daughter Lindsay’s return to rehab spread at the end of September, Michael Lohan was open about his intent to find two conservators for his daughter to keep watch over her finances and her social life, saying, "I just want Lindsay's life and career to be guided by people who are in it with their hearts, not their hands.”

However, a few weeks later, Michael now says that he’ll be keeping mum on anything to do with his daughter or his ex-wife, Dina.

In a  statement to CNN, Lohan explained the following:

"After serious thought and conversation last night, with someone who means alot [sic]to me. I am making this statement and fully intend on living by it.

With all due respect to those who have both gotten on my nerves for reporting things that weren't true, ( as well as things that were), I want to make a public statement that I will not be commenting on ANYTHING relating to my daughter Lindsay, or ANYTHING my ex wife Dina, or any 'sources' related to her, might say."

"After all the things said and the incidents which have transpired, I realize that no matter how wrong or right I may have been, at the end of the day, I was wrong for offending my ex wife and my children. Because of the spotlight and scrutiny we have been under, as well as my own "pride," which has caused pain to my mother, (deceased father), brother, sisters and their sibling[s], I realize how my statements and actions have had a ripple effect on all of them. If it was me alone, it would be one thing, but I'm not. The things I have said and done, have cased hurt , pain and embarrassment for all of them.

That being said, I make this statement in humble supplication. And NO MATTER what accusations, lies or conjecture are disseminated to the public, about me, for the sake of the ones I love and with hope of creating peace, I WILL NOT respond , in ANY way, to what is said or done, to me.

MY family's health and well being matters too much.

For the sake of those I offended, I apologize and ask their forgiveness. But even if they can't find it in their heart to forgive, like I forgive them. I KNOW that God will have the last word and defend me in His own way.

So please refrain from from calling or contacting me."

Filed under: Celebrities • Lindsay Lohan

« Previous entry
  1. chief

how anybody want a bet on a 30 day over under

October 21, 2010 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  2. cant read

It seems that all them white girls spears.hilton.lohan and so on always escape haerd times for their crimes or addiction. YET lil kim. Lil wayne. Ti. Bobby brown and so on always get hard times. Ans this is major discrimination. This is not okay at all. Our society is cruel and things need to be changed. We all equal.

October 21, 2010 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
    • ngoc

i think its up to what did they do. bcoz Spears,Hilton or Lohan didnt harm anyon, they just harmed themselves. but i dont about the others.

October 21, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  3. Jerv

BBBBBBBBBrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh god, this is sooooooooooooooo embarrassingly hilarious!!!!!!!!

October 21, 2010 at 8:20 am | Report abuse |
  4. Gozer

What a dope, making a statement stating that he won't make statements anymore. Worse yet, this get's posted as news on the internet. Lord help us.

October 20, 2010 at 11:56 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Babak from LA

Oh Mr. Lohan ... please don't stop. Where would comedians get new material if you are out of the spot light?

October 20, 2010 at 11:26 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Elle

This guy is a dirt bag. Only slightly better tahn Joe Jackson and worse than Oksana G.

October 20, 2010 at 10:12 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Phoenix3

Here's a reality check for you Mr. Lohan, the so called public scrutiny is speak about, you sought it and got it. You are so caught up in being a wanna be insider that you and that flake of an ex wife have ridden on your daughters coat tails long enough. Both of you should be ashamed of yourselves, Mr. Lohan needs to fade off into the wood work, Dina needs to stop acting life Lindsay's bff, stop pretending to be her manager, and just be her mother. Lindsay is clearly a lost soul in need of direction, not a drinking buddy and an enabler. Addiction clearly runs in this family an if this young woman is going to over come her personal addictions she needs support from her family not the denials, excuses and pandering for the press. Lindsay needs to admit she has a problem and really deal with it, not pretend to in order to avoid jail time, only when she finally and truthfully admits she has a problem, will she be able to put her heart and soul into getting better. Once she has taken that step, if she is going to really succeed for the long haul, Lindsay needs to get rid of the hanger ons and enablers that pretended to be her friends. True friends would never have encouraged her to continue down the self destructive path she has been on. The ones that tried to help her, I'm sure she pushed away, those Lindsay are your true friends.

October 20, 2010 at 10:03 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Leah

A lot is 2 words...

October 20, 2010 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Willy Brown

Sorry dad that gravy train left the tracks years ago. Go get a job!

October 20, 2010 at 8:43 pm | Report abuse |
  10. beal

AND it would be great that we don't see Dina for a very long time as well. She should be busy "parenting" other children for a good while.

October 20, 2010 at 8:34 pm | Report abuse |
  11. aly

Fantastic.... let's not see Michael Lohan ever again. Move along and not be seen for a very long time. I have bets he will show up within the next month.

October 20, 2010 at 8:32 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Mark

Betcha 20 crack rocks his silence doesn't last a month.

October 20, 2010 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
  13. russell roth

about F***ing time

October 20, 2010 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Frank

That whole family needs psychological help. Fame is the last thing they need.

October 20, 2010 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Ken

...can he take Little Lindsey to "no statement" land as well?

October 20, 2010 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Kathleen

IT'S ABOUT TIME!

October 20, 2010 at 6:43 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Daryl

And another thing . . . she absolutely sucks as an actress. Send her down the ramp to join the ranks of other morons who throw their lives away.

October 20, 2010 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  18. daryl

Oh Right . . . . Michael is responsible for everyihing that's happening to poor Lindsey. It doesn't matter a damn what people say or don't say. At the end of the day, Lindsey Lohan is irresponsible as hell and couldn't care less about how her actions affect the lives of others. If she wants to do drugs, then she needs to get the hell out of Hollywood and off our television screens and just go do it. I'm sick and tired of watching her go back and forth to rehab. She doesn't give a damn about herself and has no respect for others. That's not the kind of personality I want my kids being exposed to.

October 20, 2010 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Petunia

What's up with the ears?

October 20, 2010 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Muff Cabbage

as I said before, I not going to say anything else, and if need be, I'll hold a press conference to announce this. I'm just saying.

October 20, 2010 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Who Cares

This tool just needs to STFU.

October 20, 2010 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  22. mary

Can they 'ALL' go away now~?~

October 20, 2010 at 5:32 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Seth Pascal

Dream on, Cookie Monster.

You’re really just part of …

Lucid the novel dot com

October 20, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Dan Halen

What a moron. He says he's going to STFU and what doe he do, go on and on and on about family drama. F N Moron.

October 20, 2010 at 5:14 pm | Report abuse |
  25. md

How long before he makes another statement.

October 20, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  26. elidude

Who is he and why should anyone care?

October 20, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Semper Fi don't hide

OK shut up already!

October 20, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Ella Jay

oh dear lord, he is a functional illiterate.

i really wish he would do this, and we would never have to hear his name ever ever again. i'd like not to hear about the rest of that clan, either, altho it would be nice to learn that somebody is thinking of Ali and helping her have a real life. Nobody ever talks about how absolutely traumatic this whole thing must be for her.

October 20, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Guillermo

Is it any wonder that LiLo is sooooo messed up with such a disfunctional family. And her mother is her business mgr? Oye Vey!
    Coming attractions: LiLo has a fatal OD.
    Hope I'm wrong.
    G....

October 20, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Sara

I am sorry but L Logan is just a spoiled little girl. For any of it to be news, is just as silly as she is. It's time she had some tough love and grew up.

October 20, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Lynn

As if anyone cares?

October 20, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Max

I, Max, hereby pledge to cease posting on this blog from this point forward, for the rest of eternity, and possibly longer. And for the benefit of anyone misses my last and final post today, I"ll post and reiterate my decision to stop posting every day for the next few months, just so everyone knows and is aware of my decision to stop posting. Then after that, I'm done. Posting, that is. Kaput. I mean it. That's it. I'm through. No more posting.

Unless, of course, something juicy comes up ...

October 20, 2010 at 4:41 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Devara

So he makes a statement about how he's not making anymore statements. Wouldn't it be easier just to shut his big yap and go away?

October 20, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  34. buddy

I can't believe this guy kept stepping into LiLo's $#!+ for as long as he did. For a while there, I thought he was a metaphorical fecalphiliac. Luckily for him, he seems to have recovered at least a few marbles.

October 20, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Robert Gertz

Promises, promises...

October 20, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  36. k

Once again, I cannot believe I just wasted 5 minutes(that I can't get back) of my life reading about this man!

October 20, 2010 at 4:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Denizen Kate

Then why'd you click on the article? Come on! Wasn't it amusing? Didn't you get a good laugh out of this bombastic mope? Okay, shutting up now . . .

October 20, 2010 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Phil

Say it with me:

FINALLY!

October 20, 2010 at 4:18 pm | Report abuse |
  38. C

Who else is starting a pool to see how long this lasts? Shoot, I have given this too much thought already.

October 20, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  39. jj

Now I can sleep tonight

October 20, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  40. MikeInLex

Good to hear. Now if we can get Lindsey AND her mother to STFU, we'll all be better off. I'm tired of the whole lot.

October 20, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  41. PR

Glad he's fainlly going to STFU. I bet it doesn't last. I do agree with him though that Lindsey needs someone other than her mother to control her money. The old lady is only in it to milk Lindsey for all she can. LINDSEY'S MOM IS THE MAIN REASON LINDSEY IS IN TROUBLE! The courts need to ban any contact between Lindsey and her mother, maybe then Lindsey could get her life back on track.

October 20, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Three Dog Mama

Yeah, right. As if he will stop talking about Lindsey. Give me a break. He will no more keep his mouth shut than stay out of the news. The next time something happens in this family, of course he will speak up. He cannot keep is mouth shut.

October 20, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Di-

Everyone who said something nasty: Are you human? He gave an inkling of maturity and concern for others. Good for him. And you know what? He may fall on his face and have to get back up. I have more faith in that then bullying stopping in schools. Why? Because all of you who said rude things are bullying this guy and setting the example. We wonder why kids think bullying is appropriate? Gosh. Reading these comments is like watching the movie "Mean Girls". Ironic eh?

October 20, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  44. ClevelandSteve

Well, I'll be darned; there is a GOD!

October 20, 2010 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Tricia, AZ

Thank you, Michael!

October 20, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  46. GaPeach

NOW he thinks about any harm his big mouth has done to his family!! I hope he does truly STFU. He has kept Lindsay's problems in the spotlight so hopefully she can deal with them privately....of course, first she has to outrun all the photogs!!

October 20, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  47. remy

do you think Dina will maybe want to copy and STOP talking altogether ? Your daughter is an adult – let her have all the benefits including speaking for herself !!

October 20, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  48. remy

we cant get that lucky

October 20, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  49. anotherjohn

The idiot actual said "Lindsey's mother and attorney have been extorting him for cash" and he says this in front of the court house. You can see where the disturbing and immature behavior his daughter engages in.

October 20, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Chris

If anyone wants trace the problems Ms. Lohan has, they need not look further than her parents.

October 20, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Heather Crayton

LMBO....REALLY...IF HE TRULY DIDN'T WANT TO MAKE ANY MORE STATEMENTS...HE WOULD HAVE DONE JUST THAT...BUT INSTEAD HE DECIDED TO MAKE A STATEMENT ABOUT NOT MAKING STATEMENTS..HMMM....SOME PEOPLE ARE SO SELF-CENTERED..HE DIDN'T DO IT FOR HIS FAMILY HE DID IT FOR HIMSELF...SUCH A LOSER...

October 20, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  52. bigbomber54

He's the only one I've heard of who has to make a statement that he's no longer making statements (?)

October 20, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  53. RJ

BULLLLLLLLLLLL*#@%!

October 20, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  54. JB

Who is this? Who is Lindsay? I read the story to kill time, and am wondering, should I know about this?

October 20, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  55. B==Dog

LOL looks like Lindsay finally found the G.A.Y S. E. X. video her dad made and told him something like "listen you bleepity bleep, unless you want this all over the net, SHUT UP!"

October 20, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • Merri B

I don't think so, but it could be the case. As long as it works, that's what counts.

October 26, 2010 at 5:37 am | Report abuse |
  56. leogirl

"Please refrain from contacting me for statements" ...because if you contact me I'll have to talk. I can't keep my mouth shut!!

October 20, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
  57. ChollyGee

You can see where LL gets her dysfunction, looking at her parents. "Right after this, this is the last thing I'm gonna say on the subject, I swear" is PATHETIC and attention-seeking. And transparent.
    Go buy yourself a case of single malt, "Dad", maybe you can get more publicity when YOU go into rehab.

October 20, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  58. MS YELLAROSE

What took him so long?

October 20, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Jay

Attention is like a drug to him; he will soon need a fix.

October 20, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Timme62

LiLo will be dead by the time she is 30. Time to move on from this train wreck.

October 20, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Rita

Too bad we can't get Obama to make a promise to shut up too! But just like with this clown, it would just be another lie!

October 20, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Sagebrush Shorty

Good, now shut up!

October 20, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Wes

It seems that a lot of respondents to this article are perfect and live in glass houses. Mr. Lohan is a father; I am a father as was my dad. When I was young and experimenting with drugs and other bad behavours, my dad told me that I would be welcome back into the family as soon as I straightened out my life. I wasn't allowed in the family home if I was stoned or drunk. It took 10 years until the desire to have a family outweighed the need to get high. I applaud Mr. Lohan and his taking a stand with Lindsay. It's called love. Thy it sometime; it will change your life!

October 20, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  64. pat

thank god he is finally shutting up ...someone had to have written that statement for him , there is now way he knew what those big words meant before

October 20, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Merri B

What big words?? Do you mean the words "shut" and "up". You're right though. No way did he know the meaning of these words before. I agree, he had a speech writer.

October 26, 2010 at 5:32 am | Report abuse |
  65. CharChar

I think it was the first smart thing to come out of this mans mouth. Its never too late to try to be the father you should have started out being.

October 20, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  66. roman manlord

This sort of reminds me of the old bugs bunny skit with the gangster telling him to shut up.

October 20, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Michael L.

I think he's a real stand-up guy and worthy of parenting Lindsay back to health. I'd even consider giving him power of attorney over Lindsay's finances because he is so smart. He may well be father of the year in my book, just in case a certain judge is reading these comments...

October 20, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  68. tapu

The only way you can get people to believe you about something like this, is to do it. It's liking going into rehab that way. It can take a while, but he might as well shut his mouth like he said he would and then it could do him (and others) some good.

October 20, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  69. dufass

Uhhhhhh, could care less about that man and his entire family. Twits.

October 20, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
  70. rjf

he promises...but he lies

October 20, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  71. narcolepsykid@gmail.com

WHO CARES!

October 20, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Cooper

I wish the rest of his family would do the same thing....

October 20, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Jeff

Really what he meant is " I am not making any more statements unless someone pays me alot of money, then I will run on at the mouth like a moron instead of being a responsible parent."

October 20, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  74. NM

It's about time he keeps his trap shut!

October 20, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Holly Golightly

Larry–that was pretty funny about the collar stays...:)

October 20, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Mark

God has nothing to do with it. there is no god and I wish people would quit quoting some god or deity. It really shows how ignorant they are.

October 20, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Tom, Long Beach, California

Good, please shut up you moron.......a prime example of the mind numbing of America fro reality crazes like his daughter.....perhaps America will wake up and see what we allow to represent us and change it.......lohan, the Kardasians, Jersey Shore, Gloria Allred, Kate Gosselin....we have far better role models than this people!

October 20, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  78. cxd

Please do shut up now. No one cares

October 20, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Jayneau

It's about time he clammed up. He has been making a living off his daughter's "celebrity" for years. So the idiot gives a press statement saying he won't be making statements anymore. The moron. Like anybody gives a damn what he thinks/says/does.

October 20, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Akfrog

Right on steveo! And we read all the way through these, I got to 66. What can I say, its all still part of the entertainment industry. Laters, I have socks to fold.

October 20, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  81. Caroline

And yet, he had to release a rambling statement stating that he will now shut up.

October 20, 2010 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Rhonda

I'm sorry. How is this news? Who cares? If he was any kind of parent he wouldn't have to 'find someone to take control of her with their hearts and not their hands'. ??? Whatever that means! And she wouldn't be in the spot she's in and not taking responsibility for anything she has done. Even though she says she is, she isn't. Someone needs to step in and re-parent her before she ends up dead.

October 20, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  83. MM

Michael Lohan is a real winner! Actually, the entire family. Lindsay would never have these issues if her parents had raised her the proper way. They've been a train wreck waiting to happen as witnessed by me when Lindsay, her mom and brother were in the NYC Ritz on Xmas when her underage brother passed a fake id in order to get a beer. His mom backed him up. At the time he was 18. This family is a bunch of losers and need intensive counseling.

October 20, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  84. carl gonzales

people should live and let live just because they actors actress sports icons we got to know their business we are all humans we all make mistakes the reporters that get involved in these people lifes should have a copy of their mistakes so it could their mouths already this is a free country so live and let live

October 20, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
  85. LiberalNN

What a pathetic excuse for a father and utter d0uchebag.

October 20, 2010 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Avi Shlomo

anyone can see me?

October 20, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  87. steeve-o

Michael, just to let you know I would totally volunteer to help Lindsay stay on track, and I would completely be in it with my heart... but I can't guarantee my hands wouldn't be in it, either.

October 20, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  88. bob

I can't believe 57 people have cared enough to make comments. All of you get lives

October 20, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • MS

And yet you care enough to complain that we care too much

October 20, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Loooo-whooo-zer

And you make 58!

October 20, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marin

Bob – you made my day. You became #58 by complaining about 57 comments. hahahahahahahaha

Do you even see the ridiculous in that? LOL Talk about someone needing to get a life!

October 22, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  89. NATHAN

IF ONLY HE WOULD SHUT-UP, I'D LIKE TO NEVER HEAR OF THESE LOSERS AGAIN

October 20, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  90. The Fish

Find a girlfriend, get laid and have a beer. Life's too short!

October 20, 2010 at 12:07 pm | Report abuse |
  91. MS

Here's the thing about shutting up. You just do it. There are no announcements and no fanfare. You just shut up.

October 20, 2010 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  92. jurby

Hey Michael! If you won't be making any more statements, why are you making this one?!

October 20, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Meri B

Jurby – He made the statement to inform everyone that he will no longer by making statements. Now come on, even CNN would consider Michael Lohan making no more statements BIG news. However, if he sticks to it for a week, I think he'll probably explode (one can only hope).

October 26, 2010 at 5:23 am | Report abuse |
  93. Dawn

Now shut the mom up and perhaps a staement of responsibility by Disney for their part in ruining yet another young talent too

October 20, 2010 at 11:47 am | Report abuse |
  94. Jim

Lindsay, sorry about your drug rehab, don't go to Las Vegas, the cops can smell grass and might plant some blow in your purse.

October 20, 2010 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  95. atx

Nice start brainiac.

October 20, 2010 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  96. Janeen76

I'll bet it was Lindsay herself who asked this of him...maybe with a promise to try and work on their relationship in the future.

October 20, 2010 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  97. Tony L

This guy is ready for a book deal. He needs to spill out all the mess in the family.

October 20, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  98. SurRy

No longer making statements or answering questions. So does this mean he's a teabagger?

October 20, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  99. The Baroness

Come now Dear Sir, you promised to keep your lips sealed (writer #17!), but you just cannot seem to control yourself. Apparently the apple does not fall far. Get thee to a Psychiatrist ASAP, as you are in desperate need.

October 20, 2010 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  100. pointless1

I've had bowel movements that talk less shlt than this guy...

October 20, 2010 at 11:27 am | Report abuse |
  101. Juan

Someone should bust his chops

October 20, 2010 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  102. AstroBoy

Why do I even know this guy's name? For that matter, why do I even know his daughter's?

October 20, 2010 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  103. Chris

sounds like he made all the money he wanted...

October 20, 2010 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  104. somuchfor

It's about time he shuts his mouth–my guess it's because of a court order. She is an adult. A father who goes to the press to air his "concerns" about his daughter (who already has no private life) and then seeks conservatorship for her money–and her social life? - is not thinking in her best interests. Lindsay Lohan may be having a hard time right now but I haven't seen any evidence that this absentee father has ever had her best interests in mind.

October 20, 2010 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
  105. SteveR

OK start a clock somewhere and have a lottery going before his next courtside blast against the media her handlers judges counsel etc. I give th over under at 6 days tic toc

October 20, 2010 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  106. Hmmm

I hope he actually will do what he said. First, he responded to situations in his own way, he is human. Second, we all live and learn. I see nothing wrong with him making a public apology and statement that he will no longer be speaking out on his personal situations with his family. It needed to be done. He made comments publicly so I think it is very appropriate that he make a public apology. Now if only he will do what he has stated he will, then I think his family can begin to heal.

October 20, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  107. Timothy J

Now if CNN's Marquee Blog and others would stop reporting on their lives, getting us all (yes...me too) interested in the latest minutes of these peoples' lives, they could all get on to some healing and we (yes...me too) could get on to some more worthwhile topics to occupy our much-to-busy lives.

October 20, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  108. Larry

Yo, dude: They're called collar stays. Look into getting a couple, why don'tcha? As for your daughter, she's a loser. Accept the fact ... get used to it ... she's an 'oxygen thief.' Do ya 'spose she got that from her parents, by any chance?

October 20, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  109. RD Schrecengost

Michael Lohan can't stay out of the spotlight. He will be sounding off again with regard to his daughter, and his ex-wife. Does this guy have a job? Does he work? Or, is he somehow making a living off his daughter. How does he pay his bills, eat, and live?

October 20, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  110. dave

A day late and a dollar short, Mikey.

October 20, 2010 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  111. LoJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBKcKSqi5Xg&w=640&h=390]

October 20, 2010 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  112. Ernie

This guy shoud've shut up a long time ago all he is interested is in Lindsay's money what ever is left of it. He want to do the same thing that Brittany Spears' father did. But as for "Big Mikie" that's not going to happen. Lindsay is not going to "Show him the Money" neither is mommie going to be "Shown the Money". If Lindsay were smart she would tell "Daddy" to take a "Hike" and get a job the same goes for mommie. Lindsay should tell all of her hanger on friends to take a hike and get a jobl. As for Big Mikie he should leave town change his name and move to another country. Lindsay would be a lot beeter off the same goes for mommie.

October 20, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  113. Mark

Liar Liar pants of fire.

October 20, 2010 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  114. RS

Anybody who believes what Michael Lohan said about no longer making statements, stand on your head !

October 20, 2010 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  115. Lori

That's bad when a father has to speak up for his own daughter. Shouldn't it be the daughter who has to speak for herself? No offense to her but, she's really hit ROCK BOTTOM! No turning back now.

October 20, 2010 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  116. Pete Jerbo

Good job Mich. Hope this will make Lindsay and Dina to have a second and positive thoughts about.

October 20, 2010 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
    • Bull

The only thing positive about Lindsey and Dina , was the last STD test they had.

October 20, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  117. bg

Hmm... sounds a lot like he and John Gosselin are still pals and finally figured out together that they're just not entertaining and nobody gives a $h^t.

October 20, 2010 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
  118. boocat

No wonder his daughter's a head case. It seems the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

October 20, 2010 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  119. Gr8fuldude

I really do not envy Lindsey having to get sober while under the media spotlight. Even moreso with the parents she has. This clown is proof positive of that.

October 20, 2010 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  120. Sound Off

Are you guys serious? This was really nice. It takes a lot to go in front of everyone and say I was full of pride and I apologize and commit to never hurting the people I love again. I can't stand you ppl who are so immoral and low class to say such ignorant things. This is what our country is coming to, a group of middle aged cynics and ignorant young people without guidance and without hope.

October 20, 2010 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Suzanne

You're sweet for thinking that this was a well-intentioned gesture... but no, this is just another play for the spotlight. He'll be back in the headlines waxing parental before too long.

October 20, 2010 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
    • ohrally?

come on, welcome to the internet, this is how things work. We blast any perceived insincerity, the fact that he released a statement that he would no longer release statements is asinine. On a side note the self-righteousness in the last paragraph is disusting.
      "even if they can't find it in their heart to forgive, like I forgive them. I KNOW that God will have the last word and defend me in His own way." He is pretty much saying that he doesnt care what anyone thinks because "God" agrees completely with his opinion and will defend him. Come on, wake up and smell the BS

October 20, 2010 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
    • DEADINSIDE

I keep waiting for the punch line to your coment of.........BWAAAAAAHHH HAAAAH

October 20, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Carolette

LOL Are you KIDDING? He'd set himself on fire to get attention.

October 20, 2010 at 12:28 pm | Report abuse |

I think your right. Takes alot. he really does want to help her. He's just trying to be a good dad.

October 20, 2010 at 3:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • RU4real

If that's how you feel then why don't YOU just shut up and go away? We can bet on which of you shows up again first..........

October 22, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  121. tv

any bets on how long this will last?

October 20, 2010 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  122. Kelcy

Well, he probably sought out a judge who would support the set up of a conservatorship and found out he was SOL. Unless she was mentally incapacitated (and drug addiction is probably not it) then he would have no grounds to do so. It is a business decision on her part as to who she hires and fires to manage her career and her finances even while in rehab or jail. And quite possibly he was told shut-up already or we will cut you off entirely.

These Hollywood kids rarely stand a chance with parents like these.

October 20, 2010 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  123. JoePelican

It's about time you shut up Michael.

October 20, 2010 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  124. Fixer2010

It's about time.

October 20, 2010 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  125. Lis

He won't say anything further...until the next time he decides he wants to be in the spotlight.

October 20, 2010 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  126. Anon

Oh please, this man is incapable of shutting up. He's almost as annoying as Lindsay and Dina.

October 20, 2010 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  127. John

I'll bet his silence doesn't last a week. If I had a father like him I'd be a drunk and drug addict too!! He won't be silenced until he's dead, which if all of us are lucky, will be very soon. He has my nomination for "World's Worst Father".

October 20, 2010 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Barry

He has had less to do with their parenting than Dina. Compared to Dina, Kris Jenner (no prizes when it comes to whoring out her family) is the mother of the decade.

October 20, 2010 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  128. MD

"We're not going to protest"

October 20, 2010 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
  129. Suz

What a self-important d-bag. With parents like him and Dina, no wonder poor Lindsay turned out the way she did. She didn't have a snowball's chance in H-E-double-hockey-sticks.

October 20, 2010 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  130. Jon Lindsay

Why don't you just shut up and not tell us...

October 20, 2010 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
  131. JayBeans :)

WOW i wouldn't respond to that bull either .
    A crackhead for a daughter, and a pyscho for a mom .
    smh, and these are the celebrities we look up to !

October 20, 2010 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Jim S.

I'd hardly call it "looking up to". More like the morbid curiosity you fee when passing a car wreck on the freeway. You know you shouldn't look but you do anyway. "Looking up" to celebutards like Lindsay Lohan? Uh, no, not so much.

October 20, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Cass

If you are "looking up" to celebrities you need rehabilitation. They are nothing more than the lucky few who got a "lucky" break and are now being paid exorbitant amounts of money to "entertain" both on and off the screen/stage.

October 20, 2010 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  132. Greebo

Don't say it, just do it.

October 20, 2010 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  133. Brit

He just made a statement about not making statements... Ironic...

October 20, 2010 at 10:19 am | Report abuse |
    • JayBeans :)

hahahaha right !

October 20, 2010 at 10:24 am | Report abuse |
    • michael

It is about time. He is the cause of most of the public issues that have been reported over the past 2 to 3 years. She has made mistakes but he DID NOT stand behind her. I am glad to see someone talking sense into him. Now maybe his child can get to fixing her life and find a path to return to the screen.

October 20, 2010 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
    • meyesme

Hah! Reminds me of a coffee table book about coffee tables!

October 20, 2010 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
    • redisgreat

ROFL. He really should STFU.

October 20, 2010 at 10:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Chris

ah haha, no one wanted to hear from him in the first place! Is he just getting it that being related to him is embarrassing? Now hows he gonna make a living? I hear Jack in the box is hiring!
      The next statement he makes will be that he's making a statement about the statement not to make statements. WHEN WILL IT END.

October 20, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
    • Norm

I think this is more like.... " I haven't been in the spotlight for a long time, so let me make this non-statement so everyone still knows I'm here."
      Pathetic.....

October 20, 2010 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Joe

I doubt this is the last we will here from the head of this white trash Lohan family!

October 20, 2010 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Scott

It's about time! Hopefully he will start a trend for the rest of the Hollywood crowd. Enough already!

October 20, 2010 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Clete

Good reply.

October 20, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shawn

Stop calling this family white trash. Its an insult to all white trash families.

October 20, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bull

This guy,and the whole family are a bunch of douchbags.

October 20, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jamal Brown, Detroit, MI

Who is he?

October 20, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marco555

I'm not posting anymore comments about this.

October 20, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Marco555

This time i mean it, I'm not posting another comment about this story.

October 20, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • miss

Looks like CNN is scraping the bottom of the barrel for entertainment news today. lol

October 20, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Katie

Who cares..... spoiled brat

October 20, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • solotasq

That wasn't a statement — it was a full-on soliloquy. "I'm not gonna say anything. Not another word. That's it, nothing else. I'm really finished, I honestly have nothing else to say, so don't even ask, because I'm not going to talk about my daughter or my wife or anyone else in my family, because talking about that is wrong. And besides..... "

October 20, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Babak from LA

You are funny....

October 20, 2010 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Merri B

Solotasq – You forgot the rest: and finally, I wish to reiterate that I really meant it when I said I will no longer comment to the press because no one hears or feels my pain and now that I have finally come to the conclusion that I should not say any more, I cannot emphasize enough how much I mean that and will not be responding anymore to anything that my family says or does whether it is right or wrong, I am just going to keep my mouth shut since I finally realize it is getting me nowhere, so these are my last and final words, and I really, really mean it because my family means so much to me. So there. Oh yeah, please refrain from calling or contacting me in any way because as I have said already, I'm NOT going to respond – starting NOW, AFTER I again reiterate that I will NOT be responding.....

October 21, 2010 at 6:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Captain

I don't believe this pig, publicity seeker of a father can keep his mouth shut – if he would have done what a good father should have when she was younger this problem would not exist today – sadly to say it is all about money!!

October 21, 2010 at 8:05 am | Report abuse |