Mel Gibson joins cast of 'Hangover 2'
October 19th, 2010

Mel Gibson joins cast of 'Hangover 2'

It looks like Mel Gibson's headed for a "Hangover."

The Hollywood Reporter has confirmed that the 54-year-old actor will join Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms and Justin Bartha in the upcoming film, "The Hangover 2."

In this sequel to the Sin City-set comedy, the rowdy gang of guys makes their way to Bangkok, where they encounter a tattoo artist played by Gibson. Though much of the story line is hush-hush, a source tells the Hollywood Reporter Gibson's cameo is "pivotal" to the plot, which involved one character getting inked during a night of partying.

Gibson's pal Jodie Foster, who co-stars with and directed him in the upcoming film "The Beaver," told Extra TV that she is excited about his "Hangover" gig.

"He really liked the humor in that first movie so I'm glad he'll be in it!" she said, adding that she has no doubt he'll endear himself to his cast mates.

"He is incredibly loved by everyone that's ever come into contact with him or works with him," Foster said. "He is truly the most loved man in the film business, so, hopefully that stands for something."

Update 10/22, 10:10 a.m.:

Director Todd Phillips confirmed to CNN that Mel Gibson won't be making a cameo in "The Hangover 2."

1. oxford web design

Thank you, I have recently been looking for information approximately this subject for a long time and yours is the best I have discovered till now. However, what concerning the bottom line? Are you certain in regards to the supply?|What i don't understood is actually how you are now not really a lot more smartly-favored than you might be right now. You're so intelligent.

April 20, 2012 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
  2. bustaaros

movies

November 20, 2010 at 7:10 pm | Report abuse |
  3. tuiop

thats it

Golmaal 3

November 15, 2010 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  4. tyui

probably

Golmaal 3

November 15, 2010 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Kd

Go Mel! Loved the first one and will definitely be watching the second as well. To all the haters out there hold your tongues because I am sure you all have said something that you wish you could take back and didn't apologize for it either. Or have some views that others would find ignorant.

November 7, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Clarkson

He is NOT in the movie, the entire set had a hissy fit when they found out. Next.

November 6, 2010 at 6:56 pm | Report abuse |
  7. sandy

Jeez Mel – use some teeth whitner would ya? You'd think with all that cash you could afford some basic dental care.

November 5, 2010 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Arglebargle

Is this movie a bio pic about Sideshow Mel's life?

November 5, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Trevor

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AYuwO5iGVxY&w=640&h=390]

November 5, 2010 at 12:20 am | Report abuse |
  10. DETM

People like Mel Gibson and Charlie Sheen are a couple of the poster boys of bad behavior and it sickens me because they have all the money in the world, don't have to worry like the rest of us on how they are going to pay their bills and could do so much in this life to set examples for kids and to help people. I don't care what anybody says, if you so see these peoples movies or shows you are supporting them and thus saying it is okay to act like this. Maybe if we stop seeing their shows, and they loose sponsorship, they might wake up and realize it is NOT okay to act like this.

October 31, 2010 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
  11. BJM

I could not go any longer without speaking out in defense of Mel Gibson's phone tapes. If you use your head you will realize that he was set up. Of course he said all those things, but we don't know what she said or did to him to provoke those comments, he didn't tape her. The fact that she can be so calm while he is spewing vile comments to her, is just proof that she was pushing his buttons and letting him rant. Think about it, how many women do you know that would not scream back or just hang up on their X for that kind of talk? She is a money grubbing "hoe" that used Timothy Dalton (no telling what that cost him) and she moved on to the next victim. Her financial demands are outrageous; I know women that can't even collect $500.00 a month in child support and she wants millions. I hope she pays for her evil deeds. We all have faults, as much as we try to get away from it sometimes, we are all affected by what our parents did when we were growing up; no one ever knows the whole truth unless you either lived it or witnessed ALL of it. Unless you have been exposed to a family member who is an alcholic, you don't know what they are like. I have witnessed a kind and beloved man who would as they say "give you the shirt off his back", doing and saying awful things while intoxicated. As bad as some of Mel's rants have been, I believe the good that he has done through the years and the entertainment he has provided, far outweigh the bad. Remember, he has been exposed in public for something that should have been a private matter. He was set up and he has my sympathy and support.

October 20, 2010 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Michael David Quinn

See my video of me immitatting Mel Gibson ordering a pizza. i even sound like him. youtube,Azmith8,myvideos.

October 20, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Ash

And I am so tired of these racist remarks..what about all of the black actors and entertainers who hate white people.. nobody talks about them.. give me a break

October 20, 2010 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  14. Leelee

The first hangover was absolutely hysterical and anyone who says it wasnt either did not see it or is lying! Mel is the man.. an awesome actor

October 20, 2010 at 8:37 am | Report abuse |
  15. Sam Ferraro

Mel Gibson's biggest problem is that he has become a source of scandal to the Catholic Church. May he seek the mercy of Christ for the damage he has done.

October 20, 2010 at 3:54 am | Report abuse |
  16. GD

What's Sideshow Mel gonna play, one of the drunks?

October 19, 2010 at 10:28 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Rick Sanchez

The character gets drunk and passes out. His friends carry him into Gibson's tattoo parlor. When he wakes up he has "I HATE JEWS" tattooed on his forehead.

October 19, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Rick Sanchez

The character gets drunk and passes out. His friends carry him into Gibson's tattoo parlor and passes out. When he wakes up he has "I HATE JEWS" tattooed on his forehead.

October 19, 2010 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Frank

Oh, God. This is too appropriate. Lol. I love Mel and I love the Hangover. Definitely will see it! Love Jodie, too! Good on her for sticking by her friend!

October 19, 2010 at 9:37 pm | Report abuse |
  20. AOS

All you Mel haters are crazy. He's a great actor & The Hangover was the best comedy I've seen in years. If I boycotted all the movies that had actors & actresses that didn't have the same values as myself or family I would never get to watch a movie again. GET OVER IT!!! I can't wait to see it.

October 19, 2010 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
  21. diva

I love him. I don't care about his political views and all his movies have better morals than most people profess to have. Great actor and director.

October 19, 2010 at 5:59 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Sam

I'm wondering if the producers of Hangover 2 needed a drunken, anti-Semitic lout to play the tattoo artist. If so, they cast the right person. Considering what he's done to his career these sorts of roles are probably the only ones left that anyone in their right mind would hire Gibson for. Next thing you know he'll be starring in some sort of reality show with Dustin "Screech" Diamond and Danny Bonaduce.

October 19, 2010 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Razmatazz

Heee...Haaaw.....can't believe how organized THE 'semites' can be. Newver disappoint...huh!

Just look at the onslaught on Gibson....just cause he made that comment about them......while under the influence...and later .... REPEATEDLY...apologized for it!!

ANYONE....in Jewish controlled Hollywood...who dares the utter anything...so-called anti-semitic...will have his career exterminated for life

Jews....an incredibly unforgiven breed of species! Anything but human!

October 19, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  24. suez

All that money and yellow teeth? ick.

October 19, 2010 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  25. J9

That's one movie I won't be going to!!!

October 19, 2010 at 4:36 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Lauren

As a woman and as a Jew, I would not give this guy one cent through buying a ticket to anything he is even lucky enough to get a role in. He is an embarrassment to the entertainment industry and the human race. Why he has not been arrested is beyond me. Kick his ass all the way back to the Aussies!

October 19, 2010 at 4:00 pm | Report abuse |
  27. SARGEANT MARTIN RIGGS

HEY FORGET ALL THOSE WHO DON'T LIKE ME!

October 19, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  28. dw

I wont go see this now. What a stupid idea to put such an ignorant racist in any movie. come on, jodi. this guy is formerly loved and now... loathed. ticket sales will take a hit with him in the movie. very disappointing

October 19, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  29. SARGEANT LEE BUTTERS

LEAVE MEL ALONE!

October 19, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
  30. SARGEANT MURTAUGH

RIGGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 19, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Greg A.

hahahahahahahahahaha this is amusing as hell, people all bent out of shape cause Mel is in a movie, LOL!

October 19, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Melisa

HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAA SHOWS HOW MUCH WE ALL DON'T HAVE A LIFE....so I am at work bored which I think gives me a reason to come on here and make comments ,and sadly because this is the only website I can get on, but to all of the people making negative comments... you are just entertaining me while you are getting reTARDly mad lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 19, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Greg A.

DAAAAAAAAAAAMN MEL IS GETTING DUMPED ON!

October 19, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  34. brittany

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS. I can not wait.

October 19, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  35. martinikitty

While I loved the first Hangover, I will not be watching the sequel if the makers of the film choose to put someone like Mel Gibson in it. Definite boycott.

October 19, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  36. MadCityBabe

get better Mel! You Rock!

October 19, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  37. MadCityBabe

Mel totally rocks! Everyone takes a trip to the dark side now and then................the best thing he could have done is dump that pyscho hag he got tangled up with................get better Mel

October 19, 2010 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  38. blah blah blah

People talking about not going to see the movie because Mel is in it are stupid. First off, he is still a good actor, 2nd, its not like he is having a leading role. Getting caught up in his life and hating on him need to get a life of their own. Yes he has done things I dont agree about, but thats life. I am sure you are not perfect!

October 19, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  39. obus

Feelin' good at someone else's ridicule,what does dat make u?. Why dnt u leave mel alone and focus on ur secret/worse personal lives.

October 19, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Ana

Why r u people dogging one of the greatest actors of all time?. He ain't perfect so is anybody walking the face of this earth including the Pope!!!! Leave him the hell alone u hypocrites!!!!!!

October 19, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Jim

In that case, I will not watch the movie!

October 19, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Stinkfist

To be honest, in todays society where women are fatties, thus making them larger than men, I feel it is alright to smack them up. I mean, if two guys were fighting and one was 250 pounds and the other was 100 pounds would anyone think it was wrong? Women today have mouths on them that they like to run. They like to act tough. I say smack em. Smack em good.

October 19, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  43. April

I liked the first movie and Galifinakis is awsome so Ill more than likely end up watching the sequel regardless of Gibson. Some wicked funny comments on here though...

October 19, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  44. ROBINSON

WHY THIS MAN WAS NEVER ARRESTED IS JUST ANOTHER HOLLYWOOD GET OUT OF JAIL CARD. HE KNOCKED HER TEETH OUT AND HIT HIS BABY. ANY OTHER MAN WOULD HAVE GONE STRAIGHT TO JAIL.. OH WELL,HE MADE ALL OF HIS MONEY IN THE GOOD OLE USA, HE MIGHT AS WELL SPEND EVERY DIME HERE.

October 19, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
  45. EdwardY

I can't believe there are people who are not going to see the movie because Mel is in it.
    Mike Tyson wasn't a saint and he didn't hurt the film.
    Mel is the perfect star to replace Mike Tyson as the crazy celebrity the Hangover boyz encounter in the film.

October 19, 2010 at 2:34 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Californian

If Mel is in the show or movie my family will not be wasting our time or money. Sorry Jody, we love you, but you need to put some distance between Mel and youself professionally.

October 19, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  47. ed

You should go see a movie to be entertained. If people weren't so nosey perhaps actors could have a private life. Who gives a rat's keister what they do in their perasonal lives, that is their business.

October 19, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Are you kidding?

Jodie, please tell me you aren't serious. This may have been true years ago, but not now. Just proof that all of these Hollywood idiots just validate each other all day long which is why every single last one of them is screwed up in some way.

October 19, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  49. KatrinaCristoff

You guys are all whacked. Mel kicks ass!! Why shouldn't people be allowed to criticize Jews? Didn't they kill Jesus? ? I don't get why it's such a taboo subject. And as for that awful woman he married, have any of you heard the audio tapes? She's all calm because she knows she's recording it- it's a SET UP !! To make her some money that Evil cow! I feel sorry for Mel and I hope his career picks up from here. Imagine, Jew controlling the Media? Say it ain't so.....to deny it is like saying Chinse don't control laundry.............duh

October 19, 2010 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • John K

If the Jews controlled the media, would Mel Gibson still be working? By the way, the Romans nailed Jesus to the cross and Jesus was Jewish.

October 19, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  50. joe

You should just smile and blow me!!!!

October 19, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Grand Dragon

Mel is the greatest! He's welcome to come to our cross burnings anytime. We need to give him all our money. He'll do great things with it, like support his dad who believes Jews were behind 9-11. What would Jesus do? He'd knock Mel's teeth down his throat with a solid right hook. Go Jesus!

October 19, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Bryce Gibson

You people asre so cold he hates his wife who doesn't!

October 19, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  53. melsucks

Great, now I can't see Hangover 2.

October 19, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Keith

I love comedy and I love the cast of the first Hangover, too bad the wife beater is going to bring such a dark cloud over what would have been a great movie to watch.

Boycotting it as well.

October 19, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Joe

Awesome! Go Mel! All the PC whiners can suck it!

October 19, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  56. whynotwrite

Mel is a stroke. Met him when he was in Veracruz filming a few years ago. Some of the old movies were good... then l I had a chance to spend 15 seconds with him. I pretty much told him to shut up and walked away, heck I don´t have to put up with crap from anyone unless their name is on the check. What a loser.

October 19, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Cheets

I don't care about his personal life but I always enjoyed his movies. Even divorces not in Hollywood end in very nasty ways when one or both sides plays dirty. He's a very talented actor and people enjoy watching him.

October 19, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Carl

Loved the Hangover...absolutely hilarious ever since I saw "Porky's" in the 1980's. As for Mel Gibson, let's put to past behind and move on. After all, we do give someone a second chance shall we? Go Mel Gibson...you rock.

October 19, 2010 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sorry

He already got his 2nd chance after his racist rant at the Jewish cop. Then he beat his wife and used the N word a bunch of times. He's also gotten 3 DUI's in the past 2 years!

October 19, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Ronnie

So is he going to beat a woman in it?

October 19, 2010 at 1:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • steven seagal

We can only hope. I'd pay twice if that was in the movie. That'd be cinema gold. Seriously, what happened to the good movies of the 50's and 60's where a dame got slapped around a little or a smart mouth broad caught one when her old man had a bad day at the office or track?

October 19, 2010 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  60. JustMyOpinion

That's too bad. I was looking forward to that movie. I will not put another penny in Mel's pocket.

October 19, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • jamie

OH MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I bet they stop production now for sure !

October 19, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  61. Melisa

THUMBS UP VANESSA! 8)

October 19, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Vanessa

I think Mel will make a great addition to the movie. I've always enjoyed his work. The man's personal life is none of our business. I really think the public needs to chill out. Jodie seems to be a real friend, willing to support Mel even if it's not the popular thing to do. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to Hangover II

October 19, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • jaelin67

At the very least I give her credit for being a good friend to him...nobody ever wants to be your friend/supporter if things get bad in your life except a true friend and they are few and far between ! But I've always liked her anyway...great actors....both of them! Their personal stuff is just that.personal..would we all like to be judged??? Not me...People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.....just a thought.

October 19, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • John K

Vanessa, do you think Jodie Foster would support Mel if he made derogatory comments about lesbians? Would that make her a bad friend if she didn't?

October 19, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Kaaterskill

Soooo, this is a biographical film??

October 19, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Jenns

I LOVED The Hangover but given that I am not into supporting anti-semitic nut-jobs, I guess I will skip this one.

October 19, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Ed Elliott

Love Mel, loved the hangover, can't wait to see how the two blend. As far as the negative blogs, we have all done plenty we wouldn't want publicized, Mel doesn't have that luxury.

October 19, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  66. bandit

i think hangover will be awesome and no matter what mel gibson has done he still remains a good actor

October 19, 2010 at 1:19 pm | Report abuse |
  67. bartman

if you think the first hangover sucked, something is seriously wrong with you...

October 19, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Quilter99

Can't believe this loser would ever be alllowed to work on film or TV agian. Obviously he is mentally duranged with serious control issues!!! Has nothing to do with everybody else being perfiect...it does have to do with acceptable social behavior...Mel Gibson going back to work in public would be like giving Michael Vick a pit bull as a present!!!

October 19, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Sarai

Granted Mel has some issues he needs to work on but I think that woman is lying. She is just after the media fame. And The Hangover was a funny movie.

October 19, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Sarai

Granted Mel has some issues he offer to work on but I think that woman is lying. She is just after the media fame. And The Hangover was a funny movie.

October 19, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  71. TODDBRIDGES

YOU GUYS ARE HATERS ME AND MEL USED TO PARTY ALL THE TIME. GARY COLEMAN (RIP) USED TO HOP ON HIS SHOULDERS AND THE WOULD F STUFF UP. MELS THE MAN AND THE NEXT HANGOVER WONT DISSAPOINT.

October 19, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  72. Booger

WOW! Who knew we had so many perfect people in this world?! Should be a better place.

October 19, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  73. SargeantRiggs

Im gonna get drunk and beat my wife in the movie theater. But only after I spit on a jewdish kid at the concession stand 4 chargin me 5 bucks 4 a box of jujubees

October 19, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Melisa

I thought the hangover was funny .. and whatever to all of you, you are just so uptight.. and who cares what Mel Gibson does, it is what it is.

October 19, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  75. pam

that's a drinking problem

October 19, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  76. pam

Mel Gibson has a major drinking....his behaviors are part of it....don't think it was a good relationship anyway. He should of stayed with his x wife.

October 19, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Gigi

Good actors have been able to overcome scandals in the past. They go for a dark edgy independent film. Show off their talent and in a couple of years no one remembers the scandal. Paul Rubens-Blow Drew Barrymore-Poison Ivy ect. If they are good actors that is what people remember. He needs to get help for his problems(which I think are from substance abuse) but it certainly wont ruin his career.

October 19, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Mel's Awesome

Oh no! Mel doesn't like Jews. I better boycott him. The movie's still going to rake in millions despite you self-righteous LOSERS!

October 19, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • John K

Hey Mel's Awesome...you comment that our comments are worthless to how the movie will perform or to how Mel Gobson will perform. Are we the losers for commenting on Mel Gibson being hired, which is what the article was about or are you the bigger lsoer for commenting on our comments?

October 19, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mel's Awesome

You're the supreme loser for commenting on my comments on the comments. Go eat some kosher dick.

October 19, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Kaia Smith

It has been reported that Zach G.is upset about casting Mel G. Also, for those of you who have said that Mel apologized so move one. Apologies are meaningless if the bad behavior continues. He has not shown any remorse or growth and continues to display his bigotry and misogynist beliefs.Terrible choice in casting but I guess the buzz from this move is exactly what the producers intended which means that the movie plot must be weak at best.

October 19, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mel's Awesome

Oh no! Some fat, bearded, no-name slob John Goodman wannabe doesn't like Mel. Cry me a river.

October 19, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
  80. bbtonly

Hangover did suck! & Mel needs to bleech is teeth! jodi come out of the closet.

October 19, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  81. john

Mel Gibson is back...finally!

October 19, 2010 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  82. StarMan

I used to like Foster and her acting, however, she is now regarded as a has-been by me. She must have a lot of money cause she will never get the roles she once coveted-just my opinion.

October 19, 2010 at 12:43 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Jared

Hangover without a doubt is the funniest movie ever made. I rarely ever buy a DVD or Blue ray, however, with this film i had to buy the blue ray version. As for Mel Gibson, i don't see how anyone could still like that racist bigot jew hater. He is a disgrace to Hollywood, and I will have to unfortunately boycott Hangover 2 now that he is playing in it because of his bigotry.

October 19, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Journo75

LOVED 'The Hangover' – but this just completely ruined the sequel for me.

October 19, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
  85. bugsy

way to go mel. no you can smack a jew, and make us alll proud...

October 19, 2010 at 12:30 pm | Report abuse |
  86. jad31

Won't be spending my hard earned money on this movie. Too bad, I kinda liked the first Hangover.

October 19, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Travis

He is going to do perfect in any comedy he works on. Considering how funny it is to listen to people talk about him as if he's done things millions of others haven't. Get drunk and say stupid things...check. Drive really fast and wreck a car...check. Beat a woman...check. All things that we have hundreds of thousands of people in jail for who did it a LOT worse than he did. Yet, he's the bad guy. It's already so comical, how can you not want to see him in this movie. I will be rooting for him on screen while everyone is disgusted. He's an actual American. Anyone who is middle or lower class should love this guy. If you are a snob and are naive enough to believe that every person you like is a saint, then you won't. No, really. Write a list of people you consider to be people you want to watch. Then, do research on them. Unless your list is made out of the Holy Trinity, you will find all kinds of things that you would condemn. Sorry, people aren't perfect. Get over thinking they ever will be.

October 19, 2010 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mel's Awesome

Totally agree. Mel's great, people's lives are just so pathetic that they need to get all self-righteous and act like condemning him gives their lives some meaning.

October 19, 2010 at 1:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • KingME

I was wondering when I would read the dumbest thing ever...thank you. PS. I think its the blatant racism people don't like...

October 19, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  88. F Mel

unfortunately I won't be watching Hangover 2. I don't see why I should watch this anti semitic, racist, woman-beater. Buying a ticket forgives him of this. I refuse to pay to put money in his pocket and save his career. No matter how funny the movie will be. Maybe if enough people boycott it they'll take him out of the movie. Or it'll send a message that what this man has said and done is UNACCEPTABLE. I hope anyone who knows a Black or Jewish person, or a woman :) will NOT see this movie.

October 19, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Choconet

For most of you with all your Mel bashing where is it getting you? You say you don't like the movie, don't watch it! You say you don't like Mel, then don't support his projects! However, in the end you will see that your little worthless opinions will not matter. Mel continues to be accepted by the industry and continues to carry some kind of clout among them. The fact is the only person that will destroy Mel Gibson will be Mel Gibson! It certainly won't be you and your worthless opinions. Oh and just because someone has an opinion that is contrary to yours does not make them ignorant. It makes you ignorant for thinking that your opinion is the only one that matters.

October 19, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Greg A.

HE IS JUST LIKE ALOT OF PEOPLE, THATS WHY IT'S SO FUNNY. DAMN EVERYONE IS PUTTING THAT DUDE ON BLAST. MEL IS A GREAT ACTOR THOUGH. I'M JUST SAYING IT SHOULD BE HILARIOUS.

October 19, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Maggie

Don't you kids seriously understand how technology has opened up everyone's lives to the public and so immediately? Do you think Mel Gibson is the only person out there that has been drunk and said something he regretted or thtaq has said something stupid? I would have LOVED to have had this information so readily available during John F. Kennedy's days. The supposed most loved president our United States has claimed was a womanizer. Did that take away from his ability to lead our country? Bottom line, I don't care about these individual's sordid personal lives. Do they do their jobs as actors well? Do the writers and producers give us good movies to watch? If yes, then I go see it and ignore all the rest.

October 19, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
  92. opb2

People please! This is not a Mel Gibson movie. This is Hangover 2 (Sequel). My point is if you don't want to see it then don't go see it but Hangover 2 is not about Mel Gibson; you folks are making it about Mel Gibson. He is not the star of the movie, he is playing a role in the movie. I actually enjoyed the first movie and I am not a Mike Tyson fan but that's Mike's life and that's Mel's life. Who are we to judged. Don't get me wrong, I don't like some of the comments that Mel has made but at the same time he doesn't live in my household and nor is he paying my bills. Basically, I like the first movie and I will go see the 2nd movie.

October 19, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Yolanda Pettiford

I can't believe they added this abuser to any movie. I enjoyed the first one but won't watch the next one.

October 19, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mel's Awesome

Uh oh, the producers heard Yolanda isn't going to see it and they shut down production. LOSER!

October 19, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steven Seagal

Yolanda, shut up and get me a beer before I give you another slap.

October 19, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  94. Greg A.

THAT MIGHT ACTUALLY MAKE IT FUNNIER TO WATCH MEL ALL DRUNK HAHA!

October 19, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
  95. AMAU

I can't believe anyone wants to watch this moron – Gibson. He is a drunk, full of hate, and ugly to boot.

October 19, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • LArry luv

You might be surprised at how many other actors are drunk full of hate and ugly to boot. they probably just didnt have a spouse or what ever tape them at a bad moment

October 19, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • jaelin67

I think you have Mel Gibson confused with Early Cuyler!!!!

October 19, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Greg A.

DANE COOK IS WACK!

October 19, 2010 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Greg A.

LOL!!!!!!!

October 19, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Brenda

Thumbs up 2 Jodie Foster! LOVE HER! How do any of u bad mouthing MeL Gibson know that wifey poo didn't set all this up 4 a big PAY OFF??!! I mean really!, who records arguments?! Sounds like a set up 2 me!! And further more, can any of u say u haven't said something degrading about another race??!! ESPECIALLY when ALCOHOL is involed! I LOVE his movies & think he's a FANTASTIC actor! That's my opinion...until u know what's fact OR just media hype n a high profile divorce wouldn't b judging....just saying.....

October 19, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Greg A.

IT SOUNDS LIKE MEL AND JODIE SHOULD MAKE A ROMANTIC COMEDY TOGETHER.

October 19, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Greg A.

IT SOUNDS LIKE JODIE AND MEL SHOULD DO A ROMANTIC TOGETHER, HAHA!

October 19, 2010 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  101. PEK

Jodie doesn't want to end up in the rose garden.

October 19, 2010 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  102. Greg A.

JOIN THE WOLFPACK!!!!!!!!

October 19, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  103. dbox

new track on hangover soundtrack enjoy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH4zZctQPb8

October 19, 2010 at 11:58 am | Report abuse |
  104. mslady

I don't care who's in the Hangover 2 bc I loved the first one, so that makes the second one a must see...period!!!

October 19, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
  105. rbhenson

So, are we suppose to ignore all that has transpired with Mel in the last year and pretend like nothing happened? I'm Tired of being in denial about anybody anymore just because they may be a celebrity! Not a good decision for the film and cast - Chris Brown almost lost his career because of his abusive encounter with Rihanna. He was made to acknowledge his offense and rehabilitate - but, apparently, Mel is above all of this. So, the message is to our youth & anybody else - 'what Mel did must be normal & alright. - NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 19, 2010 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  106. Stevo

I'll probably still see it, but it doesn't make me want to see the movie because he's in it. Bad casting move.

October 19, 2010 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  107. Skip It

Too bad Mel's in the movie. I was looking forward to seeing it. They won't get my wife and I's $$ now.

October 19, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  108. Greg A.

COME ON MEL STOP BE A WOMAN BEATING BIGOT AND MAYBE PEOPLE COULD LEAVE GOOD COMMENTS ABOUT YOU. THIS DUDE HAS NO SHAME, SO TALENTED YET SO STUPID!

October 19, 2010 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  109. Skrew

Leave Mel alone. Stop trying to be so politically correct. One has the right to hate who ever he or she wants to. Doesn't mean they are right. He's formed an opion based on what he has seen. At least he's not a sheep. Baaaa baaaa obamaaaa

October 19, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Stevo

This is an entertainment board. Stop making it about politics. Go throw yourself in Boston harbor with the rest of the Tea Partiers.

October 19, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
    • LArry luv

WHAT DOES OBAMA HAVE TO DO WITH THIS??? I READ ALOT OF THESE COMMENTS THIS IS THE DUMBEST ONE YET. GOOD JOB! my opinion; he said and did some messed up things but thats his personal life. i dont go watch a movie hoping to learn a life lesson from the actors. i go to watch them do thier job and Mel happens to be good at his job.

October 19, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  110. Laugh Out Loud

Jodie Foster is cool. People on this blog have no idea that celebrities have their own social class. You know you bone heads.... remember lower, middle, upper class. But these are Hollywood celebrities making their own world because the outside is full of crownies ready to stomp anyone famous, like Foster and Mel. So f*#k all those whiners who just can't get it up in the morning and F#@k all of them. Mel & Jodie are cool in my book.

October 19, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Stevo

Sorry, Doc Hollywood, but after listening to the way he talked to his ex-, and how he feels about Jewish people, and just his behavior in the years post-The Passion in general, Mel is not cool in my book. And I have no clue how that has anything to do with "getting it up in the morning."

October 19, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  111. Stevo

I know other people commented on this line from Jode Foster, but:

Umm....yeah. About that...

October 19, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  112. TJ,Nebraska

I'm one of the many that thought the first hangover was hilarious,I heard mel gibson was gonna be in it I'm actually excited just because he said and did what he did I think that just because he's famous and punched his wife around and drives drunk,everyone knows someone who has or does drive drunk and beat their wife and just cause he made fun of jews,yes the holocoust was horrible but I think its all marilynn mansons fault lol

October 19, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  113. Mad Max

Mel needs some Crest White Strips!

October 19, 2010 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  114. TooBad

it's very telling that only one person in all of hollywood is supporting gibson.
    personally, i didn't see hangover and i would see it because i heard it was good, but i absolutely will never go to see another mel gibson movie in my life. it is not about gregorieva (who appears to be an imbalanced AW who happened to snag an oscar-winning babby daddy): it is about his egomaniacal behavior over the last decade or so. he definitely is one "star" who would have done better to keep his private life completely private (including his rabid catholicism).

October 19, 2010 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  115. Marc

I loved Hangover but Mel Gibson in H2...I dunno may have to skip it. I'm not really into supporting racist, women beaters.

October 19, 2010 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  116. Greg A.

I THINK ALL THESE COMMENTS ARE HILARIOUS AND IRONICALLY TRUE, HAHA. MEL..... MAN HE'S ANOTHER HASSELHOFF THESE DAYS EXCEPT WITH TALENT HAHAHA!!!!!!!!

October 19, 2010 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  117. Dutcher

Kimanji? Kunta Kinte?

October 19, 2010 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  118. Dutcher

Kimanji!:)

October 19, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
  119. Dutcher

Damn jews. Trying to ruin easter again

October 19, 2010 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
  120. kevin marcelius

She actually meant Was the most Loved Man In Hollywood.

October 19, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  121. DUHDUHDUH

BlahBlahBlah said what I was about to say. That's the format of the last movie to revive someone's image. TYSON's and now MEL's

October 19, 2010 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  122. Dlishh D

I am going to need Mel Gibson to get those teeth bleached. They look horrendous.

October 19, 2010 at 11:26 am | Report abuse |
  123. Mr. Williams

Your right we would have to boycott more than we would like to but you have to start some place! This what the hell is wrong people are weak and don't want to commit to doing whats right! maybe if more people didn't walk around here with simple minds thinking oh well just another racist, bigot, rapist, murder and what ever else violates the core of most good people. Sad that you feel like you have no voice but you will blog all day about what you did rather than helping.
    tell me what does that make you?
    As for me I purchased 38 tickets for my staff and we saw the first Hangover and went back to see the movie three more times because I found it to be that funny but I promise you that if this man (this bigot, racist, coward) graces the screen I will protest and make sure that no one that I know gives this movie a dime.
    Mr. Williams

October 19, 2010 at 11:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Momz

Now who's the Nazi? "Make sure" lol.

October 19, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • you lose

So you purchased 38 tickets to go see a rapist? You want to shame those who go and see part two, but are not ashamed of yourself? Sickening.
      It's a movie. M-O-V-I-E It's not like your electing a public offical. You want to boycott, do it. It frees up more space for me and my friends. The first one was so crowded I could barely hear the punchlines over the laughter

October 20, 2010 at 11:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Who Cares

Like anyone is really going to care that you boycott the movie. The movie will still be a hit because Mel Gibson is in it. As for being unemployed, he by no means needs any more money. He has plenty. I believe he was set up by the russian. She knew what he was like. Knew how to push his buttons to enrage him. Just another almost smart gold digger. Mel still has some good years ahead of himself if he can control his drinking problem.

November 9, 2010 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  124. mel needs to bleach his teeth

eh mate

October 19, 2010 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  125. Daphne

He IS an anti-semite. That is not debatable. We've heard it from his own mouth.

I cannot believe this guy is still getting work.

I am a Republican woman married to a Jewish man who loved The Hangover and I will not see Hangover 2 if Mel Gibson is in it.

October 19, 2010 at 11:18 am | Report abuse |
  126. F Mel Gibson

F Mel Gibson. That is all.

October 19, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
  127. BlahBlahBlah

Does anyone remember who played a "pivotal" role in the first "Hangover"? Mike Tyson – do we need to go over his personal life? That didn't stop anyone from going to see this – in fact his scenes were hilarious. By the time Hangover 2 comes out all of this will be forgotten, unless he screws up again, which isn't impossible

October 19, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  128. @ dougie

Oh Dougie.... if that were the case you would have to boycott 90% of tv and movies. There are many bigots in entertainment.... the media just showcased Mels actions.

October 19, 2010 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  129. Bernie

I think the guy is just troubled. As an American Jew if I can forgive him others should.

October 19, 2010 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  130. Dougie

WHAT A SHAME!!! I WAS LOOKING FORWARD ON SEEING HANGOVER 2 BUT NOW THAT THESE FILM MAKERS PUT THIS JEW HATING BIGOT IN THE FILM, WE WILL NOW PASS LIKE WE DO ON ALL THE BIGOT'S MOVIES. THESE FILM MAKERS SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES FOR PUTTING SUCH A PERSON IN THEIR MOVIE.

October 19, 2010 at 11:03 am | Report abuse |
  131. CHUCK D

saw the first one it was very funny, but I will not watch anything with Mel in it anymore
    and that is real hard cause I loved road warrior (just the first two, not the third that sucked)

October 19, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  132. Ken

Why? Are there some Jewish cast members who need to be beaten up?

October 19, 2010 at 11:00 am | Report abuse |
  133. Fenarkleman

When does Mel Gibson join the cast of America's un-employed? This dude needs serious mental health help. But putting this dude in a movie is the absolute wrong thing to do. Anti-semitic, racist drunks either need help or ostracism. Either way, enough of this guy. If Mel Gibson gets to be in a movie, then let's really crank this thing up and stick Bobby Brown into every flick being made right now, including the latest Jane Austen novel to be put on film. Otherwise, this is a joke. Stop it Hollywood. You are hurting America. You are hurting the world.

October 19, 2010 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  134. Judith

Darn, now I can't go see Hangover 2. I will not spend any of my money on any movie that Mel Gibson is in.

October 19, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  135. chad k.

you people are way too sensitive. things happen with most normal people in this world, and racial slurs unfortunately come out, and not just from "white" people. it doesn't always mean you are a bonafide racist. boycotting his movies because he did something drunk and stupid, or because he said some gnarly things in a private conversation just seems silly.
    he's a great actor, and has made some great movies, so who cares about his personal life? why would it matter? do you shop at wal mart? do you eat at mcdonalds? do you look at pronography? are you so perfect?

October 19, 2010 at 10:52 am | Report abuse |
  136. allanyoung

He apologized for his racist comments. May all you people who hate him for that be forgiven for your mistakes as much as u forgive him.

October 19, 2010 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Daphne

I don't hate him. I just chose not to give him my money.

October 19, 2010 at 11:20 am | Report abuse |
    • Josh

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. He used to be one of my favorite actors. Now he's dead to me.

October 19, 2010 at 12:03 pm | Report abuse |
  137. Rodro

Best comedy ever? You haven't seen many movies. Funny but average at best.

October 19, 2010 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  138. denise crank

i think he has a great big heart. i raised two children under his sign. and i know for a fact, that when they act like that it is for a reason. he is really great actor. i do think that he was telling the truth. the way he behave, i have seen it before in two of my kids. i have allot of information on his sign. i love his movies. great actor. i am 54 all so. i know that he got push in a corner. hate to say it, but i do not trust his ex at all.i can tell his is telling the truth. good luck!

October 19, 2010 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
  139. Billy

Im Jewish, and I am very fond of Mel. Can't wait to see the movie.

October 19, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  140. flashpoint77nyc

Well, "HANGOVER" the movie sucked raw eggs, But I have faith in Mel. If anything, He will rise above the script, and
    give a bravo performance. Personally, I wish I knew Mel, but I would advise him to do the New York Stage, instead.
    Mel's temper channeled through Hamlet or Macbeth, would be the perfect vehicle for this star. Is anyone listening?

October 19, 2010 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  141. Erik

He looks like hell. What a loser to boot. So he can act – big deal.

October 19, 2010 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
  142. ps martin

I thought Hangover was really funny but won't go to the second one if Gibson is in it.

October 19, 2010 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
  143. Izzy

Great I was EXCITED to see this movie now I dunno if I still want to see it. I cant stand this D Bag he needs to go away and be at One with his crazy self!

October 19, 2010 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  144. Gena

No way am I going to see that movie. I have no intention of helping to line the pockets of such a loud mouth racist drunk

October 19, 2010 at 10:46 am | Report abuse |
  145. Joe

With regard to comedy sequels, I think we should bear in mind the differences between Caddyshack and Caddyshack 2. Need I go on?

October 19, 2010 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  146. nat

He has really fallen from and rejected his faith..He is really out there and lost..

October 19, 2010 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  147. Bird

No, Be Quiet, you're not the only one who thought "The Hangover" bit the ring bologna. Long, slow and stupid. Let me take the obvious shot and say that Mel Gibson knows a thing or two about hangovers.

October 19, 2010 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Be Quiet

thank god someone else agrees. Jesus, you tell people you don't like "The Hangover" and they act like you stabbed their child. Relax nerds, it's just a movie.

October 19, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  148. Kevin Dunne

I dont care what Mel Gibson has done recently – I love that man. My favorite movies of the 80s (and yes the 80s was the only decade with good music, good movies and good pop culture) was the Mad Max triology and Lethal Weapon. You dont get much better than Mel Gibson, Schawartzeneggar or Stallone. God bless all three and who cares what they do in their personal lives.

October 19, 2010 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
    • robert

Oingo Boingo, Kenny Loggins, WAM! yea great music in the 80's. As far as the greatest movies, there were some good ones. But there are always a few good ones.

October 19, 2010 at 11:35 am | Report abuse |
  149. John K

How can he be an Anti-Semite and be loved by everyone in the business. If I was doing this movie and heard he was hired, I would quit. I will never watch one of his movies again. I LOVED the hangover, but to protest Gibson's hiring, I will not go see the sequel.

October 19, 2010 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
    • harry

The movie is still going to make millions whether people boycott it or not. The fact that Mel Gibson is going to be in it will probably just draw even more attention to it. If you boycott it, your only hurting yourself cause I'm sure it will be good.

October 19, 2010 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  150. mrB

Let's not forget the racial slurs he threw out there. Not sure If I want to watch the sequel now because it sort of endorses his bigoted beliefs. what a P.O.S.

October 19, 2010 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Josh

@ tyson. What century are you from. Where you not hugged enough? What's. Your major malfunction? Go crawl back under the rock you slithered out from.

October 19, 2010 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  151. Mike in NC

It's nice to see soo many libs on this post! You can tell by the venom inserted in the comments. He is not perfect but the last "perfect" human being was strapped to a cross and killed for YOUR sins. Let's not cast stones...too much glass in your house, you know!

October 19, 2010 at 10:35 am | Report abuse |
    • really

Woah buddy, this is about a film not politics. You sir are a shmuck. And Mel Gibson is still a bigot. You don't have to be perfect, but the constant vitriol coming out of this guys mouth makes him a tool.

October 19, 2010 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Deca

There are no perfect people in this world, only perfect intentions. I pray that nobody will ever be killed on my account. As far as I know, no one has died as a direct result of anything I've done and I'd like to keep it that way, so please don't presuppose things about people reading this comment board that you know nothing about.

October 19, 2010 at 10:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Hutch

Don't inject politics and religion where it doesn't belong.

October 19, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Paul

We're talking about Mel Gibson and you bring up fairy tales.

October 19, 2010 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  152. maggieB

I used to admire Ms. Foster. No longer. Mel Gibson is an anti-Semitic, racist has-been. I will boycott everything he is in and everything his supporters are in.

October 19, 2010 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  153. caleb w

This is crap! How are the going to cast a Racist, Anti Semitic, Women Beating, Abusive Pig. Not only does he not deserve to be in this movie, Mel Gibson should be flogged! I loved the Hang Over but, like many others, will probly not watch the sequel. I'm very disappointed.

October 19, 2010 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
    • anon

All the producers did was replace mike tyson (a drug abusing, accused wife beating, thug) with mel gibson ( an alchoholic, alleged wife beating, anti-semite). So to all of you that loved the first movie and are enraged that mel is in the second movie... i say what is the difference?

October 19, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fifi

Lose the skirt, and get over it

October 20, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  154. mejazzbo

He will certainly add to the fun. GO, MELL!!!!

October 19, 2010 at 10:33 am | Report abuse |
  155. Stach

"He is incredibly loved by everyone that's ever come into contact ..."

Who does Jodie thinks she's kidding? Did she bother to confirm this with Oksana Grigorieva? Most loved? He kind of ranks up there with Russell Crowe, doesn't he?

October 19, 2010 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
  156. BOBO

Guess the Producer was looking for an Anti-Semite to round out the cast

October 19, 2010 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
    • G. kenny

He is certainly not anti-semitic..only anti-protestant...who are either orange or masons and hate all other religions. KKK were also another protestant hate group.

October 19, 2010 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
    • Josh

@G-Kenny: he most certainly is an Anti-Semite. On numerous occasions he's made nasty comments about Jews. In addition, his father is a Nazi. He rabidly blamed the Jews for 9-11 & Mel refused to disagree with him. Get you head out of the sand. The man is poison. Period.

October 19, 2010 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
  157. DN

Will Gibson have swastikas tattooed all over his body? His casting will hurt the film. What is the director thinking?

October 19, 2010 at 10:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Todd

If you think Mel being cast in this movie will hurt it whatsoever you are the crazy one here. I am sure anyone that saw the first one will see the second be it because they liked the first or out of pure boredom.

October 19, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Blah

Oh because Mike Tyson hurt the casting in the first flick – right?.... don't forget about Tyson's history and period of time in jail. If you have an issue with the film – practice your own sense of censorship and don't go see it.

October 19, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
  158. Troy

"the most loved man"? He beat his wife, knocked out her teeth and threatened to kill her and himself. He has never apologized nor sought help. He is an anti-semite. Also, whoever gave him the advice to do "THe Hangover 2" after all his problems with alchohol should be fired.

October 19, 2010 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Cat

First of all, it wasn't his wife. His actual wife has said he was never violent with her. Second of all, that chick is a money grubbing 'ho. She tried to launch her music career with her affiliation with Mel Gibson, who blindly supported that endeavor finanically. I don't agree with him on alot of issues but she purposely taped his rants and tried to black mail him. She has 40 lawyers trying to get more money out of him. Ridiculous. She ought to be deported.

October 19, 2010 at 10:48 am | Report abuse |
    • aatami

CAT – How could you defend this guy? Did you not hear his psychotic ranting? He threatens the life of another human being. Whatever you think of his childs mother is not the issue. This guy has some serious problems and it's people like you who add to the problem by holding ridiculous and ignorant oppinions like the one you stated here. Do humanity a favor, take a long walk on a short pier.

October 19, 2010 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Be Quiet

@Cat So, since it wasn't his actual wife, it was OK to beat her up? Nice.

October 19, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Bibliophile

That woman was not his wife; her teeth were capped, which caps he knocked off. Not quite the same.
      I'm not excusing his behavior, just saying that grifter Gibson was involved with has spun the whole incident.
      Jodie Foster needs a reality check.

October 19, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
  159. EricLr

He is, by most accounts, an affable and likable guy–at least when he's sober. Most people who've worked with him loved him, even if he is a little (scratch that–a lot) crazy.

October 19, 2010 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Satan

Crazy people are the most entertaining, The fu...king crazier the better.

October 19, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brenda2

Yes. Alcohol can make even nice people do and say really, really stupid and mean things. In vino NO veretas!

October 19, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
  160. Matt

I am sure he will be hungover during the shooting of his scenes.

October 19, 2010 at 10:13 am | Report abuse |
    • missy

lol, hopefully he doesn't get mad at anyone.

October 19, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
    • opb2

Mel may not be the best person off screen but he is a really good actor even if some of his parts show the craziness in him; but overall he is a good actor. I did enjoy Hangover and I am looking forward to the sequel not necessarily to see Mel but because I enjoyed the first movie.

October 19, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Notnutty

Who are these nuts arguing that folks should spend money to see an actor who is a bigot and racist? If you don't spend your entertainment dollars more wisely, you may be as unforgivable as Mel Gibson

October 19, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  161. anne

Jodie may be a faithful friend to Mel-but 'the most loved man in the film business?'–A bit of hyperbole there.

October 19, 2010 at 10:03 am | Report abuse |
    • Steven Segal

Jodie knows he'll give her a good backhand if she tells the truth.

October 19, 2010 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Brenda

I thought Jodie Foster was a pretty smart cookie, past tense. Mel Gibson is a POS. Why would anyone want to stand close to him?

October 19, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Conner

I love it when people actually get caught up in the personal lives of actors and actresses. Who the hell cares? Mel Gibson is a crass, pathetic human being at times but that doesn't change the fact he has had some awesome roles. Yeah, I will go see it because I found the first one mildly humorous and I can distinguish between screen persona and reality. I wouldn't want to hang out with the guy but I don't mind his acting...

October 19, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • It's SEAGAL

Segal lol

October 19, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hitler

Mel is an anti-semite, and a a racist, I really dont care. some of the funniest and most entertaining people are the ones that are way out there. I dont care who he hates, Im sure he will do awesome in this role. Gonna be funny as hell.

October 19, 2010 at 2:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brenda2

None of us really know what has happened in Mel's life... It's not like any of us know him. I'd trust Jodie Foster before any of the commenters on here. I am hoping he just made some bad decisions that he is now past. It's undeniable Mel is a great actor.

October 19, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • ikantraed

Mel was set up by some russian skannky trashy hooe bag.. who was after his money.. I would have been upset myself if I was screwwed over like he was... deep down that lady was trying to hurt him... she was even smiling when she had her picture taken of her chipped tooth... Yeah, right... Some distressed look she had... Riiiiiiight.

Go Mel go!!!!

October 20, 2010 at 5:26 am | Report abuse |
  162. JT

I agree with you on the first part, but how could you not like the Hangover? It was THE best comedy ever.

October 19, 2010 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  163. maddawg

lmao @ u....

i'd hate to be at a party with you.......

ur way too much of a party pooper and have a serious lack of humor!

it must really suck to be you day after day.

October 19, 2010 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  164. JOE

You suck. That is all.

October 19, 2010 at 10:29 am | Report abuse |
  165. rc

I agree. I was expecting a lot more than what I saw. It had it's moments but overall I did not find it overly funny. Not enough to want to see any sequel.

October 19, 2010 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  166. rc

I do like mel gibson though.

October 19, 2010 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  167. Be Quiet

@maddawg It must suck to be me day after day because I didn't like a movie that you like? Wow, way to go to extremes. I actually think I have a great sense of humor – which is why I know that movie SUCKED.

October 19, 2010 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  168. Fran

I agree the movie wasn't great but it didn't suck either. "Very Bad Things" is a much better movie and is basically the same story.

October 19, 2010 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  169. jonas

i wonder what type of preparation he will do for his role.

October 19, 2010 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  170. Really

Be Quiet.......... You are no longer a part of the Wolf Pack!!

October 19, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  171. Concerned Comedian

Why would the likes of Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms and Justin Bartha, allow for Mel Gibson, the racist, jew-bashing, POS that he is, to tarnish a comedy gem like the Hangover movies. I just don't understand how other actors are willing to work with someone like Mel Gibson...

October 19, 2010 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  172. McChrist

@Be Quiet – I'll bet you're one of those knobs who thinks Dane Cook is hilarious.

October 19, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  173. Be Quiet

@McChrist Actually, no, I think Dane Cook sucks.

October 19, 2010 at 12:04 pm | Report abuse |
  174. whacker

I thought the Hangover sucked, too. The only amusing part was the end credits. You are not alone, lots of people hated it.

October 19, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  175. Mike

If you didn't like the first one, you probably have crap taste. Mel Gibson is a great actor, personal matters aside.

October 19, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
  176. Chad E.

I loved the Hangover..
    But sad very sad to hear. That Mel Gibson will be appearing in the sequel. I will certainly BOYCOTT # two.
    Hey by the way. Where the hell is Mike Tyson??? I would love to see him run into Mr. Gibson on the set.

October 19, 2010 at 12:22 pm | Report abuse |
  177. Tridewd

Be Quiet. you have a SERIOUS lack of humor issue going on. You are probably one of those guys who takes everything TOO seriously. Theres still time ..smile a bit and enjoy!

So what films, in your opinion, are humorous?Pls share.

October 19, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  178. Tom

Meh, the Hangover wasn't that great. I thought "Get him to the Greek" and "Hot Tub Time Machine" were way funnier...

I do like Galifianakis though...

October 19, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  179. JT

The Hangover is funny, but not as funny as the mob mentality is making it out to be. Also, it's funny if you never grew up. What's funny to me is how everyone is trying to be the same person nowadays.

October 19, 2010 at 12:52 pm | Report abuse |
  180. dave

Hangover was an average movie at best!

October 19, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
  181. KP

I agree 100%, on crack was the same word I was about to use regarding "incredibly loved"... and to think, until this moment when I read Jodiei's statement that I was a fan of hers. Hangover isn't my ususal choice of comedy, however I loved the film and the sequel Hangover 2 has just been ruined for me with Mel cast in it. I wont watch this movie let alone pay for it.

October 19, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  182. Zero

Horray! For the Rasist juebahser Mel Gibson! That Drunk anti-semmit, wife beating,hater! All N!jjERS must DIE! YOU CAN TAKE MY MULTIRACIAL XWIFE BUT YOU CAN"T TAKE MY LOYAL FAN BASE!

October 19, 2010 at 1:09 pm | Report abuse |
  183. Be Quiet

@Tridewd Why make such a big assumption about me based on the fact that I didn't like one single movie? I go through life "smiling and enjoying" and laugh every single day.

Since you've asked about what movies I think are funny...let's see, I really liked Anchorman, Adventureland, Dazed and Confused, Zombieland. Now, if you don't like any of those, it's OK by me. Really, it is.

However, I really hope you do like them, because I really cherish our internet friendship and hope it isn't ruined forever.

October 19, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  184. lia

Hot Tub Time Machine was idiotic and Get Him to the Greek looks idiotic. The Hangover was good.

October 19, 2010 at 1:14 pm | Report abuse |
  185. Happy to be jewish

Loved the first Hangover movie will not be going to see the second now that Nazi is going to be in it !!!!

October 19, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  186. Whatever

Wow – While I agree that this man has his problems (and they are severe), I am constantly amazed at peoples rdicule of others while having their own demons. How many of the people posting on this board have had domestic violence issues, addiction issues, theft issues, and more likely then not racist and bigoted behavior. Just because you are not caught or your life is not a public spectacle, does not mean it is any less real. I am no saint, I just refuse to tear down people even though I disagree with their views or behavior. This guy needs help.

I agree – If you do not like Mel just bycott the movie. Send much more of a message by impacting $$$$ then a rant on an unobscure board. I personally intend to not see the movie...

October 19, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  187. PCola Vet

Nopt sure about your taste in comedies dude, the Hangover was HILARIOUS. If you didin't like the first one, why even bother posting?

October 19, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  188. I am Carlos

I loved the Hangover and cant wait to see the sequel, especially with Mel, its gonna rock.

October 19, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  189. megtka

October 19, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  190. Ian

Gotta agree with the original poster on this one. Didn't like "The Hangover" and had REALLY high hopes for it. All the jokes are recycled from other things and the whole "Crazy time in Las Vegas" has been done to death. Also, there's probably no real reason for this, but I just don't like Bradley Cooper. Don't know why and can't explain it. Always seems smug in everything I see him playing. I'm sure he's great if you get to know him, but whatever.

October 19, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  191. Kathy

I agree; Jody Foster has blinders on. Mel Gibson is not loved by everyone who meets him. I would not bother to cross the street to meet him.

October 19, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  192. CJ Johnson

You mean the most HATED man in show business, right??? I won't be supporting anything he appears in regardless of who appears in them.

October 19, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  193. mike

i loved the hangover but wont watch anything with mel in it. So thanks hollywood for ruining yet another great movie

October 19, 2010 at 2:24 pm | Report abuse |
  194. jamie

I think first of all read those first names again OUT LOUD.....then let's see, oh yeah there's MEL GIBSON !!! A long-time, award-winning,extremely successful actor and then there is that other thing, what is it again? oh yeah.....THE MONEY they will make !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ya think that might have something to do with it? But the bottom line here is that probably they are all actors and they really enjoy ( and are good at) what they do for a living....entertainment......movies....acting...get it?

October 19, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  195. jamie

WWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 19, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
  196. SJB

He meant to say Carrot Top. He's more your speed.

October 19, 2010 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |