It's all about Kim on 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'
October 19th, 2010

It's all about Kim on 'Real Housewives of Atlanta'

Tell me “Real Housewives of Atlanta” fans: Am I the only one who would be totally content to watch an entire episode of just Kandi commenting on Kim’s foolishness?

That’s almost what we got with this week’s episode. It was made all the better thanks to Kandi’s deadpan delivery of her opinions about Kim who, along with Sweetie (really, that’s Kim’s assistant’s name), traveled to Palm Springs to perform at the White Party.

Okay, it does feel a little wrong to type the word “perform” to describe what Kim did. She basically walked around the stage to “Tardy for the Party” while trying to avoid a wardrobe malfunction as hot bodied dudes gyrated about. Good times.

Kandi (did I mention I love her?) nailed it when she commented that Kim has made one single and now thinks she’s Lady Gaga. Kim was acting like she was the new gay icon at the event, and I loved how she fawned over the very attractive men there who clearly weren't checking for her.

To be frank, Kim needs to get over herself. Asking Kandi to sing back up, bringing along a limo filled with a ridiculous amount of Louis Vuitton luggage and generally acting like she has an actual music career had me shaking my head at Ms. Kim.

Phaedra, meanwhile, was not to be outdone in the “I think I’m the [expletive]” department and presented viewers with her theories about racial dynamics.

According to her, she and husband Apollo are unable to get on the same page about how best to discipline the child they're having together because he’s biracial. Apparently, he also can’t appreciate the finer foods she enjoys because of his racial make-up. Wow, I say. Just wow.

I pity the “relationship mentors” we met who are helping the couple to navigate their new marriage. While Apollo tried to express how important quality time was to him (apparently due in part to his incarceration for several years), Phaedra talked about how much she loves receiving gifts and how Apollo can just check with her staff to find out what she likes, to which I responded with a big ‘ol “SIGH.”

Phaedra was also quite annoyed that folks can’t let go of the fact that Apollo has been to prison, since in her opinion he’s no different than Martha Stewart. How she said that with a straight face is still a mystery to me.

Since Kim got so much screen time this week, we only got bits and pieces of the other ladies, including Sheree’s meeting with Dwight, where she called him out over his claim of having sunk $30K into her fashion show, as well as the introduction of her 24-year-old daughter. Where has that kid been hiding?

But in the end, I enjoyed this episode. Did you?

1. Amy

Kim that black outfit you wore (to sing in) was ridiculous. Looked like a dress for someone several sizes smaller. Act your age whatever that is.

October 25, 2010 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  2. meme

So glad to see others think like me. All these women act like they are so high class. NOT. Phaedra is a racist and I feel sorry that she is bringing a baby in to this world. Why would she think that white people do not know about "finer foods". Do white people eat just canned and processed food. How in the world did she become a lawyer and still be so ignorant. Other than alimony or divorce settlements, where does the money come from? Websites seem to say most of these women are in huge debts if not bankruptcy. And that stupid Sheree, to tell her daughter that she is not old enough to be a grandmother. LOL. What do you think happens when you have a baby out of wedlock at such a young age, and then have the nerve to say "young people do things differently these days" because your daughter is going to "live with" her boyfriend. Ugh. I watch this show and I am thankful I have more class and dignity then all of you!

October 24, 2010 at 11:37 pm | Report abuse |
  3. MzJones

I'm Black and I think Phaedra is a racist moron who should be shot out of a freakin cannon. Smh, what an idiot.

October 21, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Soljagurl

I LOVE LOVE LOVE TRHWOA. Pheadra and Apollo wont last to much longer. Just because he's bi-racial means nothing. Ok the Bible says spare the rod spoil the child but she has no clue how he was raised. You don thave to beat your child to raise them right. Maybe she needs her Upity ass whooped and take the SNOT out. Kandy is HILARIOUS!! She is so right about Kim... Nene, give it up sista, the boy is grown. He makes grown decisions, let him live with the grown consequences. Sheree is GARBAGE. Dwight is THE MAN!! Cynthia, dont know anything about her... we will see in the season.

October 20, 2010 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  5. TONY

Tony2tony@yahoo.com I THINK THAT THIS AND THE OTHER HOUSEWIVE'S SHOW IS ALOT ABOUT NOTHING! THESE SHOWS ARE JUST A FORUM TO GIVE A BUNCH OF SELF-CENTERED PEOPLE THEIR 15 MINUTES OF FOOLISH FAME!! THERE IS MUCH MORE SERIOUS MATTERS IN THE WORLD BESIDE THESE PEOPLE CHILDISH PERFORMANCES!!!

October 20, 2010 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Amy

Your right, but why is it so addictive. I have better things to do but I watch.

October 25, 2010 at 8:56 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Frank

I just want to say that I hate the White Party. Just a bunch of vapid body fascists.

October 19, 2010 at 9:34 pm | Report abuse |
  7. viewer

Kim is a mess. She needs to get over herself, she sounds HORRIBLE. Kandi, I think she is ok. I don't think she wil be missed if she doesnt return to the show. Sheree's daughter was in college. I guess you missed that. Happy to see a softer side of her. She has the most class on this show. Nene, if cant say something nice, I should just leave that ghetto, insecure, wig wearing hood rat alone. Ms. Phaedra, I thought you would be a breathe of fresh air. You have turned out to be the exact opposite. You say some of the most ignorant things. Cynthia, why are you on this show again? Go away, no one will mis you or your crooked street dealing husband!

October 19, 2010 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Tardy For The Party

Kandi explained ( can't remember where I read it) that she and Kim were going to split any royalties, then Kim's lawyer told Kim to hold on to %100 of any royalties. Kandi didn't fight it, saying "I'll just give her that one", then that piece of crap went on to make over $100,000. Kandi has since explained that if Kim wants to work with her again, Kim is going to have to pay for her services. Kandi seriously got robbed both financially and for having to listen to Kim sing without autotune. Blecch!

October 19, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Kath

I was waiting for Kim's wig to blow off,,, now that would have made the show. LOL

October 19, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  10. RCCola

If you remember in the first season it was revealed on other media outlets that Sheree was passing off her eldest daughter (whom she had at a very young age) as her assistant. She was the assistant that was helping her organize her big housewarming (freedom?) party.

October 19, 2010 at 3:01 pm | Report abuse |
  11. TREVA

HOW is it that Kandi never got paid for that song?? she rewrote it and recrded it, didn't they have some kind of contract?? come on Kandi, YOU were the professional in the situation

October 19, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • jasmine

she said something about it in the first episode. I guess it was just a verbal agreement that they would split half b/c she didn't think it would be as big as it was. But Kim got a lawyer and the lawyer told Kim that she didnt have to give Kandi anything. Kandi said she learned her lesson and will not do anything for free anymore. I think that just shows the real personality that Kim has. Kandi made her a star b/c Kim knows just like the rest of us that she can not sing and yet you played the only real friend she probably had.

October 19, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  12. El Jefe

Does anybody else think Lisa Respers France is a d0uche?

October 19, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  13. John Daniels

What a waste of time and space. The entire show, the entire concept is worthless. No wonder the rest of the world hates us.

October 19, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Melody

Phaedra is discusting! How dare she say that because her husband was raised in a "white household" that he is not used to the finer foods but canned foods and packaged meats rather! What planet does she live on? That does not make any sense! Obvioulsy she is rascist!! I feel sorry for her husband and her unborn child!!

October 19, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kate

It's amazing to me that it's ok for a black person to make negative, stereotypical comments about white people and no one is up in arms but God forbid it's the other way around. Talk about double standard.

October 19, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Child, Please!

A mind is a terrible thing to waste, people.....

October 19, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Tee

I enjoyed laughing at Kandi and her remarks about Kim. Like you I think Kim needs to get over herself b/c she is no da** superstar. She got on my nerves about her boobs and the dress flying up. Who cares? They were gay so they couldn't careless about your boobs or your va jay jay. Anyway, NeNe kills me attempting to be high class and then names her dog "Playa." Really you are not high class if you give your dog a hood name. Get real NeNe. Sheree' well she's always been over the top. Last week when she mentioned she had 3 kids on her blind date I was like where did the 3rd child come from. It looks as though her daughter is good girl w/a good head on her shoulders and not over the top like her mom. Phaedra get over yourself. If all you wanted was gifts you should have married Big Poppa or at least been in a relationship w/him or someone like him. You have an ex-con for a husband. Where will he get money from to buy you these lavish gifts you want? The model chick gets on my nerves. The man obviously loves her so why not marry him. She is just afraid of a true committment so just say that and move on. I actually could careless about her being on the show. She bores me.

October 19, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |