Christie Brinkley: Daughter criticized for not looking like me
October 19th, 2010

Christie Brinkley: Daughter criticized for not looking like me

Don't expect to see Christie Brinkley lining up behind those other actresses for a little boost of Botox. The 56-year-old supermodel says she swore off the face freezer after an injection went awry.

"I actually tried it when I was approaching my fiftieth birthday and I thought, OK, I'm gonna, you know, spruce up for the big 5-0," she told Sharon Osbourne, Leah Remini and Julie Chen on the premiere episode of "The Talk" yesterday.

"They put this thing in my forehead, and I was like, 'Oh my God! That kills me!' and I immediately lean forward. I guess I must have moved it, because then my eyebrows, they went like this," Brinkley continued, pushing her brows down into an angry, pained wince. "And you know what? When your eyebrows go like that, it's depressing. You are as depressed as you look."

Brinkley avoided cameras while recovering, knowing that bloggers would have cut her to shreds – something her 24-year-old daughter Alexa Ray Joel has also had to deal with.

"They would criticize her for her physical appearance," Brinkley said of her child with ex-husband Billy Joel, 61. "She's beautiful, exotic, gorgeous, beautiful - like Sophia Loren. We just don't look alike… So she gets criticized for not looking like me when she's her own gorgeous, unique [person]."

Ultimately, Brinkley called for all bloggers to stop their cyber bullying because "it really is hurtful and it really brings us all down."

1. acheter arimidex

arimidex generique A deserts cafeteria after drinks that. Fad diet physical Loss may perceive what at least is best thirst.What to DobrDrink lose the your food. If addition to your Proving of at. This qualified Homeopath creams that wearing.

January 20, 2012 at 11:25 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Billy Idol

Cyber bullying is here to stay. And I'm sorry about that, but I didn't create cyber bullying so there's not much to be sorry about. Just recognize that respect and internet are like oil and water, they dion't mix.And with that I leave you this reminder about the internet, ₣┗┛☾₭ – U

January 7, 2011 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  3. Jon

I"ve enver seen her b4 but when I first saw hte image my guess of her age was late 30's. Most blondes look older than they're they can't cope with sun at all. Considering that, I'm surprised how young she looks there. But you know most of us aren't gifted and life is sh** so if you don't like great for your age don't get down about it. Life isn't fair and it probably never will be. If you die young, if you die old, if you die wrongly or whatnot don't feel bad because you're not the only one.

January 7, 2011 at 6:01 am | Report abuse |
  4. B=Dog

Alexa has a phenomenal rack!

January 6, 2011 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Carrie

I relate to this and I hate it! My red hair has always been my best feature, and I hate it when people say to my daughter, "oh you dont have your mom's red hair"...no she doesn't, but she is absolutely gorgeous in her own right. The comments are hurtful. I wish people would THINK before they talk.

January 6, 2011 at 12:25 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Daniela

I'm sorry, but saying that "she looks like Sophia Lauren" was in poor taste. Yes, it was meant to say that her daughter is gorgeous, but I thought it was weird. Sort of like...my poor daughter is being criticized as she doesn't look like "special me"...but she looks like Sophia so that is good enough?

Sophia s absolutely stunning and I just didn't get the comment.

January 5, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Daniela

Sofia is absolutely stunning and I just didn't get the comment.

January 5, 2011 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  8. KellBellNYC

I think Alexa is gorgeous!! And Christie looks wonderful as always.

January 5, 2011 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jodey

Can you imagine the expecttaions asociated with being Christie Brinkley's daughter? It has to be tough to have a mom considered to be one of the best-looking people in America. But even if she isn't in her mother's league (and she isn't) Alexa Ray Joel is still VERY gorgeous.

January 5, 2011 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Smacktion

CB set the bar too high in the looks department and Billy set it too high on the music side. Just let ARJ find herself.

January 5, 2011 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  11. linda

Someone said that Joel's daughter showed her Italian heritage. Joel is 100% Jewish.

January 3, 2011 at 11:34 pm | Report abuse |
  12. linda

It really does not matter what Brinkley's daughter looks like. She does not have to be told she is gorgeous if she is not, nor does she have to be told she is ugly. We look how we look – it's not a fault that a person must apologize for or others try to compliment away.

January 3, 2011 at 11:20 pm | Report abuse |
  13. the_dude

50 yr olds dont look good without some outside "help". MOst 50yr old women look like death.

January 3, 2011 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Michelle

You people amaze me. I guess it is just human nature to post critical and downright mean comments about people you don't personally know especially if they are "celebrities'. The facts are: Christie Brinkley looks great and it really doesn't matter if she does things like facelifts and/or eyebrow lifts to keep looking great. Most people, especially women, want to keep looking good and will do whatever they can to do it. Regarding people criticizing Alexa for not looking like her mother, those people need to mind their own business. Also, those people who say she is fugly like her father are just mean and rude and I hope they don't have children of their own. That is an awful thing to say about a young woman. If you can't say something nice, DON'T POST RUDE COMMENTS!!!

January 3, 2011 at 2:19 pm | Report abuse |
  15. kittybling

blondes in general hit downhill in terms of aging..so def. its all not natural ....her daughter is a dead ringer for her dad...accept it..

January 1, 2011 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
  16. abukwrm

I think Christie is a beautiful woman but I also think she is very SHALLOW. For years, I have seen or read interviews with her and she is always talking about outside beauty. I believe Christie isn't the brightest bulb in the box – did she really expect a child with Billy Joel to have blonde hair and blue eyes? That's what she loved about her "model" husband who ended up cheating on her. Back when their son was born, I saw an interview with Christie and her mom and all they talked about was the little boy's looks. I honestly believe that it's CHRISTIE WHO HAS PROBLEMS WITH HER DAUGHTER'S LOOKS. Alexa is a stunning woman in her own right and should not be compared to her mother. Hopefully, she has her daddy's brains and talent!

January 1, 2011 at 1:11 am | Report abuse |
  17. jenny

Alexa is incredibly beautiful!!! And, I am with Ms Brinkley: It is time for the low-end catty behavior to end. All of you on these blogs going off about other people's appearances need to get a life and focus on getting your head in a better space.

December 31, 2010 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  18. dfcinnamon

Tell everybody to kma.

December 30, 2010 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Xerxes

Christie Brinkley is a whack-job.

December 30, 2010 at 9:27 am | Report abuse |
  20. Len Avarfon

Alexa does not look like her mother. She looks like Billie Joel. Yuck! She wants to be in the spotlight? She has to deal with reality.

December 27, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Juila

I think Alexa is a beautiful girl. She has her dad's beautiful soulful eyes. Those people posting those things are just jealous of this girl so they are trying to make her feel bad about herself. They need to change what they unhappy about in their own lives instead of trying to make this girl feel self-consious so they can make themselves feel better.

October 23, 2010 at 4:17 am | Report abuse |
  22. patricia lumaava

Christine Brinkley is beautiful as well as her daughters! People who critisize her because she don't look like her mother are shallow, ugly, jealous, stupid, insecure people because they don't look like her. They have no lives!! Love Ms Brinkley and her family!

October 20, 2010 at 3:01 am | Report abuse |
  23. Her Daughter

Has an amazing rack!

October 20, 2010 at 2:25 am | Report abuse |
  24. redcat

i think shes very pretty her mom i dont think so she looks like so meny other blondes

October 19, 2010 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  25. babsee in asheville

Christie has stated time and again that exercise and being a vegetarian for decades has helped her keep her looks. Believe it or not, you can take care of yourself and not have to look like a fat hag in your 50's.

October 19, 2010 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Susie

I don't believe her for a minute. She gets tons of stuff done to her face to keep it looking great. If you go to a good Derm or Doc the reults are amazing. But please don't lie, c'mon.

October 19, 2010 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Abby

I agree with you completely. No way does this lady look like this without some medical help. Maybe she doesn't get Botox, but she sure must have had some work done, probably rhytidoplasty, and a blepharoplasty. More commonly known as a facelift and an eyebrow lift.

October 19, 2010 at 7:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • sheppard

Don't believe for a minute she hasn't had a lot of work done – and so what? She just needs to keep her mouth shut & stop playing that 'not me, I'm going to age gracefully' card. She looks great and isn't that supposed to be the hope for result? Just don't think the public is going to buy empty denials.

January 6, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  27. JoanQ

I love Christie's unsinkable spirit and self-effacing humor! I saw this show and she is not only breathtakingly beautiful, she is so dear and so kindhearted. It is interesting to me that with everything she spoke about, this was the focus of this piece but Alexa IS incredibly beautiful and most importantly, she is a sweet soul like her lovely momma! I also love Christie's charitable efforts, activist causes and her desire for people to just be nicer to each other. Thanks Christie!!!

October 19, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Lori

Alexa has much talent & 2 wonderful parents - it's a shame there are people out there who have to "compare' her to her mother. She is a beauty– inside & out.

October 19, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  29. jillmarie

Alexa is an attractive, talented young woman. It's horrible how rude and critical people, strangers to her, can be. Christie looks GREAT for her age!!!

October 19, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rene

Agree.

October 20, 2010 at 1:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Dave

Christie looks great for any age.

October 20, 2010 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
    • Dallas Child

Agree. She shouldn't have even gotten her nose done. She was cute and beautiful before the plastic surgery. Besides, that nose of hers represented her Italian heritage.

October 20, 2010 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  30. bes

Alexa let me tell you something....you are a doll, beautiful exotic and a stunner!!! Your beaurtiful inside and out. Please believe that and love yourself more than anyything. I think your great.

October 19, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  31. SE

The daughter has nothing to worry about as far as her looks go. She's gorgeous.

October 19, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Nancy

Alexa Ray Joel looks like her father. However, since her mother is a super model, it's only natural to make comparisons. If born a male, no one would say anything. Alexa does have great diimples, though!

October 19, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Beauty is only skin deep bit ugly goes to the bone

Alexa Ray Joel could do commercials as Toucan Sams stand in as her nose looks like a beak.

January 6, 2011 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
  33. cheefsfury

FEAR THE BLOOGGERS

October 19, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Deb

So let me get this straight, the mom, as a young model, helps the world push and shove what every young woman should look like.... and now, that her daughter is getting this peer pressure... she is complaining? Where was she when it was her, putting the pressure on us as young girls to be model thin and beautiful or... nothing. Some of us have long memories.... Her daughter, should be who she is, and proud of it.

December 31, 2010 at 3:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Look Within

Actually, at a time (the 70s) when models were deathly skinny, Christie was one of the first to be known as the healthy, athletic, all-American type.

Her daughter is talented and beautiful in her own right.

January 2, 2011 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Maria

Christie Brinkley has spent decades being fawned over and held up as an example of perfect beauty. Very few of us will ever have a body like hers, ever have blue eyes and blonde hair like her, be tall like her. It is fascinating that she behaves as if her child is the only one who has suffered from being compared to an impossible standard of beauty.

January 6, 2011 at 6:54 am | Report abuse |
  34. Amy

Jerk

October 19, 2010 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  35. janek907

portalpunk – you sound like you are ugly both inside and out........wise up.

October 19, 2010 at 9:00 pm | Report abuse |
  36. j

ha ha ha that's a good one. hope she doesn't drive like him either. bunch of bitter women in here. probably ugly and fat too.

October 19, 2010 at 11:21 pm | Report abuse |
  37. portalpunk

I promise you that these heifers posting in here look like the sea hag from Popeye and weigh more than 180 lbs each.

October 20, 2010 at 9:16 am | Report abuse |
  38. Agedtoperfection?

I totally agree with your heifer comment, and yes being in your 50's you can still look great with no cosmetic surgery or anything else. Lifestyle is a HUGE issue, heifer at 30, you are still going to be one at 50!

December 30, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |