Anne Hathaway's relationship deal breaker? Fraud
October 19th, 2010

Anne Hathaway's relationship deal breaker? Fraud

Anne Hathaway is one actress who clearly has a sense of humor.

Hathaway opens up about romantic relationships in Vogue's November cover story, and when the interviewer asked her what her “deal breakers” are when it comes to men, she paused for a moment before responding, “Uh . . . fraud?” and exploding with laughter.

Read the full interview with Anne Hathaway

The actress was of course referencing her ex-boyfriend, Raffaello Follieri, who in 2008 was sentenced to more than four years in prison on fraud charges. She spoke with the magazine about the fallout from the high profile relationship, which she said has made her “wary.” “It takes a minute for me to let my guard down, but once I do and I get to know someone, I’m very open, very trusting,” she said. “Some might say too trusting.”

See more photos from Anne Hathaway's Vogue cover shoot

Hathaway is reunited with “Brokeback Mountain” co-star Jake Gyllenhaal in the new film “Love & Other Drugs,” in which Vogue says she “plays a free spirit who, faced with a life-changing illness, shuts down emotionally.”

Yet the character is a bit more open about her sexuality, and Hathaway said a few nude scenes with Gyllenhaal had her somewhat unnerved. According to Vogue, it was the baring of her soul and the vulnerability she has to show in the role that left her the most unsettled.

“I was a wreck from start to finish,” Hathaway said. “I think I cried every single day.

1. ArthurB

Just attended the National Young Onset Parkinson Conference, and saw the reality behind the disease Hathaway has in Love and Other Drugs

October 19, 2010 at 5:37 pm | Report abuse |
  2. ciscokid22

Yaa, I would date HER AGAIN!!!!

October 19, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Melisa

LUCKY HER!Jake Gyllenhaal is hot!

October 19, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  4. So

I really like Anne Hathaway, but if beening nude makes her unnerved then maybe the best thing to do is not do those scenes. There is a thing called a body double. I understand wanting to keep the integrity(spelled wrong) of the film, but if its cause so much stress just use a double.

October 19, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • kkkkkatie

Getting naked with Jake G. That's far more interesting than my job as a project manager. :-)

October 19, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Devara

If she needs a body double to get naked with Jake, I volunteer! Not that I look anything like Anne Hathaway, but that's why they have all that artsy fartsy lighting!

October 19, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Personage

"According to Vogue, it was the baring of her soul and the vulnerability she has to show in the role that left her the most unsettled."

It's right there. Read a little further on.

October 19, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  5. cheefsfury

SHE IS ALSO NAKED IN A MOVIE CALLED HAVOK OR SOMETHING

October 19, 2010 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
    • Oh yeah

Oh yeah she was...messed up movie, one she wanted to join the mexican gang, that was back in her younger days, her break out role to get out of the Princes Diaries spot light. She def has a nice body to go with it too.

October 19, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |