A new nemesis for Ted on 'HIMYM'
October 19th, 2010

A new nemesis for Ted on 'HIMYM'

After "How I Met Your Mother's" below average fifth season, things weren't looking a lot better for this one. However, Monday night's episode restored my faith that this show has still got it.

"House" alum Jennifer Morrison guest-starred for the first of several episodes as Zoey, a woman who's "perfect" for Ted (where have we heard that before?) - except for the fact that she's protesting his plans to replace an old New York building with Barney's company's headquarters.

Ted shows how far he will go for a girl by claiming to be a veterinarian and planning to join in the protest against himself... until Barney throws a wrench into those plans via a giant billboard with his face on it (and he is dressed as a wizard in the photo, also for a girl).

We got another twist when we found out that Zoey is actually married, and at that moment, Ted was honest enough with himself to admit that the only real reason he was compromising on the building was for her.

Moving on to what is usually the highlight of every episode, the Marshall and Lily subplot. After learning an intimate detail he wished he had never heard about Robin's boyfriend, Marshall starts to lose his "traction" altogether due to Lily and Robin's frank sex talk (nice touch with the faux "Sex and the City" theme when Marshall imagined them talking).

This was fairly sub-par stuff, but redeemed itself with Lily's completely-scripted discussion (Marshall was even holding "cue cards") of the previous night's activities with Robin over the phone.

There were some great lines (as usual), like Barney's adopting "Cottontail," a rabbit which Zoey had left with "veterinarian" Ted: "You took longer to get here than I thought, we bonded and I'm keeping her."

But the repeated references to Guns N' Roses ("Chinese Democracy"?) were what made this episode "legen- wait for it ...I'll send you an inter-office memo with the rest!"

Did you like this week's episode as well? Looking forward to more of Zoey tormenting Ted? And do you think there's any chance she's the mother (I'm pretty doubtful myself)? Share your view on a video iReport or in the comments below.

Oh, and here's a memo: "-Dary!"

1. LION

Zoey s****. Worst character ever! And the girl who plays her is not a very good actress.

October 22, 2010 at 7:09 am | Report abuse |
  2. Gemma

Please someone kill Ted!! He is so whiny!!And do us all a favor and kill this Zoey girl too! I loved Barney with the rabbit and Marshall was genius too!

October 21, 2010 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Stella

Whoever had the 'brilliant' idea of hiring an actress who completely lacks acting skills should be firee and never be hired again.No wonder they decided to get rid of her in House...I barely smiled during the episode (the scripts are not what they used to be) and Jennifer's acting seemed forced and contrieved....Can we please get a good girl for Ted?I'm tired of these annoying chicks I need someone interesting!

October 21, 2010 at 6:37 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Leslie

Horrible, horrible actress. House should take her back so i don´t need to see her lack of talent on my favorite TV comedy.

October 21, 2010 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Soko

I was pretty excited with Jennifer Morrison joining the cast. I liked her in House. But after watching the episode i can only say that she is a horrible comedy actress. She made her scenes boring. I just hope her arc is done soon before is too late for the show.

October 21, 2010 at 7:36 am | Report abuse |
  6. heather

Think this episode sucked...They really need to find someone for Ted to date.

October 19, 2010 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  7. nancy

It is so obvious that Ted and Robin are meant to be together. They keep "dancing around" and dating other people while their checmistry with each other is so apparent. What are they waiting for....an engraved invitation?

October 19, 2010 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • jordan

it is even more obvious that Robin and Ted are not going to end up together when the first episode of the entire show ended with Ted stating that Robin is Ted's kids aunt. Just like the rest of the gang is an aunt or an uncle. My prediction is that Barney and Robin will get back together for good.

October 20, 2010 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Allonsy86

@ Jordan - I thought they had an episode where they referred to Robin's co anchor Dan/ Don (can't remember) was their uncle and how she ended up marrying him....

October 20, 2010 at 6:15 am | Report abuse |
  8. cheefsfury

BARNEY NEEDS HIS OWN SHOW

October 19, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Wil W

I agree that Ted is annoying. I find the show most enjoyable when it is centered on anyone but Ted. His character is unlikable. Barney needs more screen time.

October 19, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
  10. cheefsfury

TED IS SO ANNOYING HE BRINGS THIS SHOW DOWN EVEYRONE ELSE ON THE SHOW IS SUPER FUNY

October 19, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |