Prince announces Welcome 2 America tour
October 15th, 2010

Prince announces Welcome 2 America tour

The forecast calls for purple reign this holiday season, because Prince is going back on tour!

"We're here in New York to announce a series of events that will begin on a purple day in December 2010," the singer said at a press conference at Harlem's Apollo Theater on October 14.

Though MTV says the 52-year-old music superstar was vague on details, he did reveal that his upcoming Welcome 2 America tour will include such acts as Sheila E., Cassandra Wilson, Maceo Parker and Lalah Hathaway.

While tour dates, ticket information and performance venues have yet to be announced, Prince did say this about his upcoming gigs: "Come early, come often. I have a lot of hits... No two shows will be the same."

And before ending his two-minute press conference, the Minnesota native offered this very important piece of advice: "Bring your friends, bring your children," he said, "and bring foot spray because it's going to be funky."

Post by:
Filed under: Music

1. cyndie

Please come too LA or Sacramento area in where in California PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 7, 2011 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
  2. D

Yes please come to Buffalo or Detroit or even better yet Toronto, we love you across the border! I've seen him 4 times, he is amazing and can never be overated! I will drive from tdot to Buffalo or Detroit to see him again as well as a lot of other people...plllleeeaaaassseeee!

November 29, 2010 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Holly Rock

ZOMG SHEILA E.!

October 19, 2010 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  4. LoopsFroot

PLEASE COME TO TORONTO OR BUFFALO OR DETROIT!!!!

October 19, 2010 at 10:28 am | Report abuse |
  5. NIKKI

BRING HIME ON!!!!!!!!!!!

October 18, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Feeniegal

me love him long time!! But I hate arena shows.

October 18, 2010 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
  7. T-2000

I wonder if Prince really can play basketball good!!. "Game...blouses."

October 16, 2010 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Tim Hodgson

This may be of some interest. Olga Karlatos, the one-time actress who was a major star in '70s/early '80s Euro cinema and who played Prince's mother in "Purple Rain", this week qualified as a lawyer in the island of Bermuda. At the age of 65, she became the oldest newly-qualified barrister and attorney ever admitted to the Bermuda Bar. A case of when doves fly, I suppose ... ;)

She's married to Arthur Rankin Jr., the Rankin of Rankin/Bass productions which produced the raft of animated seasonal specials including "Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer" which remain fixtures of holiday television programming.

October 16, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  9. mejazzbo

We haven't heard from you in years. Welcome back. So, you're calling yourself Prince again. Cheers!

October 16, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  10. T-2000

Add T.I. to the list. Before he heads back to jail!

October 16, 2010 at 5:01 am | Report abuse |
  11. T-2000

List of artists I wanna see before I die. 1. Stevie Wonder. 2. Prince. 3. Elton John. 4. Earth, Wind and Fire. 5. Kanye West. 6. Queens of the Stone Age. 7. The Who. 8. Genesis. 9. Lauryn Hill. 10. Madonna. 11. AC/DC. 12. Beyonce. 13. Green Day. 14. Pearl Jam. 15. Jill Scott. Thats a few. Ive seen most of the greats that I love. Shoutout to Radiohead! They gave the best concert I ever saw in Chicago at Grant Park. Sorry, I forgot Paul McCartney!

October 16, 2010 at 2:56 am | Report abuse |
  12. T-2000

Thank you to all the people who think Prince is overrated. I hope there are many more people who think he's overrated so I can get front row tickets when he comes to Atlanta.

October 16, 2010 at 2:21 am | Report abuse |
  13. Frank

Didn't Prince retire about 379289285798502x's already? Love him, but still. I think the greatest thing he did was quit the Internet. I will too, eventually.

October 16, 2010 at 1:06 am | Report abuse |
  14. michael always

Yes, it's nice. Prince changed a look. He took glasses...but hi is not higher... and he is not Michel. Michael always had a style that's why everybody copy him. When celebrities don't know how... they find Michel Jackson on web and ...
    here you are. They all always find something and go.

I respect Prince but I'll stay at home to listen and watch Michael dancing.

October 16, 2010 at 1:03 am | Report abuse |
  15. da Funkee 1

I am sooooooooo there! I have loved him since I was 13. He once held my hand and sung to me! I almost died.

October 15, 2010 at 7:45 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Me

Someone else in the world that agrees he's overrated! I'm with you man.

October 15, 2010 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • xenia

Me too. He was always overrated. He plays 12 instruments.. somebody said. So what? none the best.

Still thinking where he steal Purple rain? At least a part of.

October 16, 2010 at 1:12 am | Report abuse |
  17. Daniella

Can't wait!!!! Saw him in Philadelphia at his last tour that supposely was going to be his last and I will say he was fabulous. While everybody went out to get their little snacks during intermission he came back and performed almost like a unplugged session just him and his guitar. I will be going to this one also.

October 15, 2010 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Overrated?

Dude?!? Let me guess....You're a Britney Spears/Justin Bieber kind of guy.

October 15, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Say it with me

OVERRATED *CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP* OVERRATED *CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP* OVERRATED *CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP* OVERRATED *CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP*

October 15, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • BLD

OVERRATED OVERRATED *CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP* OVERRATED *CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP* OVERRATED *CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP*

Like the use of all CAPS *CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP*

October 15, 2010 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frank

Lol.

October 16, 2010 at 1:06 am | Report abuse |
  20. Leisha

Birmingham, Alabama welcomes you back and we will sing along again while you play the guitar (little red corvette) but not the same song cause it's gonna be funky that night!

October 15, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |