T.I. responds to critics who call suicide attempt a 'stunt'
October 14th, 2010

T.I. responds to critics who call suicide attempt a 'stunt'

[Editor's note: To hear more from T.I. about helping to prevent a suicide, tune in to HLN’s Prime News this evening at 6:30 p.m. ET.]

The story of T.I. helping police talk a jumper off the ledge of a building in Atlanta Wednesday has raised a few dubious eyebrows.

T.I., whose real name is Clifford Harris, said he heard about a young man threatening to jump from a 22-story building while listening to the city’s V-103 radio station, which is housed in said edifice. The rapper is due in court on Friday because of drug charges that were handed down last month.

An Atlanta Police spokesperson told CNN that the rapper “appeared out of nowhere” and talked to the man about how “a person ‘can make it through anything.’” The spokesperson added that the rapper “just happened to be in the right place at the right time.”

It seems some aren't convinced that it's purely coincidence.

Popular celebrity blogger Necole Bitchie admitted that she gave the story “major side eye” at first, and commenters concurred. Over on Gawker, a commenter said that “If it looks like a publicity stunt, smells like a publicity stunt, and walks like a publicity [stunt], THEN, it is a publicity stunt,” to which another commenter responded, “T.I. owns a condo in the same area...you'd have to understand ATL ~ particularly midtown (where this happened) and buckhead ~ to know that [expletive] like this just... happens.”

V-103’s Greg Street also addressed the issue by playing T.I.'s interview with fellow V-103 host Ryan Cameron in response to a caller questioning if the station was sure that T.I. hadn't pulled off a "stunt."

“I’m not taking any credit. I didn’t do it,” T.I. told Cameron. “The fact of the matter is that God put me in a position and put it in my spirit to be in the position to help. I can’t take any credit for that. I didn’t wake up this morning with the intentions of going down and helping hostage negotiators talk someone down off of a ledge. I don’t think that could be in anyone’s plan of action.”

T.I. said that doubters “have every right to be critical," but he added that he believes “sometimes life has things happen certain ways for different reasons that most times human beings can’t understand. But it’s not fit for us to understand, we just have to be here to observe.”

He also said he’s not expecting his actions to impact his upcoming court date in any way.

“I don’t expect this to have any different impact on any of my circumstances at all,” he said in the interview. “That’s not, that wasn’t my motivation.”

Filed under: Celebrities • Music

1. Miss me

@ Dutcher, ignorance is bliss....stay happy!

November 1, 2010 at 12:01 am | Report abuse |
  2. RHINO_32

GET OVER IT!!!! Seriously everyone gonna sit here and say that T.I. is fake yet how the hell would this so called "stunt" help him in court for a drug charge! T.I. made mistakes just like everyone else in the country. He is payin for those mistakes now! He is doin his time like a man. Why would he need to stage a "stunt" when he knows he is goin back to jail. The judge clearly told him wat would happen if he messed up when he was released, T.I. knew he was going back to jail, aint no doubt about it! Why cant anyone appreciate the good things people for do for others. To all those people bashin on T.I., just cuz you wouldnt give the time of day to someone in need, T.I. is looked up to by many people in the ATL and around the country as a matter of fact. And instead of being just another rich rapper from the hood, he uses his influence to help others. Keep doin wat you do T.I.! You a true n***** dont let none of the haters bring you down! Stay up NO MATTER WAT and ill be lookin forward to when you get out!!!

October 20, 2010 at 6:05 am | Report abuse |
  3. Dutcher

3rd most common cause of death for blacks 15-24? What are the first 2? Shot while robbing someone and shot while raping someone? They can't even speak english: "that's how we do, sheeet man, what time it is...". These are dark times but not because of the economy.. No, because of all the dark skins around here!!!

October 15, 2010 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Cmad77

I hope that this is real, and that T.I. did genuinly help to save a man's life. However, it's easy to see why people would think this is faked. It's just a little too strange that this happened just before his court date. Also, how do professional law enforcement officers let someone who is not trained in crisis management/negotiation take over the scene of a potential suicide? I'm no fan of T.I., and definately not a fan of someone who wastes talent and opportunity on silly criminal acts, but I wish him luck, and hope he can get his act together while he's still young.

October 15, 2010 at 11:10 am | Report abuse |
  5. tom

Celebrity or wanna-be celebs have these managing machines behind them now who will cook up anything to get their clients name/face/comments on an media outlet. It's bullcrap and most intelligent people will realize it. That kind of scripted thing only happens on TV. Anyone remember the Frasier episode where Bebe had him out on the ledge to rescue her...only to get it on the news? Sound familar?

October 15, 2010 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
  6. Lorin

When I first saw this on the news I thought "publicity stunt." I still do. It's just too much of a conscience that right before the judge hands down his sentence for weapon charges he comes to the rescue of a sucidal person. I'm not saying I believe TI paid the guy to look as if he was going to jump, maybe the guy really was going to jump, but it's just too ironic that TI was so near by to come and talk the guy out of jumping. Nice job but next time try not making it so obvious.

October 15, 2010 at 8:33 am | Report abuse |
  7. Linda, ATL, GA

T.I. responds to critics who call suicide attempt a 'stunt' – The Marquee Blog – CNN.com Blogs http://t.co/yh8PMjD via @cnn

Tony, Your show is great and I love your work, but I thought your comment of "Really" "Really" "Really" was a bit unfair and out of character for you. I am from Atlanta and we know TI's story to be true. T. I. quotes "He added that he hopes to "continue to be able to reach people's lives in a positive way. I was just doing what God led me to do." Hope you will let God led you in a positve way and apoligize. Linda, Atlanta, Ga.

October 15, 2010 at 3:04 am | Report abuse |
  8. Frank

Why in the hell would anyone give any credence to someone who calls themselves "Necole B!tchie"?! If you can't bother to give yourself a name that isn't completely stupid, why should we listen to you?
    Also, whatever happened to people believing in the good that exists within? Society is so cynical. Humanity is entering a very dark age, indeed.

October 15, 2010 at 2:27 am | Report abuse |
  9. shot nerves

First of all good for him. Saving a tortured soul is a good thing people!! I'm sure the jumpers family is eternally grateful. T.I. Has been trying to turn things around for a while now and just cause he's famous he can't do a good deed?!? Shame on you skeptics. ( incredible that you don't have faith) !!!

October 15, 2010 at 2:18 am | Report abuse |
  10. john

Who cares about ti. just another stupid rapper doing what they do.

October 15, 2010 at 2:05 am | Report abuse |
  11. kwolf443

How convient he just shows up out of nowhere come on , maybe by a chance but more then likely not and why is always god this was god there when he was getting high and using meth these gods never show up until after the fact.

October 15, 2010 at 1:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Chad Wiggins

yea it makes your punk ace sick that my boys got it like that..... he takes over where ever he goes..... he's a taker

October 22, 2010 at 6:54 am | Report abuse |
  12. Miss me

@ Dutcher, why don't u go jump and see if anyone comes to save you??? Whether it was T.I. Or Joe Blow the point is the man is alive. IF it was a stunt he's still going to jail so what did he have to gain.TI and his family are always in the public eye becuz they are celebrities. He didn't have to save a jumper to put himself out there he coulda just called a press conference. Get a grip u racist parasite! Furthermore, the man is alive to see another day. If it was a stunt, with a ledge that small it coulda still been a tragedy. Some of you may have never been so low that u wanted to die, some people are so low they should want to die. Either way TI isn't the biggest factor here, its the man who's still alive to talk about it. Get a grip!

October 15, 2010 at 1:53 am | Report abuse |
  13. Miss me

@ Dutcher, why don't u go jump and see if anyone comes to save you??? Whether it was T.I. Or Joe Blow the point is the man is alive. IF it was a stunt he's still going to jail so what did he have to gain.TI and his family are always in the public eye becuz they are celebrities. He didn't have to sasve a jumper to put himself out there he coulda just called a press conference. Get a grip u racist parasite! Furthermore, the man is alive to see another day. If it was a stunt, with a ledge that small it coulda still been a tragedy. Some of you may have never been so low that u wanted to die, some people are so low they should want to die. Either way TI isn't the biggest factor here, its the man who's still alive to talk about it. Get a grip!

October 15, 2010 at 1:49 am | Report abuse |
  14. sharon jones

I kno 1 thing they better leave T.I. ALONE,GOOD LOOKING OUT T.I.WE LOVE U 4 WHAT U DID,WE GOT YO BACK BOY WHAT!

October 15, 2010 at 1:20 am | Report abuse |
  15. Tiara

Let T.I do his thing. You all need to speak on Lindsay Lohan and Paris Hilton the same way you all are talking about T.I. I was not there so I don't know what happened only God and the people that where at that location know. GOD BLESS YOU T.I KEEP YOUR FRIENDS CLOSE AND YOUR ENEMIES CLOSER. MUAHHZ.

October 15, 2010 at 1:06 am | Report abuse |
  16. evelyn fondren

it wasnt a stunt n 4 all u ignorant people who think so EAT MY SHORTS!!! (in my bart simpson voice) Lmmao..... love u T.I. :)

October 15, 2010 at 12:36 am | Report abuse |
  17. lbroad1253

ti dont have to pull nothing like that its not going to help is violation of parole!

October 15, 2010 at 12:16 am | Report abuse |
  18. da Funkee 1

As much as I like TI I doubted it for a second. Then I thought "who am I to judge?" if it was real...if it wasn't...whatever. The true intentions in the hearts of men are known only to them and God. Let him judge

October 14, 2010 at 11:54 pm | Report abuse |
  19. ME

Well thank god for this rapper! Drop all the charges ASAP! God some people will believe anything.

October 14, 2010 at 11:23 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Metan

I was there.. I heard it.... He told the man to come down and then said to him if "if you come down... you can have whaaaevvaa u liiiiiiiiiiike u liiiiiiiiiike" the man didnt really believe this... so TI. and rihanna just told him to JUST LIVE UR LIFEE HEYYYYayyyyAYYYayyyy AYYYaayyyyy

now why you wanna go n do tat? n do tat???

October 14, 2010 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Sadiehyde

For the man on the ledge to be in on it, he'd have to be pretty well compensated knowing he'd be taken for psychiatric evaluation and certainly placed on at least a 72 hour hold on locked inpatient unit. This one incident will also make it a hundred times easier for the cops to bring him for ANOTHER psych eval and inevitable involuntary commitment (2 physicians and a judge sign papers permitting this) should he have *any* interaction with them in the future.
    Let's also remember that there've been a number of highly publicized, tragic suicides of young people lately. Suicide is 3rd most common cause of death for black males aged 15 to 24, and 4th for ages 25 to 34.
    The important part of all of this is that a life was saved, and hopefully this young man now receiving the help he needs and will have support when he's released from hospital. Too many people just want to think the worst of others because it's easier than taking real look at themselves. I don't listen to the radio or watch music videos, I've no idea who this TI is other than reading past articles on his legal issues. And it doesn't matter if he bought guns or took drugs- neither of those mean he wants more young people to die. I know Lots of young people are depressed or suffering from other mental illnesses because I'm an RN in large psychiatric hospital. Any suicide prevented is a miracle.

October 14, 2010 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
  22. djrkad

I agree that it was a publicity stunt. If God put you in a position that morning to help someone not to jump, then why didn't God put you in a position to not get in the car with drugs or ride in the car with guns and any other situation that you got yourself into.

October 14, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Sonya

Question?...Is it just me? I've seen this good deed before in a movie. Does anyone remember the movie Talk to Me with Don Cheadle. By the way, excellent movie. How did Don Cheadle's character get released from PRISON? I'll take famous movie scenes for 1000, Alex.

October 14, 2010 at 10:20 pm | Report abuse |
  24. GiGi

Ok for argument sake it was a stunt for publicity ok CNN and other news network have made it a successful stunt. Now let's give T.I. The benefit of doubt that it was his intervention that saved a life. The publicity is still great.

October 14, 2010 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  25. B=Dog

The level of reading comprehension on this is crazy. He didn't go up there and talk the guy down... the deal was if the guy came off the roof he could meet with T.I. for a few minutes to talk, and that's what happened. They didn't violate any police procedures. He did a good thing.

October 14, 2010 at 9:46 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Mary

Ya r some haters.why would he put God in it if it was a stunt. The man save a life. Give him some credit. TI u still the MAN!!! AND GOD WILL STIll BLESS U.FU*# them HATERS!

October 14, 2010 at 9:44 pm | Report abuse |
  27. tas11

Sad world

October 14, 2010 at 9:18 pm | Report abuse |
  28. trish

wow.. and i thought cnn audited their site. racism has nothing to do with suicide attempts. T.I. did a noble thing, I truly hope the young man gets the help he needs to overcome whatever obstacles got him there in the first place.

October 14, 2010 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  29. cant read

You knw what TI u a real man. A good man with positive thinkings. Even though u got little problems with law u still a good dude and u are talented and u seem to care and have yo priorities straight. Screw them haters. U know you and thats what matter. Thank u for helping this man. God bless. Hope u aint going back to jail man. Take care.

October 14, 2010 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Dinky B

Dark night saves a life!!!!! At least he's not "To catch a predator, DEVIL!!!!!!

October 14, 2010 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  31. ms. johnson

All things happen 4 a reason. What TI did was something very few people can say they've done. Not even the most trained can always talk someone out of doing what he did. The public should get off his back and let him be. He's not even taking credit for what he did. Thank god for putting him in the right place at the right time. Ill give him props for what he did but all the glory goes to God.

October 14, 2010 at 8:26 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Dutcher

It would have meant one less dark to take advantage of the welfare system

October 14, 2010 at 8:22 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Dutcher

Would have been one less dark

October 14, 2010 at 8:21 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Alondrea

Its a shame how some people cannot accept the fact that he has a heart, it seems that he has done so much wrong in the past;people cannot accept him when he has done right. So what if you think it was fake,that is your opinion so do everyone else a favor and be quiet,becuase no one really cares. Neither one of you would have helped even if it was staring you in the face,and it takes a real person to interfer with someone who is willing to take their own life. Let it go!!!

October 14, 2010 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Ursan

only in America can you be criticized for a good deed

October 14, 2010 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  36. AC

Stunt or not.
    It keep someone from being barf burger.
    If T.I. would have went up and told the guy to take a flying f@#$ and jump the comments would be a lot different.

October 14, 2010 at 7:54 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alondrea

I agree 100%,they never recongnize someone unless they are doing something bad,never good.

October 14, 2010 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  37. keisa

Stop hatin on the man(T.I.) 4 him helpin 2 save someone's life

October 14, 2010 at 7:53 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Phoenix

Don't yo all knows what T.I. is an acronym for? T.rue I.mpersonator

October 14, 2010 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Lisa Dechoretz

I was on the phone with the radio station by chance when this happened. THIS is NOT a stunt. SMH at people who don't value life enough to respect a good deed. Grow up people. Life is life. It's not black or white.

October 14, 2010 at 7:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amy

Thank you!! Even if it was actually a stunt, the mere fact that there is a story going around about an emotionally distraught individual who survived should make people sympathetic to the 22-year-old character, fictional or non. That people in pop culture use it as a chance to write a story is disgusting.

October 14, 2010 at 7:51 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Crow

Black people can't swim, what makes them think they can fly?

October 14, 2010 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Shalom

TI is a winner!

October 14, 2010 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Bill

Anyone who reads this and assumes that it was a fake incedent is a complete fool.

October 14, 2010 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Whittney

I think it's great. And yes, the world is incredibly negative. Can we not all just say, I'm glad the guy's okay and that was really stellar of T.I. and the police team. People helping people. That's what this crazy life is all about. A person was down on their luck and another person helped them out. So what about fame. Human life was in need, and we saved one of our own. Let's just be thankful people. There are far more serious issues to have an opinion of. Can't we just put some good in the world? I challenge you to it.

October 14, 2010 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
  44. will

It was a set up.... he needs to stop acting like a baby and go do his time. Idiot

October 14, 2010 at 6:36 pm | Report abuse |
  45. tas11

Anyone ridiculous enough to really still think this was a stunt needs to read other news sources and get more facts ti drove to the scene,asked if he could help, a police officer taped a short message from ti on a cell phone which was relayed to a negotiator at the top of the building where the jumper was who played it for him which was a part of getting him down, now I ask how could that be a stunt? If it was the police obv had to be in on it. Wake up! Good things do still happen

October 14, 2010 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  46. JB

Some people use crises as a cry for help. They don't necessarily WANT to kill themselves, they want help to find a way back from the ledge. From what I've read, T.I. didn't just walk up to the guy; a video message was taken by phone and the cops negotiating with the man in crisis showed it to him. That could have been all he was looking for, someone who didn't want him to die. Not all celebrities are looking for publicity, not all celebrities are so narcisstic they'd care less about someone killing themselves. It just shows how much more willing society is to believe something negative than positive, and how quick we are to help build someone up who's down on their luck, yet knock their feet out from under them if we think they're too high and mighty.
    Whether or not this was a stunt – I'm not to say, but if it wasn't, then more power to Mr. Harris.

October 14, 2010 at 6:27 pm | Report abuse |
  47. heyhil

I think TI is pretty realistic in knowing that what he has done has no persuasion on the judge. Two completely incidents and one has nothing to do with the other. What other citizen pulled over to try to help this guy?

October 14, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  48. steveo

I have a good feeling this was a pr stunt...cnn reported on it...still sends a good message to his supporters who are otherwise exposed to his rap garbage.

October 14, 2010 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  49. louise story

This is a sad time in America. So many people are extremely negative, critical and cynical. This is indicative of a bored and worthless mind. Get a @%#$ life!!! Why is it so hard to believe that this story is true... miracles are still happening. Many of you would understand this if your minds weren't so twisted.

October 14, 2010 at 6:19 pm | Report abuse |
  50. james

Clifford would not be allowed to take control over a police incident. Liability is a huge issue here. What if said jumper jumped? Police and Clifford would be in huge lawsuits.
    We don’t know the facts yet, but they aren’t adding up.

If you make music, make music, but don’t get in the way of trained professionals.

October 14, 2010 at 6:18 pm | Report abuse |
  51. truthinrock

T.I. is OVER! Just another publicity W#ore.

October 14, 2010 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  52. brofromtheo

You can definitely tell who the republicans are on this blog. Is it cause he's black? Is it cause he raps? Is it because he's a felon? Is it because he has some money in the bank? If it was a stunt, it was a good idea.

October 14, 2010 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Emily

I work right near there and certainly saw this drama unfold. Now here's the thing – where that guy was standing/sitting – it was like 4 inches wide. No one, not even my best friend, could ever convince me to stand on a 4 inch platform where a single slip could send me to my death. I don't care how much money they paid me or what sort of trouble they were in. That's why I believe it wasn't a stunt.

October 14, 2010 at 6:04 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Mona from da Mil

Every last person that spoke negative about my guy T.I. need to try JESUS. GOD BLESS T.I. and family. Haters need to pray 4 themselves. I LOVE YOU T.I.

October 14, 2010 at 5:57 pm | Report abuse |
  55. whacker

If it is a stunt, I'd imagine the Atlanta police would be in some pretty serious trouble.

October 14, 2010 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  56. tas11

And yes cnn citing bloggers not to mention comments to said bloggers has to be a sign of the apocalypse. How have we come to this?

October 14, 2010 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Alexius

I dont care how much you pay me, there is no way in the world I would even pretend to jump off of a building. & then if you are being paid you have to make it believable..pshhh if it was a stunt the dude is an idiot

October 14, 2010 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Gigi

These comments are totally un-called for. How could anyone fake something like this??? Why can we just give credit where it's do and not take a kind act and use it to slam somebody. What a shame!!

October 14, 2010 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Rock

This is surely a Stunt to sway the Judge, I hope he don't fall for it. Look at the facts how long did it take him to talk the guy down ? Faster than a speeding bullet he was down. I bet if someone looks for information on the jumper you may find photos or calls to match them up for the plot. I got ot say this one is original. A well done plot, Incredible..... TI you need to be in Movies more often. WoW

October 14, 2010 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Amber

If you read CNN's coverage, you would be convinced that it was a stunt. Read Yahoo's coverage, and you get enough info to realize it likely wasn't a stunt (even if T.I. wasn't ENTIRELY altruistic when he drove out of his way to help). Clearly, media puts their own spin on everything.

October 14, 2010 at 5:46 pm | Report abuse |
  61. tas11

Common sense alert, if you think it was a stunt the only way that would work is if the police was in on it,how else would he now they would even give him a chance to talk to the guy?

October 14, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  62. edocol

the guy is a fraud, pure and simple. Don't drop the soap!

October 14, 2010 at 5:44 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Kristin

Who knows if it was a stunt...I just find it a bit curious that they haven't pressed charges, covered his face, and aren't identifying him...

October 14, 2010 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  64. Hashim

I don't know why people are trippin'. Until the facts come out, there is no reason to believe that this was, in fact, a publicity stunt or if it was not...everything until then will just be speculation...i understand that people only are interested in real because there's so much fake out there, but I think you just have to make up your own mind and keep it moving...

October 14, 2010 at 5:40 pm | Report abuse |
  65. yolanda

Its just good to see someone help someone this day in time, regardless of who it is. Nowadays, people just turn the other way. Many blessings T.I. !!

October 14, 2010 at 5:36 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Andy

What an idiot hahaha

October 14, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
  67. shirley

Please i am so tried of this people he just happen to be in the area and i was born today i am 61 yrs. young.

October 14, 2010 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  68. Joe from maine

Pretty bad you can't save a life without being criticized these days. Boy people must be bored.

October 14, 2010 at 5:16 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Alayna Myers

well ti is tha bomb and if he can do this this must be pretty drastic for him to go out his way to help some 1 way 2 go!!!! im laughing ma azzzz offff rofl lmfao!!!

October 14, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  70. YS213

Y'all are funny

October 14, 2010 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Chris

The fact that he is responding to people saying it was stunt just goes to show you that IT WAS A STUNT. How soon people forget TI Road to Redemption where he mentored youths on a TV show that aired before he was suppossed to go away for the original crime. Now this happens and were suppossed to forget that he bought 3 machine guns in a parking lot? Whatever!

October 14, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Oh and I mention the TV show stint because his lawyer used it during sentencing to show he was reformed – now hes going away for violated what leniency he was given.

October 14, 2010 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  72. cevans, texas

God help you all with such NEGATIVE thinking. I bet you live miserable lives!! God BLESS you youngman and T. I.

October 14, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Liz

Why is everyone being so critical? Yes I understand that there are alot of people that do good deeds for their own selfish benefit, but I do not believe that is the case in this situation. So just because you're a celebrity, all your charitable actions are publicity stunts? Quit being bitter and try seeing the glass half-full more often.

October 14, 2010 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Really

I wish people let the situation be what it is. He was able to help in a potentially ugly situation. Let the man feel good about what he contributed to the situation! Wow!

October 14, 2010 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Dave

Ha...the responder to the first comment must not be a fan of Super Troopers...I wonder if T.I. is?

October 14, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  76. RAPHIAS

MAY GOD BLESS TI AND HIS FAMILY FOR HELPING TO SAVE ANOTHER SOMEONE

October 14, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Jammmy

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA what a joke he is !

October 14, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  78. queenie

no body can really say what happens it up to the jury i perssonally love T.I but u gotta accept whats true

October 14, 2010 at 4:49 pm | Report abuse |
  79. Jennifer

I think that the community getting more involved is what we all should do, when it is appropriate. T.I. used his celebrity wisely, that is to garner this attention from someone that was obviously crying out for help. Life is never that bad that we should feel that there is no hope, because we all woke up today!

October 14, 2010 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  80. joyone farmer

real people do real things. i commend TI on what he did. it takes a strong person to help

October 14, 2010 at 4:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • divanerd

A person who is untrained in crisis intervention isn't being "strong" when they talk to a potential jumper. If the man had jumped after TI's words, it would have been everyone blaming him for being out of line. He's a rapper, not a crisis counselor.

October 14, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • ECLECTIC

Key word...IF! Its very unfortunate that degrees are the only form of verification needed to qualify a human being or deem them capable of....How about credit being given to human instinct and not books for once. Lets get off of the belief that a degree makes u worthy...in this situation TI acted on pure instincts and relied on his ability to relate and empathize. Fortunately those qualities aided him and law enforcement...not a degree or specific skill. Regardless if he's a rapper....he's a human being first...and a considerate one might I add. AND Bri (whatever your name is)..no one knows nor can prove that this was a "stunt"...so take it as a life saved and stop your stomach churning...makes u sound very bitter and pessimistic...kinda like the media...into publishing much?.......Good day :)

October 15, 2010 at 2:19 am | Report abuse |
  81. barbara

I don't care what you do, it shouldn't change the fact that you broke the law

October 14, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  82. chris

U so fresh...blah blah blah blah whatever the words are.............you can say whatever you like.............it was still a stunt........................how about they get a TI signal and whenever evil happens they light it and play a song of his in the part of the hood he is needed and he show's up!!!!!

October 14, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Russdog

Regardless if it was a stunt or not , thank God that a life has been spared. Move on. Hug some one. Peace out.

October 14, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Tray

Have you seen the black male unemployment rate?.... doubt it was a stunt.

October 14, 2010 at 4:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Divanerd

If TI wasn't offering him a job, how was being a overpaid black rappper supposed to help? Maybe encourage the guy to get into the rap game after he gets down from the building?

October 14, 2010 at 5:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bob Dobalina

Have you seen the Black rapper/athlete pay rates? How about the Asian/Hispanic/Caucasian/Native American/etc unemployment rates? We're all in this together my friend.

October 14, 2010 at 6:29 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Mu

Makes wonder about you all.

October 14, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Dennis F

"Ladies and Gentleman, the situation is under control! TI is here, and he's taken over the situation. I'm the Sargeant in command, and I've relinquished control to TI!!"

October 14, 2010 at 4:26 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Grand Papi

Necole Itchie aka Fake Boobies joked on Twitter that she was going to jump off a building yesterday. That was so insensitive and really showed her true colors. Don't let her innocent act fool you because she is one of the most obvious wannabes of all time. Next time CNN reference Concrete Loop, now that's a "real" blog.

October 14, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  88. daisy dukes

damn would u rather the n**** jumped?! be happy a life was saved. real people do real things, fake people do fake things like call what's real fake. ya dig? TI...my boy,my boy another one for the team. may god's blessings rain upon you.

October 14, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • BrianAtll

I think you missed the point. The accusation is they guy never intended to jump at all and that TI paid the man to act like he was suicidal, thus to gain favor when he has his day in court for a parole violation

October 14, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Alonzo

This is not that unbelievable; Lots of young people especially in Atlant look up to T.I. so if he's there telling you things will get better one might be inclined to believe him. Way to let God use you Tip.

October 14, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  90. CNN Info

October 14, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  91. Daniel Jean Jr

This sounds like too much coincidence but it can be genuine. I hope it is.

October 14, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  92. Chino

CNN is referencing rip off Bloggers now?. SMH. Oh Lord, what is this world coming to?

October 14, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • John

You're absolutely right!
      Even before this article I thought that it was a publicity stunt so maybe I have a chance to be on CNN aswell! hah!

October 14, 2010 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Miss Kiss

NECOLE has a nerve. She is the one who needs a *side-eye*

October 14, 2010 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  94. jokingmeright

I find it hard to beleive that anyone, let alone TI, can just walk up to a secure scene and take over.... LEO arent to kind to that type of thing

October 14, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • nawferserious

T.I. is a big name in ATL, so I imagine the law enforcement officers recognized him and his potential to make a difference in the situation

October 14, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • charles

He would do anything to get his name or picture in print. I reach for the remote every time he comes on. he is a LOOSER.

October 14, 2010 at 5:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • kbdidit

My thoughts exactly. What if the guy had actually jumped? The department would have then been responsible, NOT T.I.

How do you explain that to the public? "Oh, there was this rapper that came along who wanted to lend a hand so we thought, you know, why the heck not? Too bad we weren't following protocol at all and it didn't work."?

Eh.

October 14, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Amy

@ kbdidit, thankfully there are people out there who value a human life more than their job or reputation.

October 14, 2010 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  95. dbox

t.i exclusive new track feat the idiot who was gonna jump ! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH4zZctQPb8

October 14, 2010 at 3:31 pm | Report abuse |
  96. D

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. I'll believe that when me s**t turns purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.

October 14, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Car Ramrod

Looks like somebody needs to watch more Super Troopers and quit being a grammar nazi.

October 14, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mark

Mike, you're a racist, idiot... He's quoting Super Troopers in the first place, loser.

October 14, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sherbert luv-r

If you can turn sherbert out from sh!t, I will bath in it singing "My Perogative" by Bobby Brown. lol

October 14, 2010 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |