Perez Hilton says he's making a change
October 13th, 2010

Perez Hilton says he's making a change

In a YouTube video titled “I’m Going To Be Doing Things Differently,” celebrity blogger Perez Hilton addresses his actions over the last few years on PerezHilton.com and apologizes for bullying celebrities.

He posted a link to his video in a series of nine Twitter posts, leading with phrases like “#LoveIsLouder Than hate!” and “I can’t keep justifying my behavior!”

With the recent rash of teen suicides and bullying appearing in the media, Hilton says he has decided that he wants to “be the solution and not part of the problem.” While speaking out against bullying over the last few weeks, many people have called Hilton a hypocrite, saying that he’s a bully himself.

“I’ve been doing my website for six years now, and in the past I would justify everything as comedy, and humor, and these are celebrities,” Hilton says in the video. “But I don’t want to have to justify what I do anymore. I don’t want to continue things as they are. I need to change, and I’m going to start today.”

Instead of being hurtful and malicious, Hilton says he will change the tone on his website, even if that means losing readers or revenue.

“If I was less nasty or biting, would my traffic go down?” he asks. “Well even if it does, I don’t care, because this is really important to me.”

He says he regrets making fun of children in the past, and will no longer use mean celebrity nicknames, like “Maniston” for Jennifer Aniston, for example.

Although Hilton has made a similar promise before - in 2009, he pledged to stop making fun of children of celebrities for three months on the “Tyra Banks Show” in exchange for an appearance on “America’s Next Top Model" - this time around, it looks like he intends on making a more permanent change.

“I really want to inspire people and make the world a better place,” Hilton says. “I’m going to work really hard to do that, and I’m not perfect, and I’m still going to have opinions, and I’m not going to like everybody, but I don’t want to be a bully… that’s not who I am… It might have been who I was, but it’s definitely not who I want to be or who I’m going to be.”

Hilton appeared on “The Ellen DeGeneres Show” Wednesday saying much of the same, and also gave an interview to Out.com, talking about his new transformation.

"I’ve grown a lot as a person over the last three years," Hilton said in the interview with Out. "I’ve transformed my body – I’ve lost 60 pounds – I’ve moved my mom and my sister out here, and I’ve become a much happier person."

He added that he's launched more websites, including CoCoPerez.com, a fashion website; FitPerez.com, which focuses on fitness; and TeddyHilton.com, which focuses on animal rights activism.

"All of these websites are definitely far more positive and that was by design," Hilton said. "I was afraid of making that change on the main site because I have done things for so long a certain way. But this recent turn of events has forced me to make that change. I need to be the change that I want to see in others."

1. Delores

It can be downloaded for free and is never going to charge any money to any type of account. Some of the formats that are available include pdf, Microsoft Word, mp3 and printable formats. Download manager merely continues to download the files without popping up first.

May 21, 2013 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  2. louie vetton

wonderful issues altogether, you just won a new reader. What may you recommend about your publish that you made some days ago? Any certain?

June 30, 2012 at 7:28 am | Report abuse |
  3. Jack Weiner

Im surprised Perez can speak at all with my big schlong in his mouth.

February 17, 2011 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Beatriz Veras

Useful to me. niouwhgfd

February 17, 2011 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  5. wizegrafixx

Change?? That's a media change. He just wont say things on air anymore.

October 23, 2010 at 7:06 am | Report abuse |
  6. JKC

He can start by publicly apologizing to Lily Allen and Neil Patrick Harris, just to name a two people he relentlessly bullied!

October 19, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Tony

Has he actually walked up to someone face to face and tried to bully them....or does he hide behind the internet so he doesnt get his ass kick? Just curious.

October 15, 2010 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Milli Vanilli

Ok, so I cant help but be a bully to Perez. I think he is one of those people that even if he is all showered and dressed up, still looks like he is dirty. He is such an ugly nasty person, inside and out. Sorry~

October 15, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Joe

He's changing his ways?

Does that mean he's going to stop sucking d&*#?

October 15, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  10. FoolKiller

“I can’t keep justifying my behavior!” Get a clue... you never did. You just looked idiotic trying...

October 14, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  11. duh

Who is this odd looking man? Why is he famous?

October 14, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Reason

Yeah, like most bullies, he miraculously decides to change his ways only after he gets beat up, shows his true colors and loses the crowd.

October 14, 2010 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
  13. WhiteKong78

Everyone is fine with taunting others that don't agree with them. I haven't read too much on Perez, but what I did was pretty funny. There is a certain female pop star that never showers and leaks disgusting photos of her with man juice all over her. I'm sorry but certain things I'm ok with being made fun of. Michael Jackson was an abnormal creature who slept with young boys and he admitted to doing so. For all the scrutiny this society gives priests or boy scout troop leaders it is easy to find hypocrisy when a celebrity is involved. No sane person would let their child have a slumber party with a 40+ year old man, but if its MJ then its ok because at one point he made Thriller. Get a grip people. Some celebrities deserve to be made fun of for their unacceptable behavior. Celebs act like they can do whatever they want because of who they are and that's why we need some people who publicly scrutinize them.

October 14, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  14. john

If everyone would just ignore this idiot maybe he would no longer be relevant and would just go away. The ONLY reason he is famous is because he was enough of an ass to butt into other people's lives and spread gossip and rumors about them on his blog. News media outlets even call him a celebrity blogger. What a loser!! Apparently his own pathetic life wasn't that great so he has to live vicariously through others. And another thing, why is he not in jail for putting the picture of an underage Miley Cyrus without underwear on his website? Just like a whiny, spoilt kid, ignore him and he will go away. Remember that stupid ass video of him after the Miss America pagent when he was crying and snotting himself because a girl stood up for her beliefs? Please, if i ever saw this guy walkign down the street, it would be the hardest thing I have ever done to keep from kicking the living crap out fo him.

October 14, 2010 at 11:25 am | Report abuse |
  15. nat

Lots of hypocrisy...I know a gay guy who makes fun of fat people..lets face it folks not too many peeps know how to walk a mile in someone elses shoes..

October 14, 2010 at 11:09 am | Report abuse |
  16. Caroline

He has been hateful and hurtful for so long, and he can talk change all he wants, but he can never take back the hateful and hurtful things he has said and done. I doubt he will find much forgiveness.

October 14, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  17. Coolz

You done being stupidly mean to celebs. ...whatever Perez the wall is believing you! May be me later!

October 14, 2010 at 10:31 am | Report abuse |
  18. Leon Cafe

All these people attacking Mr.Perez are also being bullies. I think Everyone needs to take a step back and look at how we treat others. Making a change in your life and being aware of your actions is honerable. Let's remember how hard it is to admit fault. Let's help the next generations be less raciest, more compasionate and aware of thier actions...

October 14, 2010 at 10:21 am | Report abuse |
  19. Dave

Now that Perez has taught the rest of the world that HATE/BULLING pays in a big way – they are using it in reverse. Tolerance isn't taught by a GAY bully like Perez. He thinks that outing the world will make it a better safer place – WRONG. It IS GAYS like him that build these closets and spread hate worldwide. The only train wreck is that while he thought he was dissing on Hollywood train wrecks – the whole time the world was laughing/watching HIM – THE BIGGEST TRAIN WRECK EVER... How FUNNY NOT!!! Take OFF the LABELS Perez. Stop saying I am this or that or outing others – IT IS a choice that they need to make not you!!! Just LIVE and LET LIVE IN PEACE.

October 14, 2010 at 10:14 am | Report abuse |
  20. Patricia

Good for you, Mr Perez. Change starts with each and everyone of us and we must support our call for change with action.

October 14, 2010 at 10:06 am | Report abuse |
  21. Derek

Celebrities should be made fun of. So many are so pretentious and what they do is really unimportant even though most think they are finding the cure for cancer. Keep poking fun at them, most are so ridiculous anyway. They get married one year divorced the next after professing their undying love. PUHLEEEZE...keep attacking them I really don't care.

October 14, 2010 at 9:45 am | Report abuse |
  22. layne

I really don't know Perez Hilton. I don't read his articles and am not aware of his bullying history except for
    what I'm seeing here. I must say that I am impressed with his public admission of behavior that he
    intends to change. The media's recent focus on bullying has finally brought to light the terrible consequences
    that can and do occur when words are used to harm another. I've been thinking this past week that
    bullying does indeed extend to what we see on TV, in the press and online. Media bears it's share of
    responsibility in what it says and how it treats people, celebrities included.

I want to commend Mr. Hilton for his realization and positive action and thank him for his willingness
    to be openly verbal about it.

To those commentors above who find only negative in this and continue with their vitriol and rude
    statements, perhaps it's time to just stop. Frankly, it comes across as stupid and old.

October 14, 2010 at 9:39 am | Report abuse |
  23. Nicole

Does he really want to change for the better or just protect himself from being scrutinized by the media about his bullying?

October 14, 2010 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  24. Doc Canary

Yeah, right. Now that it has become socially desirable to be "kind and sensitive" to gblt issues he wants to jump on the bandwagon. He made his reputation money and status by being ugly and disregarding others, dometimes at very difficult times in their lives.

October 14, 2010 at 9:12 am | Report abuse |
  25. Merin

I stopped reading when he posted an unbelievably cruel insult to the teenaged daughter of a celebrity. anyone who could justify that in their own minds is beyond redemption. By all means, Perez, make the change...I'll believe it when it actually happens.

October 14, 2010 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
  26. Tami

No matter what, the bullying needs to STOP! Its upto us as parents to teach our kids to love one another for what they are. Its not upto a celebrity to teach them that! When I see a bully, I see right away how the parents are just as bad! Ignorance is a reason to educate!

October 14, 2010 at 6:05 am | Report abuse |
  27. Political Pirate

CrACk and Meth Dieting has turned his brain into mush. He needs to start using his real name and ask forgiveness from God.

October 14, 2010 at 5:37 am | Report abuse |
  28. ricky

Cybirr, the phrase is "I couldn't care less."

October 14, 2010 at 3:12 am | Report abuse |
  29. Brett

Like honestly who cares? Perez is a lowlife wannabe. Needs to get a life!

October 14, 2010 at 1:17 am | Report abuse |
  30. justa woman

Slow your roll, haters! I think the large # of gay suicides was a wake up call for Perez. This is a lofty ambition. Go Perez! Congrats on all of your personal growth. Be encouraged.

October 14, 2010 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
  31. ashleee

He is a jack ass he,needs to stop worrying about other peoples prolems and focus on his own

October 14, 2010 at 12:50 am | Report abuse |
  32. what u talkn bout willis?

Micheal jackson never did anything wrong,n why is perez even on the blog discussion?imean come on cnn,i know u guys need hits but damn,i like talkn bout kim k's ass better.its big n plump.she can do side bends or sit ups,but please dont lose that butt.

October 13, 2010 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
  33. The Truth

I never heard of this person before some he was some judge in a contest a while back. Who is he/she? And what the heck is it supposed to contribute to society? Bully someone? You must be kidding. You can only be bullied if you allow someone to do it to you.I can't think of 1 person on this planet who even cares who he is.

October 13, 2010 at 9:54 pm | Report abuse |
  34. BeAFriendNotABully

WTG, Perez. You're right, you've been a bully. I suspect you were bullied as a teen for "being different," and when you got your break you kinda took it to get even. Now, realizing two wrongs don't make a right, giving a sincere apology and walking the walk will go a long way. Everyone who has left vicious comments insulting Perez–YOU are being bullies by doing that. Shame on you. Be a friend, not a bully!

October 13, 2010 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frank

"I suspect you were bullied as a teen for "being different," and when you got your break you kinda took it to get even."

Exactly. Same fer his little 'friend', Jeffree Star. Now it's Star's turn to make empty promises of 'change' and apologize to just about everyone.

October 13, 2010 at 9:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lyla Rose

Frank I thought the same thing about Star Nothing made sense. He is obviously strange to society and his bullying made people flock to him. I was waiting for the day it would all come down. He can't be "cool" forever the way he looks.

January 29, 2012 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Daviz

LoL i agree

October 13, 2010 at 9:23 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Frank

He's balding pretty badly. Such imperfection!

October 13, 2010 at 9:20 pm | Report abuse |
  37. yeahright

Who do you think teaches kids that bullying is okay?
    Who do you think shows that "outing" is an acceptable behavior?

The media does. This man has. He has made a career out of cruelty and you can't tell me that children don't see it. I bet that once the media stops covering these stories he'll be back to his old antics.

October 13, 2010 at 9:11 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Adam Lambertisaphony

Oh God, another bandwagon jumping fudge packer promising to take the penis out of his mouth long enough to be nice.

October 13, 2010 at 9:07 pm | Report abuse |
  39. angie79

Guys, its best we let this go and see what happens. He might be able to stick to his word and if so great.

October 13, 2010 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  40. tinkerae

Actually he started this a few weeks ago and has kept it up. I was a loyal reader of his page up until last year when he became to negative then started reading recently again he has changed I hope this countiues,some of you need to read alittle more before you comment (esp. If it involves another website) if he keeps this up remains to be seen but he is trying

October 13, 2010 at 8:57 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Cybirr

He claims he is the Queen of Media. I've always thought he was just a queen of mean. He won't change.

October 13, 2010 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  42. Paige

Well said Suzie! Whether he follows through or not remains to be seen, and frankly I could care less either way. However, I do believe the heart of the matter here to is to stop the vicious cycle of online bullying. If you don't have something nice to say, keep it to yourself. Or act like an adult and voice your opinions tactfully.

October 13, 2010 at 8:16 pm | Report abuse |
  43. wayne

How hilarious. A man with no talent bullies the talented. And he thinks no one takes him serious NOW? If his last name wasn't Hilton, regardless of whether or not he's related to Paris, his 15 minutes would have been up long ago.

October 13, 2010 at 8:11 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Andy

Perez, if you're really interesting in making people happy, disappear.

October 13, 2010 at 8:06 pm | Report abuse |
  45. TXJake

Wow! This pansy thinks celebrities actually felt bullied by him. What a pretentious being of work he is thinking his ramblings ever bothered anyone.

October 13, 2010 at 8:03 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Jake

I hope he keeps it up ...

October 13, 2010 at 7:57 pm | Report abuse |
  47. jb

Another bs artist.

October 13, 2010 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
  48. sandra

too little, too late.

October 13, 2010 at 7:09 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Suzie

Seriously??? Come on. Stop bullying people. Its funny how you can do it online yet in real life I'm sure some of you are parents of teens who are bullied. Stop being so cruel. People make mistakes. None of you are perfect nor is Perez. Give him some credit for admitting his wrongs and trying to be a better person. I don't see any of you doing that!!!

October 13, 2010 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  50. The Gr8 1 SLASH

Kinder and gentler...... like barbed wire toilet paper. Never liked him, never will.

October 13, 2010 at 6:25 pm | Report abuse |
  51. I

Good for him. Why are you guys giving him a hard time when he's making a positive change? I think everyone deserves a second chance.. You go Perez!

October 13, 2010 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • me

Really I? Seriously doubt you think everyone deserves a second chance. You were probably among those that chastised oj simpson, michael vick, michael jackson, ben roethlisberger, kobe bryant and every single celeb that has commited a wrong.

October 13, 2010 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Andrew

Ellen basically called him out if you watch the interview. He knew what he was doing all these years and saw the backlash when he tried to post support for the anti-bullying campaign. Honestly, people need to just not go to his site or follow him on twitter. Maybe he will go away.

October 13, 2010 at 5:58 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Frank

To be honest, I thought the headline referred to a s#x change. Lol.

October 13, 2010 at 5:53 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Becky

Well done on the hate messages. Why lower yourself to that level?

October 13, 2010 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Rhonda

A leppard never changes his Spots!!
    This guy spews Hatred and venom and will never change as long as he thinks he can get away with it. He is a Bully!! and I can only hope that he is shown the same courtesy and respect that he has shown to others in the past!!
    I don't like this guy! I never have and I never will.. He is SLIME and he will Never change!!!

October 13, 2010 at 5:48 pm | Report abuse |
  56. Frank

We'll see how sincere he is. The transgender community is still waiting for that apology, for one.
    Oh, and how about choosing a new name, Perez? Why glorify a racist coked up STD factory?
    I know I'll never go on his site again. Haven't been there in years, anyway.

October 13, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  57. Diego

Did he loose weight? he looks Great!

October 13, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  58. stella

The only reason he's changing is because he lost a lot of fans. He was so mean and hatefull to Christina Agulera , he lost me as a
    reader. He has burned a lot of bridges and hurt a lot people. He focuses too much on certain celebrities (lady ca ca) even though
    she is not the greatest. I don't believe Perez (lard ass) Hilton and II wont be back as a reader, the damage is done.

October 13, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Justin

It's about time. You are mean and some of the things you say are cruel. Lets hope you are a man of your word.

October 13, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  60. Alison

I'll believe it when I see it, Perez ya fat piece of cr@p!!!

October 13, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  61. boocat

He's another loser who needs to muzzle himself. He & David Arquette should both take a long walk of a short pier.

October 13, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cliros

What is Perez Hilton? I thought it was Spencer whatever it's name is ugly younger brother, but I'm not sure. What does this thing do other than fill dead air on shows like Ellen and E News?

October 14, 2010 at 5:29 am | Report abuse |
    • KAY

WHO CARES WHAT THAT FAT FROG HAS TO SAY ABOUT ANYTHING. HE NEEDS TO BRUSH THE SH..... OFF HIS TEETH BEFORE HE OPENS HIS MOUTH.

October 17, 2010 at 2:59 pm | Report abuse |
    • miss pumpkin

i will love to send you a copie of my karaoke concert i have created , i been looking for someone to help me out, with the show i have some really great talent to offer the world for info. call alfredetta ward 510766-4533

October 19, 2010 at 1:17 am | Report abuse |