Jon Stewart announces rallies to be broadcast live
October 13th, 2010

Jon Stewart announces rallies to be broadcast live

Can’t quite find the time to make it to the Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert rallies in our nation's capitol?

Well, don't go feeling all unpatriotic about it. Stewart announced on his show Tuesday night that both his "Rally to Restore Sanity" and Colbert’s "March to Keep Fear Alive" will be broadcast live by Comedy Central.

The network will also live stream the events which are scheduled to occur on October 30. Entertainment Weekly reports that while  specifics for the coverage are still being worked out, the rally and march are scheduled to run from noon to 3 p.m.

The Comedy Central website reiterated the rules Stewart laid out for the rallies on Tuesday night: "No nudity. No throwing stuff. No fascism. All of which, Jon says, boil down to the very basic 'when in doubt, don't be douchey.'"

1. Nancy

I'll be attending the rally in CHICAGO......can't wait. Hoping for a decent turnout.

October 27, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  2. WhiteKong78

It is a sad day in America when a comedian can outline the issues better than the actual "news". I wish I could go to the rally, but I'm poor and will be working.

October 14, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Robin

Makes me sad that I used up all my vacation time this summer and can't go. I really hope the turn out is good so they consider doing this again in the future.

October 14, 2010 at 9:11 am | Report abuse |
  4. Polly

Awesome! I wish I could go!

October 14, 2010 at 8:51 am | Report abuse |
  5. Cara Walton

One of the best tools for the criticism of government and society is comedy and satire. The use of satire and comedy as political commentary has been around since the times of the Ancient Greeks and I'm sure even before that. It's a wonderful way to look at what is going on in our government.

October 14, 2010 at 6:49 am | Report abuse |
  6. billp

I trust Stewart and Colbert more than any of those crooks and clowns in Washington, and more than any of the so-called media. How sad it is that only comedians today can speak truth the power. The mainstream media is more concerned about preserving its access and perks than with challenging those in power. If a free, independent and inquisitive press is vital to the health of this country, no wonder we're in trouble.

October 14, 2010 at 12:08 am | Report abuse |