Somebody hand NeNe a tissue on 'Real Housewives'
October 12th, 2010

Somebody hand NeNe a tissue on 'Real Housewives'

Don’t cry for me, NeNe Leakes.

The latest episode of “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” gave us a more emotional NeNe than I ever thought I would see.

I was touched to witness her crying over her son, who she desires to see get his act together. And I hooted when she pointed out that she had to buy his story that he had no idea there was marijuana in his pocket when he went to visit a friend in jail because he couldn’t possibly be that stupid.

I believe I heard a collective roar of approval from mothers across America when she took her son to task for saying she was too strict on him. What mama hasn’t wanted to let an ungrateful child have it and then finish the speech up with “You have lost your damn mind!”

NeNe’s tears over her meeting with Dwight was a little less moving, especially because it just seemed so anticlimactic. Is NeNe going to call Kim out for the $10K loan story which Dwight now claims isn’t true? Who will feel NeNe’s wrath next?

Speaking of Kim, that was an EPIC FAIL that she didn’t share the proceeds from “Tardy for the Party” with Kandi. That song would be nothing without Kandi, who made it even passable to listen to, and Kim ought to be ashamed of herself.

Things I loved about this episode include Sheree’s venturing into the dating world. I was so happy to see her transform from a decidedly stank attitude at the hood club her doctor date had her transported to (hey, at least he sent a car for her) to her loosening up and actually enjoying herself. His heart was in the right place and I’m glad Sheree was able to see past the location. There may be hope for that chick yet!

As was the case last week with Phaedra, I'm not sure yet how I feel about new "Housewife" Cynthia, the model. She seems cool though slightly delusional if she thinks she can transform Atlanta into New York City.  Having lived in both cities, I say good luck with that.

1. jason

None of them seem real.
    Where do they get their money?
    But that's a bigger question on the O.C.

October 28, 2010 at 3:25 am | Report abuse |
  2. Mrs.Davis

@Dee. Fake or Real, I am a fan of NewYork and Atlanta Housewives reality shows. Apparently you are to because you took time out Your LIFE to : Access the site; Read my comment; Responded to my commemt, and you did this all Before 8am. CHECK YOUR SELF.

October 16, 2010 at 3:01 am | Report abuse |
  3. ShiningStar

I really like NeNe. She is the highlight of the show; let's face it. Yes she can be loud and in your face when she is mad, but that is just her personality. And some people say that the show is scripted, but for the most part, what you see is actually how these people are. You can't "act" that good. I definitely know acting when I see it and these people on the show are being for real. I don't know about this Phaedra person yet. I'm still trying to feel her. From what I can see so far, even though she is an attorney, she has a lot of "hood" in her that will probably come out more as the season progresses. They were saying that her husband is a ex-convict. That should tell you something about her. I wonder if she was his attorney that represented him in court. I can't wait to find out more details about that situation. Love this show!

October 13, 2010 at 5:52 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Quiet With A Lot To Say

It's like you were sitting on the couch watching with me–in my brain.

I was so glad when NeNe read her son. Now that was real. I'm glad that he was respectful in that he didn't mouth off to his mother–he might've gotten a beat down.

Yes, I'm waiting to hear who is actually lying–Dwight or Kim? Kim has been known to lie before.

I'm glad Sheree's date went well. She actually let her guard down and let him lead!

And, I want to talk to Kandi. How come you didn't get your money, girl? I can see that song being sampled for years to come. Did she see the George Clinton story on Unsung. I know Kandi is a smart young woman, but I don't get that one.

I will keep enjoying my guilty pleasure on Monday nights!

Also, what's up with

October 13, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Soljagurl

Ladies and Gentleman, like others before me, please pay attention to the following words...ITS A TV SHOW. Although I do love the comments...Have a great CNN day :D

October 13, 2010 at 9:31 am | Report abuse |
  6. KATH

LMAO @ Kim statement of being a Pop Star,,,,ffs the wigged woman is nasty. But drama sells,so she will be there till that last episode. I think they should put her and Danielle on American Idol and let the judges at em,,, :))

October 13, 2010 at 5:13 am | Report abuse |
  7. MRS. DAVIS

NEENEE WAS CORRECT ABOUT KIM. SHE WARNED KANDI THAT KIM WAS NOT A BFF AND THAT KIM WAS NOT TO BE TRUSTED. KANDI YOU ARE A PROFESSIONAL IN YOUR BUSINESS PLEASE ACT LIKE IT. PAY ATTENTION, YOU HAVE NEVER HEARD KIM SAY THAT NEENEE WAS NOT A FRIEND TO HER, YOU HAVE HEARD KIM MOCK NEENEE'S PHYSICAL APPEARANCE AND HER MANNERISM. KIM IS THE TYPICAL "RUN TELL THAT" CHIC. KANDI, YOUR DISLIKE FOR NEENEE CLOUDED YOUR JUDGEMENT AND YOUR ACTIONS REGARDING"...TARDY.." KIM BASICALLY STOLE MONEY FROM YOUR PURSE. YOU APPROACHED KIM LIKE SHE WAS A BFF REGARDING THE SINGLE. KIM'S APPROACH WAS MOB.KIM I DO NOT HAVE A PHD WHEN IT COMES TO YOU, IN MY WORLD YOU A BAD CHIC, WHO WAS JUST MORE BUSINESS MINDED THEN THE PROFESSIONAL,KANDI. KANDI YOUR FAME AND SUCCESS HAS MADE YOU NIEVE TO THE HUNGRY WOLVES AROUND YOU. KIM WAS HUNGRY, WHICH IS WHY SHE MADE MORE MONEY FROM THE SINGLE. KANDI ALSO TRY TO BOND WITH NEENEE. JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE USE EXPLICIT,LOUD LANGUAGE, OR HAS RUDE MANNERISM DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE INTENTIONS ARE BAD.NEENEE IS LOUD,SOMETIMES VULGAR,VERY RUDE, AND EMOTIONAL BUT NONE OF THE WOMEN OR MEN ON THE SHOW HAVE EVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH HER AS A FRIEND,UNLESS THEY JUST DID NOT WANT HER FRIENDSHIP,IE SHEREE LAST SEASON.LISTEN TO THE SONG "THE TRIGGER GOT NO HEART". THE SONG IS PERFORMED BY YOUNG MEN WHO LOOK HOOD USING EXPLICIT LYRICS,BUT WITH A POSITIVE MESSAGE.KANDI PLEASE LISTEN TO NEENEE. KIM SHOWED HERSELF TO YOU WHEN SHE SOUGHT LEGAL COUNSEL FOR A FRIENDLY COLLABORATION.KANDI PLEASE BELIEVE WHAT YOU SEE. IF YOU CAN NOT BELIEVE YOUR EYES, THEN PLEASE CHECK YOUR PURSE, AND NEVER BE TARDY FOR THE MONEY.LOL

October 13, 2010 at 1:19 am | Report abuse |
    • Dee

@Mrs. D, you need to wake up from your fantasy world and get yourself a life. This is "televiosn" not real.

October 13, 2010 at 6:44 am | Report abuse |
  8. D

I think it's all fake and scripted

October 12, 2010 at 11:17 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Brian Dale (Peel Inc. Evanston)

Who watches this crazy show???

October 12, 2010 at 9:49 pm | Report abuse |
  10. sharlisa

I am from Atlanta..NeNe is the only real woman on there now. Kandi is alright but why does she always smile. Kim gotta go and Phaedra...WHAT. this is the last season to fake now not the Atlanta I knew and still love

October 12, 2010 at 9:04 pm | Report abuse |
  11. cindy

yes totally agree with CNN Writer. but i just do not like that Phadra or as Ne Ne put it FAKE TRA, this woman is so hood and who writes her lines, especially that comment she made about southern women its as thought she found some crap written on a Cornflakes box, during the 1940s and is using it as her mantra.
    get a life woman you are so fake, I cant wait to see her be put in her place and NeNe is just the woman to do it.

October 12, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • MRS.DAVIS

THE COMMENT THAT Phadra MADE ABOUT HER UNBORN SON'S PENIS WAS JUST A REMINDER THAT MONEY AND EDUCATION DOES NOT EQUAL CLASS. HOWEVER, PHADRA IS A TRUELY ACCOMPLISHED WOMAN.I JUST HOPE THAT THE PUBLIC AND THE WOMEN OF ATLANTA HOUSEWIVES DO NOT DISTURB PHADRA'S MARRIAGE. LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, THIS MAN HAS A PAST PLEASE LEAVE IT THERE.

October 13, 2010 at 1:41 am | Report abuse |
  12. The_Anonymous1

I'm so glad that NeNe apologized to Dwight; they used to be so tight and then at the beginning of this season, its like they weren't even speaking anymore and that bothered me; Kandi is good to GIVE Kim that song and not ask for any money; I believed a person in her position (songwriter, singer, producer) doesn't work for free and she shouldn't have in Kim's case as it took a lot more work to make that song listenable with Kims voice grating it to shreds then it would have been on someone that could've actually sung the song without AUTO TUNE; Sheree, I'm glad to see that she at least gave the guy a chance.

October 12, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |