'Glee' does 'Rocky Horror Picture Show'
October 12th, 2010

'Glee' does 'Rocky Horror Picture Show'

The Halloween episode of "Glee" that will air on October 26 might have fans feeling like they're in a time warp: The McKinley High students will star in a production of the '70s cult classic, "The Rocky Horror Picture Show."

TV Guide reports that Rachel (Lea Michele) has landed the lead role of Janet, while Mercedes (Amber Riley) will step into Tim Curry's corset as Frank-N-Furter while Finn (Cory Monteith) will play dorky Brad.

"Cory's just a big goofy nerd, and so is Brad; he was perfect," says Chris Colfer, whose character Kurt will play creepy Riff Raff.

"Riff Raff is the best character and everyone was amazed at how incredible the makeup was," says Colfer. "I was mistaken for a blonde woman a couple times. All I kept thinking was, 'You did this to yourself, Chris.'"

Among the other notable students suiting up for "Rocky Horror": Quinn (Dianna Agron) and Santana (Naya Rivera) as punky domestic Magenta, and new kid Sam (Chord Overstreet) as golden god Rocky Horror. John Stamos's Dr. Carl steps in for Puck (Mark Salling) as Eddie, a role originated by Meat Loaf in the 1975 movie.

"I've loved 'Rocky Horror' since I first saw it when I was 12," says Colfer. "There is no point to it except being crazy and having a good time."

Post by:
Filed under: Glee • television

1. Luna

Коллеги , нужно Ваше мнение , кто знает или сталкивался.

Есть потребность приобрести колечко с бриллиантом массой более карата, но знаю , что это стоит очень дорого и мне не по карману.

Но читала , что есть облагороженные бриллианты, которые ничем не отличаются от обычных, но стоят дешевле в

три раза.

Кто-нибудь вообще держал такие в руках, они правда великолепны ?

June 5, 2011 at 8:45 pm | Report abuse |
  2. DIAMANTER

ЗАКРЫВАЕТСЯ ЮВЕЛИРНЫЙ ОН-ЛАЙН СТОК [b] MONROE GEMS CH[/b] !!!
    Продолжается полная ликвидация изделий с бриллиантами и драгоценными камнями по низким ценам .
    ИМЕННО ДЛЯ ВАС ДОПОЛНИТЕЛЬНЫЕ СКИДКИ !!!

May 30, 2011 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Sara

ROCKY HORROR ENTHUSIASTS!

check it out at the Baruch Performing Arts Center (NYC) for only $7 on May 3rd!

Its free if you come in costume and there is a $100 grand prize for the best dressed!

Show your support!

April 19, 2011 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |
  4. issa

"ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW" THIS EPISODE OF GLEE WAS IN MY OPINION BEST YET. ROCKY HORROR IS MY ALL TIME FAVORITE MOVIE. MOST PEOPLE SAY SUBJECT MATTER RISKY I SAY GO FOR IT!!!!!!!

November 1, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Ciel

RHPS! I love both Glee and Rocky Horror. This gon' be goood. :D

October 13, 2010 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  6. jpeg4hellenkeller

part of me think its cus mtv is doing the remake........they want to get buzz about it before it comes out......the other part of me likes the idea and hopes that the MTV version fails miserably because the original is perfect as it is........

October 13, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • A Random Trannie

Eh... I don't know, I'm torn. Where I'm a traditionalist, too, I really loved the 2000 revival of the stage production – true enough to the original, but different enough in a lot of ways that made it fun to see (added harmonies and orchestra fills, fun choreography, etc.). Keep an open mind. Frank would. ;)

October 13, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sarah

Last I heard, MTV cut the remake and aren't doing it anymore.

October 16, 2010 at 2:04 am | Report abuse |
  7. mecatfish

I FEEL YOU SHIVER WITH ANTICIP........................ATION!!!

October 13, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Larrke

I am a big fan of Glee & Rocky Horror, so I can not wait for this episode. Although I was a bit surprised that super talented Amber Riley was selected to play Frank, I actually think this surprising choice is very much in keeping with the thousands of "Midnight Showings" of Rocky Horror Picture Show where not only did the audience participate with dialogue, singing & props, but often a devoted band of regulars & brave newbies wore costumes and acted out the songs in front of the screen. And many times you would see people with body types very different from the actors gleefully playing roles of their choosing. It only reinforces one of the messages of Rocky Horror, "Don't Dream It – Be It". Amber Riley with her amazing voice and beautiful presence will make this role her own and I predict do an amazing job.

October 13, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Sean

I still think CNN has the worst commenters around, they hate everyone and **** on anything. **** people just let people like what they like, if you got something to say thats negiative KEEP IT TO YOURSELF.

October 13, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Sarah

It's going to be amazing... =]

October 13, 2010 at 1:29 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Don

Actually, they're not doing "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" – the stage version, which was the basis for the movie, is called just "The Rocky Horror Show." (I seem to recall that when the stage version toured the USA, one of the things they had to do was to warn ticket buyers "not to bring props"; there's a difference between, say, throwing toast at a movie screen and throwing it at live actors.)

October 13, 2010 at 1:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • A Random Trannie

It's an important distinction to make – but the fact that it's the original stage production (Rocky Horror Show) does not preclude audience participation. I'm currently involved in a stage production (Ridley Park, PA, baby!) of this show, and we not only encourage participation but are also selling goodie-bags of props. Our only rule is that you may not pelt any actor with anything. But the toast and the T.P. will be a'flying. :)

October 13, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Maggie R

Glee didn't appeal to me at first. I thought it was just another "teen" oriented show. However, I caught a couple of shows over the summer. What it is is nice entertainment after a long day at the office. Much better than the so-called reality TV shows that are anything but reality. (BTW – I'm a 47year old educated female).

October 13, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  13. GLEEK!

I miss Tim Curry, where has he been? Who doesn't love him in Clue?

October 13, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • bailoutsos

Also, in "Annie." How about as the devil in "Legends" with Tom Cruise?

October 13, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Wayne Gage

I watched Glee once and the camera movement was so tiring I won't watch again. The camera should be the best seat in the house but the cuts are annoying when trying to watch the dancing. Why do cinematographers feel the need to constantly shake a camera or have so many cuts you think they are trying to cover bad acting or bad dancing. They should take a lesson from the best that filmed Fred Astaire.

October 13, 2010 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  15. Suz

I can't stand Glee, but I love the music from Rocky – so I'll probably watch. And I think it's great that they've got a chick playing Frank – this is one of those plays where you can gender-bend just about every role, and it's completely fine. It's all about being goofy and having a good time!

October 13, 2010 at 11:30 am | Report abuse |
  16. JAY

OK I SAW THIS HEADLINE... I JUST WANTED TO SAY TO CNN... THIS IS NOT NEWS.

IF YOU WATCH GLEE THIS IS COMMON KNOWLEDGE

IF YOU DONT WANT GLEE YOU DONT CARE........................................

October 13, 2010 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
    • Suz

Uh, Jay... hurrrr durrrr. NO, it isn't news. That's why it's in the ENTERTAINMENT section. Again, I say: hurrrr durrr.

October 13, 2010 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  17. HL

I love Glee started watching last year and now i'm hooked! I also love Rocky Horror i'm sure it'll be good. Yeah a little odd that they have a woman playing the mans role but she is an excellent singer. And no i'm not a teenager just someone who likes musicals always have

October 13, 2010 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  18. bailoutsos

Tim Curry was awesome in the original.

October 13, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  19. JesSayN

SOOO much about an episode that HASN'T even aired yet. To boot, those with basic common sense-which is watch/don't watch a television show you like/don't like-are addressing those who are seemingly lacking it on this blog.
    The ratings are keeping 'glee' on the air. Why should we, 'gleeks', try to defend a show that speaks for itself? We shouldn't try. It's a waste of time and our OWN common sense. Think about it... Those who don't like it...well, they are simply content with -–. So let's leave them that way ;-) Who's with me???

October 13, 2010 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
  20. Barry

I thought the same thing, but these shows film pretty far out, so shouldn't have conflicted with his being on Glee.

October 13, 2010 at 10:56 am | Report abuse |
  21. Michelle

Puck was on last week, he sang Only the Good Die Young. Mark Salling was probably out for a bit because he needed some time to finish things for his album being released toward the end of this month.

October 13, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  22. Barry

More important is where is Mark Salling? If he isn't on next week, that will make three weeks in a row. Has he been canned? I understand that Emma, Principal Figgins, Sue, and Carl wouldn't have fit into the show last night so all the kids (expect Artie and Brittany) could sing for a change, but is Puck gone, not just in jail? Answers, please.

October 13, 2010 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  23. Brian Dale (Peel Inc. Evanston)

Glee is all the rage – what's the deal??

October 13, 2010 at 10:30 am | Report abuse |
  24. Lucien

Cannot wait to see CHORD OVERSTREET as golden god ROCKY – he is a golden boy and soooo perfect for the role

October 13, 2010 at 10:22 am | Report abuse |
  25. The Truth

Maybe I'd actually take valuable time out of my own day to watch Glee if they'd bother covering music that isn't overplayed to hell on various radio stations or sucked giant donkey balls to begin with. ;)

October 13, 2010 at 10:16 am | Report abuse |
  26. Steve

Going back to Shakespeare, what entertainment show hasn't been done for profit? You show me the simplest soloist on the street, performing with passion and I'll show you a bucket for change at their feet.

October 13, 2010 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  27. Greg Crawford

Whether or not someone likes a show is completely subjective, but the criteria by which its quality is judged are not. "Glee" is a superb show, and my wife and I never miss it. Whoever said the writing, acting and singing are bad doesn't know what he's talking about. I write, act, and sing, and I know what makes someone good at it. These guys are GREAT at it! The petty sniping sounds like mean, little people who demean and belittle anything they can't do, simply to elevate themselves in their own eyes. So sad.
    I saw "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" in its original release, and "Let's Do the Time Warp Again" is still one of the funniest things I've ever seen on film. I can't wait to see how "Glee" does it. GO GLEEKS!

October 13, 2010 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  28. Andrew

My old girlfriend and I usedi to go as Brad and Janet many years ago. This brings back memories. Looking forward to seeing it!

October 13, 2010 at 9:38 am | Report abuse |
    • Suz

You mean shadow-cast? Or just coming to see the movie/play in costume?

October 13, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  29. Timmy

Gosh, it's been 46 years since I was a 15 yr old dork. I guess that makes me an overblown 61 yr old dork now, with an MBA, income in the 6 digits, and two kids with doctorates. But, to support Emily, I have seen RHPS about 40 times since it was a ritual to see it if I was in a city outside of my own over the weekend. And to answer others... Since when do we watch TV (or movies for that matter) for realism? Reality TV is like watching the neighbors BBQ. It is supposed to be escapist entertainment and not be based on facts. If you doubt that, just watch CNN and see how far it departs from reality. So... I must confess.. I am a 61 yr old GLEEK. Party on.

October 13, 2010 at 9:36 am | Report abuse |
  30. robin

You Know tv is suppose to be enjoyable. people have opinions. so everybody has a voice. let us just like what we like. so stop being so mean and allow everyone their own likes and dislikes. By the way Glee and Rocky Horror is not that bad. kinda cute in it's own way.

October 13, 2010 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  31. manners

I guess no one taught emily if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything. I'm psyched for this episode, which I'll be watching from the arms of my gorgeous guy. We'll be laughing at lonely girls who post mean things online during the commercials.

October 13, 2010 at 9:22 am | Report abuse |
  32. Me

I like the show when it first came out. After last week's and last night's episode, I have decided to stop watching. This show is absolutely appaling, disgusting and a disgrace.

October 13, 2010 at 9:21 am | Report abuse |
  33. LoopsFroot

Glee = A Fame Reboot
    Didn't like Fame back then, won't be watching Glee now.

October 13, 2010 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  34. Name*terri

Glee rocky horror show

October 13, 2010 at 8:40 am | Report abuse |
  35. remyg

Glee sucks and Rocky Horror sucks. Brings me to my point that bad acting and terrible singing DO go good together.

October 13, 2010 at 6:36 am | Report abuse |
  36. Paul

What gets on my nerves about this show is how it is made with profit in mind and not entertainment value. The tie in song sales are the reason this show was made and that or rather sad. As soo as a show is over you can go download the songs you heard on iTunes. I am sure that the company who make it take money from record companies to feature their music, and all the special guests are paying handsomely for the exposure. It's like a record companies push for selling music, thinly disguised as a show made for people to just watch. Some people might not get what I am saying, but I just think that the only reason this show exists is to sell music after the fact.

October 13, 2010 at 4:24 am | Report abuse |
    • Hannah

Everything these days is made with profit in mind. So why dislike Glee because of that?

October 13, 2010 at 5:51 am | Report abuse |
    • LgMcB

Or... maybe, the marketing geniuses behind the show understand that the audience they draw will actually want to have some of the songs on their iPods or whatever. It doesn't make it any less entertainment focused than any other artist selling, yes selling, their work to make a profit. Everyone is pimping it these days get used to it.

October 13, 2010 at 8:06 am | Report abuse |
  37. Doug Ausbury

This is wrong. Stop ruining our classics.

October 13, 2010 at 2:48 am | Report abuse |
  38. Emily

Don't hate on me. I am a couch potato and I love potato chips. My favorite tv show is Jersey Shore. That is a true dramatic show that is totally non-fiction. Get educated yourselves you GLEEKS!!!

October 13, 2010 at 1:39 am | Report abuse |
    • Hannah

Jersey Shore is just a show about greedy, materialistic, shallow people who care more about money than they do about one another. How can you possibly think that's a better show than Glee?

October 13, 2010 at 1:54 am | Report abuse |
    • Hannah

By the way, potato chips are basically a heart attack in a bag. Why not switch to a healthier snack? Or do you not care about your health, which would make you incredibly selfish?

October 13, 2010 at 1:59 am | Report abuse |
    • Emily

I hate to break it to you but Jersey Shore is scripted and then made out to look like a reality show. It's not actually real life, nobody lives like that.

October 13, 2010 at 3:51 am | Report abuse |
    • Hannah

When did I ever say that Jersey Shore is a reality show? Trust me, I know it's scripted. That doesn't change the fact that it has no place being on TV at all, or that it's morally bankrupt.

October 13, 2010 at 5:48 am | Report abuse |
  39. ray

If I REMEMBER RIGHT IS IT NOT THE POINT OF ROCKY HORROR FOR OTHERS TO DRESS UP AS THE ORIGANAL CAST AND PERFORM THE SHOW. SO NOW THE CAST OF GLEE IS DOING IT. WE DID IT EVERY WEEKEND MY SENIOR YEAR OF HIGHSCHOOL.

October 13, 2010 at 1:33 am | Report abuse |
  40. christysgirls4

I LOVE GLEE !! THE SHOW IS SO DIFFERENT MAYBE THAT IS NOT THE WORD I AM LOOKING FOR. IT'S JUST THE MUSIC- THEME THAT I DIG...MAKES ME LAUGH, SMILE AND CRY.

October 13, 2010 at 12:42 am | Report abuse |
  41. mmi16

Glee is fun...nothing more and nothing less. Some incredibly talented young people doing a bang up job....week after week!

October 13, 2010 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
  42. corin

Uhm, am I just blind or did they not mention columbia

October 12, 2010 at 11:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • JD

I think the writer got confused and listed 2 people playing Magenta and no one as Columbia. My guess is that Columbia will be played by one of those shown as playing Magenta..

October 13, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  43. librababy

I know this probably sounds crazy, but, ok now everyone hear me out, when there is a TV show I don't like, I just don't watch it. I know, it sounds insane, but it works! I don't watch it and I don't read articles about it. To all of you who posted comments about how crappy this show is, what harm does it do you if other people enjoy it? I am guessing none, so get off your high horses and stop acting like you're the authority on what is good and what isn't. If you can't bring something intelligent to the conversation just go away.

October 12, 2010 at 10:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steve

I love people who hate popular things because they're popular. Like people who complain about musicals because "hey people don't usually break into song and dance in unison in real life–soooo unrealistic!" The biggest concern here is that anyone would give even a second thought to any person who spends inordinate amounts of time traveling around from blog to blog simply to tick off the participants. Seriously, Glee's a fun show but you are asked to suspend disbelief sometimes. God, you must have hated 'Pushing Daisies' and any other innovative show. "Yeah, 'Cats' 'Chorus Line' 'Chicago' 'Wicked" they were all like TOTALLY 15 minutes of fame material...all you people should like, OMG, like grow up already!...totally." Please drop the mouse, go outside in the (gasp) sunlight and actually interact with people for a while. It'll do you a world of good.

October 13, 2010 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  44. Brian Dale (Peel Inc. Evanston)

Too much attention being a cougar mom

October 12, 2010 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
  45. jmay

Wow! Rocky Horror! havn't seen that in soo long! i just caught my first taste of glee...its pretty cool! any show that has queen and journey and rocky horror more power to ya! dats da junk!

October 12, 2010 at 9:52 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Brian Dale (Peel Inc. Evanston)

This IS news. Of course it is.

October 12, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • librababy

If you scroll to the top of the page you are going to see a long word. That word is "Entertainment". This is the section where they have articles about entertainment. Here is a link to help you understand what the word means http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/entertainment – outside of that, you will know that stories here are not about "politics" or "finance" or other issues because those words are spelled differently and they mean different things. So, if you don't want to read about en·ter·tain·ment then don't click on the link. Yes it is just that easy!

October 12, 2010 at 10:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • LgMcB

It's an entertainment blog!!! And sometimes after people have read the news -which can be depressing – they want something a little fluffier that reminds them to enjoy life. calm. down. don't take life so seriously.

October 13, 2010 at 8:00 am | Report abuse |
    • magnus

OMG, librababy that was one of the funniest responses i've read in a long time. Perfect :)

October 13, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Cheryl

I love Glee and I also USED to love The Nanny........so I guess I'm an Uberdork......
    That's ok... not hurting anyone and enjoying life... so what's so bad?
    BTW, Mercedes as Frank N Furter? Maybe it's because Puck is in Juvy?
    Rocky Horror is a classic and it should be a bunch of fun..
    Today;s ep was ok but the last duet was amazing and Rachel weaaring Barbra's shirt from the original duet was great!

October 12, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Red

OMG People, it's just a TV show. If you don't enjoy it, turn the channel.

October 12, 2010 at 9:26 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Willy Brown

Hasn't this show had it's 15 minutes. They should call it Jumping The Shark

October 12, 2010 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  50. r

Tonight's episode is great and so, after that Britney fiasco, we have another winner two weeks in a row!

October 12, 2010 at 8:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lisa

Seriously? Not a fan of Britney Spears music but thought that episode was great, lots of fun, and the Glee Britney was amazing. What a dancer.

October 13, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  51. milly western

Rocky Horror!I will be sitting with all the needed props just like I did way back when I went to see the movie!I love this show, It's a mini vacation for my tired mind.

October 12, 2010 at 8:46 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Sammy

In jr high and high school and after there was 1 theater in Wichita, KS that played Rocky Horror as the mid-night movie every weekend. It was awesome.... everyone coming together singing/repeating lines and throwing toast of course....
    So, this 43 yr old will never forget the good times I had seeing this movie with friends! Let the Dorks Unite!

October 12, 2010 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Niki

I'm with you, so many great times and awesome memories!!!!!

October 13, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rocky Fan

Bet we were at the same theatre!! I went almost every weekend in the early 80's dressed as Magenta. Some of the best times of my high school years!!!! Watching the Glee version right now.

October 26, 2010 at 8:47 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Chris

Glee ruins everything. Bad show. Bad music. Bad re-makes. Bad acting. NEXT!

October 12, 2010 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • David

Have you actually watched an episode? Actually don't answer that because you're probably going to say for the sake of your "argument" and come up with unoriginal arguments that you probably heard somewhere else as to why this is a "bad" show.

October 12, 2010 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • LgMcB

I'd be curious to know what you think "good" is if you think what they do is bad. There have been a couple that miss the mark, but for the most part they have proved time and again they have talent.

October 13, 2010 at 7:57 am | Report abuse |
    • Lisa

so don't watch... NEXT !!

October 13, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Isabella

Wow it wus cool I ges....ok anyway IM A HUGE GLEEK!!!!!

October 12, 2010 at 8:37 pm | Report abuse |
  55. liv

Omg I luv quin she is my favorite. I be shell do a great job.

October 12, 2010 at 7:36 pm | Report abuse |
  56. RHPS Fan

How dare FOX grant permission to trash and ruin one of the best Cult Classics of all time?

I'm sure that this is a sign of the end times...

October 12, 2010 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • David

Please take off your nostalgia goggles. Jee you're almost as bad as crazy John Lennon fansboys/fangirls. Why would them doing Rocky Horror ruin the original? What, do you think it will open up an actual time warp and unleash an unspeakable evil upon the set of the original production and prevent it from being created? Seriously, get over it.

October 12, 2010 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matt

David, get over it yourself bud. Glee has no talent other than remake others music. The show only last because its doing the classic rock music. If they did their own work, the show wouldnt have lasted,period. I've noticed that all you doing is going after everybody else that wants to throw in their 2 cents. Grow up

October 13, 2010 at 8:21 am | Report abuse |
    • NikaNika

LOL! I hate it when I miss such important events! When did the cast of Glee doing The Rocky Horror get added to Apocalyptic scripture?

Anyway, I'm angry that Glee is doing the Rocky Horror Picture show for a whole separate reason...as a huge fan of the original (yup, I the Time Warp was my bridal party dance) and Glee, I am being limited on my Halloween options. Do I go as original Columbia or Glee- Columbia? This will be plaguing my thoughts.... For those of you who enjoy the show, you will love this episode. For those of you who Hate the show....why are you on a Glee news thread????

October 18, 2010 at 6:45 pm | Report abuse |
  57. PAL

Why couldnt Will be Dr. Frank-n-Furter?? I love Mercedes but this is a mans role.

October 12, 2010 at 7:24 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Mary

It had so much promise, but then they made Mercedes Frank-N-Furter!?

October 12, 2010 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jackie

What's wrong with Mercedes being Dr. Frank-N-Furter? I think she could pull of the songs and role spectacularly.
      How does that take away from the show? I just don't understand why people think she couldn't/shouldn't be cast as Frankie.

October 13, 2010 at 3:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Emily

I agree. I mean I'm sure she could do a great job at the songs, but it's really hard to imagine her as Dr. Frankenfurter. When you think of Dr. Frank you think of this slightly ripped, british guy in lingerie singing classic songs. You don't really think of a girl in general. I'll just have to wait and see.

October 13, 2010 at 3:55 am | Report abuse |
    • Bree

Boo! The whole point of Rocky Horror is that he is a man in womans clothing... No fun.

October 13, 2010 at 7:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Ashley

It still has promise, but I'm guessing they gave it to Mercedes because having a man do the role on primetime TV would hurt too many sensibiities. Now, I'm all for a good looking man in a corset and fishnets, because it's Rocky Horror and it comes with the territory. But the rest of the U.S. isn't. So they're playing it safe.

And let's be real, Kurt would've been an obvious choice since he's the openly gay character and Will would've been eye candy (again, for those of us who are okay with Frank-N-Furter costumes). I applaud Fox and Glee for at least bringing Rocky Horror this mainstream. I don't think I've seen it in anything this popular since Fame in the 80s. And if it has been in more, you are welcome to school me in a civilized manner.

October 13, 2010 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
    • SD Milwaukee

We used to have a woman playing Frank for quite some time. She'll just have to be a woman playing a man playing a woman.. But I would have loved to see Mr. Shue as Frank. mmmmmm

October 18, 2010 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  59. B-Dog

I love how the pull stories from the show directly from reality. This was just like my high school! Everyone was a professional dancer and singer, obviously gay guys could walk around and not be picked on or bothered, teachers could be mean and insulting to the students and not get fired or reprimanded. I've seen 2 full episodes thanks to my sister visiting, the one where they did the queen song from last season (horrible), and the jesus in the toast one (awful).

Is THIS Really want America wants?? or are we so starved for entertainment we will flock to anything??

October 12, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ron, Mountain View, CA

Well B-Dog, I guess you really did look superficially at the show. It is not perfect, but it is not like you describe either. Everyone is NOT a professional dancer or singer. Most of the characters in the club are ridiculed for being so by the rest of the school. And the gay character IS harassed and picked on for it. As for teachers, the Sue character IS over the top, it is called comedy, not reality. Then again, a teacher at my school would scream at the kids and hurl erasers and other objects at them if it looked like they were dozing off or talking, and he is still there, so it looks like it is not that far off after all.

October 12, 2010 at 6:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • rj

to put it simply... yes. unadulterated entertainment. the same as modern family but i suppose you dont like that as well

October 12, 2010 at 7:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • CSD

Yeah, who needs a show with top quality singing, the best session players, socially aware stories, and half-decent scripts? Let's have more wedding reality shows or DWTS show we can watch chubby unwed moms flair around the stage instead of being home with their kids...

Or better yet, another "America's Got Talent" which shows every week that no, america does NOT have talent,

October 12, 2010 at 10:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • random70

Do you really want to watch a show about everyday boring lives? How about a show about a 35 year old woman standing in line at the DMV, and then visiting her friend in the hospital and then having dinner with her husband before she turns in for the night? That sounds soooo interesting. It's called EN-TER-TAIN-MENT.

October 13, 2010 at 8:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Lisa

This is much more entertaining than all the 'reality" shows people are watching. Do YOU really want to watch Bridzillas or Jersey Shore? I don't, never have and never will watch "reality" TV

October 13, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sean

Sadly, B-Dog, what most Americans want is more reality Crap (with a capital C). Glee is refreshing because it has (mostly) nothing to do with reality. If the networks don't come up with more shows like Glee, eventually all we'll have to watch is "The Real Housewives of Tulsa, Oklahoma."

October 13, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • MelBel

You are telling me you don't ever read or watch anything that had unrealistic happenings? Man your life my be totally boring and SUCK!

October 14, 2010 at 10:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ashley

... Not to mention Kurt gets picked on constantly by the jocks for being openly gay. And there ARE some really talented people in high school.. Most celebrities went to high school some where right?

October 18, 2010 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
  60. Emily

The overgrown 15-year-old dorks who watch this show are going to be so psyched.

October 12, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cyn

As a 57-year old female with a college degree , I'm not sure how I feel about being called an overgrown 15-year dork, but I love Glee. I'll hate to miss this episode, but I'll be at a Bob Dylan concert that night.

October 12, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • TDog

Well, that was mean.

Have fun at your concert, Cyn!

October 12, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nat

emily, I think you are an overgrown 15-year-old dork who watches this show.

October 12, 2010 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fool

Hey Emily! Who you callin' overgrown? You're probably a couch potato, who sits and watches the Nanny daily, and you freak out if you miss it. Don't talk about teenagers that way. Gosh, go watch the Nanny.

October 12, 2010 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cousin Henry

and don't forget Bewitched, too! Viewing them all on her full eps. DVD collection! he he he

October 12, 2010 at 8:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • r

If dork means you have feelings that super-jerks don't think are cool then I would hope that most of us are dorky to the max.

October 12, 2010 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lindsay

*sigh* Do we have to explain ANOTHER TV show to you, Emily? Clever is wasted on you....

October 12, 2010 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • evoc

As another over 50 female who loves Glee, I think it is fantabulous they are doing Rocky Horror. I look forward to the show every week.

October 12, 2010 at 9:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Curtis

Hmmmm, another "clever" individual. *note the thinly vialed sarcasm*, but seriously, if you dont like the show than why take time out of your apparently meaningless day to comment on here. Go get your jollies somewhere else

October 12, 2010 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Angie

I happen to love this show and on more than one occasion I have gotten goosebumps and chills while the 'kids' were singing. If you don't care for Glee, then please... don't watch it, but don't dog and down it just because you can't handle a show about singing kids... If you gave it a chance, you might just see the error of your thought process... Glee really is quite a good show, with teenage problems and adult problems alike.
      I can't wait to see the Halloween episode now!! I ♥ Rocky Horror!!

October 13, 2010 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
    • bailousos

Tim Curry was awesome in the original movie.

October 13, 2010 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Sandy

Dork? How old are YOU? I haven't heard that insult since my own high school days back when you could watch Rocky Horror in the theater, often at midnight shows, when fans would arrive with newspapers. I'm obviously not 15, and I watch this show.

October 13, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Lisa

I'm 50 and love this show and own the Rocky Horror soundtrack so was VERY'psyched when I saw the previews last night'!! I'm giong to be in Vegas at a technical conference but plan on being in my hotel room watching this on the 26th . PS – not at all a "dork" but my computer degrees do make me a geek (gleek!)

October 13, 2010 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • joeriel

@cyn
      You do realize we have amazing new technology that lets you timeshift your viewing of any TV show?

October 13, 2010 at 12:34 pm | Report abuse |
    • Andrew

How bitter you are. Are you still upset that Star Search has been taken off the air?

October 13, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • MIKE

You know if you don't like the show then why bother commenting, or even reading the article for that matter? Go HATE somewhere else.. GLEE ROCKS.... AND YES, I'M PROUD TO BE A GLEEK!! I think the show is pure genius, and the musical numbers are exciting; the weekly storylines are incredible and deal with taboo subjects....

October 13, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • pitweiler

Hi – 43 y.o. college educated female corp exec here who isn't ashamed to admit I watch Glee, enjoy it, and can't wait for the Rocky Horror episode. That will bring back some memories!

October 13, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • MelBel

The real dorks are the ones who search for information and then comment on the information about shows they don't even like!

October 14, 2010 at 10:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • SD Milwaukee

@Sandy: You can STILL see it in theaters in some cities at midnight. I have been in the Milwaukee cast for almost 10 years... AND I am stupid excited about this episode, so I guess that makes me a dorky over grown 15 year old... But I get excited about anything Rocky OR Glee related, so this is super awesome sauce.

October 18, 2010 at 12:43 am | Report abuse |