Danny McBride on receiving weird emails from Marilyn Manson
October 12th, 2010

Danny McBride on receiving weird emails from Marilyn Manson

It’s no secret that if Marilyn Manson had his way, he’d be starring as Kenny Power’s sidekick Stevie Janowski on “Eastbound and Down.” In fact, Manson has taken his admiration to the point of emailing the show's star, Danny McBride.

“I get weird e-mails from Marilyn Manson now,” McBride told MTV.

“He sends me weird e-mails in the middle of the night of what he’s watching on TV, and you can hear him giggling in the background. One time he literally sent me a ‘Peanuts’ special I guess he was watching.”

For the KP die-hards out there, have no fear - the chances of Manson actually taking over for the quirky Steve Little are slim. According to Danny McBride, having Manson on the show might sour the shock-rock star’s overall experience.

“When I was a kid, I worked at Kings Dominion, an amusement park,” he said, using his experience as an analogy for why he doesn’t feel it would right for a Manson to become a series regular. “I loved that place so I thought it would be cool to get a job there, and it's like the quickest way to ruin all the magic.”

Speaking of the actual show, McBride revealed that he and the co-creators of “Eastbound and Down” aren’t sure where they stand for another season, so adding new characters at all is something that’s up in the air until they get the green light for another chapter in the KP saga.

“We’ve approached each season ... where we have no idea if we’ll be able to do it again, so we try to make it where it could be self-contained,” he said. “In our wildest dreams, this was like a three-season show that arced over those three seasons, so we do have an idea of where to go.”

With four episodes left in the show’s second season, is there a celeb you’d like to see on “Eastbound and Down”?

Filed under: Celebrities • Eastbound & Down • Music • television

1. wherehisrealfansare

This is where his real fans are

November 1, 2011 at 3:54 am | Report abuse |
  2. lashana

Tell Manson to send me mail 2 my email is imthebaddest11@yahoo.com please tell him i really want you to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

November 1, 2011 at 3:52 am | Report abuse |
  3. Adam Lambertisaphony

Lindsay Lohan's beaver.

October 13, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Nubespubes

Eduardo Sanchez has got to be Will Ferrell???

October 13, 2010 at 9:25 am | Report abuse |
  5. D$

Me. Then again my butt might get pregnant with Danny McBrides son and I wouldn't tell him who his father really was until he asked me. I'd probably tell Lil D McB something like, "Your father and I made you out of cocaine and CornNuts, oh yeah, and Love and stuff.".

October 13, 2010 at 5:22 am | Report abuse |
  6. Jack

Frank, you're an idiot. I wouldn't be surprised if you believed in the whole 'rib removal' rumour.

Know who else count as 'has-beens?' Pretty much every single great musician to ever exist. But, if you fancy the more trendy, modern, hip music that's out there, perhaps you'd enjoy a listen of Justin Bieber's new album.

PS. Whoa, you know Manson's first name. Look at how smart you are!

October 13, 2010 at 12:07 am | Report abuse |
    • Frank

Wrong, Jack. You are obviously the idiot. I was once a huge fan of Manson's for years, since the '90s. If you don't know about Manson's heavy drug abuse over the past 20 years or so, you really shouldn't even be commenting on him. The man is a living train wreck. Have you ever read his book? I'm guessing not. I have. Multiple times. It's well known that the man is a raging cokehead and is apparently addicted to certain prescription drugs. He is also a heavy drinker of absinthe which is known to cause mental and neurological problems due to its high volume of methanol. I do believe that the drugs have finally caught up to him. That and his imploding personal life have obviously effected his mental and emotional state, if you have paid attention to him over the past few years. Before he used to be a well-spoken thoughtful artist, now he's coming off as a immature teenager who doesn't make any sense most of the time. Or he's just having a mid-life crisis. But I don't believe that it can be just that. You cannot abuse substances, especially highly poisonous substances, for years and expect to not crash.
      As for him being a has-been: He is. He hasn't been culturally relevent or exciting since Holywood. After that, he decided that this is still 1920s-1930s era Berlin and it went downhill after that.
      Now, that doesn't mean he hasn't created anything interesting since then. I have enjoyed some of his songs and I appreciate his watercolor work. But his glory days are long gone.
      Besides, this is the guy who gave Jennifer Syme (Keanu Reeve's fiance) coke and told her to drive, resulting in a fatal car accident. And if you don't believe that he did it, you must not know anything about his personality. That is certainly something he would do and gleefully. He is quite a sick, twisted person inside and I am not talking about his 'shocking' public persona, which is actually quite boring, especially at this point.
      Now go pull your panties out their twist and get a clue.
      "Whoa, you know Manson's first name. Look at how smart you are!"
      I know a lot more about him than just his name. I know that Dita was a very smart woman for leaving his pathetic ass.

October 13, 2010 at 1:58 am | Report abuse |
    • Adam Lambertisaphony

No, Jack, you're an idiot. Is Marilyn Manson even alive anymore? His Alice Cooper schtick got old after the first album.

October 13, 2010 at 1:39 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Frank

Oh, and Danny looks hot with that facial hair. He should keep it.

October 12, 2010 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Frank

Brian Warner is a drug addict has-been who probably has brain damage after years of heavy drug abuse. It's sad, but he did it to himself. That's all I have to say about that.

October 12, 2010 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |