Before she was Gaga, she was a 'Sopranos' extra
October 12th, 2010

Before she was Gaga, she was a 'Sopranos' extra

Here's one video Lady Gaga probably wishes fans would never see. Back when the outrageous singer was just an awkward 15-year-old, she appeared on "The Sopranos" – and now her cameo is all over YouTube!

In the 2001 episode, titled "The Telltale Moozadell," Tony Soprano's son A.J. and his pals break into the school pool, throwing a desk and other items into the water and smashing a trophy case. Gaga (aka Stefani Germanotta) - still years away from rocking a meat dress - wears a black top and jeans while sitting with two female friends, laughing and smoking a cigarette as she watches the boys.

According to MTV, this isn't the only TV gig that the 24-year-old New York native has had prior to reaching superstardom. Besides appearing as a victim on the network's hidden-camera prank show "Boiling Points" in 2005, she also turned up on a 2008 episode of "The Hills."

Post by:
Filed under: Celebrities • Lady Gaga • Music

1. ashley

ugly:)

October 21, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
  2. Andrew

i think she rocks !

October 17, 2010 at 7:32 pm | Report abuse |
  3. NIKI

REALLI?? I LOOK AT KIM K N EVERYONE TALKING SHYT. N THIS MONSTER GETS PPL TO TO BE NICE. SHE IS A FREAK, WEARS MEAT? UMM YEAH IDK WHAT POINT SHE WAS TRYING TO PROVE OR WHAT KIND OF FAME THIS "THING" WANTS BUT I JUST FEEL SO BAD FOR HER. SHES LIKE A LOST PUPPY JUST NEEDS TO FIND HER WAY HOME. TRASH

October 13, 2010 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  4. Frank

Okay, how is this news? Of course she's been on tv before. DUH. Slow news day? I love Lady Gaga, but come on.
    I like the spikes on her head.

October 12, 2010 at 9:06 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Common Sense

this persons "musical" success is testament to the luncay of the buying public. You are buying nothing real. Good for this broad for duping you all.....when is the next pop regurgitation due you ask? It's right around the corner in another made up crap heap.

October 12, 2010 at 6:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frank

It sure is a testament to our 'luncay', whatever the hell that is.

October 17, 2010 at 8:20 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Mr Glen

PLEASE!! this garbage spouting moron lady gagme is not talented

October 12, 2010 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  7. dislike all pretend persons

Before she was Gagass she was just a dumb brainless no talent bimbo

October 12, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Mr. Zippy

"Surprisingly, the headline-making, political activist musician does not join in the ruckus." Derrr, that's because it wasn't in the script.

October 12, 2010 at 4:05 pm | Report abuse |
  9. dbox

underground track feat laday gaga sample http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sH4zZctQPb8

October 12, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  10. vincenzo cunnilinguini

is it just me, or does this girl look a lot like cher? now that i think about it, i haven't heard much news about cher lately. i'm convinced. laga gaga is, in fact, cher.

October 12, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Dave

I've got another confession, my friend:
    I'm your fool
    Everyone's got their chains to break
    Holding you
    Are you born to resist,
    Or be abused?
    Is someone getting the best, the best, the best, the best of you?

October 12, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Name

Don't be hatin'! :-( Lady Gaga is the best! She is the awesomeness, dudes! Let's all get together at my trailers and have a rockin' Lady Gaga dance party, y'all! Fer shizzies!!!!

October 12, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  13. consarnit

I only opened this article because I thought I'd see 'before she was gaga...' SHE WAS A MAN! Very dissapointing, especially since I was a fan of Sopranos!

October 12, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Jugs

She might be more attractive if she didn't have water baloon flapjack breasts.

October 12, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  15. II-Savy

OMG WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!
    Hopfully GAGA will be GONE GONE soon.

October 12, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ha

Hopefully it will be soon she has lupus!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 12, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frank

"Hopefully it will be soon she has lupus!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

You are not a funny troll in the least.

October 17, 2010 at 8:18 pm | Report abuse |
  16. DM

Comment on the article and stop bashing other peoples husband's. It's rude and sick!

October 12, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  17. DM

She was just as wierd!

October 12, 2010 at 2:26 pm | Report abuse |
  18. KC

That picture, like all of her others, make me want to Gag all over that "Lady".

October 12, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Haha

You haters crack me up. Love her or hate her, she can SING AND PLAY THE PIANO VERY WELL. Fact. Also, she has sold at least 3 million copies of 'The Fame', and continues to do so, and she speaks out for human rights. While you mock her from your mother's basement, she has no idea who you are. LOL!

October 12, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Not True!

Actually, I'm mocking her from *your* mother's basement.

October 12, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jerry Maguire

I had thought you were wrong at first stating that she can play piano and sing but then you used Caps! You used CAPS! Seriously though, you had me at capital letters.

October 12, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  20. 5t1v roma

she has zillions of dollars now . She doesnt care what anyone of us think. She would laugh at these comments.

October 12, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  21. ana gonzalez

I did not like lady gaga at first but she grew on me. She has a good voice and that was a key factor. I forgive her loco outfits and her go-go-ga-ga put me on because that is all they are.

October 12, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Steve

People call her an artist. An artist of what? She has billions behind her antics. Her sound is mediocre. She is stupid when she talks. She's a fad that will fade. If 50 year old people are listening to her, wake up, the real artists are out there.

October 12, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Edward

I wonder if the people saying she has no talent can play an instrument or sing?

October 12, 2010 at 1:54 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Joe

So she's been a no talented hack from day one then...

October 12, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  25. conton

wow. i'm in a law as well and i assure you 'attack' was used in a colloquial sense.

people have a preference for celebrity news and gossip because pop culture surrounds us. its a common language. if someone posts about how beautiful or talented a star is someone else is bound to counter with their opinion about how ugly or untalented the person is. that's what makes these sites popular.

i enjoy pop culture news and discussions about bands/artists like lady gaga because its fun. we all know who she is and we all have different opinions. what reason is there to call people's children ugly because they call a celebrity you like ugly?

one of my favorite things to do is to read unfavorable reviews about bands i like, it gives me a different perspective and hearing people tear apart a public-persona/music you enjoy can sometimes even offer a deeper understanding about how they make the music they make or what drives their popularity/unpopularity. its an open discussion on culture. again, its fun.

the only time it stops being fun is when 'lady gaga is beautiful, no lady gaga is ugly' turns into 'no lady gaga isn't ugly, you're trailer trash and your kids are ugly.' do you identify so personally with this celebrity that you feel that any attack on her is an attack on yourself? how thin does a self image have to be to invoke this response?

and yea, this is happening in politics as well. if you think people's personal identification with issues/personas such as obama or palin, instead of a desire to have serious discussions about the issues hasn't degraded our ability to have a democratic discussion, then open your eyes yo.

if you'd care for me to list some of the bands i like so you can critique them or insult them, i'd be happy to do so.especially if it'd make you feel better about yourself personally. but calling people's children ugly as a reaction to them calling a celebrity ugly? its just sad. and feigning offense about your country because you got called out for acting like a hypocrite and a fool over some lady you don't even know, even more sad.

i like the 'white stripes.' rip em apart. i'm going to go read some more culture news and participate in discussions that don't degenerate into name calling back and forth between the participants. have a nice life, yo.

October 12, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Yep

I had figured you were either in law or social work.

October 12, 2010 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • Little Monster

Haha. Bravo. Again, dear Conton, no attacks were made.

"She likely looks better than alot of your own ugly children who you continually lie to saying that they're beautiful"

Key word being likely. I applaud the fact that you attempt to twist this into my own self esteem issue when it was clearly you who got offended by the children comment. As it applies to politics, the media has a huge influence on how we portray people like Palin and even GaGa Personally, my political standpoint is definitely conservative, however I support things like pro choice and gay marriage in addition to Palin being a complete idiot. Yes, that was an attack. She's kind of hot, tho.

Giving me ammo to discredit the artists that you favor will only naturally sway anyone to not do so in an attempt to have yet another reason to disagree. Semantics, some would call it.

I'm not sure what sort of hypocrites and fools you hang around, but I do want to thank you for adding to my already super low self esteem. Cyber bullying becoming a huge issue these days, but I do want to point out that it was you who said that Americans these days cannot partake in such simple things like civil communication. Clearly, you're American.

On a positive note, thank you for wishing me a nice life.

October 12, 2010 at 2:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • xjdavid

Little Monster, you may practice law, but you should practice your English.
      Your use of "likely" in that sentence is an adverb modifying "looks," a verb that is being done by the pronoun "she" referring to Gaga. So, you were saying that the children ARE ugly, but that Gaga is maybe or maybe not as ugly as they are.
      Oh yeah, and you're an ass.

October 12, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Little Monster

Oh yeah, xjdavid? Well, I'm not sure that caps locking certain words for emphasis is that professional. I mean, this is CNN we're talking about. I'm telling.

October 12, 2010 at 3:21 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Jason B.

Is it me or does that photo make her look like a gray-haired, 90 year old granny?

October 12, 2010 at 1:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • beenz

Actually, if you look at it really quickly, she looks like Cher. Or a Cher impersonator.

October 12, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Meena

YES it does indeed. I think that is precisely the look she was going in for....

October 12, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Little Monster

I think it's hillarious how people blame the social media for their low self esteem issues, then when someone who is self made and wasn't hand picked by a modeling agency takes over, people want to call her ugly? If anything, she is an inspiration and what you all should aspire to be. She made herself. She is real. I saw her perform, and she blew my mind away. She likely looks better than alot of your own ugly children who you continually lie to saying that they're beautiful.

October 12, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • conton

this is exactly what i'm talking about....

lady gaga is not a religious figure she's an artist. art is meant to be both applauded and criticized. you can't expect people not to critique art or artists that they find to be lame. you have to take the bitter with the sweet.

what reason is there to tell people their kids are ugly because they don't find this random celebrity to be pretty? people wander why americans can't have a civil conversation about anything these days.

what do you want out of a conversation about art? do you want everyone to agree with you? do you want everyone to like the same art and to dislike the same art according to your preferences? you speak about not 'hating' but this lady is a public figure, people are going to dislike her by virtue of that alone. if you want a world without harsh words or hate don't call people's children ugly because they don't buy the same records you do.

you speak about low self esteem. how low does someone's self image have to be to go on line and knee-jerk attack random people's children because they haven't been to the same concerts you have?

October 12, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Little Monster

Well, Conton-

No attacks were made. I'm in law, and carefully word everything that I say for a reason. "Likely"....

I do understand what you're saying about everyone having their own personal tastes, however. My "attacks" were directed toward those who were calling her ugly, as if her look has some sort of factor on the type of artist that she is. I do not find CNN discussion threads as something that was ever meant for the sole purpose of civil conversation. I find it funny that you "attack" and generalize Americans as a whole with not being capable of something such as civil conversation "these days".

Who are you to pass judgement on every American and their childrens ability to have civil converastion? I'm offended.

October 12, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • spins

@little monster – dont attack others children just because you like lady gaga. how fanatic. get a grip. if people are complaining about gaga. let them. is she your child?

October 12, 2010 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Mike

Gaga, is your 15 minutes almost up? Please?

Picture Gaga in the 1970's, before pro-tools. Think she ever would have gotten a record deal? Of course not. She has a crappy voice.

October 12, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • C'est Vrai

Very true Mike, but if it weren't for these tools, Mtv and Disney might have to search for real talent. I mean you're speaking about 95% of the pop artists out there today.

October 12, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Edward

Actually she can sing. She's was also a song writer before she became famous and she can play the piano. You stating that she can't sing is just proof that you have no idea what you're talking about. The only kind of person that would rush to judge are the kind that hate things like Facebook just because people like it. If you think that she can't sing you should look up some of her early performances before she because famous on you tube. She has talent.

October 12, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ha

More like 5 minutes.

October 12, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Conton

woah, this article is about a celebrity people. if you want to post about how awesome she is or how much she sucks, that's cool but is there any need to personally insult people who don't like the same celebrities you do? I personally think she's a hack, a rich hack, but still a hack. Her persona is an effort to distract you from how vapid and uncreative her music actually is.

reading this first page of comments alone, i see people being called 'idiots' and 'trailer trash' just because they don't like the same music star you do. people like to post about celebrities they like and they like to post about celebrities they don't like. if you feel the need to attack people personally because they have a different opinion about some star that you'll probably never meet face to face, then I urge you to get a life.

October 12, 2010 at 12:56 pm | Report abuse |
    • kjcube

bashing people who are different from you is required by the laws of physics isn't it...? :)

October 12, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Fan

Lady Gaga is Expressive and talented "a true artist" she is not afraid to push things to an extreme. Thank God for artists like Gaga...not everyone is going to agree...if u dont like her, then why are you paying attention? More power to you Gaga!

October 12, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Non-Fan

For the very same reason most people notice dog poo on the sidewalk.

October 12, 2010 at 1:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • kjcube

axis of awsome's four chord song... watch it on youtube... it might change your opinion of pop music... or not :)

October 12, 2010 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Gaga is not ugly.

She is not ugly, you people need to get a grip. If you dislike so much, why comment? She's the last person who would care about what you think anyway lol.

October 12, 2010 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ummm

I would like to point out as said above, that Lady Gaga probably won't be reading these comments. She's not here . . . Seriously. Rumour has it that she's not even real. She's plastic. A creation of a mutated ill fated one night stand between a barbie doll, a bratz doll, and some caustic lye.

October 12, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ha

You must need glasses. I heard Lens Crafters is having a sale.

October 12, 2010 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  32. tracey

What a bunch of hypocrites! she is an artist. i am in my 50's and am a big fan. i love people who let it all hang out and are not afraid to do so! bravo lady gaga!

October 12, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • ape hangars

You let it all hang out in the 60's. How's that working for ya now?

October 12, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • spins

@ape hangers – HAHA.

October 12, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • ilikesher

I am also in my 50's and really have enjoyed all the songs that Lady Gaga has had media play with. She certainly got my attention with her theatrics and costumes , starting with 'Lets Dance and then Poker Face' . She can sing and very well, she plays the piano, writes her own music and has for others also. Why are people so negative. She is 24 and has sold out concerts all over the world. How many performers would ever get the chance to have a duet with Sir Elton? So suck it up you people who are being so critical. If you don't like her or her music, change the channel...but stop putting her down because she is not conforming to 'Your' standards...

October 12, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • To Ape Hangar

I bet she needs a sling shot to hold it all in. So i would say it is not working out to well. LOL

October 12, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • kjcube

look up axis of awsome's four chord songs and you'll see what's wrong with your statement... and probably laugh while your at it.

October 12, 2010 at 5:10 pm | Report abuse |
  33. ApeHanger

LG is yet another example of the sort of tasteless, no-talent rubbish that passes for entertainment these days.

October 12, 2010 at 12:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ana

absolutely.

October 12, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • JT

Actually, she has reasonable vocal talent – more than Madonna ever had. I'm actually more offended by Justin Bieber and Ke$ha.

October 12, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ha

She should just take a nice warm bath with a plugged in toaster and call it a day LOL.

October 12, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  34. ken

Is it possible that she was more boring and useless than she is now? I guess so.

October 12, 2010 at 12:02 pm | Report abuse |
  35. Kill The Wabbit

Gaga.............remove the last "A".

October 12, 2010 at 11:59 am | Report abuse |
    • David Wood

People like you said the same things about Madonna and she is one of the biggest POP mega stars and an ICON and by the way, has laughed her self all the way to the bank. Hmmmmm . . . maybe your children should look to her as a role model unless they want to spend their life in a trailer park with trash like you.

October 12, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Whoah!

David, that was a really long anger filled response to a guy making a joke about dropping the A off from Gaga.

Do you drive angry a lot?

Pumping the vibes from Madonna's Immaculate collection you speed angrily down the highway headed towards your job as a part time Dj'er at the golden banana. You blow a kiss to your photo of Michael Jackson holding his chimp Bubbles and shed a tear as you think about his passing. It took 3 long months of heavy sedatives and therapy from a ex-love generation hippy named "Moon Flower" to get over that bump. You didn't want to work today, you just wanted to twirl your hair in your bean bag as you ate doritos and acted out scenes from Grease naked while dancing on your coffee table. But you need the money damnit! Madonna as touring in town next week and you can't stand not seeing her fling her saggy bag lady arms about and sing to you, yes you! And that Timberlake guy. He's an evil imposter! He can't have her, she's yours, your Material Girl!

I guess you can get a lot from a few lines. Thanks for reading. I used the same tangent you did when attacking the Kill the Wabbit guy.

October 12, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • confused

What? People like him wanted to call Maddona "Maddon"? How odd.

October 12, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  36. what a mess

She is so trashy my kids will not listen to her. She admitted that she does cocaine she is a great example. She is so ugly that she has to hide her face. You can't read her poker face because no one wants to look at it. She thinks that Cleveland, Ohio likes her uh no we don't we like to laugh at you. I am glad your ex boyfriend sued you.

October 12, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
    • xjdavid

Well, if your kids don't listen to her, then she MUST be bad. Why does she HAVE to be an example for your kids? Why aren't YOU an example for your kids? Rock stars aren't NOT SUPPOSED to be examples for kids.
      And don't kid yourself, she'd sell-out shows in Cleveland if she hasn't already.

October 12, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Agreed

I agree XJD. Don't rely on the media to raise your children. There's a new product out on the market that has just been invented. It's called "Parenting!" , you should pick some up.

October 12, 2010 at 1:11 pm | Report abuse |
  37. vegasmama

Miss gaga my husband is got to be your #1fan! he loves your music and your wild fashion sence,we wanted so badly to see u when u were here in vegas in august cause it was our twenty third anversary and we couldnt afford the tickets sence we both lost our jobs, so if u come back we would love to have u over for dinner(we will supplie the meat lol) or send him bday wishes his bday is xmas eve i think that would be the best xmas gift i can afford this year, stay true to yourself and god bless u and your career, u truly r aspecial individual! lance and stephanie

October 12, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Yuck

Your husband probably just wants to bang her yuck.

October 12, 2010 at 11:52 am | Report abuse |
    • Ok

Lady Gaga didn't write this article. Do you think there is a snowballs chance in ^%*# that she will read your comment? Who are you speaking to? Is this crazy speak for "I dun love you cuz I iz lonelies?" Stop spending my tax money, take the sweat pants off, turn off Dr. Phil, get a job, and stop letting the media control your life. That's everyones air you're breathing. Try to make good use of it. Also, google search for "spell and grammar check".

October 12, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ana

lol you guys are so mean...I thought it was cute...weird but cute. Oh and yeah Gaga did not write this article ;)

October 12, 2010 at 12:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Trey

If your husband is Lord GaGa's #1 fan, then the first thing you should do is find a new husband.

October 12, 2010 at 12:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • spins

name your self "nut job mama".

October 12, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • Back at the farm the Duke boys were gittin . . .

Yeah, as I was reading the post I could almost here the distinct tuning of banjoes in the background.

October 12, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • KC

Wow.

Your husband is at least 40, and is a Gaga fan? Yuck. I wouldn't have married someone that backwards. Then again, when I look at the awful grammar you exhibited in your email, you guys are probably smoking crack in a trailer park in Vegas somewhere...so I shouldn't be surprised.

October 12, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kristy Lynn

She will be back performing in Vegas in March of 2011. I saw her in August and she was beyond fantasic live. Going back in March and I can't wait!!!!

October 12, 2010 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lady Gaga

I sure will send him a bday card i love u to.

October 12, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • joe

I think you need to reevaluate your marriage. Your husband sounds gay. Real gay.

October 12, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • brendan

Only sad little losers pick on other people on the internet because you can't do it to their face. Very sad.

October 12, 2010 at 4:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • O_o

Are you sure your husband isnt gay? every straight man Ive met doesnt like her except to bang her.

October 14, 2010 at 9:13 am | Report abuse |
  38. netta

Ok so good for her a little exposure prior to being a megastar...i love gaga

October 12, 2010 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Brian Dale (Peel Inc. Evanston)

I'd love to know what else Gaga was before she was famous.

October 12, 2010 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |