Justin Bieber inspires line of nail polish
October 11th, 2010

Justin Bieber inspires line of nail polish

Nail products manufacturer Nicole by OPI has tapped 16-year-old superstar Justin Bieber to help create a nail polish collection inspired by his music.

Explained the company's Vice President & Artistic Director Suzi Weiss-Fischmann, “The colors in the collection are modeled after the upbeat and emotive nature of Justin’s songs, as well as his own unrivaled energy.”

The collection of nail lacquer, called “One Less Lonely Girl,” features six sparkly and metallic hues with names like, “OMB!,”; “Me + Blue”; “Give Me the First Dance”; and “Step 2 the Beat of My Heart.” The collection will be available exclusively at Walmart beginning in December 2010.

Curious how all this Bieber paraphernalia is cropping up just in time for the holidays, isn’t it? In case you didn’t know, Justin Bieber dolls will also be available just in time for holiday shopping.

Eight more Bieber-inspired shades will be added to the collection starting in January, launching first at Walmart and then becoming available at select Target, Sears, Ulta and other retailers in February.

Filed under: Celebrities • Music • The Bieb

1. Laine Wenman

The following time I read a weblog, I hope that it doesnt disappoint me as a lot as this one. I imply, I know it was my option to read, however I truly thought youd have something attention-grabbing to say. All I hear is a bunch of whining about something that you may repair should you werent too busy on the lookout for attention. Laine Wenman http://gorleyadventure.blogspot.com/

February 24, 2013 at 9:46 am | Report abuse |
  2. may han mieng tui

Awesome issues here. I am very glad to look your article. Thanks a lot and I'm looking ahead to touch you. Will you kindly drop me a mail?

September 9, 2012 at 12:00 pm | Report abuse |
  3. 9cabeGGep9-

hdmi to vga adapter

July 11, 2011 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Electric Burner

nail polish that are acrylic based seems to last longer on my finger nails compared to water based ones .-*

November 17, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |
  5. jasmine

his not gay!!

October 27, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Reika Yoshiko :3

It's good ! just put the news on our website!

October 26, 2010 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  7. Juanita

I was attempting to find facts when it comes to yesterday's news bulletin about the Justin Bieber nail polish and I arrived on this web site. I can not wait to get the Biebz finger nail polish. I reckon that my very first possibility to actually buy it will be when it sells at Wal-Mart. I reckon that this will make a great Christmas time gift for me personally...

October 17, 2010 at 6:44 am | Report abuse |
  8. justin is trash

justin bieber is such arrogant trash and is it really any suprise if he would have nail polish

October 15, 2010 at 5:12 am | Report abuse |
  9. GaPeach

and to all you who "adore" Justin...wait until you get out of your teens!

October 12, 2010 at 5:29 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Ga Peach

A nail polish! Why don't you just hang a sign around his neck that says "gay". Than again, what would he endorse: shaving cream! Don't think so...too many female pop stars that could carry that off!

October 12, 2010 at 5:28 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Jerry

When will the Justin Bieber madness go away and never bother us anymore.

October 12, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Ernst Junger

Crrreeeeeepy little pillow biter.

October 12, 2010 at 4:56 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Nicole

The day this Justin Bieber phenomenon ends will be the best day of my life. He's a smart kid for banking off his celebrity any way possible, but that doesn't change the fact that he gives me the heebie jeebies.

October 12, 2010 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Joshua B.

I think this is very creative of Justin and the colors for his nail polish are just amazing. Just like his music. I really adore Justin.

October 12, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Jonas Brothers

We're going to put our name and lyrics on lip stick

October 12, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  16. trevor jordan

gay

October 12, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  17. boocat

Chelsea Handler did a story on this last night. It was hysterical. Check it out.

October 12, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Kurt

Boy I bet he is happy his handlers are having him be a poster girl for nail polish..

lol

October 12, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Demara

Talk about smart marketing. Selling nailpolish to all the crazed teenage girls who have crushes on him! I'm smart enough to see past this garbage.

October 12, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Parent of Teenage Slacker

Wish my teenager was a marketing/money-making machine...

October 12, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Really?

I don't understand why people treat him like crap, when he's done nothing wrong (yet). Seriously? They worded this so that people would get a laugh, obviously. The nail polish is named after his songs (and lyrics), not him. Most of his songs are about girls, most of his fans are girls. So, obviously, his fans would buy this. That's a smart move, idiots.

October 12, 2010 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Capt. Obvious

Done nothing wrong? Have you seen his hair or heard his music?

October 12, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  22. ?

this he/she is so annoying. can the media stop throwing it down our throats.

October 12, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Justin Bieber

Yes everyone, it is true. I am gay. I have decided to release these totally fabulous nail polishes go buy them NOW!

October 12, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  24. Kill The Wabbit

Next up......Bieber gum.......you can chew it all day.

October 12, 2010 at 11:43 am | Report abuse |
  25. citizenUSA

One day he'll will look back on this and say 'what the hell was I thinking"? Shameless exploitation that will likely be successful to some degree. I guess since little girls are the target group it makes some sense. I'm sure Bieber inspired basketball shoes would not fly as there are not many little boy fans.

October 12, 2010 at 11:22 am | Report abuse |
  26. Terrell

Lol how is this CNN worthy news? But I have to say its a good business move on Beiber's part, his fans will eat that right up

October 12, 2010 at 10:57 am | Report abuse |
  27. mr.ouija

I am so GLADD I have a boy. Get it? GLADD? Because this is so gay. :P

October 12, 2010 at 10:17 am | Report abuse |
  28. Katherine

Erm... Yeah that is weird... But im so buying it cuz it sounds so pretty!! XD

October 12, 2010 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  29. Ophelia

Ugh! Why do u care that much? This is why teens get suicidal! And you guys are grown ups! Allegedly. He probably had nothing to do with this. He was probably convinced by his manager & most child stars are coaxed into things they don't want to do. Just remember you have kids too & would you want anyone talking about them like this?

October 12, 2010 at 8:46 am | Report abuse |
  30. BFB dave!

Wal Mart. What a surprise.

October 12, 2010 at 6:43 am | Report abuse |
  31. person

oh cmon people, stop being so mean to him. honestly what did he do that made him so wrong. he's making a career for himself. i say go for it biebs!

October 12, 2010 at 5:49 am | Report abuse |
  32. vegasmama

Come on what was your mother thinking allowing u to do this? And u what the heck were u thinking? crazy,crazy,crazy, theres a name for a new nail polish!

October 12, 2010 at 1:38 am | Report abuse |
  33. Kim

I'm not a fan of his music. But for the record he's famous because he self-promoted on YouTube and got himself "found"
    you all hate on him. But are any of your famous. He seems like a nice kid with a goo head on his shoulders. He's a good role model for boys and teenage girls now him. He's no different than Justin timberlake or usher 10 years ago. He's a performer. And of any of you have every performed you know that's it's INCREDIBLY hard to dance and sing at the same time. The only one I've seen that can actually do it is Justin timberlake. And I'm not a fan of his music either.

Long story short: the boy is just maximizing on his fame while he can. Who knows, he might drop out ofthe lime light any day. Good for him for not caring and breaking a social barrier. It's nail polish! WHO CARES!

October 12, 2010 at 12:58 am | Report abuse |
  34. APz

I bet her little tween fans, who know less than nothing about good music or what actually music really is, are going to bankrupt their daddys into buying gallons of this white trash-oriented product. Hopefully Walmart would make some money out of the deal to compensate it's slaves(employees) a little better.

This only happens in the United States, Corp.

October 11, 2010 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  35. LM

I dont personally like his music but i kno the young teens do... An if he makin money who cares how he does it theirs not a man out there tht wouldnt let them put their name on some nail polish to make as much money has he did doin it

October 11, 2010 at 10:27 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Frank

"The collection will be available exclusively at Walmart beginning in December 2010."
    Hahahaha! White trash 'fabulous'! I'm sure all the Midwestern queens will positively go gag(a) over this!

October 11, 2010 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • nailtechy

I am lol that you knew when it is coming out and what store it will be featured in hmmmm.

October 12, 2010 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frank

It's in the article. I can't be bothered to actually search for him.

October 12, 2010 at 9:12 pm | Report abuse |
  37. LOL LOL LOL

BWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAH Really?? I can't stop laughing... my co-workers think I'm nuts. Sometimes you just have to turn down an endorsement deal LOL

October 11, 2010 at 9:02 pm | Report abuse |
  38. yaya

Dude!

October 11, 2010 at 9:01 pm | Report abuse |
  39. GeoB

Bet the gender of his/her audience is going to change! LOL

October 11, 2010 at 8:33 pm | Report abuse |
  40. missy

I just think thats cool i wish i could be famous

October 11, 2010 at 8:25 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Frank

Bieber will be coming out as a huge queen after his teen pop 'career' is over and dead, a la Lance Bass. I just wonder who he had to deep throat to get to where he is. Usher had to be one of them.

October 11, 2010 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  42. canadian

i cannot believe this girl is a big as she is, she lipsyncs during her performances and her hair never moves, but at least she'll be rich, you go girl, rock on with your bad self and sell nail polish, i wonder what's next? lady ga ga selling men's shaving products? i can't understand the nail polish thing? is he gay? or just stupid enough to kill his career before it starts? for ever 1 that likes this kid, there are 10 that don't

October 11, 2010 at 8:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frank

"i wonder what's next? lady ga ga selling men's shaving products? "
      I love Lady Gaga but that was hilarious. Lol.

October 11, 2010 at 8:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steph

Actually, Lady Gaga is coming out with her own perfume called "Monster."

October 11, 2010 at 10:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frank

Steph, you missed the point. Perfume is marketed towards women.

October 11, 2010 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  43. Joshua

He's gonna be a billionaire in a few years.Billionaire Bieber!

October 11, 2010 at 7:46 pm | Report abuse |
  44. sheppard

What's to say? Just too easy............

October 11, 2010 at 7:44 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Perfect Mistake.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH.

October 11, 2010 at 7:21 pm | Report abuse |
  46. 1963tnt

Sell out to corporate america.Smart kid.

October 11, 2010 at 7:13 pm | Report abuse |
  47. nicole

i will be buying this :)

October 11, 2010 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |

Ohh cmon JB!! Don't
    Do that!! But ill
    Still buy your
    Polish(:

October 11, 2010 at 6:32 pm | Report abuse |
  51. kayla

i think its nice u are doing that but people are waiting for some new songs JB i Love u Keep it up.

October 11, 2010 at 6:30 pm | Report abuse |
  52. GuestColin

Come on now CNN, it's like you're not even trying anymore. Nail polish? This is just too easy...

October 11, 2010 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  53. cheefsfury

WHO BETTER TO MAKE A NAIL POLISH THAN SOME LITTLE GIRL?

October 11, 2010 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |