Fran Drescher launching daytime talk show
October 11th, 2010

Fran Drescher launching daytime talk show

If you live in New York, Philadelphia, Minneapolis, Orlando, Phoenix or L.A., get ready to see Fran Drescher do a lot of talking.

The former “Nanny” star, known for that distinctive voice, is gearing up to launch a daytime talk program on Fox stations in the aforementioned cities for a three week trial period starting November 26, Mediaweek reports.

The hour-long entertainment/talk show will be broadcast live from Los Angeles and will be co-produced by Fox and syndicator Debmar-Mercury, according to Broadcasting & Cable.

Fox TV stations’ vice president of programming, Frank Cicha, told B&C that Drescher "is the perfect person to bring a new 'voice,' if you will, to daytime...The female audience knows her, likes her, and we expect the show to bring energy and freshness to these time periods."

New York Magazine points out that while three weeks doesn't seem like a long time to test a show, it's not uncommon, noting that "The Wendy Williams Show" - which is produced by the same company - also started out with a trial period on Fox stations. If the program resonates with viewers, NY Mag adds, Debmar-Mercury Co. will attempt to take the show national.

Drescher told CNN in September that she was working on a pilot for the program, and that the reason she wants to do a daytime talk show is because she thinks “it's such a wonderful platform to educate women on the things that I think are important to them; everything from pedicures to politics.”

The actress, who is also a rape and cancer survivor and penned "Cancer Schmancer" in 2002,  added in a statement according to B&C that "America will have a chance to see the real Fran Drescher, beyond 'The Nanny.' I'm the girl next door, a self-made woman who has been to hell and back a few times."

Filed under: Celebrities • television

1. Alligator Leather Wallets

Leather of the World provides you Alligator Leather Wallet, Alligator Leather Belt, Shoes,
    Genuine Alligator Leather, Belts, Alligator Leather Wallets, and Alligator Leather Strap at reasonable
    price.

December 15, 2010 at 4:20 am | Report abuse |
  2. Tina

Love this woman-ext-amazing!!! Very smart, Charming and might i add beautiful inside and out... I cannot wait to watch her on t.v. again... :) Yay Fran! I have been searching for the seasons 4 thru 6 dvd's of the nanny and other than ebay i haven't been successful? I own 1-3 obviously and me and my daughter age-11 go to bed rotating them each night, as many times as we watch them we still laugh and love her... :) I wish i could have the chance to meet her. Not only would i enjoy that , but my daughter would aswell! Fran you are strong and great! Cannot wait to watch...November 26th... :)

November 3, 2010 at 3:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • kathyl

tina, i have seasons 4-6 on dvd-r's. if you are interested in them, contact me.

January 15, 2011 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
  3. Name*David-Michael

I absolutely LOVE Fran!!! She is a brilliant actress, hilarious, and extremely beautiful!! I hope her new talk show is a hit....I'll be watching.

November 3, 2010 at 2:42 am | Report abuse |
  4. jo adams

I love Fran and cant wait for this.

October 17, 2010 at 12:10 am | Report abuse |
  5. Nicole

Although I cannot stand her voice, she has undergone a lot of hardships and hopefully will have a refreshing new view on her talkshow. I feel like it could possibly be surprisingly successful, or presumably awful.

October 12, 2010 at 4:02 pm | Report abuse |
  6. vegasmama

GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR NEW SHOW GOT TUFF COMPITION WITH ELLEN BUT IAM SURE U CAN PULL IT OFF

October 12, 2010 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  7. Joe

Who thought it would be a good idea to give a woman with the most annoying voice in the history of planet earth a "talk show?"

Who's next, Rosie Perez?

October 12, 2010 at 11:38 am | Report abuse |
  8. beenz

Fran's great.. instead of a 'Nanny' remake – I'd settle for a reunion. Maybe she can make that happen.

October 12, 2010 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Sara

A reunion would be good too, though.
      The cast should get together and do SOMETHING. Everyone loves The Nanny.

October 14, 2010 at 1:45 am | Report abuse |
  9. Emy

I love Fran. I love The Nanny. Can't wait to see her back on t.v, again.. Good luck Miss Fine!

October 12, 2010 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  10. StarChylde

who gave her a talk show?

October 12, 2010 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  11. gale

Loved "The Nanny". Fran is one of the prettiest women I have ever seen. Didn't know her ex was gay. All I knew were they were high school sweet hearts. Hum?

October 12, 2010 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
  12. Angelsings

Ms. Drescher is not only beautiful but extremely intelligent, talented & quick-witted which, in part, has attributed to her success in a highly competiitive industry. Whatever she touches is certain to turn to gold. Best wishes on your talk show. p.s. How come she never seems to age? Good genes, I suppose !

October 11, 2010 at 11:10 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Lisa

I love "Nanny" and love Fran. I'd love to hear her voice on TV. Just love her !!!

October 11, 2010 at 10:30 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Lovey

Fran is a very talented actress, and comedianne.. Her self deprecating humor is very endearing... I am still watching re-runs of The Nanny on Nick at Nite! I want to see her new show! She is one of my very favorites, and I wish her every success. Fran – I and the many many Nanny fans would LOVE to see a remake of The Nanny – maybe a made for TV remake of what the Sheffields are doing now – with the whole crew again – I miss that show. The cast was fabulous, the writing fantastic – I would love to see Fran & Maxwell together again – the chemistry between them was legendary!

October 11, 2010 at 10:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joy Kennel

Nanny Fine is on right now...we love those old reruns too. Go Fran!

October 11, 2010 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

I like the Nanny, but no remake. Come on now. Hollywood is doing too many remakes of shows, shows into movies, and movies themselves. Remakes don't always work out well anyway.

October 11, 2010 at 11:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sara

I completely agree. Fran Drescher is an amazing and talented woman and they should TOTALLY do a remake of The Nanny. I miss that show. I have the DVD's tho, lol. I watch them like, every day :)
      GO FRAN.

October 14, 2010 at 1:44 am | Report abuse |
  15. stu

wonder if she'll talk bout her gay ex hubby?

October 11, 2010 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Frank

Yeah, I wonder what was up with that. Apparently it didn't end too well.

October 11, 2010 at 8:58 pm | Report abuse |
  16. nitin

keep ur parents off the show, they were annoying on Rosie

October 11, 2010 at 8:54 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Frank

She's a strong woman, too. We need more people like that in entertainment. Good luck, Fran!

October 11, 2010 at 8:52 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Frank

Sounds nice. I loved the Nanny and The Beautician and the Beast. They were fun and quirky.

October 11, 2010 at 8:51 pm | Report abuse |
  19. stu

yay fox! now take those reruns of Tyra off!

October 11, 2010 at 8:44 pm | Report abuse |