Singer Chrisette Michele works to end domestic violence
October 9th, 2010

Singer Chrisette Michele works to end domestic violence

The Grammy Award winning singer is allowing her new single “I’m a Star” to be used as the national anthem for the “Saving Our Daughters” series to help bring attention to National Domestic Violence Awareness Month.

“Saving Our Daughters” is a national book club series aimed at teen girls which has drawn the support of several high profile names in the entertainment industry, including rapper T.I., movie producers Will Packer and Rob Hardy and acclaimed actresses Mo’Nique and Alfre Woodard.

Michele will serve as a spokesperson for  “Saving Our Daughters.”

“The single will be used to inspire many teen girl organizations that deal with issues that affect self esteem," the singer said in a statement. “I support ‘Saving Our Daughters’ and the efforts of what they stand for, because as artists, it’s our duty to nurture, educate and provide hope for kids everywhere that might be going through some type of adversity in their lives.”

1. DEE

THANK YOU CHRISETTE MICHELE . I 'VE BEEN AT SEVERAL OF YOUR CONCERT, FROM PHILLY TO QUEENS AS A SURVIVOR OF DV . I THANK YOU . ALWAYS LOVED YOUR MUSIC....NOW I LOVE IT MORE :))

December 29, 2011 at 8:08 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Bethel Bates

The abuse I 've witnessed in and around me has roared like a lion and there is definetly more that we can do to prevent it. I don't know if anyone out there has read a book called "Hot Buttered Biscuits and Jam" The Memoirs of Seven. But it speaks volumes into domestic about as the main character takes not of her 17 year plus toxic relationship with her husband in comparison to the relationships of other women in her family lineage and how much they resemble all while she struggles to break the that very cycle of destruction. I don't know what book stores the book is sold in but I do know that is available online @ Amazon.com, BarnesandNoble.com, and iUniverse.com.

March 25, 2011 at 12:20 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Maverick2591b

Sad. She (and so many others) only speaks out against violence against women. What about the hundreds of thousands of men who are victims of domestic violence from abusive women, wanting help but not having a voice for them. Before you advocate about "ending the violence", consider that it's two sided. Violence should not be a genderist issue but a human issue.

October 11, 2010 at 8:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Maverick2591b

Don't get me wrong: her message IS important and I personally applaud the effort of anyone who speaks out, but in order for the message to carry substance it must be considered on a broader scale. I am inundated by women almost daily who dispute my efforts ("Where do you get your stats from, Playboy?"), claiming I am trying to take the focus off of "where it belongs". And when asked if they feel men deserve the abuse they get, most reply "yes" and "they probably deserve it". (yes, MOST).

And the stats come from the CDC and other reputable sites.

October 11, 2010 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  4. Chanel

Love her! this is big. she is sooo slept on.. but she has the best vocals out and fyi: these pics r showing freedom so know info before u put out some mess. ;)

October 10, 2010 at 11:58 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Frank

This is wonderful but TI, seriously? A 'thug' rapper against domestic violence? Did I miss something?

October 10, 2010 at 6:28 pm | Report abuse |
  6. TJ

One of the most under-rated artist in the music industry. She and Laura Izibor are so talented!!!

October 10, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Tyrone

Damm girl! Put on some clothes! Even your head looks nekkid! Is teh s-exual picture supposed to stop violence? Damm!

October 9, 2010 at 9:16 pm | Report abuse |
  8. darlene d

I certainly hope she sells alot of records with this one. I will buy it because we must do something to stop domestic violence on all children and women!!

October 9, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Christic

This girl can sing!!! I'm sure my man would stop whipping my a$$ to listen to her :)

October 9, 2010 at 4:52 pm | Report abuse |