Ryan Seacrest aims to launch cable network
October 8th, 2010

Ryan Seacrest aims to launch cable network

It looks like Ryan Seacrest is making moves to start his own cable channel.

The "American Idol" host, radio personality, and E! reality show producer is reportedly in talks with the CAA talent agency and AEG entertainment company to launch a cable network that would focus on music, lifestyle, and pop culture, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Seacrest, 35, would act more as a partner in the venture rather than an on-air presence. Programming, writes THR, would likely consist of shows featuring Seacrest's industry pals as well as entertainment from AEG's performance venues, including The Staples Center in L.A. and the O2 in London.

It's also likely that rather than launch a new station entirely, Seacrest and his partners would rebrand an existing struggling channel. Sources tell the Hollywood Reporter that the new channel would not be programmed as a competitor to E!, where the "E! News" and "Keeping Up With the Kardashians" producer will continue his duties.

1. LoJenk

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVdV4X2M2AI&w=640&h=390]

October 11, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  2. JH

I just don't see the attraction.

October 11, 2010 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  3. Maru Alva

I hope he channels something more educating and interesting, not just like the shows he produces now like Keeping up with the Kardashians, that are just a waste of time. Please is there anything better to show the public that this type of shallow shows???

October 11, 2010 at 11:08 am | Report abuse |
  4. Brickell Princess

Someone should tell him that the cable business model is dying.

October 11, 2010 at 10:38 am | Report abuse |
  5. ava

Ryan is great,go ryan.

October 10, 2010 at 7:33 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Gregg

Why do we need another gay channel we already have Bravo, Logo, and Here.

October 10, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Phillyboi

Ryan Seacrest is talented? Can he sing? Dance? Play and instrument? Or is he just smart, polished, and can read a telepromter? Either way, he's loaded and I'm jealous. Ryan, gimme a job!!!

October 10, 2010 at 11:46 am | Report abuse |
    • Samantha

@ Phillyboi.....hilarious! Just trying to help a nerd like portalpunk b/c God knows he probably needs it. Ryan is kind of annoying at times, but at least he's making a name for himself. He has more money than you or I will ever see.....how depressing!!!

October 10, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  8. steve

What is the problem with you morons here? What does him being or not being gay have anything to do with him doing a new cable channel? I bet most of you that are"gay bashing " him ARE gay! The guy is trying to do something good and all you can do is bashj him for it? Maybe like someone else wrote here your jealous?? Idiots!! Go for it ryan! Not that I'll watch your new channel but that not matter. Do what you wanna do buddy

October 10, 2010 at 8:59 am | Report abuse |
  9. John Mammal

Ryan is friggin talented. He's popular because of it.

October 10, 2010 at 7:15 am | Report abuse |
  10. Monique

good luck to Ryan – the new hardest working man in showbiz. This will be a blessing to some writers, producers, director and actors, so your miserable sods should stop hating. give the brain behind this funny vid a show Ryan http://bit.ly/cIUpvt

October 9, 2010 at 10:42 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Kev

Can u all just shut up for 10 seconds..........see,d world was better 4 it.God help us!

October 9, 2010 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Taylor

What a bunch of pathetic insecure children on this thread. Go live life and stop spending hours on pseudo witty poser jibes.

October 9, 2010 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  13. cant read

Haters. He aint gay cause he has a girlfriend named julianne hough. He spends money on charities. He s good on idol. He is discreet bout persona llife. And even if he was gay. So what. You haters dont do nothin but critic. Stop. And anderson cooper has a better job than any of u haters. U all criticizes this worls too much. Live yo life...go for what u do ryan. Shoot. Haters

October 9, 2010 at 5:12 pm | Report abuse |
  14. kevin bacon

ryan is my hero.

October 9, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Tony

I was looking for programming so light I would get dumber as I watch it. Thank you Ryan

October 9, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  16. gogo

Anderson cooper is sooo gay....his show is gay and his wining is constantly gay. "That is sooo gay"

October 9, 2010 at 2:22 pm | Report abuse |
  17. kevin

It's Staples Center, not THE Staples Center.

October 9, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Elechi samuel

In nigeria,one popular net working company(MTN) gave two days freé usage of internet. But so supprise that calls inside the shows of over seas it is cheep,why is it that in my owne country wish is nigeria is not like that of the over seas?Pls pray 4 my country so that we can change and make a better nigeria.Greating to nnamdi azikiwe,amadu below,lord lugard,umaru musa yaradua my their gentle soul rest in peace Amen.This above names have good thinking 4 my country.May God change the hart of our politicans so that Goodlûck jonathan is alawed to continõure his gòod planes 4 nigeria.

October 9, 2010 at 1:21 pm | Report abuse |
  19. patricia

Perhaps by focusing on pop culture people will learn a little something about each other. Like gay slurs are STUPID!!

October 9, 2010 at 12:54 pm | Report abuse |
  20. lynn

at least seacrest is willing to spend some money that will generate a few jobs and promote busines. Trying to save and hord money causes hunger and poverty

October 9, 2010 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Kristen

Do any of you live in the LA area? I do. So I get to listen to him on the radio. It's funny to see someone call him a tool. Do you know that in addition to everything he does in the entertainment business he is also building a wing at a childrenhs hospital in Atlanta so kids dying of cancer can have fun and be entertained while they are facing what could be the end of their lives. Or that every year he puts together a fundraiser for our major Childrenhs hospital here and goes and visits sick children himself as well as getting celebrities to go and cheer them up? Yeah, real tool. He works hard and is where he is for a reason. He is a real person too and because of the radio program I know that.

October 9, 2010 at 11:16 am | Report abuse |
  22. NIGHTTRAIN

All of these comments by jealous people is really sad.

October 9, 2010 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
  23. Some Guy

14 comments and not a single useful one yet. I find it amazing that this guy (Seacrest) works his ass off, makes a ton of money and is involved in probably half of rhe shows on TV now, and all anybody can say is deregatory and hurtful. Grow up, and do something productive.

October 9, 2010 at 8:10 am | Report abuse |
  24. Frank

God, his teeth are so white. I know what he's been brushing with. Lol.

October 9, 2010 at 3:35 am | Report abuse |
  25. zantron

You know by attempting to belittle portalpunk here youve just made yourself look like a big tool. props on first pp, you have earned it.

October 9, 2010 at 12:46 am | Report abuse |
  26. Bruce Springsteen

This fudge packet gets a channel? We already have a gay channel. It's called Bravo.

October 8, 2010 at 9:05 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Joel

It's all a misunderstanding, Ryan said he wanted a "lay some cable" network.

October 8, 2010 at 8:38 pm | Report abuse |
  28. whatthefu@k

What a joke. How does this idiot get so famous? Oh yeah. Because America is full of mindless pop-drones. Ryan Seacrest is a fuggin' tool. Wake up America.

October 8, 2010 at 8:05 pm | Report abuse |
  29. sandy

Is there anyone out there that doesnt make moron comments like these?

October 8, 2010 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  30. cheryl

Who care's, he's a joke

October 8, 2010 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  31. portalpunk

I'm portalpunk. I think I'm cool. I'm not, but I thnk I am. I try to say witty, clever things that I think are funny but really, they're only funny to me because I'm a sad little troll. I have no life except the one in my mommies basement. I work part-time at BurgerKing but spend most of my time spewing this stuff on the blog because I'm a loser and can't get a real woman. No one likes me because I have a little tiny brain to go along with my llittle tiny weewee.

October 8, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Samantha

I'll be your girlfriend portalpunk. Just don't spew anymore anti-gay epithets b/c I love all gays! Other than that, you can have all my love.....and I am Asian and HOTTT!!!! :)

October 8, 2010 at 9:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Phillyboi

Portalpunk can't handle it, but, I can. He's too busy playing with his portal. Cmon over Samantha.

October 10, 2010 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
  32. portalpunk

wonder what time it is?????? oh! it's FIRSTY o'clock

October 8, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |