'Yo homes, to Bel Air'
October 7th, 2010

'Yo homes, to Bel Air'

We’ll admit it. We were “bel-aired.”

After CNN recently ran a story about rare images of the Hell’s Angels, a commenter using the name “Chaosevil” decided to have a little fun.

For those of you unfamiliar with the art of “bel-airing,” it’s been around for a few years. It entails a person beginning a story – often as a posting online – drawing the reader in and then throwing in some lyrics from the theme song to “The Fresh Prince of Bel Air.”

In our case, Chaosevil started what seemed to be a compelling tale about “running across a group of Hell's Angles [sic]. Making my way through a small town just east of SoCal” which continued on for a bit and included a fight inside a 7-11 with a biker.

Just when he had us hooked, Chaosevil then wrote: “As I walked past the parked motorcycles, that’s when a couple of guys up to no good started making trouble in my neighborhood I got in one little fight and my mom got scared and said you moving with your aunty and uncle in Bellaire [sic]. I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and it had a dice in the mirror if anything I can say that this cab was rare, but i thought naw forget it, yo home [sic] to Bellaire [sic]!”

Good one Chaosevil.

Search YouTube and you will find a few instances of folks calling into talk shows and pulling the same prank. Tell us, do you have a good “bel-air” (or other awesome prank) story?

1. this is news?

Bababooey

October 10, 2010 at 3:55 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Lombardo

Worst story ever...

October 8, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Posh-Kenneth

Actually I do have a story, once my friends and I had just gotten out of a movie and were talking about going to get something to eat, that’s when a couple of guys up to no good started making trouble in my neighborhood I got in one little fight and my mom got scared and said you moving with your aunty and uncle in Bellaire [sic]. I whistled for a cab and when it came near the license plate said fresh and it had a dice in the mirror if anything I can say that this cab was rare, but i thought naw forget it, yo home [sic] to Bellaire [sic]!

October 8, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  4. portalpunk

I'm the real portalpunk. I think I'm clever and funny but really, I'm just a sad, self-abusing little troll that still lives in my mommies basement. I also have a tiny little weewee.

October 8, 2010 at 8:52 am | Report abuse |
  5. LenaLu

Bazinga

October 8, 2010 at 3:46 am | Report abuse |
  6. Gail Snail

This is a funny story. Can I nominate a friend who likes to quote Buckaroo Bonzi – keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you're getting.

October 7, 2010 at 6:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ella Jay

uh .... that is SO not a quote from Buckaroo Banzai.
      let me loan you this one: "no matter where you go, there you are."

October 7, 2010 at 10:23 pm | Report abuse |
  7. b badger

these old people should have seen that coming with a name like "Chaosevil". I guess parents just dont understand,

October 7, 2010 at 6:31 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Will

"Tell us, do you have a good “bel-air” (or other awesome prank) story?"
    No, sorry. But I CAN get Jiggy with it!

October 7, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |