Victoria Beckham on TomKat and Scientology
October 7th, 2010

Victoria Beckham on TomKat and Scientology

Victoria Beckham may count Scientologists Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes among her BFFs but the former Spice Girl insists that she and soccer star hubby David are not followers of the controversial religion.

"We aren't Scientologists," 36-year-old Beckham says in the November issue of Marie Claire. "We really don't know very much about it. I mean, Tom and Katie - they've mentioned it to us. But, no, they didn't try to hook us and reel us in. It never really crops up."

In fact, the mom-of-three's get-togethers with Holmes are no different from those of any other female friends. "I'm very close to Katie, but with us, it's all about girl talk," says Beckham. "Katie is so talented and such an incredible mother, spinning plates like all us working mums do."

The British-born Beckhams have been living in Hollywood since 2007, and the singer-turned-designer says having such famous friends is a definite perk.

"In England, David and I are big fish in a small pond. But in L.A., we are tiny, tiny, tiny fish in a big pond," she explains. "I mean, let's be honest about it. When you've got Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes living down the street as your neighbors, who gives a [expletive] about Victoria and David?"

The bottom line, she adds, is that she can "relax" in Los Angeles. "I think I'm the only person in that town who doesn't want to act. I was an OK singer. I was an OK dancer. But acting? Never could do it."

1. Sweets

You actually make it appear really easy along with your presentation however I to find this topic to be actually one thing that I think I'd never understand. It sort of feels too complex and extremely huge for me. I am looking forward to your next post, I'll try to get the hang of it!

July 4, 2012 at 8:30 am | Report abuse |
  2. Big Fish

Wow,American's I have heard are loud and arrogant ,now I've only been to the States a few times and I thought the people I met were wonderful ,but then when I was in the middle of the herd in the malls and from reading their comments here and there ,it is true ,your so mean and obnoxious ,a God fearing country ? I think not ,I'm so disappointed ,I stand corrected ,what everyone tells me about them is Sad but true ,anytime I've read or heard Victoria talk she is Kind !!

December 29, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • teresa

As a loud and arrogant American, I would like to ask you – WHAT'S UP WITH ALL THE COMMAS?? I may be a rude American but I know how to use proper punctuation.

January 6, 2011 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
  3. GD

Scientology is a load of manure. Another scam that makes people feel bad about themselves with promises of making them feel good about themselves for money...lots and lots of money.

October 26, 2010 at 5:49 pm | Report abuse |
  4. portalpunk

I'm the real portalpunk. I think I'm clever and funny but really, I'm just a sad, self-abusing little troll that still lives in my mommies basement. I also have a tiny little weewee.

October 8, 2010 at 8:47 am | Report abuse |
  5. Gail Snail

How can she compare herself with "all the us working mums"? She has cooks, housekeepers and nannies. Some of us might have help from friends and/or other family members. We are NOT on a level playing field.

October 7, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • JenJen

You hit the nail on the head with that one – wondered if someone would pick up on it. "Real Working Moms and spinning plates – she has no idea!!@@

December 23, 2010 at 9:43 pm | Report abuse |
  6. CutiePie in the Sky

Why can't people get over Tom's religion? If Scientology works for him, then great...

October 7, 2010 at 2:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gail Snail

Gotta wonder, when we pray to God, does Tom pray to L. Ron Hubbard?

October 7, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • Xenu

Scientology really doesn't "work", it's a bunch of crap and all those Scientology "success stories" are for marketing to people who think anectdotal evidence is science.

October 8, 2010 at 1:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Frank

Because it's a brainwashing cult. That's why.

October 9, 2010 at 12:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Clare

Scientology is a WACKO psycho 'religion' (well, most religions are – but Scientology beats them all) and any actor/actress that is one I find to be morons and bad actors at best. You'd have to be to fall for that load of crap. It's the funniest garbage claiming to be a religion that I've ever read.
      I don't blame Victoria for distancing herself from it. You'd have to be a nut job to accept it.

October 10, 2010 at 9:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • David Miscarriage

Because Tom Cruise uses his (diminishing) celebrity powers to support a cult that executed "Operation Snow White", "Operation Freakout", etc. Use Google to do proper research.

October 14, 2010 at 6:07 am | Report abuse |
  7. Dark Twig

Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are TomKat...what are David and Victoria Beckham? I know! DaVicHam

October 7, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  8. TorchSwiffy

Tom and Katie make such a cute couple!

October 7, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Head Diva In Charge

Notice that she wanted to make it clear that she and her beautiful husband are NOT crazy. I noticed.....

October 7, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  10. portalpunk

this is the real portalpunk, the many fans who follow will recognize my signature style and can tell the faky. the imitator posted under my name on all of today articles, this makes me a superstar in troll land! I'm so awesome pawsome at this gig that it makes me want to do a little jig, my style has boundries and my posts are off the chart, the homies and fakers are how I get paid, now I'm gonna go find the mama and get myself ****

October 7, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • TRUEPortalPunk

Spayed?

October 7, 2010 at 3:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • portalpunk

I'm the real portalpunk. I'm just a sad little troll that thinks he's funny and clever. I still live with my mommy in the basement and self-abuse all day long. I've never had a real girl because I have a tiny little weewee. Please continue to feed my ego but really, I'm so scared that I pee my panites everyday.

October 8, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Merin

NOT an OK singer OR dancer

October 7, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Posh-Kenneth

sounds exciting portalpunk. keep up the good works.

October 7, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  13. fool

Hey Vicky, you are right. Your husband is "almost perfect" except he can't keep his dick in his pants just like every other overpaid sports person who think they are above it all. I think soulmate is a little out there. It's not hard to be together at a party if you are sitting on him so he can't get away. He is just playing the part hoping the truth will not explode in his face. Typical behaviour of a guilty double dipping husband!!!!!

October 7, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  14. trolled

Faker, looks like someone got under your skin.

October 7, 2010 at 2:02 pm | Report abuse |