'Real Housewife' Lynda Erkiletian on the Salahis, D.C. finale
October 7th, 2010

'Real Housewife' Lynda Erkiletian on the Salahis, D.C. finale

As one of “The Real Housewives of D.C.," Lynda Erkiletian completely understands why so many people are fascinated by her fellow cast members, Tareq and Michaele Salahi.

The owner of a modeling agency told CNN the buzz surrounding the Salahis – who became well known last year after they made it past security to shake hands with President Obama during a state dinner for the prime minister of India – is more than warranted.

“I don’t think it was just our show that had to set its sights on the Salahis,” she said. “It was the entire nation who had set its sights on the Salahis given their alleged lack of invitation. It’s impossible to do a show in the nation’s capital and have a national breach of security involving one of our cast members and not have it shake our world.”

The Bravo reality show will have its finale tonight, and viewers will get a behind the scenes glimpse at that fateful night when the Salahis became arguably two of the world’s most famous party guests.

Erkiletian said it’s been surreal watching herself on television, and it turns out it's also been a little educational: Even she was shocked at some of the things she's witnessed by watching the show.

“I was surprised when someone told me that Michaele was suggesting that she was a Redskinette (a cheerleader for the NFL team, the Redskins),” she said. “I mean, why do you make something like that up? Watching the show, it was enlightening as to how far the Salahis were willing to take things.”

She added, “From years ago when I met her and then when I met him, it seemed like an increase in bad behavior.”

Erkiletian, who viewers saw invite friends to bless her new home with sage and good thoughts, said she had her astrologer run Michaele Salahi’s chart. And while the astrologer respected the code of not sharing all that she saw in the chart to respect Salahi's privacy, she did reveal something interesting to Erkiletian.

“What she did say was in a word, ‘arrogance,’” Erkiletian said. “I think that whole part of our show [the White House security breach] was embarrassing. It was embarrassing for our president and it was scary for me because it was the second alleged incident of a breach of security for our president.”

She said she enjoyed the experience of being a "Housewife" and wouldn’t mind participating in a second season. And if folks are looking forward to the finale, they should also be tuning in for the reunion show, she said.

“I like to think that I remain centered but when you see the reunion show you are going to be like ‘Is that the same person, is that Lynda,’” she said. “There are things that happen over time that when you have the opportunity to sit next to someone like the Salahis, you want to express yourself. And on the reunion show there is A LOT of expressing ourselves.”

1. adl

The Salahis are insane.

October 25, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  2. AnnieZzzzzz

With friends like Lynda and Cat, who needs enemies? By the way, Cat can't keep a husband and Lynda can't get one. Ebong should take a deep hard look at this woman, Putting her mean and vicious cattiness aside, Lynda's face can't be stretched any more than it is now - so what's she going to look like in 10 years? She'll have a new reality series ... "Real Housewives with Really Bad Facelifts."

October 20, 2010 at 1:33 am | Report abuse |
  3. Witman

A whole large group in my office have watched the DC wives. Lynda is popular, she's smart, straight talking, runs a successful business, seems to have a good life. We all agree that Michaele lies and exaggerates. She's in a fantasy land. We know she crashed the Black Caucus dinner, there was an eyewitness account. Jason the hairdresser had even said she showed him how to find and cop an empty seat. So her credibility is NIL in our group. However we've found that negative messages about Michaele don;t get posted by Bravo. They only post fan mail. She's trashy though, and Bravo likes that drama! Gotta laugh at it all... but We're sick of Bravo and probably won't watch again next season.

October 16, 2010 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  4. LyndaTheCougar

Lynda is a mean spirited cruel beeeotch! She talked horribly about Michaele long before anything was revealed–true enough they're (Salahis) are batsh%# crazy and likely criminal–but no word on what it had to do with her? Lynda why all the vitriol? If you're so happy with Ebong why do you spend so much time thinking aout Michaele???

October 16, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  5. Paula Downing

Who's really at fault here? The party crashers or the numerous government workers who let them do it?

October 9, 2010 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  6. LaTown

The Salahi's are a joke!! They never have any proof to back up what they say. Actually quite the contrary. I have on TV seen people prove they are out right liars. The episode where Michaele was with the cheerleaders was proof she never was one for me. She couldnt follow a simple three step routine. She looked like an ass.

October 8, 2010 at 11:27 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Nance

What baffles me the most is how the heck the Salahi's got into the White House party when they were uninvited? I blame this more on security than the Salahi's, you think US security is top notch especially from the terrorists attacks we had. The whole situation is fishy. I personally think Bravo planned this to get the ratings and drama up and going for the Real Housewives of DC. Bravo probably gave a nice check to the White House or some government officials to allow this. Doesn't surprise me since both Bravo and today's politicians are all big jokes. All the Salahi's seem to want is fame and attention whether it's negative or positive so they got what they wanted out of this as well.

October 8, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Jeff

Wow that pisture came up and I thought I was in some horror movie!

October 8, 2010 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
  9. DD

Innocent until proven guilty is according to the law of this country. Blame on the security team for their stupidity. The finale made the entire cast look like a bunch of idiots for acting the way they did. Why should the Salahis tell them anything while the case is still under investigation. What a bunch of bozos!

October 8, 2010 at 3:46 am | Report abuse |
  10. jj

This should just be a lesson for our country of how poor our security is, and there should be a big turnaround in this dept to get them on their toes.

October 8, 2010 at 2:22 am | Report abuse |
  11. shelley

Knew from the first show this would be terrible the minute Lynda said her first vicious word. Knew it would be sadder still when Cat had nothing to say that did not include ugly cattiness. Knew it would be saddest when Mary decided to forget she should have been above all the rest of these gossipy morons. Lynda is repulsively mean and destructive-While the Salahis may not be innoent in the White House situation, it becomes more aware to me that the political agenda portrayed in this program is profoundly biased. Stacey and Michaele appear to be the only two women on the programe to have any spirit of kindness. They all need to think about the 7 deadly sins before opening their deadly mouths.

October 7, 2010 at 11:59 pm | Report abuse |
  12. lenabena

i watch the show bc i pay my cable bill....people that don't watch the show get ur trollie self off this blog..y bring ur opinion abt y anyone would watch what THEY WANT to watch..anyway...i want the Salahis put in jail...they are 2 nuts..the husband more so then the wife...but 2 crazies together...i believe they really believe their owns lies..i bet mrs.salahi really convinced herself that she was a cheerleader...the proof or facts doesn't matter

October 7, 2010 at 11:31 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Deb

Going beyond the superficial...what's on the outside vs inside...Isn't Lynda Jewish...why is she checking a chart b4 going out, etc??? Does she not believe in the Torah as part of her faith? She needs to be reminded of Leviticus 19:31

October 7, 2010 at 8:31 pm | Report abuse |
  14. sue

Lynda I believe might be a little jealous. She reminds me of an "Ice Queen".

October 7, 2010 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Pig Spotter

Lynda Erkiletian has to sleep with her eyes wide open. That face has been lifted so high I'd be surprised if she could blink.

October 7, 2010 at 7:56 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Clare

Good lord lady....enough with the plastic surgery. It's like a train wreck – I can't stop looking even though I want to vomit

October 7, 2010 at 7:29 pm | Report abuse |
  17. mark

the plastic surgery is overwhelming. someone needs to enhance their souls.

October 7, 2010 at 6:23 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Ray

Why would I want to watch a bunch of women who have had way to much plastic surgery!!!!!! I do have to say, it makes for one of the best comedy shows on TV.

October 7, 2010 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Head Diva In Charge

I think that Mrs. Salahi certainly has the MNG (if you don't know what that is, check out my blog).....and I believe Lynda when she says that Mrs. Salahi changed after meeting Tareq. People are desperate to be known and accepted, Michaele just happened to meet someone as crazy as her.

October 7, 2010 at 1:57 pm | Report abuse |
  20. portalpunk

I'm still a useless troll with nothing better to do than attempt to sound intelligent on these boards. I'm not. I'm just a self-abusing little child that still lives with my mommy and hides in the basement to avoid real people, especially girls. I also like to be the first one to post on a story so I can say FIRST and act like a moron. It makes my tiny little weewee hard.

October 7, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Katy

Why does anyone watch this trash?

October 7, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Tarek

UGH! She looks like Nancy Pelosi! So effin ugly! She should sue her plastic surgeon. Michaele on the other hand is gorgeous. Annoying personality, but gorgeous. Nothing a little duct tape and rufies won't cure.

October 7, 2010 at 1:04 pm | Report abuse |
  23. TJ

Personally I could careless about these people. I can not believe that the media is even giving them any attention. If they did something illegal prosecute them, and if not who cares. What they did was totally a publicity stunt, which worked.

October 7, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Lombardo

What's wrong with her face??????

October 7, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  25. cupcake12

I love the show its down to earth... please stop hating..

October 7, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • Phil

Your concept of "down to earth" appears to be quite terrifying.. unless you consider it to be grounded to be rude, catty, undercutting, unkind, gossipy, law-breaking and mean-spirited..

October 11, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  26. GT

These people are parasites. Why glorify them on 'TV?

October 7, 2010 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
  27. joe

Her face is two sizes too small

October 7, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  28. Lyn

The term "housewife" has been used very loosely on all the seasons. Not one season consists of only married housewives.
    dzad.. good comparison!

October 7, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
  29. Eli

STOP WATCHING THIS SHOW, then it will be taken off the air. Plenty of other great reality shows on, watch RHW of New York and Orange County, drama but at least not tacky.

October 7, 2010 at 11:32 am | Report abuse |
  30. paul

Doesn't the word "housewife" imply marriage? There is no reason whatsoever for Lynda to be on the show. The Salhis might be obnoxious and arrogant, but Lynda matches their arrogance and is just a mean person. She needs more professional help than her astrologer.

October 7, 2010 at 11:17 am | Report abuse |
  31. dzad

the salahis are like a grown up version of heidi and spencer. (i use the term "grown-up" loosely)

October 7, 2010 at 11:11 am | Report abuse |
  32. champaine winston

To be completely honest I feel airing housewives of d.c was a big mistake in the first place!! Them women on there are kinda wierd to me.like the self medicate all the time this show sucks,but its fun to watch (drama)

October 7, 2010 at 11:07 am | Report abuse |
  33. RW

Some people who follow these two people have no lives. The Salahis should be prosecuted, not admired.

October 7, 2010 at 11:05 am | Report abuse |
  34. charles

can you say DEEPTHROAT...

October 7, 2010 at 11:02 am | Report abuse |
  35. Mike

ladies, can you please ease up on the surgery? you are looking scarry....and we are all supposed to age.....this does not look good or fool anyone.

October 7, 2010 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
  36. Louie Lobo

As a former male cheerleader for the University of New Mexico, it sickens and appalls me that the Salahis would show such callous disregard for our women and men in (skimpy) uniform. For shame!

October 7, 2010 at 10:47 am | Report abuse |
    • Dyson

but she did actually cheer at a game. she was not disregarding or being callous. She actually said how hard it was. This show is horrible, actually just the ladies. They hear something and take it to the extreem. Its a good lesson on knowing the truth before making assumptions.

October 7, 2010 at 10:59 am | Report abuse |
  37. reggie

Lynda my dear! time to stop the plastic surgery. Can you say "cat woman"?? get a mirror!

October 7, 2010 at 10:42 am | Report abuse |
  38. Ladybug

People like the Salahis get away with that crap. As my husband says, they could fall in an outhouse and come out wearing a new suit!

October 7, 2010 at 10:34 am | Report abuse |
  39. Neal Richardson

The Salahis are simply indicative of the times we live in. I am no longer shocked at the level of truth-stretching and outright lying regularly committed by people these days, so intent on wanting to appear more interesting and successful.

October 7, 2010 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
    • Ouch

Actually I am shocked at the face stretching and chest stretching and can't bear to even look at the TV while the wife is watching for fear of having nightmares.

October 7, 2010 at 10:36 am | Report abuse |
  40. portalpunk

I'm just an ignorant troll that serves no useful purpose in life. I was abused as a child and feel the only way to get attention is to be a whiney little girl on these blogs. Just ignore me because I really am stupid and don't deserve anything in life.

October 7, 2010 at 10:25 am | Report abuse |
    • Patty

Consider it done........

October 7, 2010 at 10:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Ron G

Oooooookay?

October 7, 2010 at 10:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Frankly Speaking..

haha..I almost spilled my coffee, thanks for the morning break

October 7, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
    • runner305

I love whiney little girls (as long as you're over 18). Can we get together so we can make each other miserable??

October 7, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • portalpunk

I prefer self abuse and hiding from real girls in my mommies basement. I try to sound intelligent, but I just an ignorant moron with a tiny little weewee.

October 7, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
  41. michael sherrell

What the salahis did was wrong and aganist the law they need to go to jail for it

October 7, 2010 at 9:47 am | Report abuse |
    • JayNYC

Going to a party without an invitation is "against the law" even if they let you in?!?

October 7, 2010 at 10:23 am | Report abuse |
    • Patty

I totally agree. I don't understand how they got by with it, and now seem to be making money from it.

October 7, 2010 at 11:21 am | Report abuse |
    • DaddyRabbit

For the life of me, I cannot figure out who gives a hoot about these people.

October 7, 2010 at 12:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • LettFirst

Lynda really needs to stop BOTOXING....this is a terrible picture of her...her joker like face is not attractive!

October 7, 2010 at 12:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Luke

You know I think everyone needs to get over the Whitehouse crashing story. As far as I am concerned it is the peoples house and if you knock on the door and you are let in, than you must be welcome.

October 7, 2010 at 6:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • nuggets

I'm a wedding crasher and would I ever go to jail for it?
      N0PE!

C'mon they got in and the blame should be on them it should be on the guys meant to keep them out.
      What did the do wrong really? Party crash the dinner? Big f'ing deal -

October 7, 2010 at 7:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Phil

I believe crashing the White House is an actual crime, which, last I checked, is a "big effin' deal".

October 11, 2010 at 2:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • nicole

Why is everybody coming down on the Salahis? The true people who should be punished would be those in change of security To allow people to come so close to our President what if they wanted to cause harm to the Pesident, all guests, and themselves who would we blame than? I think we really dont want to admit that someone didnt do their job and should be fired!

October 23, 2010 at 12:11 am | Report abuse |