Gaga, Beyoncé among top 10 most powerful women
October 7th, 2010

Gaga, Beyoncé among top 10 most powerful women

Move over, Michelle Obama! Lady Gaga has joined the first lady in the top 10 of Forbes's list of the World's 100 Most Powerful Women.

According to Forbes, the list is "based less on traditional titles and more on creative influence and entrepreneurship. These power women have built distinctive companies and brands and championed weighty causes, sometimes through unconventional means; in other cases they have broken through gender barriers."

The power women candidates were divided into four categories – lifestyle, politics, business and media – and ranked within each group. Then, the groups were ranked against each other.

That explains how the meat-dress wearing Gaga (#7) – a gay rights advocate who has racked up two No. 1 hits and will rake in an estimated $200 million from her world tour — wound up in the top 10 alongside such varied notables as Mrs. Obama (#1), TV titan Oprah Winfrey (#3), Secretary of State Hilary Clinton (#5), and comic Ellen DeGeneres (#10).

Also rounding out the top spots: Kraft Chief Executive Irene Rosenfeld (#2), German Chancellor Angela Merkel (#4), PepsiCo Chief Executive Indra Nooyi (#6), Westpac Chief Executive Gail Kelly (#8), and Beyoncé (#9).

Forbes's star-studded list also includes such A-listers as actresses Angelina Jolie (#21) and Sarah Jessica Parker (#45), supermodels Heidi Klum (#39) and Gisele Bundchen (#72), and athletes Serena Williams (#55) and her sister Venus (#60).

Post by:
Filed under: Beyonce • Celebrities • Ellen DeGeneres • Lady Gaga • Music • Oprah Winfrey

1. top 10 lists

I am extremely impressed together with your writing talents and also with the format on your weblog. Is that this a paid topic or did you modify it yourself? Anyway keep up the excellent quality writing, it is rare to peer a great blog like this one these days..

July 5, 2012 at 3:39 am | Report abuse |
  2. Tyhouston

Not news, not real "power" just cause you have a few bucks in the account...you don't have "power"

Get back to me when you run a nation, not sing pointless corp songs to 12 year olds.

October 26, 2010 at 2:59 am | Report abuse |
  3. portalpunk

I'm the real portalpunk. I think I'm clever and funny but really, I'm just a sad, self-abusing little troll that still lives in my mommies basement. I also have a tiny little weewee.

October 8, 2010 at 8:48 am | Report abuse |
  4. portalpunk

I fantasize about his bum and my meat...

October 7, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |
  5. dave

I fantasize about a pack of wild, mean, and hungry dogs meeting up with LadyKaKa in some dark alley while she's wearing that idiotic meat thing.

October 7, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Lombardo

Why is Gaga on the list? We all know Gaga is a man...

October 7, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Omen

A man that outsells you in a second. Deal with it.

October 9, 2010 at 6:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • fanatic

i am so tired of that stupid rumor. if that was true, why does she sound, look and act like a woman? annd how could she hide herself in those outfits she wears in her videos? explain that

October 12, 2010 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  7. LeoR

Michelle is doing an amazing job for military families – the forgotten soldiers who have given their all and cannot even get a job when the come back to the USA. I applaud her efforts for this focus.

October 7, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  8. portalpunk

I'm still a useless troll with nothing better to do than attempt to sound intelligent on these boards. I'm not. I'm just a self-abusing little child that still lives with my mommy and hides in the basement to avoid real people, especially girls.

October 7, 2010 at 1:08 pm | Report abuse |