'Real Housewives of Atlanta' back with a vengeance
October 5th, 2010

'Real Housewives of Atlanta' back with a vengeance

If the good Lord made a television viewing pleasure guiltier than the “Real Housewives of Atlanta,” he must have kept it for himself.

This show is such a H.A.M. (hot a** mess) that I’m not even sure where to begin. The Georgia peaches came roaring back in their first episode looking good and bringing the drama straight out of the gate!

First, allow me to give kudos where kudos are due: The fake hair was oh so together for the start of season three. Sheree looked amazing and even Kim appears to have stepped up her wig game. And other than NeNe’s back fat spilling from that ill-conceived notion of an evening gown, I thought the ladies looked great.

NeNe and Kim’s “reconciliation” was a bit much for me, and I for one am so tired of this frenemies story line. I haven’t seen so much fake “love you girl” smooch-ness since high school. Kim should know better after all this time.

Instead, she needs to be focusing on her 13-year-old daughter’s love life and the fact that she even has one at her age. Their whole conversation about the boy her daughter wants to “plant one on” made me feel all types of skeevy, and at one point I think I shouted at the TV, “How are you going to even go there Kim, given how you got down with Big Poppa?!”

But the big blow out was between NeNe and Dwight, who appears to be running around town spreading the word that he has money to burn. Sheree didn’t appreciate his claim that he sunk $30K into her fashion show, and NeNe got up in his face about his claims that her husband tried to borrow $10K.

I expected Dwight to let NeNe have it, but he seemed cowed by her and her loud accusations at the party he attended with new cast member Phaedra. Speaking of Phaedra, I’m not sure what I think of her yet; I was too distracted by the “Southern belle” from Athen’s extremely shiny lip gloss to be able to form an opinion.

And are we going to pretend like Lisa was never a part of the show, or will her absence be explained? I can’t wait to see what’s in store for Sheree’s “acting” career and I’m happy that Kandi is dating again after the loss of A.J. Kandi’s also got her career on track with a new single “Leave U” and an upcoming tour with another singer who’s had some love life issues – Fantasia.

What did you think of the “Housewives of Atlanta” premiere?

1. web dizajn subotica

My brother recommended I might like this blog. He was once totally right. This submit actually made my day. You cann't believe simply how a lot time I had spent for this information! Thanks!

June 27, 2012 at 6:36 am | Report abuse |
  2. Carla

It is crazy how everyone is acting like Lisa never existed this season. Kim is taking her "singing career" too far with only one hit

October 24, 2010 at 9:32 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Bee

Frank - you do have a right to your opinion –....duh !!!

October 6, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Lombardo

I suppose thick, cone shaped thighs are an epidemic in Atlanta...

October 6, 2010 at 9:24 am | Report abuse |
  5. BEE

Frank - take your marbles & leave the game. This is the 3rd season of RHOA –as far as a "Jewish" version of the shoe Jill Zarin is a Jew –she is on RHONY. I watch these silly shows,because I am silly & it is entertaining. Move on. Looking forward to this new season –enjoyed the show Mon. night.Dwight is too much.

October 6, 2010 at 6:28 am | Report abuse |
    • Frank

'Silly' or not, this is just grown people debasing themselves. Another example of culture going straight into the toilet.
      I have the right to my opinion.

October 6, 2010 at 6:59 am | Report abuse |
  6. Frank

Oh, great. Now we have a black version of the show so women of color can embarrass themselves and their people on national tv. Are we going to have a Jewish version of this show, with J.A.Ps? I doubt it!

October 6, 2010 at 4:59 am | Report abuse |
  7. april

OMG I hate I missed the season opener. I so love the RHOA! of course I personally don't feel that these women represent the "black" middle class per se, but I love the drama that comes with their relationships to each other. I think as women we all have some drama to our lives especially when it involves female friends; therefore, I really can't hate on the show or the individuals involed.

October 5, 2010 at 9:13 pm | Report abuse |
  8. kat26

What on earth was that dead red thing on Kandi's head? Also NeNe's?

October 5, 2010 at 7:19 pm | Report abuse |
  9. 1blkhny

i'm GLAD they're back! yes, they ALL are a hot buttered mess..black, white, whatever...who cares...i'll take that mess with extra butter and big fat dose of Ne Ne..especially now that she's stacked the rack and reworked the nose...who knew? as for the new housewife, phaedra..i'm not feeling her AT ALL...but hey, a lawyer with an ex-con hubby is sure to add some more 'buttered' mess to the pile...hehehehe...and to be frank, i don't miss lisa...

what a GREAT guilty pleasure!!! can't wait for the next episode!!!

October 5, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • KOURTNEY

Honey your post was hilarious!!! I didnt notice NeNe's new nose but i d*mn sure couldnt miss the new tata's!! NeNe was serving those things up on a silver platter lol. Hands down NeNe is my FAV and ill take that mess with extra butter and a big fat dose of NeNe as well lol!!!!!!

October 5, 2010 at 5:13 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Out there

All I can say...ghetto women with money, white or black.They don't appreciate what they have. I would like to see them try and pay bills and raise a family on less than 100k.

October 5, 2010 at 4:59 pm | Report abuse |
  11. NC Lady

I absolutely loved the show last night. I agree with most of you I don't play the race card b/c I have watched some of the other RHs and they are just as dramatic as these ladies. NeNe has some issues she needs to work out. She has become so rich she can't support her husband in his time of need then she needs to let him go. I'm w/Kandi I would not be NeNe's friend after she choked me. Kim still has issues and needs some counseling b/c I have yet to figure out how she has any money. I don't believe Big Poppa is paying for everything and giving her money like that. NeNe was a fool to believe what she said about Greg borrowing money from Dwight. Why would Dwight tell Kim anything???? I believe Kim felt that would really get her back on NeNe's good side. As for Sheree I never really liked her for some reason. She just seems so extra and over the top. Kandi I love because she is real and really seems to have it together. As for Phaedra I'm not sure yet....we will have to see. I do miss Lisa but oh well.
    @KobbKountyKillah please grow up and stop being ignorant.

October 5, 2010 at 4:38 pm | Report abuse |
  12. hippiechick

I wish they'd put my fiance's ex on that show. She'd fit right in. She's trashy-mouthed and all about money, could care less what her kids are up to. And she likes attention, being a single child whose daddy spoiled her rotten. I'm telling you, they are missing out by not asking her to be on the show!

October 5, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  13. that's entertainment

Come'on ladies, chill a bit! Nobody ever said the RH franchise was a study in human behavior! It's just caddy reality TV, and I love it!
    I know these are not real representations of the areas (I'm from OC, the same town where a couple of them live), or the races (white, black, jewish, mixed). It's just plain old entertainment!

October 5, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Latrice

As a black middle class woman, I have to say that I love this show and missed it terribly. DC was really boring, and I didn't make it past the first episode. I don't think it's playing the race card, I think it's these people being these people. With so much drama in your life, how could you ever be boring? lol

October 5, 2010 at 3:47 pm | Report abuse |
  15. purplepeach

I LOVED the show, all the gals looked beautiful i'm not really feeling that lawyer chick whats her name Phadra?I think Kim should of kept that info about NE NE's husband borrowing money 2 herself thats called being a sh?? starter. Over all i was stuck 2 the tv it was a great show and can't wait till next week. Who said that these women are middle class i kinda think that they are a little higher than that.

October 5, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Head Diva In Charge

To be honest, I am SO excited for this season. The women are real, even though it does seem that fame may have gotten to their heads (at least a few of them). BUT at the same time, can we blame them? Would we do the same thing? Probably. Rock on Atlanta!

October 5, 2010 at 3:00 pm | Report abuse |
  17. Isaac

Phaedra is amazing. This woman can do it all. There is so much more to her than just being a pregnant, ex-con marrying power attorney.

October 5, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  18. nccuivy

As I once heard in a sermon a long time ago, "Even Pimps and whoes can wear designer clothes”…..goes to show that money can't buy integrity. This is something that you have to acquire from the trial and tribulations from life as well as being taught to have "some manners". I'm not impressed about the designer clothes and expensive clothes and cars that any of Housewives have. Besides, the designers are giving it to them anyway for "free advertisment"/"name dropping." All of the shows are full of drama........Kandi is the most civil out of all of the women on the show and she is actually RICH. I thought Phaedra started out wrong! She is deemed to be messy throughout the season.

October 5, 2010 at 2:52 pm | Report abuse |
  19. Matt

This show is pure garbage! Just more of the dumbing down of America. TV sux....

October 5, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Lady B

I have loved RHOA since season 1. The Season 3 opener, came with immediate fire. I believe that only Kandi (so far), is the only one bold enough to stand up to NeNe. Yet NeNe can't seem to do away with her "glorified ghettoness", that others such as Kim are afraid to clash with. I don't know why, but it seems that her size in combination with her big mouth, is the deciding intimidator. Even though I love to watch them, the original women in this cast, have not been successful in their own right EXCEPT Kandi and the new cast members. Yet they carry on like they (yes, I'm talking about Sheree, Kim and NeNe) belong the A-list entertainers. HA! I will continue to watch the upcoming episodes of RHOA, because the entertainment is interesting.

October 5, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  21. angel

It's called entertainment people! I thought although the ladies had gained some weight since lets season they looked great. NeNe looked great, is still loud, just like she's been for the last 2 seasons. All the drama, the screaming and fighting, that's what makes us watch. Who wants to watch a group of boring ladies with boring lives. Now I will agree I don't think really any of them are all that rich. I'm just saying. I love the ladies!

October 5, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nickole

I completely agree. If they were boring none of us would watch and if you feel its just a waste of your time to watch...turn the channel and watch something else.

October 5, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  22. Phillip

Southerners tend to be more impulsive and volatile than the other areas of the country, but genuinely warm hearted. The problem may be that a southerner feels they need to be so genuine. Contrast that with the more diabilical group bullying on Real Housewives of New Jersey where one person wanted to portray themselves as virtuous while simultaneously gathering a group against another. Rarely have I seen a Southerner behave in that indirect manner. But I believe we live in a society that lives behind smoke screens and punishes or judges anything done in the open. I would say RHOA's communication is genuine, maybe to the point of aggessive, but I would definatlely not use the word genuine to describe most other behavior such as dating married men and so forth. But at least they are who they are, and you can't argue with that.

October 5, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kammy

No, a Southerner will look you directly in the eye, flash you a gentile smile as sweet as honeysuckle, speak to you in a soft, velvet voice while lying like a dog to your face and talking about you behind your back. Please...

October 5, 2010 at 5:56 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Stephen- San Fran

I love this show! Thanks Bravo for bringing it back! But I was born in high society Atlanta and I know there are not that many Ghetto hoodrats in the scene. Where are the southern bells!!!!!!!!

October 5, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Alec

SO TRUE! I am part of that scene now with the real movers and shakers of Atlanta and no of these women are present!This is just a TV show and Bravo just needed to appeal to the minority audience

October 5, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Dare2BFree

This is the kind of show you watch just to see how awful it will be. NeNe's behavior is disgusting – no wonder her son has gotten into trouble with the law. He has a mother who is belligerent every chance she gets. Apple doesn't fall too far from the tree. And what about Kim's daughter and her serious lack of etiquette? I mean, the whole talking with your mouth full and slobbing all over yourself while eating ice cream? Gross. Sheree acting? I don't think I can roll my eyes hard enough. I adore Kandi and Kim. The rest of them, not so much.

October 5, 2010 at 2:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jaynicia

OMG! I thought I was the only one who noticed that little girl eating like a slop hog! That was truly disgusting.

October 5, 2010 at 5:45 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Jonathan

RHWofA is back!
    So happy to see Kim looking great! Love her. I agree with whaaaat, not a picture of the ATL. Where are the white people?

October 5, 2010 at 2:12 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Bill - San Diego

That NeNe is a mess...LOL! Poor thang.... So many personal issues and don't know how to handle them. She needs some spirtual guidance.

October 5, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anita

This is how these people act. This is their natural way. They're not raised this way, it's not taught to them, this is how they are. Normal people do not do this. It's very embarrassing. I would really love to be there when they watch themselves making fools of themselves. It halarious, I love to watch train wrecks. They deserve whatever happens to them. BECAUSE THEY BROUGHT IT OWN THEIRSELVES. I'm so glad the football wife it not on this year, she did herself a favor getting away from all the drama. Besides she's not down to their level anyway. She's much, much better. And Dwight needs to do the same say away from what's it the pot. IT'S POISEN!!!!!! Can't wait to see what happens next to these people. What a hoot.

October 5, 2010 at 3:41 pm | Report abuse |
    • Another Guest

Anita…honey you have so many misspelled words in your post!! Normally I wouldn’t point that you but if you are going to post in a public forum and state how other people’s actions are embarrassing then you should at least make sure you 1) you make sense and 2) you don’t misspell words…..just an fyi!!

October 5, 2010 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Bethany from GA

Lisa's absence from RHOA did get a brief mention last night. I think it was NeNe, but it might have been Sheree, who said Lisa probably wouldn't be at the Be Chic Boutique. She went on to say Lisa wasn't seen out in Atlanta much since she and Ed have moved so far away (to Braselton).

October 5, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Leslie

im so over all these accusations of RHOA being such a bad representation of African American females... ok so i guess everyone is a Saint now?? The point of the matter is black or white everyone is human and has their own flaws lets not judge. I thought the premiere was a great start to the season and im excited to see whats in store. NeNe irritated me with her extra outburst on Dwight but hey thats life and im pretty sure she regrets it and hopefully next time she will do better. Kim im feeling more this season, SO FAR.. (thats not saying much) but i was kind of through with her once i found out she was dating a married man... Shere looked fab im not sure whats good with this whole acting career but more power to her. i MISS Lisa and the show definately wont be the same without her sass and natural beauty. As for the other new girl, im still trying to feel her out.

i love housewives of atl and no other housewife show tops them.
    xo

October 5, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
  29. whaaaat

This cast is embarrassing, an inaccurate portrayal of Atlanta to say the least

October 5, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jennifer

Not a true representation of Atlanta
      I love the show and last night was awesome! I am so glad I have my guilty pleasure back as I love me some Real Housewives of Atlanta. By far the best in the franchise!! HOWEVER for everyone out there has never been to Atlanta let me remind you this is a show only and does not represent our city at all! Nothing against the show demographics but why all the african americans coming from a city that has the fastest growing White and Asian community in North America!? Come on Bravo represent!

October 5, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
  30. good

its a TV SHOW!!!!

October 5, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Nickole

The housewives of atl may be a "h.a.m." but, i enjoyed of minute of it!! I was however, so embarrassed for NeNe and Dwight for the way NeNe handled the situation. It’s a time and place for everything and that certainly wasn’t the time or place.

October 5, 2010 at 1:50 pm | Report abuse |
  32. Nikki

H.A.M pretty much sums it up!

October 5, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  33. UrbanUrban

Who cares what class they represent it shows people being real NOT FAKE. Jersey Housewives had just as much drama. Stop playing the race-card. All MIDDLE CLASS black people don't sit around reading Upscale and making reservations some of us REMEMBER WHERE WE CAME FROM and aren't ashamed to show it. Big UPS to the Atlanta Housewives.

October 5, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Patty

I loved all the DRAMA and my workout time flew by!!!

October 5, 2010 at 1:47 pm | Report abuse |
  35. good

I missed it but did catch it online. it is a source of entertainment if you dont like it dont watch it. there are all types of people in every race they may disgrace eachother and until people get mature enough to realize that there will always be criticism....But no matter how “a people” are portrayed people will never stop taling... stop being so sensitive and enjoy the show! I get a great laugh cause they are not embarrassing me ( a black lesbian woman)!

October 5, 2010 at 1:46 pm | Report abuse |
  36. Treva

Treeves & Rbritton,

I do see where you are coming from. I really do. But all of the housewives are horrible examples of the rich. This is the black version which I find highly entertaining. Many of the other housewives have had money and men problems, they just are not labeled as "hood" or "ghetto" because they are white. These ladies are no worse than any of the other

October 5, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
  37. nycDIVA

Treeves – i understand your point and while i do believe it is somewhat valid in other shows but don't make this about race. All the Real Housewives shows are out there and filled with drama. Its not that serious. Most of it is bad acting even though its just a reality show. Either watch it and enjoy it or watch something else instead but don't make this into a racial issue.

October 5, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • PattyinDC

I agree that the whole Housewives franchise is about catty women, regardless of race. And I kinda like Kim and NeNe being friends again. They really do seem compatible, because Kim has NeNe's number and likes her anyway, now that's a friend !! About Dwight, he is just a drama queen wishing he was one of the housewives. C'mon, he didnot spend 30K on Sheree's fashion show and he did not "loan" NeNe's husband 10K.
      And I thought NeNe was on target about his needing his nose redone...those nostrils are closed tight !!!

October 5, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Caroline M

Great answer nycDIVA.. you're absolutely correct.. housewife of orange county.. all white and just as trashy..

October 5, 2010 at 2:31 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Eli

The Real Ghetto Life of Atlanta

October 5, 2010 at 1:43 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dani

That was just uneccesary. These ladies are far from ghetto. With a name like Eli I can only imagine the type of person you are... you're the person that only wants to make comments that have and undertone of racism because you can sit behind your compuer and say what you want without recourse. Grow up.

October 5, 2010 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Sharon

Oh yeah, and whatever happened to "Tardy for the Party?"

October 5, 2010 at 1:13 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Sharon

A guiltier pleasure was the first Rock of Love BS (Before Stroke).

October 5, 2010 at 1:12 pm | Report abuse |
  41. Treeves

I agree, this show is a poor representation of the Black Middle Class. To be honest, many of these woman are fraudulent imposters–with little or no money at all. Why does the "majority" continue to exploit African-Americans for comical relief–modern day Samboo[ra's]. I believe that it is nothing wrong with displaying an accurate account of successful African American woman; however, I do have a problem when it threatens the already tainted image of a people, who's strides, though numerous, are typically unacknowledged and underplayed by the "majority."

October 5, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • BM Barbie

First of all, I did not find Phaedra to be "ghetto" at all. Secondly, I think Kim is right up there with the worst of them, and she's white. I find can't stand Sheree for whatever reason but I think she seems fairly upstanding and wouldn't call her a poor representation of the black community by any means. As a white person, I do not in ANY WAY compare these women to anyone in real life, black or white. When I watch Real Housewives of Orange County, I do not get upset at the way white women are represented, and those women are awful. It is because of these over-sensitive generalizations that we all have to be reminded constantly about race. I never even thought about it until your comment.

October 5, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Caroline M

Don't get upset at the show Treeves (what kind of name is that)... get upset with the woman for allowing "poor representation of the Black Middle Class" amd they are not passing themselves as middle class.. I'm middle class and no way I can afford all those fake wigs, to think the woman shaving their heads in India as a sacrific .. have no idea what is these woman are paying for them..

October 5, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Goosey

This comment is directed at Caroline M. I thought I was going to die when Phaedra said to Apollo "I want a normal name for our baby," (I'm paraphrasing) as they missed the irony of both them having unusual names.

October 6, 2010 at 12:22 am | Report abuse |
  42. Rbritton

The series should be called the HOOD Wives of Atlanta....

October 5, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • DG

All I can say is...we've only seen the first episode. Ohh the drama and the comments that followed. Bravo got just what it set out for...VIEWERS like us. You all must agree, its entertainment. This isn't reality! It's scripted entertainment dressed up as fake azzzz reality show. Please believe THAT. Until the next episode...I'm cracking up at how stupid they LOOK and how crazy we all ARE for watching...BUT ITS ENTERTAINING!!!! ;-D

October 5, 2010 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Talentless gold-diggers. This show is garbage.

October 5, 2010 at 6:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • shortbread

Hood wives??? Have you seen DC, Orange County and New Jersey? PLEASE.....

October 5, 2010 at 6:44 pm | Report abuse |