Dana Delany's botched Botox job struck a nerve
October 5th, 2010

Dana Delany's botched Botox job struck a nerve

Actress Dana Delany has sworn off cosmetic surgery after a botched Botox job left her with a droopy eye.

"Something nobody ever talks about is doctor error," the 54-year-old star of ABC's "Body of Proof" tells November's Prevention magazine. "Seven years ago, I had never even heard about Botox. My dermatologist was saying, 'You should try it.' He injected my forehead, hit a nerve, and created a huge hematoma. The nerve has been dead ever since."

In fact, Delany says, "It affected the muscle in my right eye, so my eye has started to droop a little bit… I was symmetrical before and now I am not. I stopped going to him right then."

As far as getting any additional nips-and-tucks, Delany tells the magazine, "I won't do it, no." Instead, she plans to follow the lead of other actresses who are letting themselves grow older gracefully.

"My hat's off to Jamie Lee Curtis. She's so smart, and she doesn't dye her hair or anything," says the former "Desperate Housewives" star. "And Meryl Streep still looks like herself. Diane Keaton, too. I think the really great actresses don't worry about that kind of thing."

1. calm divorce

This post could not be more factual..

December 11, 2011 at 12:24 pm | Report abuse |
  2. raw food

I could not agree with you more..

November 24, 2011 at 3:55 am | Report abuse |
  3. scripts directory

Tremendous article!

November 18, 2011 at 2:20 am | Report abuse |
  4. meineke coupon

This may be the best blog I have ever seen!!!

October 23, 2011 at 8:55 pm | Report abuse |
  5. www.sensipics.com

You couldn't be more on the level!!

October 23, 2011 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  6. glabarre

Dana I agree your beauty is not just skin deep. There is more to your face than imperfections, wrinkles, sags that all of those years of experiences have itched into your personality. These mature marks only add character and show others how easy it is to be yourself. That is why all of those actresses, that do not plactic themselves into unual looking odd faced women, are so successful. Because those of us, and there are many, love watching you naturally aging women refine your craft without worring about how young you appear. How white your teeth, perfect your hair or firm your body does not mean you can act or tell us a story. Stay strong ease into your mature years with grace enjoy what you have learned over the years we will always be watching you and enjoying your talent.

March 14, 2011 at 10:58 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Carpet Shampooer

vanity leads to more plastic surgery procedures. people are becoming more conscious about their appearance ~:"

November 18, 2010 at 6:19 am | Report abuse |
  8. Khristina

She should be worrying less about her beautiful face and start worrying more about those awful yellow teeth!!!

October 9, 2010 at 9:14 am | Report abuse |
  9. Mike

I'd do her even with the droopy eye!

October 6, 2010 at 9:33 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Greggiekay

Violet, you do realize that the Godfather was released 38 yrs ago? I wouldn't expect her to look like that any more. She is 64 yrs old, and this 38 yr old thinks she is still an attractive woman. What kind of expectations do people have these days?

October 6, 2010 at 9:43 am | Report abuse |
    • Frank

"What kind of expectations do people have these days?"

Plastic ones.

October 6, 2010 at 9:42 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Violet's Mom

"Diane Keaton, too. I think the really great actresses don't worry about that kind of thing."

Diane Keaton has had a ton of plastic surgery – check her out in the first Godfather – she does not look anything like she used to!!

October 6, 2010 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  12. Slip

Nobody is symmetrical.

October 6, 2010 at 12:31 am | Report abuse |
  13. Wheezer

HA,HA !!

October 5, 2010 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Frank

Doesn't she know that that's pretty much what Botox is supposed to do? Her doctor just got more to the point. Lol. Actors who take Botox aren't too smart. Part of acting is showing emotion in your face.

October 5, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  15. jillmarie

I am all for Juvederm and botox. Just be careful who does and how it is done. I feel bad Ms. Delaney had a bad experience and I applaud her for going public. Most people who get Botox are fine.

October 5, 2010 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Boblob

Dana- you're gorgeous!!! If you ever want to date a younger man, I'd be first in line...

October 5, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
  17. boocat

I'd never use Botox...just what I want – some doctor injecting poison into my face. I think not..

October 5, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  18. portalpunk

dana tried to look younger, thought it'd make her a fungirl, doc stuck a stick above her eye, now her face droops like a mud pie, she starts railin on the plastic people, determines they all must be floozies, but in the back of her mind, she still wants bigger boobies

October 5, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  19. SAMCRO

Your still hot Dana!!!

October 5, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
  20. sheppard

There's always a risk when someone starts sticking needles in your face. Sorry Dana had a bad experience. No one (even us 'regular folks') wants to look old, but it can be the safest way to go! LOL

October 5, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |