'My Generation' gets canned
October 4th, 2010

'My Generation' gets canned

We guess this is one "Generation" no one wanted to talk about.

ABC's "My Generation" has joined Fox's “Lone Star” in the fall 2010 new show graveyard, as the network has canceled the series after just two episodes.

Apparently the series - which followed the lives of nine high school graduates from Austin, Texas, 10 years after they tossed off their caps and entered the real world - wasn’t attracting an audience.

According to the Hollywood Reporter, ratings were down 31 percent following the poorly rated season opener, with only 3.9 million viewers tuning in for the second episode. As a result, production came to a halt on Friday.

“My Generation” had held the 8 p.m. slot on Thursdays, leading into “Grey’s Anatomy,” and it remains to be seen what will replace the show.

Filed under: television

1. testosterona

Sin duda que desee para entregar un concepto rápida de darle las gracias por los consejos y sugerencias bonito que está publicando en marquee.blogs.cnn.com. Mi tiempo en Internet aparecen hasta ahora ha sido recompensado con estrategias útiles para el intercambio con mi familia y amigos. Me dicen que estamos hecho los lectores son realmente la bendición de vivir en una comunidad muy útil con algunas personas grandes con puntos profundos. Realmente me siento muy agradecido de conseguir descubrir la página web y aparecen por delante de un montón de otros momentos divertidos de leer aquí. Gracias mucho de nuevo por una buena cantidad de cosas.

December 5, 2011 at 2:15 pm | Report abuse |
  2. comprar nandrolona

marquee.blogs.cnn.com será el blog perfecto para todo aquel que quiera saber sobre este tema. Usted sabe mucho de su difícil en la práctica para discutir con usted (no es que realmente quiero). A pesar de todo establecer un giro totalmente nuevo sobre un tema se ha escrito sobre eso por años. Cosas fantásticas, simplemente excelente!

December 4, 2011 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  3. testosterone

La mejor información esencial es esto, que tiene tratar de hacer muy bien acerca de que el cuerpo de las personas sin hogar y de su mano. Estoy tan entusiasmado acerca de eso, después de leer este artículos útiles escrito y sus opiniones sobre marquee.blogs.cnn.com también que es tan atractivo para hacer algo por aquellos

November 30, 2011 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Loveles71

I am so disappointed that they canned this show, I thought it had a very good storyline. It had potential of being a great show. They didn't even give it a chance. If I remember correctly Friends, Seinfeld and other shows started off with low ratings but eventually grew on people. Thats why its better to read a book!

October 20, 2010 at 8:12 am | Report abuse |
  5. amy

I liked that show, I really started to get used to these young adults after high school lives and I wanted to know more about them each week! I can't believe they canned it...they made a big mistake, who cares about No ordinary family or even Detroit 187... but they give them more than 2 times chance?! UNFAIR, VERY DISPPOINTED by ABC.

October 19, 2010 at 12:48 am | Report abuse |
  6. Marysol

i was also disappointed that they cancelled it. i just found out cuz i was looking 4 it in my dvr n i couldnt find it i actually told my mom that i thought i accidentally deleted it cuz i couldnt find it then i checked online 2 see if they hadnt on until i found this article i was like: WHATTTT???? :( i really got into it frm the 1st episode. i really wanted 2 see how the guy w the 10 yr old kid would turn out n the girl w the army husband also cuz 1 of my sis is in the army so i know what thats like. i really hope they air the rest of the season @ least online :S.

October 16, 2010 at 10:15 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Deekay

This was a really cute show, and i cannot believe the same network that beat to death the premise of a bunch of people surviving a plane crash on some remote island, and still have a 450 lb character after 4+ years (which I only watched to first episode, cuz it was stupid), actually pulled the plug on My Generation. Poor product placement, could be, but not a smart idea.

October 14, 2010 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  8. robin

i liked the show!

October 14, 2010 at 9:09 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Jessica

I 'm so bummed out that they cancelled this show i was really getting into it!!!!!!

October 11, 2010 at 8:42 am | Report abuse |
  10. maggie

I liked this show and wanted to see what was going to happen with several story lines. ABC pulled the plug too fast! Get rid of In the Middle – that show is stupid!

October 9, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Nancie

I am bummed to see this canceled, and now feel guilty for only watching this On-demand the following day, due to my work schedule. I can see why it got off to a slow start due to the style in which it is filmed, but I don't think it was given a fair chance! They should have tried moving it to a different time slot before up and canceling!
    Yes, perhaps the stereotypes were there... but those stereotypes really exist... Having graduated 7 years ago, I could identify with the characters, and enjoyed the fact that they used music/news footage etc from that time... It brought back memories!
    I couldn't wait to see what would happen with Foster and his son...

October 9, 2010 at 1:29 am | Report abuse |
  12. debra

I really liked the show too, but on thursday opposite vampire diaries was a bad move. I wanted to find out about dawn and kenneth. & if rolly would've came to. and if steven got with caroline and tom. darn it's gone.

October 8, 2010 at 7:48 pm | Report abuse |
  13. LMNOP4

I am so sad! I really liked the show and had been waiting all summer to see it. Being a 2000 h.s. graduate myself I enjoyed seeing how their lives went back and how they were in high school and the music they played that was the music of that time brought back my own memories from high school. I liked that it showed all their dreams and aspirations as a Senior in H.S. and how reality hit them...I'm not exactly who or where I thought I'd be 10 years ago. . I'm married to a military man so the military guy in it also made me relate to the show among other things. I am about to go to my 10 year high school reunion and am a little nervous but this show actually has made me see that everyone grows up[ and things do change. I am very disappointed that it was cancelled after just 2 shows...didn't even give it enough time to see if it could have been a good show or not. I was just getting into the characters storylines...come on ABC maybe try it out a few more times until you find something to replace it...Grey's reruns are going to get old!!!

October 8, 2010 at 5:01 am | Report abuse |
  14. LB

I can't believe this show was canned. I loved this show and thought it showed a lot of promise. I look forward to watching it every week. Putting my generation on thursday nights ultimately was its down fall. I am extremely mad and disappointed!!!! F@#$ U ABC!!!!!

October 8, 2010 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |
  15. ks

how disappointing, I really liked it and looked forward to it every week !I wanted to see what ever happened with Brenda and her old highschool boyfriend( Cant think of his name ) I wish they would atleast post the rest of the episodes online!? I will be wondering forever lol

October 7, 2010 at 8:17 pm | Report abuse |
  16. candy

this was seriously my new fav show. I am soooooooo disappointed

October 7, 2010 at 8:07 pm | Report abuse |
  17. jennifer montgomery

As for My Generation, I was interested in seeing how this show would play out too. abc is my usual Thursday night station so I did start to get into it. Its sucks the way things work out sometimes.

October 7, 2010 at 7:59 pm | Report abuse |
  18. jennifer montgomery

BRING BACK UGLY BETTY!!!! Thursday 8:00 was its orignal time slot and should have NEVER been moved then canceled!! I HATE when networks put these shows on, let people get invested in them and then just pull them off the air because the raitings are not very high. Like The Nine, Flash Forward, V and countless others. It is not fair for the people that DO watch these shows. And to end my rant... Ugly Betty was one of my favorit shows. If it had never been moved to Fridays, it would never have lost half its fan base! It should have been left alone, were it was at 8pm on Thursdays before Grey's Anatomy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 7, 2010 at 7:52 pm | Report abuse |
  19. cindy

i could curse i am so mad! i really li ked that show. i could care less to watch abc anymore! they should have canceled
    @*%* my dad says! now that is a horrible show!

October 7, 2010 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Lombardo

Some of you are very easy to please, and I bet most of you that looooved this crap heap have never been to a museum...

October 6, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  21. denise Mirabile

I really enjoyed this show, however, with so many shows coming on at once, this one should have come in a little later in the season. Really thought it was different.

sorry to see it go..................

October 6, 2010 at 10:37 am | Report abuse |
  22. jillmarie

I was hooked! I couldn't wait to see what was going to happen next. Same thing happened with "romantically Challenged" and "Swingtown" for me. I usually watch reality TV because every time I get hooked on a show it gets cancelled! I have to start watching "Modern Family" regularly. That's a great show with no signs of cancellation.

October 5, 2010 at 5:04 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Lombardo

I saw the first one and it blew goat...
    Stereotypical characters, predictable situations, yada, yada, yada...
    No wonder the rest of the US didn't like it.

October 5, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Sarah

I really liked this show...I saw potential for it to be a big hit! Unfortunately not enough people thought to same! I'm bummed to see it go!

October 5, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  25. khocolatemoose

Dearest Megan,

This is a free country, and I am only inviting people to join in on the conversation, not forcing them. If you don't want to, that's just fine with me, but there's no need to be rude, so don't.

KM

October 5, 2010 at 3:52 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Megan

Thank goodness. It was a sappy, unoriginal show based on Breakfast Club stereotypes.

October 5, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  27. Julie

Man, I liked that show! Made me wonder where all the kids are that I graduated with and also reminded me of all the things that have happened since I graduated high school. Although, most of them were bad, Sept 11, the next great depression...so maybe the reminders weren't so good... ah well...

October 5, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
  28. Kerry

This show was horrible. It was one cliche after another – absolutely nothing original about it.

October 5, 2010 at 11:28 am | Report abuse |
  29. misslucyfur

i couldn't tell if it was a reality show or a drama when i saw the ads for it.

October 5, 2010 at 10:54 am | Report abuse |
  30. s

@cheefsfury.... Not everyone can afford a dvr idiot

October 5, 2010 at 10:44 am | Report abuse |
  31. Deep End Fan

I would rather they bring back Deep End. I saw "My Generation" going no where fast!

October 5, 2010 at 10:32 am | Report abuse |
  32. khocolatemoose

Since I graduated high school ten years ago, I was interested in seeing how this show played out, but the networks are too crowded nowadays. There are too many new shows at too many new time slots; it's hard to keep up with them all. Perhaps they should concentrate on a handful of shows instead of throwing as many as they can our way. Just an idea.

Feel free to add to the conversation about films at http://khocolatemoose.wordpress.com/

We'd love to hear what you have to say, and often.

KM

October 5, 2010 at 8:49 am | Report abuse |
  33. katherine

I really had high hopes for this show!! guess there was not enough "drama" to grab the viewers in the 1st episode! Every show that is marketed for my age group gets canceled! sigh.....

October 4, 2010 at 11:19 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Elle

I liked the show. It had lots of potential of ways to go. I am sad it is gone... it could have turned into another "FRIENDS".

October 4, 2010 at 11:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • B

Good thing it was cancelled before it turned into that then. What a terrible show. I mean, if you watch old episodes now it's impossible to figure out why it was so popular.

October 5, 2010 at 9:28 am | Report abuse |
  35. Leslie

I was really looking forward to this show, but putting on Thursday night was a BAD move. I only watch NBC on Thursday night (The Office, 30 Rock, The Apprentice), and with Big Bang Theory on Thursdays, why on earth would you start a new show on Thursday night? How 'bout Monday night?

October 4, 2010 at 9:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • Dustin

I have to agree with Leslie. I was going to watch it to, but the one religious TV habit I have is NBC's Comedy Night, with FX's It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia afterward. If this had been on any other night I would have tuned in because it seemed promising, but I'm not going to stop watching NBC on Thursdays until every show on their Comedy block gets canned [with the exception of Outsourced, I could give or take that one and miss Parks and Recreation].

October 4, 2010 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • B

Probably because The Big Bang Theory is the worlds most annoying and un-funny show. Props to The Office though.

October 5, 2010 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  36. nina

Sound like a pretty boring and blan premise for a show – a group of people who went to highschool together 10 years ago.

there's not even the diversity of the Breakfast club in that cast photo.

October 4, 2010 at 9:22 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Caesarsgirl79

I actually liked the show and saw a lot of potential. I really wanted to see what would happen. Hopefully they will at least show the remaining episodes.

October 4, 2010 at 8:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • Riva

I liked it to. It was the only reason I started tuning back in to ABC. Now we're stuck with the overrated shows already on. If that show about the superhero family last longer the whole network should get canned.

October 9, 2010 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • Riva

October 9, 2010 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  38. cheefsfury

IT GOT CANNED CUZ IT WAS A BAD SHOW

October 4, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Tracy

Do you think it could have been due to the extremely negative and whiny ad campaign that promoted the show? My first exposure to the show came from a roadside billboard which featured the quote "Dad, I'm not paying for your mistakes anymore" stretched across a picture of a sullen-looking dude moping in a bar with a glass of whiskey in his hand and all I could think was "Ewwww, I'll be avoiding that like the plague." Who wants to spend an hour watching a bunch of young, unseasoned actors crying the blues about how disappointing life is?

October 4, 2010 at 6:21 pm | Report abuse |
    • Riva

I hate ABC for pulling this I actually liked and looked forward to this show every week.....This show wasn't a disappointment, ABC is!

October 9, 2010 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Hershey

I really liked this show. I graduated high school in 2000 and the characters remind me of people I knew. You suck ABC!!!!

October 19, 2010 at 1:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Leigha

I am not a big fan of television but this is one show that kept me wanting more. I am close in age with the young adults in the show and can say that i really related to the story in a big way. This is the reason a lot of people stop watching TV for they like a certain show to see it cancelled for another that is just like all the rest. Maybe, the show is so unique that if ABC gave it a fitting chance it could have been a start to something new. Oh, yeah thats America for ya everyone wants the same thing as everybody else; Doctor shows (how many do we have now?), Cop shows, Housewives who sleep with anyone in the neighborhood, Reality shows that suck (might as well be DDR). Not everyone likes the same thing as everyone else so maybe ABC should look into their target market for a new way to look at television through "My Generation", BRING IT BACK>>>>>>>

November 22, 2010 at 10:40 pm | Report abuse |