LL Cool J sits down for interview with his daughter
October 4th, 2010

LL Cool J sits down for interview with his daughter

LL Cool J’s latest interview is basically the textbook definition of "cute."

The rapper/actor recently sat down for a Q & A with his 10-year-old daughter Nina for Redbook to talk movies, music and what items make the best gifts.

The "NCIS" star, whose real name is James Todd Smith, was questioned on his favorite movie (“Star Wars”) and favorite Miley Cyrus song ("'Party in the USA.' It's a real fun song. I just wish my name were in it,” he said.)

Playing the role of interviewer, Nina expressed her delight with her father’s TV role.

“I love to watch you on TV,” she told her dad. “Do you ever get scared to do that action stuff on ‘NCIS’?”

“I actually enjoy it — you just can't be Mr. Macho,” he responded. “I do about 90 percent of my own stunts, and the things I can't do for insurance reasons, like swinging out of a flying helicopter, I wouldn't want to do anyway.”

The savvy pre-teen also put in a pitch for some gifts she’d like if she gets "all A's" on her report card this year.

"I expect you to get all A's. Why would I get you a present," LL responded. Nina pressed, "that's my question - you're supposed to answer it! I'd like an iPad, a new phone, or a puppy. So what would it be?"

LL told his 10-year-old, "I think it's obvious we grew up in different neighborhoods. I would take you out for ice cream."

1. great seo

I've been surfing online more than 3 hours nowadays, but I by no means discovered any fascinating article like yours. It is beautiful worth enough for me. Personally, if all web owners and bloggers made good content as you probably did, the web will be a lot more useful than ever before.

June 6, 2012 at 10:11 pm | Report abuse |
  2. ILL SON

CHECK OUT ILL SON @ http://www.reverbnation.com/illsonforever

June 30, 2011 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
  3. K

Love to see my people being positive and representing their race so well. Proud of you both. God Bless!

October 4, 2010 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Posh-Kenneth

@K- What race is that? The Indy 500, the human race...? It's annoying to see people always bringing in the race card. Can't we just be happy for the dude because he's successful, not because he's BLACK and successful? I mean, I'm black too but I'm not running around like "OH Oprah, so good to see you representing your race so well"... if you make the distinction so will everyone else.

October 5, 2010 at 8:14 am | Report abuse |
    • LoopsFroot

@Posh-Kenneth, thank you for pointing that out. I can't stand it. It's like being graded. Let's just be happy for the man, regardless of his race.

October 5, 2010 at 9:40 am | Report abuse |
  4. Ms Smith

What a cute little girl! She looks like him a bit too.

October 4, 2010 at 6:33 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Jay the Athiest

Adam Carolla is my lord and savior

October 4, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Head Diva In Charge

LL Cool J was the first "rap guy" my Mom let me listen too! I STILL listen today. Good for you for lasting all these years! Guess that is what happens when you have real talent.

October 4, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |