Brittany from 'Glee' can thank Beyonce
October 1st, 2010

Brittany from 'Glee' can thank Beyonce

Gleeks are still praising Heather Morris' dancing skills on the Britney/Brittany episode of  "Glee," but many don't even realize that they have probably seen them before.

Prior to becoming the lovably clueless cheerleader on the hit Fox show, Morris was showing off her moves as a back-up dancer for superstar  Beyonce.  Morris toured with the singer for a year and a half, and it was her "Single Ladies" moves which first caught the attention of  "Glee" producers, who brought her in to teach the steps for one of the first season's episodes.

Click here to watch Morris and Beyonce put their hands up as "Single Ladies."

Post by:
Filed under: Glee • television

1. chrisk

I can't believe all of you actually watch such a stupid show. What a waste of a hour.

October 1, 2010 at 4:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • U R Right

I guess this is what America wants?? Totally unrealistic unwatchable cr*p! What HS is like this?!

October 1, 2010 at 5:23 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Joey

HOTTER THAN THE ORIGNAL BRITNEY!!!

October 1, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  3. glen124

Not my favorite episode by far, but Brittany S. Pierce ("we have the same name") is one of my faves; love her one-liners. I just hope Glee finds a way to bring back Kristin Chenoweth for more guest appearances!!!

October 1, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
  4. 007

She was FIERCE!! I have watched it like 10 times!

October 1, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Miss.mascara

I knew they were doing Britney Spears but didnt expect it to be as awesome as it was. They did Madonna & Gaga but this episode blew that out of the h2O. I was just expecting it to becthe brunette who is talented definately but ppl will start to get bored if shes always the lead. I was truly blown
    away when Britney did the first performance. I actually went back and watched the original Slave for u video & Glee's was much more exciting. I say it now, this girls gonna be a STAR.

I've often wondered how Glee would be able to continue keeping it fresh and original but now I see they know what they're doing. They're saving the hidden talent they have to keep up the awesomeness throughout the season.
    I was sort of surprised they didn't include the other adorable blonde chick. (can't remember her name) I didn't watch until after she was pregnant, did she do more b4 that?

I have no doubt they're gonna let most of them have their chance to shine. Or at least the ones with the biggest star potential.

This is an amaIng show. Oh and I can't forgot to mention Britney S Pearce' ABS!!!! Omg!!! She can dance and I'm so jealous!!

One more thing:
    I LOVED the clip where B told her her breathe smelled really good. You could she her genuine laughter there. To me- makes her one liners even better. Go Back & watch that part. Omg, not a huge glee fan til this episode. But wow.

Oh and while I'm at it: I love that they can joke about otherwise taboo topics. The wheelchair??? The "Pat" football coach and not to forget the cheerleading coach's assistant!!! They can get away with anything & give ppl of ALL kinds a chance to laugh. Brilliant. Brilliant

October 1, 2010 at 3:08 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Shay

I think they should let mercades sing more instead of jus the high notes @ the end. I think they should let artie get the hell out of that chair and walk( ITS TV MAKE IT HAPPEN). Kurt is gay as hell give him more parts.

October 1, 2010 at 3:06 pm | Report abuse |
  7. kas

I read that she was originally used as a choreographer for some of the moves on the show...and does nobody remember she was on "So You Think You Can Dance"?

October 1, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  8. MG

Hmm... Why should she have to thank Beyonce? Sure, having the opportunity to work with Beyonce gave her the exposure which, apparently, got the attention that landed her the role. But did she not earn that position as one of those dancers with her talent, skill and hard work? Has the Britney/Brittany episode of Glee not shown that she deserves what she has earned?

BTW, for those too blind to notice, she's a beautiful woman.

October 1, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Cantu

You hit it on the head. I 100% agree with you. She's friggin hot. And her face is just unique, that's all.

October 1, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
  9. LgMcB

Love her! Her ditzy one-liners are awesome... :)

October 1, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  10. Ki Ki

She has always been one of the dancers on the show, but this was amazing. I am loving her comedic one liners too. The way she delivers them so innocently. She is my favorite.

October 1, 2010 at 1:52 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Posh-Kenneth

@jerv and the_dude-I'm sure niether of you look any better.

On a side note, she can really dance. I wasn't impressed by the episode but i was by her dancing.

October 1, 2010 at 1:35 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Ituri

Why would they wait until the SECOND season to give this girl a dance part??? I've wondered if the writers were stupid before, now I think I have my answer.

For some reason I keep watching the show, but I complain every episode. Like about Kurts big "gay rage" episode near the end of season 1. They pump him up, get him mad, give him a GREAT song and dance... and then, daddy just happens to walk in and "fix" everything at the end of the episode. Let him fester, let him get complicated as a character! Geez... and give Artie more parts worthy of his talent, that kid can outsing EVERY male on the show.

October 1, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brooke

@ituri- i agree completely. They have the enormously un-used talents on their show because they're too busy focusing on the Rachel & Finn\ Will & Emma show. In my opinion the "secondary" characters on the show have more appeal and talent, I find myself after every episode sighing and saying "I wish there was more of BLANK in this episode and less of Rachel". Lea Michelle is a great actress but her character never changes or learns anything, she just does the same stupid crap over and over. Its annoying but god help me... I love this show.

October 1, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Jerv

She looks like that female alien from Star Trek, the one with those big freaky eyes.

October 1, 2010 at 1:26 pm | Report abuse |
  14. ryan

What is glee about?

October 1, 2010 at 12:44 pm | Report abuse |
  15. the_dude

she is weird looking...just sayin

October 1, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  16. Raymond

She did appear? Wow, i didn't notice that comin.

October 1, 2010 at 11:01 am | Report abuse |