Christopher Nolan on board for another 'Batman'
September 30th, 2010

Christopher Nolan on board for another 'Batman'

It’s a move that even Christopher Nolan admits everyone was assuming would come to pass eventually. The filmmaker, who had everyone’s heads spinning this summer with “Inception,” will take the reigns of the next “Batman” movie as well.

"It’s becoming inevitable, I’ll put it that way," Nolan said in an interview with Empire. "I feel myself falling into it, I guess. And getting it all figured out and I’m pretty excited about what we’re doing so… If I haven’t announced it, I think that people probably all know at this point that I’m doing it."

Nolan, who helmed both “Batman Begins” and “The Dark Knight,” has already started working on the script with Jonathan Nolan (who also wrote the screenplay for 2008's "Dark Knight"). The movie is tentatively slated for a July, 2012 release.

Filed under: Celebrities • movies

1. dasty

what movie?

Watch Online movies free

October 10, 2010 at 7:40 pm | Report abuse |
  2. T

Definitely looking forward to another Batman movie since the last installment, The Dark Knight.
    First movie Batman Begins was very good, the second was excellent and the third better TOP the last one to make a nice trilogy set should Nolan and Bale decide to leave afterwards. Question: Who would be the big bad villain in the third one ? Black Mask ? Riddler ? Catwoman ?

Plus, anyone out there want to see a Batman/Superman team-up movie ?

October 5, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Got2Be

I'm hoping for Black mask. and as an avid comic book reader, i'd want Hush (aka Tommy Elliott) in the next movie if not black mask. i find hush one of the most interesting villians considering his history with Bruce, behind the mask. also, if they bring in Hush, Nolan will most likely go deeper into the story to Thomas and Martha Wayne and the Elliotts'.

also, there's a bunch of animated superman/ batman movies, like the recent Superman/ Batman: Apocalypse
      but a live-action film with S and B– i'm not really crazy about that. interesting but i'm afraid it wouldn't work very well.

October 15, 2010 at 5:41 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Ronnye j

I think he is a great director and weiter i mean to be able to adapt a comic into movie and make it look realistic like if it would to be possible in a way...Batman is de greatest hero if u reAlly think Bout it and its great to have another movie comin up directed by a great director christopher nolan

October 5, 2010 at 1:37 am | Report abuse |
  4. Jim Bob

The new Batman movies suck like the new James Bond & Superman. No fun anymore, just violence.

October 1, 2010 at 8:26 am | Report abuse |
  5. Me

I know he's the director-writer but he's so darn good-looking, he could be the star.

September 30, 2010 at 5:15 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Wobbles

You know, I wonder what villian will be in this one...riddler? cat woman? penguin? Maybe one we havent seen in a film?

September 30, 2010 at 4:53 pm | Report abuse |
  7. khocolatemoose

There are few directors whose entire body of work I admire, but Christopher Nolan is one of them. I've enjoyed all of his films. Who knew that you could add a thin undertone of realism to Batman and it would work so well; he made a comic book hero accessible, and in many ways, real. I'll definitely see this film multiple times.

Also, feel free to add to the conversation about films at http://khocolatemoose.wordpress.com/

We'd really love to hear what you think in a comment, and often.

Best,