Josh Holloway joins 'Mission: Impossible 4'
September 29th, 2010

Josh Holloway joins 'Mission: Impossible 4'

Getting a post-"Lost" gig was clearly not an issue for Josh Holloway. The 41-year-old actor is joining the fourth “Mission: Impossible" movie, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

Although Holloway's popped up in a few indies, it’s the actor’s first studio picture. He's currently in final negotiations to appear in the film as a member of a secret agent task force headed up by "M:I" star Tom Cruise.

Holloway joins an ever-growing cast, which already includes Jeremy Renner, Paula Patton, Vladimir Mashkov, Ving Rhames and Simon Pegg.

J.J. Abrams, who served as an executive producer on "Lost," is also producing "M:I-4" along with Cruise and Paula Wagner. The production team has reportedly been scouting locations in Vancouver, Prague and Dubai, and are aiming for a December, 2011 release.

Filed under: Casting Chronicles • Celebrities • Lost • movies • television

1. Balram

Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with some pics to drive the message home a little bit, but other than that, this is excellent blog. A great read. I'll definitely be back.

March 2, 2011 at 5:16 am | Report abuse |
  2. qwkuy

movies

November 20, 2010 at 7:17 pm | Report abuse |
  3. Tkane

Huhhh Tom...i am very happy to see him im MI4 'gig'. I am very much excited to see him with bollywood superstar Mr Kapoor.. waiting for the day...thanks

November 16, 2010 at 2:48 pm | Report abuse |
  4. nicerty

Golmaal 3

November 15, 2010 at 7:28 pm | Report abuse |
  5. snart

Latest movies online

October 1, 2010 at 3:42 pm | Report abuse |
  6. Puddle

He should play a bad guy. A rich Euro-trash bad guy.

October 1, 2010 at 12:49 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Sarazar

I've never see any of the MI's but I can't wait to see this one! Love Josh!

September 30, 2010 at 12:32 pm | Report abuse |
  8. ladyrat26

He's the only reason I'd go see MI4. Come on now......who wants to Tom Cruise? BLAH..... It will be nice to see Josh Holloway playing a different role/character.

September 30, 2010 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  9. Adam C

I think Josh Holloway would make a perfect Indiana Jones. They should put him in that role for the future rather than that overrated Shia Lebouf.

September 30, 2010 at 11:23 am | Report abuse |
  10. SaintPetersburg

I'm just glad they're giving a russian actor (Mashkov) a chance. I know he was in Behind Enemy Lines, but I feel like there's so many talented russian actors that are way better than their American coutnerparts, yet they dont have as much cross over in hollywood as actors from Australia, Britain, and Ireland.

There are plenty of russian actors that could light up the screen with their charisma. Mashkov is one of them. Howeever, I'm sure his role in this movie won't allow for that.

September 30, 2010 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  11. Jourdan

That pic of him is horrific. I thought he semi-attractive, but he looks like an aged Kid Rock above. Gross. So we have weirdo, over-acting TC and this guy, who was laughable as an actor on early Lost with his skills consisting solely of the smirk/glare combo. This movie sounds like it's going to be really fantastic. Holloway needs to do some indie stuff and hire an acting coach. Obviously his "looks" are going fast.

September 30, 2010 at 9:49 am | Report abuse |
  12. Greg

He's an awful actor. It's pathetic that someone like that can get work after displaying how terrible they are.

September 30, 2010 at 9:19 am | Report abuse |
  13. onyinye

Omg..josh is really charming,imagine him being on the m.i team..i soooooooo must see m.i 4 !!

September 30, 2010 at 9:17 am | Report abuse |
  14. Joe Eagleson

3 was the first good M:I movie. They still haven't come close to reaching the quality of writing or acting that the TV series had, but it's better.

September 30, 2010 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
  15. khocolatemoose

Originally, I felt this film may have been a mistake, but the more I hear about it, the more I'm excited to see it. Great casting.

Please feel free to add to the conversation about films at http://khocolatemoose.wordpress.com/

We'd love to hear what you think, and often.

Best,

KM

September 30, 2010 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
  16. sean

It will be great

September 30, 2010 at 6:00 am | Report abuse |
  17. Debulator

I love my Losties and wish them all well. So glad to hear of this news involving Josh.

September 30, 2010 at 3:31 am | Report abuse |
  18. gail

I love TOM CRUISE! I HAVE ALL 3 PRIOR M I MOVIES LOOKING FORWARD TO NUMBER 4

September 30, 2010 at 12:56 am | Report abuse |
  19. ren

I honest don't know why people trash Tom Cruise, his movies are awesome and he do a great job in all films. Sure, Josh will be great too, I think he is a good choice to be added on MI 4.
    Hey Tom ( I know you are not going to read this, but what about TOp Gun 2 ??? Will be Great !
    Ren

September 30, 2010 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
  20. WiLL

What's up with everybody hating on tom cruise the guys a good actor if anything josh should be honored to work with cruise tom's the man a great actor!

September 30, 2010 at 12:53 am | Report abuse |
  21. Frank

I don't know who this guy is (didn't watch Lost) but that's a great cast! Love Paula, Ving and Simon!

September 30, 2010 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
  22. Mike

I like Tom but he ruined 2 and 3, the first one was great! Mission Impossible was about action and suspense, not how Tom can fall in love. MI is for guys so lets shoot em up and knock them out.

September 30, 2010 at 12:15 am | Report abuse |
  23. Weeeu!

Holloway is cool, will see this movie now!!

September 29, 2010 at 11:40 pm | Report abuse |
  24. Ines

What a gorgeous man, whatever he does I'll watch!

September 29, 2010 at 11:14 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Craig

Holloway grew as an actor during his stint on Lost. From the first season, I'd have never thought he would be able to pull off some of the scenes he did in the last 3 seasons. Good for him.

September 29, 2010 at 10:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • gregk

You're right. Sawyer (Hollaway) was one of my least favorite characters the first couple seasons of Lost but then became one of my favorites the last couple.

September 30, 2010 at 2:14 am | Report abuse |
  26. Suzy

Good for him... No matter what he will always be beautiful eye candy

September 29, 2010 at 10:05 pm | Report abuse |
  27. michelle

i think josh has big shoes to fill. i will go see the movie but i will b expecting grat things from him

September 29, 2010 at 9:24 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Stephanie

I think Tom Cruise is a total wackadoo, but I will go see this for Josh alone...Sigh...He's dreamy.

September 29, 2010 at 9:19 pm | Report abuse |
  29. nateD2000

While I was/am a huge fan of LOST, I never understood what was so great about Holloway. IMO he over acts to the point he was never really believable to me.

September 29, 2010 at 8:41 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Jorge

It doesn't seem like the hottie Maggie Q will be back..she was the best part of part 3!

September 29, 2010 at 7:31 pm | Report abuse |
  31. FromMaine

Great! Finally someone that can act.
    Tom Cruise "SUCKS"! Go Holloway!!

September 29, 2010 at 7:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Soka

I for one say they both are great! I'm looking forward to seeing both!

September 30, 2010 at 11:15 am | Report abuse |
  32. WiseinVA

All I can say is . . poor Tom. He will have to dig waaaaaay deep to compete with Josh's on screen charm.

September 29, 2010 at 6:11 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Jerry E

Never should have had Jim Phelps turn traitor in MI-1

September 29, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • tcf

I agree, that was complete bs, but certainly added some shock factor.

September 30, 2010 at 8:53 am | Report abuse |
    • Jamie

"Never should have had Jim Phelps turn traitor in MI-1"-I agree. Totally wrong.

September 30, 2010 at 10:12 am | Report abuse |
  34. Lee

AWESOME. I love Josh Holloway.

September 29, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
  35. erricka

I need my TOM

September 29, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  36. b badger

i enjoyed part 3, lets hope part 4 will be good.

September 29, 2010 at 3:57 pm | Report abuse |