Was Sarah Palin booed on 'DWTS'?
September 28th, 2010

Was Sarah Palin booed on 'DWTS'?

The “Dancing with the Stars” cameras were focused on Derek Hough and Jennifer Grey Monday night when audible jeers erupted from the audience, leaving some viewers to wonder if the negative reaction was because of Sarah Palin’s appearance on the show.

Co-host Brooke Burke was chatting with Hough and Grey when the disruption started, causing Hough to turn around to look for its source as Burke told the audience, “There’s booing in the ballroom; we don’t know why.” Grey even asked, “Why is there booing?” before the camera cut to Sarah Palin sitting next to Tom Bergeron.

Once Bergeron picked up the interview, Palin was all smiles and the audience behind her seemed calm and collected. She told Bergeron that the experience “is amazing, it’s so exciting, and it’s great to see all of this courage and joy and exuberance,” adding that she was there to root for “Bristol the pistol.”

But it seems like the boos could've been in reaction to Grey’s low score; People reports that the audience may have hoped to see at least a nine instead of a score of consecutive eight's from the judges.

Update 12:25 p.m.: Bergeron backed up reports that it was the scores for Grey's performance and not Sarah Palin's presence that outraged the audience when the "DWTS" host sat down with Jimmy Kimmel. "They felt that Jennifer got screwed, that she should've gotten nines," he explained. The audience is "hammered half the time," anyway, so take their actions with a grain of salt, we suppose.

Filed under: Celebrities • Dancing With The Stars • television

1. Sugiebear

I choked on my ice water when Sarah Palin made the comment about Bristol was going to unload her bullets on DWTS; funny, but I think it was Levi's Johnson (oh too bad that is not his actual last name) that unloaded bullets into Bristol! The comment was so hilarious - it just shows how dumb SP is, to make such a loaded (no pun intended) comment about her daughter.

I used to kind of roll my eyes at the mention of Michael Bolton, but after last week's show I gained respect for him at being such a gentleman in response to Bruno's uncalled for rude behavior - obviously he had some personal beef with Michael Bolton.

With all the free positive publicity ABC is giving Sarah Palin (and the judges fawning over Bristol, who with the exception of a couple of steps, was PULLED along the dance floor by her partner) and Bruno's disgusting behavior, I am no longer watching the show - the only people I am remotely interested in watching are Jennifer Gray and Derek Hough.

October 4, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
  2. LeoVA

I'd prefer to slap Sarah Palin, but booing works from a distance.

October 3, 2010 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  3. Tony

You people are so childish! Did you all have a bowl of "stupid" for breakfast this morning? I bet someone couldnt ask you what time it is without you all making it political! You people are totally ignorant! Whats Bush/Obama/teabaggers have to do with ANY of this??? Please, one of you geniuses tell me that!!!! You dont like Sarah Palin? Fine! She's not in office anymore, so whats your problem???? I assume she has threatened your way of life here in America in some way.....what way was it? Tell everyone EXACTLY how Sarah Palin has threatened your family! You must hate her for a very good reason...what is it? Tell us how she has totally destroyed your family.

September 28, 2010 at 5:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • sheppard

Wow! and you call other folks childish – what's up, did you have two bowls of stupid this AM and now you have a tummy-ache?

September 28, 2010 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Dan Beach

She is not nearly as popular as the "Fox" PAC would like you to believe if there were any women present then she was BOO"D.....Female voters are especially negative about Palin. Fifty-four percent have an unfavorable view of her. No other Republicans tested in this poll had such high negatives among women.

September 28, 2010 at 5:39 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Kcloan

I can't believe this is a news item ... I was watching the show. The boos where for the low score for Derek Hough and Jennifer Grey. It was the best performance of the night !!! If I was there, I would be booing too !!!

September 28, 2010 at 5:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • sheppard

No one has EVER called it a news item. It is on the Entertainment page – and the MarqueeBlog at that. Where do all you 'this isn't real news' people come from?

September 28, 2010 at 5:33 pm | Report abuse |
  6. baileyD3

please guy, this is a dancing contest not a place tu jugde ppl, leave this woman alone. just keep you opinion for yourself, once in the voting boot make ur decision ( just go vote)

September 28, 2010 at 5:02 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Andrea

Any 8th grader average student will have more IQ and sense thatn Sarah Palin. She and the people who supports her will bring shame to the nation in very near future. Wake-up guys and look around you – not within the US but outside as well.

September 28, 2010 at 4:54 pm | Report abuse |
  8. Doug

I loe tea, I know you are trying to show them the truth but they have no idea what is going on in America, their vision is impared. They have been having a staring contest with Obama's colin for the last 2 years!

Rember every Democrat believes:

It is their right to burn bibles, but burning a Koran is a hate crime.

If you don't like Obama's tie you are a racist, but when klan man Robert Byrd said the N word on TV, well it wasn't racism, he is a Democrat, that is why not one Democrat said one negative word about it.

It was tolerance to make a movie about killing Bush and wishing death to him and Palin and their families, but you should be charged with a hate crime if you mention any of Obama's closest assoicates.

September 28, 2010 at 4:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • sheppard

yawwwwwwwwwwn...... you really shouldn't make any remarks about other folks when your posts are filled with hateful (and misspelled remarks). Makes you look stupid..... ahh nevermind

September 28, 2010 at 5:20 pm | Report abuse |
  9. Andrea

I think anybody putting energy into trashing other people are the morons. Go do something good for the world and quit with your boo hooing and disrespecting people. How great are you anyway???? What are your successes??? Try being positive instead of vindictive and cruel. And how is your book coming along or don't you have anything worth writing about?

September 28, 2010 at 4:46 pm | Report abuse |
  10. I love tea

Embarrassed – You clearly don't have a clue. First off, placing all the blame squarely on W. when the Dems controlled the house for much of his tenure in office, and basically didn't do ANYTHING during his last two years so they could run on a platform of change is laughable. And while you bemoan Sarah P's inexperience, you fail to mention that Obama basically spent TWO years as a senator before he started stumping for the big job on a full time basis. Couple that with Obama cutting his teeth in the most corrupt state in the country (when dealing with politics), the fact that Obama didn't keep ANY of his 100 day promises – and the fact that the people WILL speak when they vote to put many new Republicans in office this year, and you'll see that your blind love of Obama is misplaced. Perhaps if HE'D done something other than writing a book to warrant the top position, you'd have a point. But he didn't, and you don't.

Plonk.

September 28, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Merle Hill

I hate to admit I would have booed her as well...I'm so sick of that face and voice...If the R's want to waste their money buying her ghost written books and spending who knows how much money to listen to her crazy rants that's fine but don't encourage her to fake her "family values" on DWTS. Really...If they plan to speak to each family of the other dancers, fine.

September 28, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Mary J

I can't stand Palin, but this article is just making something out of nothing. Good grief.

September 28, 2010 at 4:31 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Doug

Sarah shoots wolves, Democrats murder innocent Americans with thier cars on our highways and with their gangs on our streets.

You decide which is worse, oh and vote it November.

September 28, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • sheppard

OK – I'm willing to admit when I've made a mistake... you are as ignorant and bigoted as you sound...............

September 28, 2010 at 4:29 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Buford

I commend all those bloggers that know Palin was booed and booed bad. But please come November take that distrust all the way to the voting booth and keep people like Palin out of office.

September 28, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Doug

I don't think she should be president but she would be a much better leader than Obama who is purposely destroying America, you would be suprised by how many Democrats openly support it.

At the end of the day SARAH Palin is a better, more decent, honest, fair, kind, compassionate person than every single Democrat in all 50 states, not 57 libs, of America. Democrats don't believe in a god because of the way they conduct their lives, they don't want to have to pay for their liberalism.

September 28, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • sheppard

You can't possibly be as ignorant and bigoted as you sound.... can you? Lumping more than half the country in to your little childish rant makes one wonder though...................

September 28, 2010 at 4:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • dave

"Purposely"? Do you mean purposefully? Like Rupubs blocking any and all legislation just to make the Dems lose 1, regardless if it would be good for the country?
      As per the way you rank her as a person, sounds like you take some really strong drugs.

September 28, 2010 at 4:33 pm | Report abuse |
    • Doug

Awwl, lib lib hurt by the truth once again, for their own happiness they must embrace lies, explains that hateful ideology.

A simple week stay in the redest areas and then the bluest shows the undeniable truth.

September 28, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • sheppard

LOL! There is no one as hateful as sarah.....

September 28, 2010 at 5:17 pm | Report abuse |
  16. the_dude

I wouldn't know because I don't watch that gay show.

September 28, 2010 at 4:24 pm | Report abuse |
  17. I see Russia

Maybe the boos were because they couldn't see russia from the DWTS set.

September 28, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  18. Craig

No doubt the Hollywood bleeding heart liberals that were there in the audience were booking Palin. I am sick of them all. Just stick to entertaining and leave your opinions at home please.

September 28, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • sheppard

Not as sick as we are at your 'no doubt' comments when you 'no doubt' don't actually 'know' nothing. Besides – I don't think the audience was made up of entertainers, moron.

September 28, 2010 at 4:25 pm | Report abuse |
  19. john D

Hey Sarah..Shoot any beautiful wolves lately? Your not qualified to teach my 5 year old so stay out of any leadership role for our country-your not smart enough!

September 28, 2010 at 4:10 pm | Report abuse |
  20. Jimbo99

I'm certain there were boos for Sarah Palin, I read several people vomited after seeing her on DWTS on their fb's, so why not jeers, boos & cat calls ?

September 28, 2010 at 4:09 pm | Report abuse |
  21. bes

Oh, no...they were booing at her, she's ssssssssssssssssssssssssssuch a moron. Go home and spend time with your special needs kid lady and how about teaching the other ones to keep their legs closed in the future. Birstol "the pistol" needs to go back to school and doesn't belong on tv... how about her going home to HER kid. Sheeeesh!!!

September 28, 2010 at 4:06 pm | Report abuse |
  22. PaulC

Who cares? The lamestream media gives her entirely too much airtime and print. In her case less is better.

September 28, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  23. Wakeup

what is this country becoming? People wake up before we are all doom.....I hate judging folks, but Sarah Palin is not the one...face it. She is a folksy nice person

September 28, 2010 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  24. MittRomney

Whats this crap? I AM the LEADER in the clubhouse, why wasn't I invited to cheer someone dancing? Man this Palin crap has to end people. I an the man not her.

September 28, 2010 at 3:53 pm | Report abuse |
  25. Nikki

You all have TOO much time on your hands! Too many messed up ideas and thoughts! Let people be!

September 28, 2010 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • dave

Say what?
      1: You're here too.
      2: Just takes a few seconds really.
      3: You criticize and insult people, then say "Let people be?!?
      (PS: what was it like being in the Crue?)

September 28, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
  26. RushLimberger

Hey Beck , I thought I was going to team with Palin, you paleface, chub. I have more experience dancing around the issues then you. Now say you are sorry, cmon.

September 28, 2010 at 3:39 pm | Report abuse |
  27. CD

did any of you loud mouths watch the show or are you just repeating what you heard? Start thinking and making decisions for yourselves rather than repeating what you heard. IF you watched the show you would have known that the audience booed several times for the judges scores...oh maybe your right....everytime they thought of Sarah they booed....get real

September 28, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • dave

Here's some thinking straight from the heart my friend.
      I'd rather hit myself in the face with a hammer than watch that idiotic show. Seeing a story where people boooo'd Palin caught my eye. IF they didn't, let me take care of that right here: BOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

September 28, 2010 at 3:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leann

Any show that would have a daughter of someone who is popular for creating hate filled accusations without basis and call her a star does not deserve me as a viewer. Sarah Palin is your typical trash that spouts opinions like they are fact. She gets rich off the ignorant and poor that are angry about their station in life. She is just an entertainer like Rush and Beck. When someone can't finish their 1st term as governor, what do you expect?

September 28, 2010 at 4:13 pm | Report abuse |
  28. Simon

Anyone who would turn out to see this idiot show live couldn't possibly have the mental acuity to boo a fellow idiot like Sarah Palin. So I believe the official explanation.

September 28, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  29. Sybil

TO CNN: Cheap trick, CNN: Your misleading "headline" caused me to read this stupid article when there was obviously no confusion about the reason for the boos – at all. Even knowing that, amazing how many people have commented on what DIDN'T happen.... I admit, I'd boo Palin any day, any time – so was disappointed when I found that others hadn't done it for me. Bah!

September 28, 2010 at 3:37 pm | Report abuse |
  30. victoria

Josh – get a job and stop subjecting everyone who reads CNN.COM to your political beliefs. We DON'T care who you voted for. This article is about a fluff television show. Everyone needs to learn to stick to the article at hand and check spelling before they post. No wonder you people are on the computer instead of working!

September 28, 2010 at 3:32 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Snu Snu

I would boo her...after I did her. SNU SNU!

September 28, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  32. GlenBeck

She was scouting the judges for when she and I team up to kick up our heals (on some democrats). I will gracefully slide across the floor with dear Sarah in my arms and we will win this contest and show those Democrats who can dance.

September 28, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  33. Patsy

No one booed SP until Tom walked over there. We could not see that because the cameras were on Jennerfer and Brook. I think, as someone else said, the audience tolerated her as Bristols mom in the audience but Tom should not have highlighted her over other contestents family and friends. DWTS definitely treated her as royalty. On the other hand, I thought Jennifer and Deric should have gotten 9s. Just saying.

September 28, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  34. Dan Beach

Just a quote from someone who watched....Palin (R-Twitter) is really not liked too much out of the umbrella of the "Fox" PAC audience....Laverne
    She got booed, it was definitely for her, the judges faces said it all! Felt bad for Bristol, but not for her mother. When she is not in the company of her divisive friends, she does not stand a chance! They sent a message loud and clear that she was not welcomed in California and to go back to Alaska.

September 28, 2010 at 3:27 pm | Report abuse |
  35. dave

If not, let me cover it now: BOOOOOO!!!!!

September 28, 2010 at 3:25 pm | Report abuse |
  36. General Electric's BIG DOG

They booed the scores. Get over yourself al you pathetic democrats.

September 28, 2010 at 3:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • dave

I'm Independant....

September 28, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ralf the Dog

Most independents and many Republicans don't like her. The only people who do are the far right Tea Party nuts.

September 28, 2010 at 3:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • dave

@Ralph: and those with IQ's.
      Palin and her whole family are a joke. They belong on hokey reality TV shows, not the national spotlight for our politicians. I bet McCain is kicking himself about now!

September 28, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
  37. jae

for all of those who think that this lady wasnt getting booed, what TEA are you drinking. but, I hope and pray that she runs for president, because 2 things will come out of this: 1. she will make everyone vote for President again. 2. she will become president and I want to see the blogs then from you TEABAGGERS.

September 28, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  38. Foxagenda

It was Fox pushing it's republican agenda again. Were any of the other contestants allowed to go home to mommy? Fox is so blatantly biased that they are now pressing their agenda on one of TV's most popular shows. That was me booing last night. Shame on you Fox!

September 28, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Belinda

I watched it and the booing started after the scores were read. First the interview, then the scores, then the booing. It happened in that order...why is this news again?? what is the big deal?? OK...no more politicians on the the show; will that fix the nonsense?

September 28, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  40. SPalin

I told Bristol to just quit, like I did when I was governor, that way she can milk every last second of her 15 minutes of fame and make a lot of miney, like me.

September 28, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
  41. sal

John McCain's daughter has said everything there is to be said about Sarah Palin that her father did not have the guts to say. Except for the idiot tea baggers I think most of the USA knows what Palin is about, self- promoting. Whether it is camping with Kate Gosslin or sitting in the audience of DWTS...she is a goon who thinks her smug look and wink fools most of America.....that is why she was booed...people are not dumb enough to think she was just as interested mom...go back to Wassila

September 28, 2010 at 3:16 pm | Report abuse |
  42. SarahPalinisaTwit

...@Betty Philips...I don't envy anybody that wallows in their own filth. And Sarah Palin wallows in her own filth.

September 28, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
  43. PARROT

WHAT A REPUGNANT FIGURE !!!

September 28, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  44. Slambone

Palin's a knob.

September 28, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Help Here

Hey Guys, will you visit SaveStan.ORG a friend of mine with 4 young babies is fighting for his life...... Thanks

September 28, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  46. lanimom

VOTE THE KID OFF SO THAT'S ONE LESS PLACE TO HAVE TO SEE, READ ABOUT OR HEAR SARAH PALIN!!!!!!!

September 28, 2010 at 3:10 pm | Report abuse |
  47. Adolf in Germany

Achtung. Nazi and Commie/Socialist and Liberal do not mix. We (Nazi) are far far right, like Ms. Palin.

September 28, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
    • j

Didn't they take care of a bunch of you at the Nuremberg Trials? Apparently not.

September 28, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  48. luvstheblues

Whenever the judges give a score that the audience doesn't agree with, the audience boos, WHEN THE SCORE IS ANNOUNCED, not a minute later. The audience cheered when the scores were given, then began booing towards the end of the interview with Jennifer Grey. You can spin it all you want, the audience was booing $arah . And she had better get used to it.

September 28, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  49. Keno

So Jennifer Gray, who knows how to dance, got 3 8's. Bristol Palin, who cannot dance, got two 7's and an 8. If you saw the two dances you would have seen the obvious difference in ability. Clearly Bristol got some favoritism from the judges cuz her Mom was there. This isn't an anti-Pailn thing, it's me noting a clear bit of favoritism on the part of the judges.

September 28, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Rita

You’re wasting your time if you are trying to convince Palin haters that the crowd was booing the score. These are the same rejects that still insist that it was Palin that said “I can see Russia from my house” when it was actually Tina Fey doing a skit on SNL.

September 28, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • j

Plenty of more sound bytes to attribute to that nut job. And imitation begins with a source.

September 28, 2010 at 3:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rita

Yep, reject j,….and the only source or sound bite you are going to find is Palin saying that you can see parts of Russia from areas of Alaska…WHICH IS A FACT!!!!!

September 28, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ralf the Dog

"They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska."

September 28, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ralf the Dog

@ Rita,

She was saying she was qualified to be VP because you could see Russia from Alaska.

September 28, 2010 at 3:29 pm | Report abuse |
  51. aklucia

I am an Alaskan and I can assure you most of us think she is an embarrassing whack job. We are as sick of her as all of you are!

September 28, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  52. carlos

all tea tards, get in line to get your coffee enema, that will clean your brain and continue the dosage for a year......

September 28, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  53. j

Hope it was for her. She is a moron and the party that put her on the ticket must have been smoking something. Can we just forget about this woman and quit giving her jobs and encouragement? And once her kid is kicked off this show can we forget about her white trash family too?

September 28, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Susan

Oh my-a close one! I suppose the audience wasn't pre screened to make sure they all adore the gov! At first it sounded llike the liberal gottcha media had set her up-wouldn't put it past those nazi/ commie/ socialist!!!! Seriously , if the audience had booed her I would not apporve although I would understand the feelings behind such sentiments.......

September 28, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  55. Jerry

Whether you like Sarah Palin or not, admit it that she is drawing attention wherever she goes. That is until you stop talking about her, and the cameras stop getting a glimpse of her, the interviews never happen, etc. DWTS is not a politcal show and she is just there to cheer for her daughter just like everyone else will do. It is us who brings politics to the show. So stop it. If the audience booed because of her presence and interview, what a cheap crowd DWTS attracts. So get it over with, people. Sarah Palin still attracts attention. Does that tell you something? You bet.

September 28, 2010 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
  56. ficheye

The 'thrillah' from Wasilla. Personally, I can't wait to see if Palin gets elected President. This country is in the toilet already... all we need is someone like her to grab the handle and FLUSH it. The real indicator that we should be watching is how many people are perfectly willing to let someone who knows so little control so much. We are no longer a great nation. A great nation is comprised of a large number of great people. Who are educated. And know how to spell.

September 28, 2010 at 2:58 pm | Report abuse |
  57. parkcitychica

Yes she was and why are we surprised???? After all the President of our Country – with all of the destruction he has caused – doesn't know how to fix it so instead he goes after a television station saying they are bad for the future of the Country. No Mr. President – you are bad because you are incapable of being focused, visionary, and more than anything – you don't know how to lead. All you can do is campaign – get a bunch of sheep to cheer and jeer and be rude. Congrats – in every way possible – you've pushed us to the bottom of the barrel!!!

September 28, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • veritas

And this comment, ladies and gentlemen, shows why you should NEVER, EVER, EVER marry your sister, not even if you are from the South. You'll end up with offspring that make idiotic remarks like this and worse yet they'll all vote repug. Sarah Palin deserves to be booed where ever she goes!

September 28, 2010 at 3:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • sheppard

Pretty sure you were already at the bottom of the gene pool.....................

September 28, 2010 at 4:23 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Bubba in Alabama

Sayra Pylin es a smrt purson, she wood due annythng fur annybuddy if she cud. She showd me how to fyin Russa frum my frnt porsch. You shul vot fur her.

September 28, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  59. baba

i'd boo her too. she is the gayest witch of all. ding dong the witch comes back, and bores our minds, with dumb batch smiles..

September 28, 2010 at 2:56 pm | Report abuse |
  60. 1jimmyhoffa

OH MY!!!!! I HOPE NOT, SHE IS SO SMART AND DID I SAY SMART

September 28, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  61. G SMITH

Sarah Palin is smarter them most of you, she is definetly smarter then President Obama and she would be a GREAT President. The liberal Media are make something out of nothing. They are a bunch of hateful idiots.

September 28, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • carlos

g smith.........I think all of you teatards should be given a coffee enema, that will clean up your brain.....

September 28, 2010 at 3:02 pm | Report abuse |
    • ficheye

The liberal media? Which is mostly owned by conservatives? Who want to make a buck so they print what sells.... you mean THAT media? Oh. I'm glad you have a clue. Because if you didn't we'd all be in deep trouble. Ed-yoo-ma-cate us some more. We "probally misunderestimated the whole sit-chee-a-tion."

September 28, 2010 at 3:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • sheppard

Right on you two! smithie likes to spread the 'liberal media' sound byte – without even knowing (see a trend here?) the truth – that the media-outlets are over-whelming owned by conservatives.

September 28, 2010 at 4:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • Rose

Well said!! Most of these people calling Sarah ignorant are showing thier ignorance! Talk about trailer trash...this is exacly what I am hearing from these individuals bashing Sarah. Even if they don't think she should run for office there is not excuse for the name calling that I'm reading. Come on people...grow up! If that makes me self righeous to believe in decency, so be it. I want my mother to be proud of what comes out of my mouth.

September 28, 2010 at 4:57 pm | Report abuse |
    • sheppard

Rose – your mother would be proud of what you said in your earlier post? You know, the one where YOU decide who is a 'real' American? No offense – but you're a hypocrite. As long as you are spouting, it's OK – anyone who disagrees with you is unAmerican = hypocrite, sweetie. What are you, 15?

September 28, 2010 at 7:12 pm | Report abuse |
  62. carlos

chad and ss.........this time dig your holes a lot deeper and they should be covered with mud.....freaking ignorants.......and look at my post above.......I am a Viet Nam Vet, Coronel, very proud to have served my country and to that omsmith, you are ????, but first thank you for your service, I have shaken the hands of Presidents Kennedy at Fort Bragg, Carter at Atlanta, Clinton also in Atlanta and I would proudly salute my Commander In Chief President Obama, any of you posting here show me your service, if any, otherwise S T F U

September 28, 2010 at 2:46 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Rose

I am amazed over and over again by how so many Americans can be so blind. If being a common person or a person from humble origins is so bad, we would have to wonder how someone like Abraham Lincoln could be fit to be president. I shudder at the thought of what will become of our great land should the present leader continue to be in power. It's time for TRUE Americans stand up and be heard. We The People need to take back our country. I hope that God Will Bless America and I hope that America Will Bless God!

September 28, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • sheppard

You are comparing sarah to Lincoln??? NOW we know what kinda folks support her! No surprise there..... LOL!

Humble beginnings have nothing to do with anything. I can't abide a moron, I don't care if she is from Alaska or from a pent-house in Manhattan.

September 28, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • sheppard

and PS – what gives YOU the right to decide who is or is not a true American? It's that kind of talk that proves YOU are not. How self-righteous can you get...........................

September 28, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  64. John McCain

She is a very attractive woman and its nice to see her cheering on her daughter. But, I still think she is a half-witted, idiotic, hate-spreading bigot.

September 28, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • PROUD REPUBLICAN

I know now where all the losers who voted for Barrack Obama spend their time at. Sarah Palin for President and that can happen. I bet all you liberals will love that.

September 28, 2010 at 3:15 pm | Report abuse |
    • sheppard

ahh 'proud' – did your lil feelings get hurt?

September 28, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  65. warytraveler

I was saying "boourns".

September 28, 2010 at 2:44 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Rock God

Palin is the Queen of the Morons.

September 28, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Spydah

Sarah Pain in the White House? Whooaa Nellie!! That would be the third right-winger holding this position that can't put two words together to even begin to form a sentence. No thought processes going on in those heads. The first being Reagan followed by George W. Nancy made the big decisions for Ronnie, everyone knows that. George W.? Well, there's really no reason for that one. He just winged it and put our govt. back 50 years. Everyone now thinks we should have been out of the hole these guys put us all through in less than 2 years. That ain't happening folks..., that just ain't gonna happen.

September 28, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
  68. demo joe

She was there to make a show. AND YES they did boo her.... this is a family show – who else were they booing surly not the little girl – it was her crazy mother – who cannot stay out of camera view. She is after $ and over shadowing her daughter. Go home and stay with your spouse and special need child. He needs you dummy.

September 28, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Dan

Sarah Palin is so unintelligent she makes George Bush look like a genius

September 28, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Really?

Who cares?

September 28, 2010 at 2:39 pm | Report abuse |
  71. phil

Again, the Republicans 'blaming' something else OTHER than reality! Of course it was Sarah getting booed! The scores were given and shown 5 seconds before that occurred! Stop crying, Repubs!....

September 28, 2010 at 2:33 pm | Report abuse |
  72. grindingwiththestars

i booed jennifer for not 'dirty dancing'

September 28, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
  73. JLA

DWTS was the #1 show watched last week they thanked everyone for that last night. It's funny how you people are so quick to judge someone. Everyone is drawing their own conclusions of the booing I watched the show and they were booing the scores I feel for certain We have all made mistakes in our lives so therefore, leave Bristol alone all people do is bash her I'm sure some of you have done much worse. You people are so affraid of Sara Palin it is so obvious by the comments. Democrates are the ones that are really fearful why don't you'll read her book and listen to some of the things that she has done in her life. She is more qualified than OBAMA any given day.

September 28, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
  74. wefwefqwef

I would have hucked my shoe at her.

September 28, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Zizy

I used to watch this show it used to be good. NOT anymore. Bristol P is not a star. Why is she there. The situation my god he is spreading desease all over the place. Why has Bristol not been voted of the show. Why is Sarah there? go home take care of your retard son. Take care of your family LOOSER! It wont be soon enough when I dont hear the Palin name.
    The country has become crazy for retards.

September 28, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Gretchen

Hmmmm...I not certain why the audience was booing. But if it was about Sarah Palin they ceratinly couldn't keep it quiet considering the amount of audience members. Someone would have spoken up by now and said it was about Sarah, if it had been about her. They can't control that amount of people who are not employees.

September 28, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
  77. JJ

Amazing people with little sense read this if they truly think it was Sarah getting booed. If you want to start booing Nancy is a far better one to get those.

September 28, 2010 at 2:23 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Dave

Only Republican voters could want this lunatic as president.

September 28, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  79. carlos

it was not the first time she was booed and can not wait for the next thousands of times she will again be booed........Bristol the Pistol, her new name by the hag as said in the interview. nice connotation, stupid.

Why interview her and not the relatives of the other contestants, why the pandering by ABC, she is nothing, therefore should be treated as such,

September 28, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Head Diva In Charge

I really believe that Sarah was booed, although, the show certainly can't admit or support that behavior. Hopefully, Bristol will get sent home this week, I mean she was one of the not so great ones (along with Bolton and sadly, The Situation). I just don't want to have to deal with the Palin clan on t.v. to much (not to get all political or anything).

September 28, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  81. shirley

Please Jennifer dancing was not that good they were booing Palin so stop the lying.

September 28, 2010 at 2:18 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Karen

@Josh Obama wasn't/isn't qualified wither now look what is happening....One beg mess.

September 28, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Wayne

Excellent work CNN... Way to carry a story that twists the story with a headline that makes Sarah Palin look bad. I am sure the President will give you a nice pat on the back for carrying his water...

September 28, 2010 at 2:09 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Modern

I think the old man is playing politics. I don't know why he gave an eight for Palin. She does not deserve even a 6. Everyone play politics this is is not a teaparty.

September 28, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  85. omsmith

As a retired officer of the US Army I am glad Obama is not my Commander in Chief!

September 28, 2010 at 2:08 pm | Report abuse |
  86. sharon

Obama has more political experience than Palin. She was a city councillor in Wasilla from 199 to 1996 (four years), mayor of Wasilla from 1996 to 2002 (five years) and governor for less than two years. A total of 11 years.

President Obama was in the Illinois Senate from 1997 to 2004 (seven years), a U.S. senator for four years, and has been President for two years. A total of 13 years.

BTW being a city councillor in Wasilla (population 10,000) is a part time job in a little hick town.

September 28, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
  87. John

SARAN PALIN is UNQUALIFIED to run for dog catcher. People in ALASKA make fun of Saran Palin she nothing but a big joke.

September 28, 2010 at 2:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jared

You are obviously not a resident of Alaska to make an idiotic comment such as that. People in Alaska LOVE Sarah Palin. As do MANY people in the rest of the country. The Lib-tards all hate her because she will not be as kind to those who just want the government to fork everything over at no cost.

Your Messiah had put this country into a debt that our Great-Great-Great-Great Grandchildren will STILL be paying for when they hit the working force. Let's just keep giving hand-outs to all of the unqualified, ignorant, fools of society, and make the wealthy pay for it. That sounds fair.

September 28, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  88. DNA

*I* was saying "boo-urns"

September 28, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
  89. MODERATOR

Love how the only the Sarah bashers are allowed to post... Freedom of speech, the libs can't stand it if you don't agree with them. You are all hypocrites!

September 28, 2010 at 1:51 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Jeremy

The plural of the word "eight" is "eights" and not "eight's." Adding the apostrophe makes the word possessive, and I do not believe an eight can possess anything. Certainly, in the context of the sentence it does not. Grammar; it's not that hard.

September 28, 2010 at 1:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Seymour

Pointing out your superior grasp of word usage and basic grammar adds nothing to the subject at hand. You could just read the comments, which you should have no problem understanding. It's really not that hard.

September 28, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  91. cesan

No, the audience has never booed like that EVER. We all know what it was for–no need to make up stories, Bergeron. I just feel sorry for the daughter. Sarah is just so fake. She really put on a fake show for DWTS. How awful!

September 28, 2010 at 1:44 pm | Report abuse |
  92. liz

You all , Sarah Palin's hater get a grip of yourselves.I don't understand of so much hate. Are you any better than her. Keep your hate to yourself, what has she done wrong , nothing .... just expressing herself. You haters are just jealous of her success and popularity. There is always evil in some peoples mind if somebody gets ahead.
    Do something nice to your community and other people , then you will be bless.

Stop being a hate mongers.

September 28, 2010 at 1:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nc

And just what exactly "good" things has Ms. Palin done?

Had her ex-brother-inlaw fired from his job perhaps?

Quote us something, honey –or stop calling us "evil" for stating the truth about her.

The only good that I can see is that she quit being Governor of Alaska and gave her state a break.

September 28, 2010 at 2:49 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Tina

I am so sick of Sarah Palin!!! When will she go away!!!

September 28, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  94. glen124

I'd boo Palin. Last year when I went to Alaska, even people in Juneau were laughing at her........

September 28, 2010 at 1:34 pm | Report abuse |
  95. jj

Ddin't see it. Spent my time more productively watching The Event.

September 28, 2010 at 1:31 pm | Report abuse |
  96. silver

Palin is an embarrassment. Plus guys, she's kinda dumb as a post.

September 28, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
  97. Leilah Kowalski

Everybody right now boo Sarah. If she helps mental cases get into politics boo the candidates and boo Sarah again. Boo the Republican Party candidates now since they are all wrong for our country. Chummy lost soles interested in making money but not interested in helping the poor, and the needy. The Republicans want to take away the benefits of Healthcare Reform. George W. Bush is an idiot and was an idiot when President. If Republicans want to turn our country back into the unfortunate poor leadership of George W. Bush they should be booed.

September 28, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
    • SS

Well, let's just "boo" people like you who probably take every freebie the government gives out.

September 28, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Lean

Typical post WWII American responses. Seems that all are up in arms about the Presidential candiates, yet MOST Americans have been complicant with a Wall Street Rule since the 70's. I am surprised that many CEO's complain about not getting their tushes kissed enough by the current adminstration and most Americans seem to agree. What does this have to do with Palin? Well, she has already made it clear that she will be kissing a lot of tush if she is elected. By the way, I am an American and a War vet, so don't get all armchair patriotic on me. If she was booed, maybe there is hope for this nation afterall.

September 28, 2010 at 1:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • cheefsfury

IM SURE THE PRE WWII POSTS ON THE INTERNET WERE MUCH BETTER

September 28, 2010 at 1:27 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Moronic

I love how the American Media can turn a TV show that has to do with dancing into a political debate. Awesome. This country is a joke sometimes.

September 28, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nc

They did it on purpose -just to get people to watch because of the controversy of Sarah

It has backfired for me – BECAUSE even if I did like Sarah – her daughter is NOT a "star" or celebrity. Why don't we pull Amy Carter into the fray?

you can be in the news and NOT be a star. Was Jeffrey Dahmer a star? no.

September 28, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
  100. SarahPalinisaTwit

Why does this putrid trailer trash queen and her equally putrid family continue to get this type of media coverage? The entire Palin clan is nothing more that stinking human filth.

September 28, 2010 at 1:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ss

Jealous? What have YOU accomplished? You libs are so jealous of this woman; otherwise, why keep talking about her, bashing her?

September 28, 2010 at 1:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Betty Phillips

So you refer to Palin as a TWIT? Honey you need to get your head washed out, I think you have 'DIMOCRAT" cooties living in the section for your brain. You may not like this Palin lady, but, my God how can you be so envious of her. She has done nothing but to try to get the American people to rise above the hatred that is shown to every American if they do not have their nose up Obamas AZZ!!./. you will soon find out what this Radical has done to the Americans, just wait until you pay 12 % more for you health insurance, hey girl you have been brained washed and you can not see an inch in front of you, you are right there with all the other babbling idiots that do not know SH-T from SHINOLA! Grow up and spend sometime with a book on HIstory, you would get a good lesson.....

September 28, 2010 at 2:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • tef59

Well, the people I know who saw it clearly understood that the audience was booing the Alaskan woman. She needs to be booed as often as possible. She is a pimple on the b*tt of humanity, and I wish she would pop and disappear. This is the first season I am not watching DWTS. I watched Rachel Maddow instead.

September 28, 2010 at 4:04 pm | Report abuse |
  101. stacy

Anyone that would boo Sarah Palin only shows their lack of class. You don't have to like her to just sit there and clap for her like you would anyone else. I don't care for her as a politician....but as a mom and person just sit and clap while keeping your mouth shut.

September 28, 2010 at 1:00 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Refudiation

Why would anyone waste a perfectly good 'Boo' on the Wasila Hillbilly?

September 28, 2010 at 12:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ss

How about your Messiah saying "Marine Corpse" instead of acting like an idiot? If you are to criticize one, then be fair – Obama made a mistake, too, but you libs can't accept it!

September 28, 2010 at 2:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nc

Wow, really –Marine Corpse is all that you came up with?

Between, Bush Jr. and Palin – we can have a whole new language!

Maybe, Obama was confused because of all of the morons who put a S on the end of Illinois??? just saying.

September 28, 2010 at 2:57 pm | Report abuse |
  103. letmeknow

If this clown is ever voted President of the United States of America we will become the laughing stock of the world! She went to five different colleges in 6 years to graduate, quit her job as Governor and her knowledge of foreign affairs is that she can see Russia from her yard. Get a clue people, she may be famous but has no business running a country.

September 28, 2010 at 12:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • ckcgye

So when are all you "smart" people out there going to quit attributing Tina Fey's comments to Sarah Palin. SARAH did not say that she could see Russia from her house, TINA did. Sarah said that from some parts (islands) of Alaska, one could see Russia.

September 28, 2010 at 1:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • cesan

Exactly.

September 28, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kate

Really, that's the only part about her history that I can respect. Okay, so she didn't go to school and finish in 4 years, but she did finish. It shows that she can follow through and get something done, even when it's hard. It's a shame that she didn't have that kind of chutzpah when it came to running a bloody state. It's a shame that, in spite of her managing to get through school, she can hardly string a sentence together. The real shame is that people would be willing to vote for her.

September 28, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nc

Uh – actually if you have the eyesight of an eagle.

The closest LAND is 2.4 miles and that's a tiny island.

If you count the 12 miles of WATER that each country counts as it's own – you are still about 30 miles from mainland to mainland.

So, unless Sarah's glasses have the power of Superman's – she CANNOT see Russia from any part of Alaska....

September 28, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nc

Correction to what I typed –it is 55 miles from mainland to mainland --

2.4 from island to Russia

Still NOT able to see Russia with the naked eye.

September 28, 2010 at 2:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • cm

If I was a Russian I'd be very worried that I could see the state that votes for Sarah Palin from my shores.

Palin is a far worse threat to world peace than the Russians.

September 28, 2010 at 5:38 pm | Report abuse |
  104. Thanh

A lot of people posting here probably don't even watch the show. I've been watching for 8 seasons, and they never boo before the scores are given. Also the Jennifer and Derek's dance was definitely an "8" dance, which was what she got. It's a good score and they were the top of the leaderboard. There's no way the audience will be unsatisfied with that. A total of 24 on week 2 is excellent.

They had to turn the spotlight on Palin. She probably stood up to greet the crowd. The audience usually consists of political liberals and moderates. Of course they're going to boo her. She's a threat to both Dems and the GOP. However, the audience does love Bristol. She has potential. If she practices hard, she can win.

September 28, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  105. HM Texas

As a politician, Sarah Palin is an idiot, but she was at DWS to support her daughter, and I thought she was very gracious in her praise for all the dancers, the judges, and Bristol. Not sure who the booos were for. Hopefully the audience isn't so shallow to booo an audience member–even if they don't like her–but booing Jennifer and Derek's scores seemed strange too.

September 28, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • kendra

As a politician, Sarah Palin is BRILLIANT. Okay...agree with the rest. :-)

September 28, 2010 at 12:53 pm | Report abuse |
  106. ft

Sarah Palin was looking good in that leather...She drives the liberals crazy, they are so scared of her since Ill the Liberals have is Hillary... You go girl! Bristol is a real sweetheart and America is fascinated with her which is only helping empower her mother even more...

September 28, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lori Thompson

How does a dance show empower someone??? Sounds really "Tea Partiest"!!

September 28, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Nc

Yes, heaven forbid – all we have is Hilary, who is a freaking Rhodes scholar. ONLY moronic, childish men would actually say that they would rather have Palin because she's beautiful? really? – do you want that person to accidentally push the "red button"? Yes, she's more attractive than Hilary – but I would rather have somebody with a brain in the White House. If I wanted to look at beautiful women (she's pretty, but not beautiful, btw) – I'd go buy Glamor magazine.

The Republicans have Sarah – whom I wish could produce her high school diploma –wait – it's probably in her backyard in RUSSIA.

She was a governor for a lot less time than Obama was a Senator – Alaska has less people in the state than Oklahoma City has in the freaking city! Never mind, LA,etc. It saddens/sickens me to say this – but Bush, Jr. was more qualified than Palin.
      Wow. double-wowsie.

I didn't watch the show this season because I refuse to support this line-up of "stars" – and Sarah's face makes me want to puke.

I don't care how much Fox paid to support this show – Bristol Palin is NO star....and what a family of hypocrites – -slamming Bristol's ex-fiance because he would do anything for money – then this????? Not counting Sarah's 7 million dollar payout to leave the Governorship.....what would she take to leave the White House – 20 million? Obviously, her job meant nothing to her – nor did the citizens of Alaska who elected her sorry self.

September 28, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
  107. Lori Thompson

Yes, I'd boo her too. Who is she anyway, had not McCain picked her as his running mate she'd still be in Alaska as Governor along with her daughter(having her 2nd child). Palin must be pushing her daughter to go after the gold now before they become "DUDS" oh, I forgot they were never important to me!!

September 28, 2010 at 12:41 pm | Report abuse |
  108. kris

Sure Bristols a celebrity in the good old US we now praise girls for getting pregnant. Sad sad country. I dont care who her mom is. Why wasnt she on teen mom or 16 and pregnant. I can tell you shes not who I want my teenage girls watching. Sooo boo sarah as a mom. Should be worrying about her kid instead of smiling.

September 28, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
  109. The Anti-Hoff

Man she looks good in that picture...too bad she's a dummy

September 28, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
  110. dont matter

OMG you're right about Rush the angry white man Rush is just blind by his own hatred he can't see the truth should I just said he doesn't believe in the truth,Rush,Sarah Palin,Glen Beck and the Republican are full of hatred, they are all blind with range and anger,I feel sorry for those moroon listing to Sarah Palin and Glen Beck and Rush they are ignorant they need to be educated I just can't see why they are so blind ,Sarah Palin is just out there making money for herself talking trash at the sametime,it's a shame that DWTS allow Bristol to be on the show cause she is not any star,she is just a daughter of quiter former Alaska governor,I still can't believe she quit what a looser

September 28, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • ckcgye

Talk about angry and ignorant ... read your own post. Like I said before, ignorant people on both sides of the political spectrum.

September 28, 2010 at 12:47 pm | Report abuse |
  111. Paul

Sarah was not in the cozy confines of FOX News. She says all this crazy stuff and sound bite talking points when she gives her right wing speeches and then wonders why "normal" people react with boos. As we used to say, "the train comes in and out of town"

September 28, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  112. Sugar

Look, I'll be the first to admit, I CAN'T STAND PALIN! She gets on every nerve I have! I think she arrogant, ignorant and rude. I refuse to read any articles about her anymore and will turn TV channels if her goofy face appears on the screen. I also haven't watched DWTS this season yet and probably won't, even though I use to record every episode up till now. I have no use for this show anymore. I don't want to watch Palin's bimbo daughter shake her butt and I'm sick and tired of seeing Piper take care of the babies. Bristol is NO STAR! She's and unwed teenage mother and I
    have no respect for her. In fact, I tell my son's to stay away from trash like her. I wish I could see Jennifer Gray dance though.

September 28, 2010 at 12:35 pm | Report abuse |
  113. greymare

The people sitting behind Sarah had disgusted looks on their faces while she was being asked who her favorite dancers were. Don't know if anyone else caught that. I don't know about booing her, but I did notice the expressions on people's faces in the audience.

September 28, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  114. mjbc

This is so crazy. The news throws a bone, and everyone chases it. Who realy cares who is in the audience? It's a dance, talent show. Lets move on to something that does matter.

September 28, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  115. Me

I'm a Democrat second ...I think the world would be a better place if we all "myself included" followed the teachings of Christ.

September 28, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
  116. Me

Booing the scores.... Jen & Derek danced their butts off. No one had a fit when the Osbourne's sat front and center and got attention when Kelly was dancing. Really silly stuff people.

September 28, 2010 at 12:26 pm | Report abuse |
  117. Me

LUKE 6 : 24

September 28, 2010 at 12:23 pm | Report abuse |
  118. OMG....

The Palin's is a sharp comparison to The Beverly Hillbillies...they were about a poor backwoods family transplanted to Beverly Hills California after striking oil on their land. The Palin's....poor backwoods family transplanted to US Government after finding John McCain on the political trail. Both "Fish Out of Water" similarities. You have Jethro Bodine=(Tod Palin)....Granny-shotgun toting=(Sarah Palin) and now they are making DWTS's Bristol Palin=Elly May Clampett!!! I'm killing myself...LOL!

September 28, 2010 at 12:21 pm | Report abuse |
  119. Ken

There is a typo at the end of the article: "consecutive eight's" should be "consecutive eights." To those who are wondering why: apostrophes are for contractions and the indication of possession, not pluralization.

September 28, 2010 at 12:12 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shirley

shut up Ken

September 28, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Kate

Thank you for caring. At least someone does.

September 28, 2010 at 2:40 pm | Report abuse |
    • Elemental

Amen, Ken. Punctuation Panda says, "NO!"

and Shirley, proper punctuation and good grammar go hand-in-hand with good manners and good breeding, things we could use a LOT more of.

September 28, 2010 at 4:12 pm | Report abuse |
  120. kcc

I watched the show last night. I think they were booing the judges about the scores they gave not Sarah Palin.

September 28, 2010 at 12:08 pm | Report abuse |
  121. barb

i am so SICK of sarah palin!!! why does she think she has to appear at every event, all the time?! to quote bill maher-"she is a money grubber" i don't usually agree with maher, but on palin he is so correct!

September 28, 2010 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • WillyWalnuts

She was cheering her daughter and I'm sure she wasn't paid for it.

September 28, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  122. joni

What I want to know about DWTS, is.... what makes them choose people like Bristol Palin OR Kate Gossling in the first place? This is supposed to be a show about dancing with STARS! These two dim-wits are NOT stars by ANY means. It's so dumb.
    AND, Brooke needs to go too. She's worse than the last one ..................... RIDICULOUS.
    I am not watching this year.

September 28, 2010 at 12:05 pm | Report abuse |
  123. carebear0173

They were absolutely boo-ing at the scores. Jennifer & Derek definitely deserved a 9. It was the best dance of the evening.

September 28, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  124. OMG....

If Sarah Palin ever wins the Presidency I will get a ticket on the first thing smoking out of here! Maybe me a Rush Limbaugh will be on the same plane....because I believe he said he would do the same thing if Obama won!! Still need a ticket Rush?

September 28, 2010 at 12:01 pm | Report abuse |
  125. KImm Williams

I am not a fan of Sarah Palin politically. But as a mother, I have no problem with her being in the audience pulling for her daughter. She has reached celebrity status so she is fair game. But many people took issue with her for not doing enough to push for rights of the physically challenged. She was there for her daughter. Set the politics aside. I would have been there for mine !

September 28, 2010 at 11:55 am | Report abuse |
  126. sawpap

I am no fan of Palin's AT ALL..... in fact John McCain's BIGGEST mistake was taking the unknown Palin family out of the backend of Alaska and putting them on the map. Now we all have to have the Palin's in our livingrooms UNINVITED (thanks alot John!)

That said thou – the crowd was definitely booing the scores NOT Palin!
    She was there just as a regular Mom giving her Daughter supoprt ....
    So in my opinion – leave her be!

September 28, 2010 at 11:54 am | Report abuse |
    • 3cat

It was not clear what the audience was booing.

It was clear that they were NOT booing Grey's scores. The audience had completely quieted after the scores were announced, then roared at once, together into boos during an innocuous backstage interview with Grey. That the booing stunned everyone backstage reflects a disconnection with the interview.

When the shot returned to the ballroom, it was clear that Palin had just become the focus of attention there.

September 28, 2010 at 6:57 pm | Report abuse |
  127. jurby

why is Bristol Palin even on DWTS????? she's not even a celebrity!!!! she may be a nice girl but all she is is the daughter of a politician, nothing more. i'm so disappointed in DWTS as this season's lineup is so pathetic, full of non-celebs and celeb has-beens...

September 28, 2010 at 11:51 am | Report abuse |
  128. OMG....

DJ....I know I just didn't read your comment correctly....did you just say "that it's not about going out and finding the MOST qualified person to run this country, rather it's about finding who will draw the most attention and most votes" Please... Please don't say that out loud again...and slowly walk to the nearest yard and find the biggest ROCK and climb under it! You have got to be kidding me! It's really evident to me that some people are just walking around on this earth just taking up valuable space! Find the rock my dear fast and crawl under. I promise we won't look for you!

September 28, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  129. b badger

She probably gets booed alone in the bathroom.

September 28, 2010 at 11:50 am | Report abuse |
  130. J

It was obvious from the show last night that the booing was for the judges against Jennifer Greys scores, the audience expected a higher score. It had nothing to do with Sarah Palin.
    Sarah Palin has been in politics much longer than Obama has. Her minority factor will keep her from getting elected just as Obama's minority factor(when he chooses to use it of course)got him elected.

September 28, 2010 at 11:48 am | Report abuse |
  131. roger

They were saying "Boooooooobs" after a tight angle shot of Brooke Burke

September 28, 2010 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
  132. JC

Sarah should be booed for the rest of her life. She wins as the all time moron of the USA. Hands down. She's out thar fightin fer all you regular Mericans...that is after she abandoned her own state and people..trash. What's even funnier is how she thinks she has the brain to be Preisdent. Dumbest women on earth.

September 28, 2010 at 11:45 am | Report abuse |
    • Chad

Hey JC! What have you accomplished in your life? Go ahead and start making stuff up. Keep degrading other peoples accomplishments throughout your life, I'm sure it's the only gratification you get in all of your days and/or life...Loser.

September 28, 2010 at 12:10 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chad

September 28, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chad

And....how about you take a grammar class....or two. It's hard for you to call someone a moron when you misspell every single word you typed. How enbarrassing your family must feel about you...

September 28, 2010 at 12:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • jh

Hey Chad! Why don't you read again and realize they are typing as that retard palin speaks. Its palin that needs classes.

September 28, 2010 at 12:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • T-Rex

Hey Chad:
      I'm "enbarrased" for you! Why don't you take an English lesson yourself. You're "enbarrassing" all of us, along with your beloved Sarah. Then you can both be "enbarrassing" together! LOL!

September 28, 2010 at 12:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • cheefsfury

JC IS SHORT FOR JESUS. HE HAS ACCOMPLISHED A LOT

September 28, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • stokes

Hey Chad, my pity on your intelligence.

September 28, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • stokes

Apparently Chad has no idea of JC's humor.

September 28, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
  133. Only 15minutes Please!

I have had all I can take of Sarah Palin...would someone just pull the plug on that Obnoxious voice and Smile of hers! It's so sad that this country praise the stupidity in people and ignor the intelligent ones! Women have come a long way to prove that we belong in high places, but this twitt wants to take us back to the days of low expectations and ignorant thinking! She has all of you people fooled! Please hurry up with your 15minutes of fame so someone else can shine! Dim wit!

September 28, 2010 at 11:42 am | Report abuse |
  134. sergio de la cruz

The fact she's been in politics that long is amazing. I guess in Alaska all it takes is skirt a pair of boobs waving a gun and winking your way through interviews.

September 28, 2010 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  135. scroo yoo

I cant find a single thing in this whole article that I wouldnt boo-come to think of it

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
    and an extra BOOOOOOOO for Sarah Palin.Things should go into her mouth,not come out of it.

September 28, 2010 at 11:39 am | Report abuse |
  136. Dj

I find it funny how angry Americans are all the time on blogs. You'll never be happy in life with all this negativity... And as far as experience goes, i find it truely sad that its not about going out and finding the MOST qualified person to run this country, rather its about finding who will draw the most attention and most votes. Lastly, God made up all individuals so stop trying to make everyone believe you're right and they're wrong all the time, have you're opinion but don't put down others in the process.

September 28, 2010 at 11:37 am | Report abuse |
    • Chad

I love it how you wish you were an American...Loser...go crawl back into the hole of your armpit country...

September 28, 2010 at 12:06 pm | Report abuse |
    • cheefsfury

YO CHAD WHY U SO MAD BRO? WHY NERD RAGIN ON THE INTERWEBS

September 28, 2010 at 1:32 pm | Report abuse |
    • scott

You lost me at, "God ..."

September 28, 2010 at 3:22 pm | Report abuse |
  137. stephanie willis

Quick trying to make something out of nothing. People were obviously booing the scores. Put away the microscopes and just enjoy the show.

September 28, 2010 at 11:36 am | Report abuse |
    • Square Peg vs Round Hole

Thank goodness! Someone with some common sense.

September 28, 2010 at 4:19 pm | Report abuse |
  138. dont matter

It sarah palin that can see Russia from her backyard in Alaska that got boo because she is a devider and ignorant and unqualify to run for the highest office,she just out there for her own self interest talking trash about the president miss lip stick on a pig,she is annoye she doesnt know nothing other than talking trash.I hope she run in 2012 as the Republican candiaten,it going to be a landslide for Democrate.

September 28, 2010 at 11:33 am | Report abuse |
    • ckcgye

Your lack of spelling, grammar and syntax leaves your comment unconvincing. It verifies to me that there are ignorant people on both sides of the political spectrum.

September 28, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Seymour

Please to continue to get your political updates from SNL; it will really give you the upper hand in a debate.

September 28, 2010 at 2:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Peg

Tina Fey said that quip about Russia on SNL – get your story straight.

September 28, 2010 at 2:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bodach

peg – The quote is from an interview by Charlie Gibson on ABC in September 2008:

GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?

PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.

abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008/story?id=5782924&page=2

Get your facts straight.

September 28, 2010 at 3:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Independant

Sorry Peg, Palin did say it.

[youtube=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrzXLYA_e6E&w=640&h=390]

September 28, 2010 at 3:33 pm | Report abuse |
  139. Rodan

You people crack me up .
    So delusinal as if everyone in California was a Libtard...
    Not everyone in California hates Sarah. Give me a break...LMAO at some of these delusional coments.
    They were booing the score.

September 28, 2010 at 11:29 am | Report abuse |
    • Hugh Jass

Suddenly everyone is a liberal because they're tired of seeing this waste of oxygen.

September 28, 2010 at 2:00 pm | Report abuse |
    • boocat

It's not just liberals who hate Palin. I'm independant. She's a meathead (dead from the neck up) and you're a bonehead.

September 28, 2010 at 2:20 pm | Report abuse |
  140. leslie

I like Alyssa's comment. Could you imagine: Palin, Obama, Bush, Cheney, Clinton, Jay Leno, LeBron James, Justin Bieber or whoever the heck we want.
    That would be some dinner party.

September 28, 2010 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
  141. mejazzbo

What difference does it make if she was booed or not. Why is this a story. She must have experienced booing many times before.

September 28, 2010 at 11:12 am | Report abuse |
    • Meee

Agreed!
      I can't believe that this is even being reported! It's right up there with how much I can't believe that Bristol Palin is on the show this season. I mean really... Who the hell is she? Because she's the daughter of a disgraced politician and because she made headlines getting knocked up at a young age, she's a star? Come on. Dancing with the Stars should be changing their name to Dancing with SOME Stars.

September 28, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  142. MammaM

I personally decided to fast-forward everytime Sarah was on camera. I am watching a dance show and have no interest in Sarah's opinion on anything. I do plan to watch her daughter objectively and for someone who does not have a lot of dance experience Bristol is doing well.

September 28, 2010 at 11:06 am | Report abuse |
  143. Alyssa

Of course they were booing the too-low scores for Jennifer Grey and Derek Hough.

Proof the audience did not boo Sarah was that just moments after the booing, Tom introduced Sarah, and the crowd CHEERED! If they had been booing Sarah, they would not suddenly stop booing and start cheering. They were expressing their displeasure with the judges!! Which they do quite often, as anybody who watches the show for any length of time knows.

September 28, 2010 at 11:04 am | Report abuse |
    • Lawrence

That is illogical. A few people clapping and cheering are not the same. The people already booed at the prospects of a interview with Sarah P......

September 28, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
    • jae

u honestly think they were booing the scores? Wow, and teabaggers say we drink Kool-Aid. Put down that 75 year old schotch that you were saving for when slavery comes back. I wonder, since she has so much more experience that President Obama, can anyone explain in detail how? She was a mayor of a town with less people than my hometown here in ohio. She QUIT HER POST!!!!!! as governor. she quit because she was under investigation and was FOUND GUILTY!!!!!!!! of cooruption.

September 28, 2010 at 2:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sandy

Of course the audience booed Jennifer's scores. No way was her deserved score so close to that of others on the show. She is a league ahead of everyone else there.

And fortunately, the DWTS audience has more class than most of you.

September 28, 2010 at 2:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Politically Aware

As someone who has considerable experience in television, I can tell you that pre-recorded laughs, gasps, and other emotional responses are part of the sound department's tool kit. Watch any live show (particularly any daytime talk show) that does cutaways of the studio audience during an 'emotional response' to a statement. The sound and the audience landscape rarely, if ever, match. The sounds are stock sounds, kept in a server/library and hauled out for the express purpose of perpetuating the corporate brand during what the director or editor perceives as an appropriate moment. Hel-l-l-l-l-o-o-o-o-o....

September 28, 2010 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |
  144. khocolatemoose

I watched this last night, and I have a feeling that the boos were for Sarah Palin. It's clear that she's not huge in California, a state with a more liberal agenda than the Tea Party supporter's plan for America. Plus, people are afraid of crazy and ignorant people. Why? Because you never know what they're going to do. Still, it's a dance show, not a political one.

Feel free to add to the conversation about films at http://khocolatemoose.wordpress.com/

We'd love to hear what you have to say, and often.

Best,

KM

September 28, 2010 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
    • RealTalk

MY FRIEND WAS AT THE SHOW YESTERDAY AND SAID YES THE AUDIENCE BOOED SP!!! before the camera went back to her, the audience coordinator was encouraging the audience for a loud applause once they actually introduced her – plus if you are an avid watcher of the show, you know that yes the audience boos the judges when they don't agree with the score but it's done IMMEDIATELY when they give the scores – the audience doesn't pause to let the show continue and then decide they want to boo when they contestants are being interviewed

September 28, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  145. Josh

I'd boo Sarah Palin, wherever I was!

September 28, 2010 at 10:40 am | Report abuse |
    • amber

Get a grip people! They were booing the scores. Like you said it's a dance show not a political one and people were there to cheer for dancing. They were not okay with Grey's score. Palin was in the audience through the whole show. You can see her (close up) after the first dance and throughout the show on the front row. No one was booing Sarah Palin. If you thing she's ignorant or dumb, you are clearly the ignorant one.

September 28, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
    • Embarrassed by tea

Josh, thank you for your comment. She isn't qualified! McCain created a monster and his whole staff admits it. She's a half-term governor and the mayor of wasilla? She's an employee of fox news and won't do any interviews on any other station. The economy is slowly recovering. GM is getting ready to pay back their bailout. And the stock market is having biggest September since the late 30's. It hasn't even been two years since Barack took office. Why take such a huge steps backwards with palin? Lastly, to MCW: "with tears in my eyes"? Get a grip. The only tears you should be shedding are for yourself. Why don't you read a little more than watch news snippets of fox news.

September 28, 2010 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • Josh

First off, I never said Obama was qualified, nor did I ever say I voted for Obama. If you read my message, I simply said I do not think she is qualified for the position, and I disagree with some of her points of view. Thats it. Thats all I said. The crazies from the left, the devout right crack me up. You so passionately defend your person..Obama, Bush, Palin, whomever..and dont see their faults or that a person who can cross both sides might actually be the right person, man or woman, for the job.

September 28, 2010 at 11:40 am | Report abuse |
    • JB

When the judges announced the scores the audience clapped and the interview with Burke began. The booing began when Tom went over to Sarah to interview her. The audience had tolerated her but was annoyed that she was going to get camera time. You can actually see the look of displeasure on her face right as the camera cuts to her and Tom. I guess I would have sympathy if I didn't think she was a complete moron who appeals to morons who think that politics are a celebrity contest and not a job requiring skill and knowledge.

September 28, 2010 at 12:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Lawrence

The boos did not start until after the scores went up. Tom went to sit down next to Sarah Palin and while the camera was on Jennifer the booing started. The lag in time from the scores and when the booing started was the time for Tom to walk over to Sarah to start an interview. The audience saw the potential interview and that is why there was booing. If it was the score being booed at it would have occurred during the score announcement not after.

September 28, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gene

The crowd probably was booing that retarded nutbag. Saying it was because of the scores was just spin.

September 28, 2010 at 1:28 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matt

She is such a Teabagger! Breath through your nose Sara.

September 28, 2010 at 1:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Adam

YES, she was booded. I read an article that said they thought it was becuase Jennifer Grey didn't score as high as she should have, no way, it's becuase the cameras were lighting up Palin. I would have added to the noise.

September 28, 2010 at 2:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Leann

Because of McCain adding Sarah Palin to the ticket made my decision to vote for Obama. She is not qualified to give any advice. She is a walking hyprocite and should stop throwing stones at a glass house. I don't think she is qualified anymore than the women who live in my subdivision. Any position in a state as removed as Alaska is out of touch with civilization.

September 28, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Bilbo

I saw the show..they were booing her and you could tell by her facial expression she was upset for a second.

September 28, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • Pig Spotter

What a cheesy way to get your face on TV. Caribou Barbie has to steal her daughter's limelight. She was booed and she should have booed until she walked off the set.

Another way of looking at this is DWTS is making a political push by subliminally supporting Sarah Palin. And getting this media access through her daughter..

September 28, 2010 at 2:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Anna

I hope she was booed! They did not show anyone else family Palin was shown 8 times-Why – Also did anyone notice she was wearing leather again while her daughter wore and old ladies dress? What is it with the leather and when is to old to wear it?

September 28, 2010 at 2:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Courtney

I agree with Josh, I can't stand her or her tea bagger friends. I don't even think the judges like her. Sarah Palin should be booed all of the time. She is a joke to America!

September 28, 2010 at 2:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Sandy

And many of us would boo you too!

September 28, 2010 at 2:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • shojayxt

Josh is right. palin should be booed any time a chance is presented. She is a complete joke and has made a mockery out of the American political system.

How anyone can think that this ignorant individual is qualified to run for public office is ridiculous. I can't wait until 2012 comes and goes and palin fades out of sight following her failed presidential bid.

September 28, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • Brian

To JB – "appeals to morons who think that politics are a celebrity contest and not a job requiring skill and knowledge." See: Obama, Barrack.

I'm no Palin fan, but c'mon. Obama is very smart, eloquent, etc., but the guy had zero resume to run for president. I remember laughing when I heard him as a potential candidate, thinking "maybe in 8 years". Yet your above-mentioned celebrity contest got him voted in. Policies aside, I was in disbelief that we would elect a president with such a threadbare resume. Palin was up for VP and had a longer list of accomplishments than Obama had.

September 28, 2010 at 2:47 pm | Report abuse |
    • Matt

I do think Sarah Palin is ignorant and dumb but I don't think thats why the audience booed. I'm sure there were lots of dumb people in the audience that didn't get booed

September 28, 2010 at 3:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Potsy

Josh, most gay guys would boo her.

September 28, 2010 at 3:26 pm | Report abuse |
    • Fuzzginator

Me too!!!!

September 28, 2010 at 3:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • indifferent

A liberal with an opinion will always let you know it.

September 28, 2010 at 4:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Square Peg vs Round Hole

One of these days, we as intelligent humans, are going to stop the negativity and start to focus on positive. Yes, it's a free country but feeding negativity does not allow the mind or soul to shine. Positivity breeds positivity. Sarah Palin was on the show to support her daughter, and of course the network is going to give her air time. No matter who it was. Booing a person is disrespectful and thoughtless. No matter if you like them or not. Respect. No wonder kids these days have none: look at their parents, and who they listen to in the media. There's TONS of people I don't like. I don't give them energy. It makes me chuckle that people are so infatuated with SP whether they like her or not. You are wasting your energy on someone whom you don't like? Really? Amusing and sad.

September 28, 2010 at 4:14 pm | Report abuse |
    • Chris

Yes, it was Palin being booed. The audience sometimes boos for low scores, but they ALWAYS do it when each judge reveals each score. In this case the audience was cheering as the 8's were revealed, cheering louder with each 8. The boos didn't start until several seconds after the scores were revealed. They were obviously not booing the scores. There had to be something else, and the most obvious answer is Palin.

September 28, 2010 at 5:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Grow Up People

So much "passion" over one person in the audience to support her daughter. Whenever I've watched the show, I have seen celebrity dancer's families shown on TV (e.g. Ozzy Osbourne????). You guys need to give it a rest. If you don't agree with Palin's political views, you can disagree without being so disagreeable. The whole point of having a democratic government is so that political candidates can express their thoughts and visions for the country. Then we the people get to decide who will govern us. If you demonize everyone you disagree with, eventually the most qualified candidates we want to run for office will say "I'm not putting myself OR my family through this nightmare.". Take a step back and look at what you are creating with all this childish nonsense!!!

September 28, 2010 at 6:17 pm | Report abuse |