'The Sound of Music' cast to reunite on 'Oprah'
September 28th, 2010

'The Sound of Music' cast to reunite on 'Oprah'

If seeing the cast of "The Sound of Music" reunited on national TV is one of your dreams, well... Oprah Winfrey is going to make another one of your dreams come true during her final season.

Julie Andrews and Christopher Plummer will join fellow "Music" stars Charmian Carr (Liesl), Nicholas Hammond (Friedrich), Heather Menzies-Urich (Louisa), Duane Chase (Kurt), Angela Cartwright (Brigitta), Debbie Turner (Marta) and Kym Karath (Gretl) on Winfrey's show on October 29, 2010, according to a statement.

It's been 45 years since the cast had such a reunion, and they plan on dishing about behind-the-scenes dirt from the "Music" set and what they've been up to since their Oscar-winning movie was released.

Plus, the Von Trapp Children, a singing group that features some of the actual members of the von Trapp family, will be on hand to showcase their pipes in a tribute to the family-favorite film and its stars.

Filed under: Celebrities • movies • television

1. Wordpres backlink creator

Thanks for some other informative blog. Where else could I am getting that kind of info written in such an ideal means? I've a project that I'm just now working on, and I have been on the look out for such information.

April 2, 2012 at 7:43 pm | Report abuse |
  2. Svetlana

incredibile come dnraute questi mesi il gioco sia migliorato graficamente .cmq dicono che sul versante dei controlli impressionante, e se migliore di metroid 3 sotto questo aspetto ..gia il Wii era la macchina definitiva per gli FPS gi ai tempi di metroid, e se ci possono essere ancora miglioramenti nel controllo il Wii mi piace sempre di pi ! Ho finito da poco fallout3 (l'unico vero gioco che mi ha appasionato della 360) e l'xbox ora lo poser definitivamente, e lo riprender solo per riuscire a pigliare S in tutti i capitoli e sono du palle

March 17, 2012 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
  3. Brigitta

In my opinion Oprah is a racist.. I don't remember any episode where she has had a Hispanic on her show. Every time she has had non star guests they were either black or white!!!! Don't take my word for it, check it out!!! I do not like her.

December 27, 2010 at 7:26 pm | Report abuse |
  4. Hrafnkell

This article gives an incorrect date. According to the Oprah site, the correct date is 10/28, not 10/29.

October 27, 2010 at 9:33 am | Report abuse |
  5. Saren

well - I don't watch Oprah either but It's because I'm busy living my life. I'm quite sure she has her faults just like every single 1 of us who posted here. I'm also sure that she has done more good –helped more people–and accomplished more in her still young life that anyone here as well. People may hate her (if they have nothing better to do with their energy and actually want to use it that way) but it doesn't change the fact that she at least tries to do something constructive with her life while other people are too small to give credit where credit is due.

October 19, 2010 at 1:15 am | Report abuse |
  6. Ben

It has been a very rough year for me and my wife, and I'll take all of the small good things to help along the way. This episode will be one of them.

October 14, 2010 at 5:11 pm | Report abuse |
    • Asuncion

e te non saresti gnliiaorsta???per la miseria, se vieni confrontato con altri giornalisti famosi quelli ti fanno un baffo sei molto meglio!!!se vuoi rischiare un po la fortuna tenta di cercare un posto di lavoro come scrittore o, ancora meglio, come correttore di articoli giornalistici fanno tanti di quegli errori al giorno d'oggi che i bambini nemmeno possono piu leggere il giornale dato che non imaparano la linuga xD!!!cmq sia fine OT ma questo non solo un FPS questo una rivoluzione!!!il tipo li con gli occhiali da fighetto sta maneggiando armi inimmaginabili con una grafica strepitosa(non giudicate dagli screnshot dato che peggiorano la grafica) e per di piu contro un complotto aGlieno(la G voluta)!!!!

March 17, 2012 at 12:23 am | Report abuse |
  7. captinvonns

i started to sing edelweiss randomly tonight, then this led to so long, farewell...after looking up other song lyrics to the musical i randomly type in "sound of music cast interview" to re-watch the too short yet still enjoyable past clip of their reunion (without the captain?!!) on some show....on nbc few yrs earlier.....BUT i end up finding news wonderful future event. Omg i hate oprah, cant stand that self righteous diva yet i will force myself to endure her for THE SOUND OF MUSIC my first and only favorite musical of all time~~~~I love the whole cast...LOVE tHe S O U N D O F M U S I C !!!!!!!!!!!

October 12, 2010 at 12:40 am | Report abuse |
  8. errty

Watch Online movies free

October 10, 2010 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  9. bob boucher

Will not miss seeing this Oprah final PINACLE gift to all American viewers.
    Salzburg in 1966 was just like the setting of Stowe, Vermont. Amazing!
    Maria was at home in Stowe for her eldest son's wedding on the hillside at a little shrine in the woods.
    All family members sang, their voices heard over the hills. The bride was in bridal white with muddy boots.
    Maria in bright sky blue (like her eyes) silk tyrolean dress.
    Have picture of Maria on her horse about to take her morning ride. Memories worth keeping and brought back.

October 5, 2010 at 9:53 pm | Report abuse |
  10. rak

Well.. Now i've heard it all! The last American dignity of our heritage that we have got, is now being shown in a black tv show? I've Never!

October 4, 2010 at 6:59 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Trista

I was at the taping of this show.... and let me tell you ITS AMAZING!!!!!

October 4, 2010 at 8:13 am | Report abuse |
  12. Julie L

One of my favorite movies...I'll be fun to watch.

September 30, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
  13. SOMfan

Trust me – this show has SEVERAL moments that will move even confused, skeptical bloggers like "I'll Be There". The Sound of Music movie brought happiness and hope to so many people, and this show is a celebration of both the movie and the wonderfully talented cast who brought it to life.

September 29, 2010 at 7:49 pm | Report abuse |
  14. SOMfan

I was also in the audience for the taping of the show, and it was a lot of fun!! But if anybody "dished", they only did so in the nicest way possible! :) The cast members are all obviously great friends, and it was terrific to see them all together again. And yes, it was the first time that all nine of them were together in person for a public appearance since the movie. If you are a fan, be sure to watch the show! You'll have a great time and shed a tear or two for sure – don't miss it!

September 29, 2010 at 12:17 pm | Report abuse |
  15. bobaloo

Hurray for the rich! The $beast$ will control the haves and have nots soon. Code name for the new world order supercomputer. The man will line you up for your iris scan soon. Rev13:16...

September 29, 2010 at 10:05 am | Report abuse |
  16. Kathy

The Sound of Music, along with other musical movies like Mary Poppins, Oklahoma, and the like, is a classic and brings back fond memories of a bygone era. Don't make fun of it. Your turn will come when you are older. Movies you like now may be relics for the next generation or two. You will realize how it feels then. Nobody stays young forever except in Heaven. Y'all need to behave, watch your language, and show respect for older things and people.You will get there soon enough.

September 29, 2010 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
  17. shalb

should be a great show... cannot stand Oprah though... maybe she will lose her voice that day & we will not have to hear her yell "The Sound of MUUUUUUUUUUSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC!" I hate how she does that.

September 29, 2010 at 9:26 am | Report abuse |
  18. Margaret Kwok

Wowww too bad I don't have a recorder for this one!

September 29, 2010 at 8:56 am | Report abuse |
  19. Tink48

Many years ago, I had the pleasure of visting Austria. Part of our tour took us to areas where parts of the filiming took place. The Sound of Music has always been a family favorite and the ONLY musical my husband will watch. I've always loved Julie Andrews and will never tire of her voice. I don't watch Oprah much, but I will definitely watch this one.

September 29, 2010 at 8:54 am | Report abuse |
  20. Tiara

I think this show is going to be wonderful. I first watched this movie in my 8th grade choir class and have been in love with it ever since. Julie Andrews is so amazing. Oprah is awesome I grew up with her and it is sad to see her go.

September 29, 2010 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
  21. james

I fell in love with Austria during this movie and have had the pleasure of standing exactly where Ms Andrews stood, truly a beautiful country.

September 29, 2010 at 8:15 am | Report abuse |
  22. P.J.

They should have been on Oprah's "Favorite Things" episode.

September 29, 2010 at 7:50 am | Report abuse |
  23. patricia

Great movie Great performance. Classic will watch. Movie should remind us all that our past is an experience to learn from to better our future.

September 29, 2010 at 7:00 am | Report abuse |
  24. K E Pete

Lovely! Julie Andrews CAN sing, but no lomger has her high register. We saw her two years ago in her "Gift of Music" tour. The highlight of the performance (for us) was a Do Re Mi sing along. Ms. Andrews remains the epitome of elegance and talent.

September 29, 2010 at 6:20 am | Report abuse |
  25. SKY

FACT: IF SHE DIED TODAY, WOULD GOD SAY, YOU HAD THE WHOLE CAST FROM
    THE SOUND OF MUSIC ON YOU SHOW...
    OR WOULD GOD SAY, WHY HAVE YOU LIVED WITH THIS MAN FOR YEARS
    AND NEVER MARRIED HIM..

September 29, 2010 at 2:29 am | Report abuse |
  26. Anonymous

Proof that you can be famous and still maintain your values, class, dignity and self-respect over the years. So-called-celebrities of today need to take a lesson (or two, or three...) from Julie Andrews long career. I adore the Sound of Music!

September 29, 2010 at 12:45 am | Report abuse |
  27. Christopher Liquid Plummer

The movie was great. Christopher "Liquid" Plummet was a pump. He was nailin' Baroness Schrader and a nun. Gotta give the guy props. Also if he were human he would be on to catch a preditor for taking what he wanted from Leisel and then brooming her.

September 28, 2010 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
    • Christopher Liquid Plummer

Sorry Plummet and pimp

September 28, 2010 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Non

Posted on I believe I heard the President say all pepole would be on Medicare. Oh, dear, Medicare is not free. Thats why on page 59 of the bill they want your bank account # so they can automatically charge your account every month. Our insurance companies, utilities companies, etc. have our account number. Our bills get paid automatically and directly from the bank to the companies every month. The only bills we get are the credit card bills. I have no problem with these companies having our account #, but I dont trust the Federal Government with it. Too many bureaucrats. The only Fed agency that has our # is Social Security so we can have direct deposit. So far, weve had no problems.

March 14, 2012 at 12:18 pm | Report abuse |
  28. K.C.

I still remember the first time I saw the film! Do you all remember the way the theatre went dark, and you heard the wind whistling, the birds chirping– and as you watched, the camera panned over that beautiful view, the music swelled and the camera focused closer and closer to the figure on the mountain. Julie Andrews! Then from her throat came the most beautiful singing I have ever heard in all my life! I was flabbergasted. That was years and years ago, and I have never heard a better voice yet! That movie was a blockbuster–whether people like it or not, like Julie Andrews or not–the film broke record after record. WHAT A MOVIE, WHAT A WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!

September 28, 2010 at 11:39 pm | Report abuse |
  29. RedDog

Duane Chase (Kurt) is a neighbor of a good friend. Met him a few years back, now he is a geologist. He had great stories of the filming, meeting the real Von Trapps, can't wait to see them back together.

BTW Nicholas Hammond now lives 'down under', he has to get the prize for longest 'Von Trapp' trip!

September 28, 2010 at 10:53 pm | Report abuse |
  30. Name*Minnesota Liberian

That's the best of the best episode that Oprah Has ever had in her careers.. Bravo.

September 28, 2010 at 10:43 pm | Report abuse |
  31. Katie

Wow, that;ll be the 2nd time in my life to watch Oprah! (1st time was when a friend was on it.) I wish they were on some show w/ a less egomaniacal host as her shows are all about Oprah and less about the guest, but better Oprah than nobody I guess.

TSOM is a timeless magical movie and it'll be nice to see the cast together again. Isn't it amazing all those kids grew up to be normal and it's hard to find a kid star from a movie today that isn't in rehab by age 12? Gee, and Julie has aged gracefully and stayed out of rehab too- those were the days & those are actors with talent and class!

September 28, 2010 at 10:35 pm | Report abuse |
  32. tommy

@gretchen...umm, it's "so long, farewell, auf wiederchen (sic), goodbye..." Not "I hate to say goodbye"!

September 28, 2010 at 9:58 pm | Report abuse |
    • H.A.

Perhaps, but one line of the song DOES read, "I hate to go and leave this pretty sight..." If you can't make that connection, you should probably quit criticizing and STFU.

October 27, 2010 at 3:59 pm | Report abuse |
  33. angela

This could b ur first,last,and maybe even never time watching the show!Billionaire!she don't need u 2 watch dushbag!

September 28, 2010 at 9:17 pm | Report abuse |
  34. lynn

I am not a huge oprah fan but won't miss this! whoever commented that o will be shouting, "it's the Von Trapp familyyyyy" got it so right! had to laugh out loud at that. she bellows WAY too much!

September 28, 2010 at 8:39 pm | Report abuse |
  35. TJ

I hope the actress who played Liesl sings "Sixteen Going On Seventeen". I love that song and the way she dance to it!!!

September 28, 2010 at 8:15 pm | Report abuse |
  36. musically sound

Julie andrews awsome. Love her 4 ever. mary poppins all time classic.

September 28, 2010 at 8:00 pm | Report abuse |
  37. Nicky Hammond Makes Me Hard

this group has reunited about every 5 years since the movie was made – what's oprah trying to pull with that "first time in 45 years" crap?

September 28, 2010 at 7:39 pm | Report abuse |
  38. guest32

OMG I can't wait for this! Christopher Plummer, what is he about 90 now? or even close to it?? What a handsome devil he was. Yummy!

September 28, 2010 at 7:38 pm | Report abuse |
  39. Adesuwa.Agy.Ak

It's going to be a bomb seeing the big Family again uniting as one big family. Is a don't miss show.

September 28, 2010 at 7:34 pm | Report abuse |
  40. Frank

Yay! Julie Andrews! <3333

September 28, 2010 at 7:04 pm | Report abuse |
  41. music of life

Julie ANDREWS is by the best actress that has ever lived.XoXO LOVE YOU Julie

September 28, 2010 at 7:03 pm | Report abuse |
  42. hushupp3

I can't wait to see this show. Often wondered about how those kids turned out as adults. This is going to be sooooo fun. Thanks Oprah!

September 28, 2010 at 6:55 pm | Report abuse |
  43. jt

The cast had a reunion 5 years ago on GMA, so it's not "45 years since the cast had such a reunion". Check it out on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0VFC704wI0

September 28, 2010 at 6:48 pm | Report abuse |
    • I'll be there

Yes, Julie and all the kids were there, but Christopher Plummer wasn't there in person. This movie is a cultural phenomenon. Many of us old enough to have seen its initial release have carried it in our hearts for these 45 years, and will, as long as we live. I remember as if it were yesterday – my family had no extra money to do frivolous things like see movies. My great aunt sent us the money – for all our birthdays and Christmas that year – and we went into the "city" to see it. It was a big screen – there aren't any screens like that in regular movie theaters any more. It was magical.

September 28, 2010 at 8:59 pm | Report abuse |
  44. s davis

Awesome! Can honestly say I have never seen an Oprah show but will have to tarnish my reputation to catch this! My absolute favorite movie of all time!

September 28, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
  45. Ferdinand

Seems unfair, will Oprah be inviting any Nazis?

September 28, 2010 at 6:13 pm | Report abuse |
  46. Sandra D Armstrong

I will you help

September 28, 2010 at 6:12 pm | Report abuse |
  47. lita

Super,my mom favorite movie. So long farewell, I hate to say goodbye.

September 28, 2010 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  48. Gina Malone

This is like remiiniscing the past.This is one of my favorite movies and I have watched it several times already w/ my parents and my siblings.I even have a DVD at home for my chidren and children's children to watch.This piece is a classic collection and worth keeping and an heirloom to be passed from one generation to another.THANK YOU OPRAH FOR THE WONDERFUL GIFT YOU ARE LEAVING TO YOUR FANS......

September 28, 2010 at 6:07 pm | Report abuse |
  49. How_did_he_have_kids

Isn't Christopher Plummer gay? Where did all those children come from?

September 28, 2010 at 6:06 pm | Report abuse |
  50. Mali White

This will be the second episode I will watch. The first was with Cher and Tina. Julie Andrews is such a classy lady.

September 28, 2010 at 6:02 pm | Report abuse |
  51. Whirling Dervish

Wonderful !!

After the movie came out, my mother (wonderful talented woman)
    Had us 6 kids, build that whole marrionette stage, including the puppets.
    It took months, but we put on a performance for our nieghborhood that was incredible,
    I never had so much fun in my life.
    We all sang, and i got to pull the scenery and was one of the little goatts
    and the guy with the glass of beer (chuckle)
    What a great way to grow up !

September 28, 2010 at 5:55 pm | Report abuse |
  52. Mr. Wilson

Can someone please tell me why Christopher Plummer has not received an Oscar? I have seen him in quite a few films and he was wonderful in every one. I haven't seen his latest, "The Last Station", but I can't wait.

The Sound of Music was the least of his films.

September 28, 2010 at 5:54 pm | Report abuse |
  53. Hasheem

I do not get why it is so important for numerous respondent to point out"I don't watch Oprah"but I'll watch this one.I don't drink but I'll have a scotch on the rocks this time.

September 28, 2010 at 5:43 pm | Report abuse |
  54. Nicole

Didn't they already reunite on Oprah years ago? And they also united on the 4oth anniversary dvd...so it's not the first time they've united in 45 years. I'm sure it will be a good show, though. And yes, I wish it would re-release in theaters so that I could see it on the big screen. My favorite movie!

September 28, 2010 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
    • Gretchen

I've got the 40th anniversary DVD, and there's an episode of the show "Biography" about the real family. There is thought that Maria may have been bi-polar, and was NOT all sweetness and light as she was depicted. Georg was also not a martinet, but actually a very kind and loving father who simply wanted to protect his family in the best way he knew how.

September 28, 2010 at 6:08 pm | Report abuse |
  55. DN3

I LOVE the Sound of Music. It's my favourite movie! I'll have to find someway of watching this from work... I'm so excited to see the younger cast members all grown up. I've seen an interview by Kim Karath but not of the others. Yippeee, so excited!

September 28, 2010 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jose

no infatti mi sono jtsaabo xD scusate avevo visto quelli del 18 Marzo e mentre stavo scrivendo sono usciti quellli nuovi!!!quindi devo dire che davvero IL must-have pr eccellenza la grafica fatta molto bene e come ha detto non mi ricorxdo chi(non ho voglia di rileggere tt la iscussione causa pigrizia)fin'ora abbiamo avuto dei giochi con una grafica non eccellente perch le terze parti non si impegnavano ma non perch la WII nonc e la faceva ad arrivare lassu!!!quindi la grafica mi sembra molto bella appunto le texture di fondo nonsono il massimo am che me frega terro gli cchi incollati sul mirno per vedere di accoppare tutta quella gente quindi creedo non mi diapicera se i fodali non sono fatti tnto beme

March 17, 2012 at 12:09 am | Report abuse |
  56. John

I'm not a big fan of 0prah's. She's too liberal for me. With that said, she does a lot of good to change people's lives. She needs Jesus. I may watch this epesode.

September 28, 2010 at 5:03 pm | Report abuse |
  57. L. Brigitta LaMatta

It should read HAVE seen in my previous blog. My grammar professor would't b 2 happy w/ that!:)

September 28, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
  58. Don

I grew up fantasizing I would marry Liesl. Still do.

September 28, 2010 at 4:44 pm | Report abuse |
  59. Ed

what? No Rolf on the reunion? Except for his Nazi tendencies, he was practically family.

September 28, 2010 at 4:42 pm | Report abuse |
  60. L. Brigitta LaMatta

My middle name is Brigitta, because of "The Sound of Music". I was given a sprig of Eidelwiss in a pin cameo by my grandmother 35 yrs. & will cherish it always! I seen the movie 7 times & @ 1 time, my mother had a condo in Stowe, VT... I wish the show was tomorrow! :)

September 28, 2010 at 4:35 pm | Report abuse |
  61. beenz

I love reunions.. (except for my own!) – ha. I'll be DVR-ing this one!

September 28, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
  62. Dyson

i would be more excited if i knew julie andrews could sing.

September 28, 2010 at 4:15 pm | Report abuse |
  63. Murph

I'll dvr this. The seven "kids" are all interviewed together and than a separate interview of Christopher Plummer and Julie Andrews in the 40th anniversary edition. It has many other extras as well if you're a fan of the movie. This movie reminds me of family and good times.

September 28, 2010 at 4:11 pm | Report abuse |
  64. ralph

I'm pooping.

September 28, 2010 at 4:01 pm | Report abuse |
  65. Fuzzginator

Wow, I was just at the church where they filmed the wedding scene this summer! It will be great to see them together again even though Julie can't sing. This will always be one of my favorites!

September 28, 2010 at 3:56 pm | Report abuse |
  66. Holly Golightly

Saturday8pm–GREAT idea! Release it to the big screen! Love it! thanks for all the sharing of fond memories everyone! :)

September 28, 2010 at 3:51 pm | Report abuse |
  67. Holly Golightly

Hey "Patti's dumb"–angry much??!!! All that negative energy is really bad for you. Seriously. :)

September 28, 2010 at 3:50 pm | Report abuse |
  68. victoria

I think Peggy Wood died in the late 1970's sometime. I would love to see this show, though. The only Oprahs I've ever watched all the way through were the one where she and Gail went to the Texas State Fair and the one with Josh Groban. I'm surprised Christopher Plummer is appearing. I always heard he hated The Sound of Music.I suppose he probabaly hated narrating the Madeleine cartoons, too. All that good, wholesome stuff! I guess he has mellowed in his old age.

September 28, 2010 at 3:40 pm | Report abuse |
  69. Detweiler

Will Peggy Wood be there too? Isn't that her reprising her role as a nun in "The Town"?

September 28, 2010 at 3:34 pm | Report abuse |
  70. Bloom

so excited!

September 28, 2010 at 3:23 pm | Report abuse |
  71. Wallace

The article says the cast will be "...dishing about behind-the-scenes dirt". What dirt? They were a buncha kids!

September 28, 2010 at 3:13 pm | Report abuse |
    • JGR

Wallace, The Brady Bunch kids "were a buncha kids", too.....WILD!!

September 28, 2010 at 3:19 pm | Report abuse |
    • Be Quiet

Oprah is going to blow the lid off of the Frederick/Liesl under the clothes touching scandal.

September 28, 2010 at 4:07 pm | Report abuse |
  72. josette

I don't care too much for musicals, but The Sound of Music is one that I watch everytime it airs. I'm not fan of Oprah at all, but I will tune in for this episode for sure.

September 28, 2010 at 3:12 pm | Report abuse |
  73. Icepick

I had that same dress, Suzy. Of course, I'm a guy.

September 28, 2010 at 3:03 pm | Report abuse |
  74. Sunshine

OMG I LOVE Julie Andrews.. I wonder if they will talk about MP being on tour...

September 28, 2010 at 2:54 pm | Report abuse |
  75. Wanted2BLeisl

Will watch just to see if Christopher Plummer admit he hated making the movie and made fun of it throughout filming – he called it "The Sound of Mucus". Check his comments on the Internet Movie Database. Or will he not want to offend the mightly Oprah?

September 28, 2010 at 2:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Be Quiet

Plummer bows to NO ONE.

September 28, 2010 at 2:53 pm | Report abuse |
    • Was @ Taping

I was at the taping last Thursday AND HE ACTUALLY SAID THIS DURING THE SHOW!!! Everyone laughed... Also, we got a coupon for the new box set coming out on Nov. 2. It was a truly amazing show.... If you loved the movie, you will love this show!

September 28, 2010 at 5:08 pm | Report abuse |
  76. Saturday8pm

Isn't it time for a theatrical re-release? It's meant for the big screen.

September 28, 2010 at 2:41 pm | Report abuse |
  77. Suzy

My fondest memory. Me five, in the theater with grandma Grace sitting on my left and grandpa Merv on my right. I was enchanted: It was my first musical. And soon after, grandma bought me a do-re-mi sailor dress! And of course the album and the sheet music book. Such a joy to remember this. Love to you both in heaven.

September 28, 2010 at 2:37 pm | Report abuse |
  78. Garth

I wish I could set my DVR this far in advance! I might call in sick from work.

September 28, 2010 at 2:25 pm | Report abuse |
  79. lucy parry

loved the movie, sure to watch oprah!

September 28, 2010 at 2:21 pm | Report abuse |
  80. Greg Goose

The Sound of Music was liberal metaphor for the displacement of the American Indians. Oprah has an agenda and so does Wendy Williams. Open your eyes America. And I also like turtles.

September 28, 2010 at 2:16 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ric (Montana)

Are you demented? It was about a family fleeing the Nazi's. Where the heck do you connect that with American Indians?

September 28, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steph

You need a straightjacket and a padded room...they still make people like you?

September 28, 2010 at 5:05 pm | Report abuse |
  81. patti

My sister-in-laws favorite movie! I will watch this one.

September 28, 2010 at 2:14 pm | Report abuse |
  82. Suz

I am not an Oprah fan, but this was a great idea and frankly should have been done long ago.

I want to see them reprise Edelweiss. :)

September 28, 2010 at 2:04 pm | Report abuse |
    • HeyEugene

This will be mM first ever Oprah viewing; although I wanted to be able to say I'd never watched the show, ever! Worth it to see Andrews and Plummer, and yes it would be fabulous if one of the world's most beautiful love songs, 'Edelwiess", were reprised. I remember falling in love with Plummer during that movie and precisely when he sang that song. For all of you who are dissing the fond memories people have of this film, chill out. We promise not to make fun of YOUR memories, whatever they may be. Peace!

September 28, 2010 at 3:46 pm | Report abuse |
  83. Tegelbegel

This is fantastic news – my most favorite movie from childhood. I rarely watch Oprah, but most definitely will record this show!

September 28, 2010 at 1:59 pm | Report abuse |
  84. Steve in Cola

Yea, Nicholas Hammond! Best Peter Parker EVER!

September 28, 2010 at 1:37 pm | Report abuse |
  85. Ihechi

Lovely!
    Must watch or DVR 4 sure.
    Vital part of my childhood memories!

September 28, 2010 at 1:36 pm | Report abuse |
  86. Steve-Texas

Personally I don't care much for this but there is a small point of interest as the Von Trapps are in my bloodline. I'm not sure exactly but I think my great grandfather was a cousin to the originals. My grandfather dropped the Von to be just Trapp.

September 28, 2010 at 1:33 pm | Report abuse |
  87. Mario

It will be interesting to know what Nicholas Hammond has been up to these past years. He was on TV as "The Amazing Spider Man" from 1977 to 1979. I'm surprised he wasn't offered a cameo appearance on the current movies with Tobey McGuire. Maybe in the new Spider Man film coming out he'll be tapped to play Uncle Ben (he's old enough by now).

September 28, 2010 at 1:30 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jules

Nicholas Hammond actually has lived here in Australia since the mid-1980s. He has appeared on several Australian TV shows and written a couple as well. His most recent TV appearance was in 2009 and he stills look good for his age.

October 3, 2010 at 2:54 am | Report abuse |
  88. Lucky

Very exciting. This will be the second and likely last episode of Oprah ill ever watch. It will be an amazing episode no doubt!

September 28, 2010 at 1:25 pm | Report abuse |
    • mep

It will be great as long as Oprah can refrain from interrupting everyone all the time while looking straight into the camera...

September 28, 2010 at 1:41 pm | Report abuse |
  89. Be Quiet

Oprah is going to scream through the entire show. It's the VON TRAPP FAMILYYYYYYYYYY!

September 28, 2010 at 1:24 pm | Report abuse |
  90. Musical Muffin

I like turtles.

September 28, 2010 at 1:22 pm | Report abuse |
  91. beth

Yay, Yay!

September 28, 2010 at 1:16 pm | Report abuse |
  92. kittybling

Love Julie!!! <3

September 28, 2010 at 1:07 pm | Report abuse |
  93. Holly Golightly

YES!!!! I LOVE this movie!!!! It will always remind me of being a child and my family! Such a fantastic film!!! Thank you! "Edelweiss" Forever!!! :)

September 28, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  94. michelle

Michelle t. Tampa fl i cnt wait im so happy........

September 28, 2010 at 12:59 pm | Report abuse |
  95. michelle

i wanna see this i love that movie omg!!!!!!!!!!!

September 28, 2010 at 12:57 pm | Report abuse |
  96. Eileen Welsbie

This show definitely will be one of MY favorite things!

September 28, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  97. melissa

@steve geeez..give it a break.

I can't wait for this show. I have great memories of watching The Sound of Music with my grandmother every Christmas. I will DVR this for sure.

September 28, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
  98. Steve - Indianapolis.

I'm sure the studio that produced the film is preparing a special limited edition dvd of "sound of music" to capitalize on the Oprah appearence. Maybe harpo productions will lend footage not aired of interview to dvd's extras?? I bet Oprah gives an already released dvd version of film to each audience member. (so obvious)..

September 28, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
    • daisy57

I've heard the 45th anniversary edition of the film will be released soon, on Blu-Ray. Hence, the publicity. Regardless, this should be a 'not to be missed' episode. Many of the cast members have gathered before, but I don't recall *both* Julie and Christopher together for such an occasion.

September 28, 2010 at 5:00 pm | Report abuse |
  99. Diana

That one I will record.

September 28, 2010 at 12:36 pm | Report abuse |
  100. Raymond

do re mi fa so la ti do. Wow, this is great!

September 28, 2010 at 12:33 pm | Report abuse |
  101. Nikki

Yeah! This is exciting! Love Julie Andrews so very much and the movie is a classic! It will be fun to see how each actor looks now!

September 28, 2010 at 12:29 pm | Report abuse |
    • Mary

I'm a BIG Julie Andrews fan, too and was absolutely heartbroken that her voice was damaged to the point that she doesn't sing anymore. We love you, Julie!!!

September 28, 2010 at 1:55 pm | Report abuse |
    • m

Old. They look old.

September 28, 2010 at 2:07 pm | Report abuse |
  102. Sarah

This might be the only episode of Oprah that I actually WANT to watch. Ever.

September 28, 2010 at 12:27 pm | Report abuse |

Me four!

September 28, 2010 at 4:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Robin

I agree wholeheartedly

September 28, 2010 at 4:27 pm | Report abuse |
    • Jam

I thought I was the only one...

September 28, 2010 at 4:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • Steph

Me ten. Lol.

September 28, 2010 at 5:01 pm | Report abuse |
    • Michelle

Me...yes.

September 28, 2010 at 5:07 pm | Report abuse |
    • Buster

Me...whatever the count is...me too

September 28, 2010 at 5:42 pm | Report abuse |

this is nice, looking forward to it

September 28, 2010 at 6:35 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ann

One of my all time favorite movies. It will be one of very few....I can count on one hand that I will record!!!

September 28, 2010 at 7:22 pm | Report abuse |
    • sara

yes i love this idea and will definitely be watching!!! can't wait!!!

September 28, 2010 at 10:44 pm | Report abuse |
    • sunsohot

I am such a Sound of Music geek! I love this movie; always have, always will. So am I like "me fifty" by now?

September 29, 2010 at 12:27 am | Report abuse |
    • Jules

In my opinion too, this will be time I would dare to watch Opra-really classic class

September 29, 2010 at 2:09 am | Report abuse |
    • FloridaMom

Me too! I thought I was the only person on the planet who can't stand Oprah and her huge ego. Never watch her show, but this one time I will break my long standing rule.

September 29, 2010 at 8:08 am | Report abuse |
    • mark nyc

oprah has already made my dream come true......the black messiah-complexed racist is leaving TV.

September 29, 2010 at 8:16 am | Report abuse |
    • Kristeen

Agreed. I'll be there to tune in to that show!!

September 29, 2010 at 9:35 am | Report abuse |
    • Cheyenne

Absolutely!

September 29, 2010 at 9:56 am | Report abuse |
    • kj

agree. the only oprah show that I would care to watch.

September 29, 2010 at 10:00 am | Report abuse |
    • Peruna

Me whatever it is now!

Can't stand Oprah but love The Sound of Music. The best movie musical ever made by far. Well cast, beautifully song, brilliantly directed and the most amazing cinematography ever to grace film all add up to a wonderful experience. Too bad Robert Wise isn't still around.

September 29, 2010 at 11:14 am | Report abuse |
    • Free

ditto ... never watched more than a few times, but for this,,,Yes!

September 29, 2010 at 11:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ana

it is a relief to know not everyone is a fan of hers , didn't get what the craze is/was. but yes, may pay attention to this last season (finally) and catch a few interesting guest appearances.

September 30, 2010 at 9:50 am | Report abuse |
    • Judy

Setting DVR as soon as I get home!

October 1, 2010 at 12:42 pm | Report abuse |
    • jim

never watched oprah. this will be the first and last for me too!

October 2, 2010 at 9:03 pm | Report abuse |
    • LeeInOceanside

OMG!! Now this is the most important event in US History. Finally, some great news for once.

October 4, 2010 at 9:44 am | Report abuse |
    • Geri

Can't wait! Should be fun.

October 8, 2010 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
    • Aunt Sat

Me fifty-leven!

October 9, 2010 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
    • Theoi'

I am totally with you !!!! Me too !

October 11, 2010 at 3:36 pm | Report abuse |
    • KATHLEEN HUNTON

I remember seeing it when I was 13 and I have I watch it since year after year and more with my children and grandchildren. I still still the songs around the house and also some to my special little granddaughter. This is the best Oprah will have in my opinion....well almost...We have tried to contact her on doing a special on our children with their special rare syndrome called Rubinstein-Taybi Sydrome, but no go. Won't hold it against her. Someone else will do it.

October 17, 2010 at 3:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Militaryman77

Same here!

October 18, 2010 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • BlackCat

Agreed lol. My mom had the show on the other day, I never, ever watch it, and I said " man I'm kinda glad that Oprah's almost done" and then the preview for the Sound of Music reunion came on and I was like, hmm I kinda want to watch that.

October 21, 2010 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  103. You are Dumber

People care even less about your content-free whine about somebody else's comment. Why don't you put your energy into something positive, like investing in a dictionary, where you will discover how to spell "insight", and that "bafoon" is not a word.

September 28, 2010 at 2:50 pm | Report abuse |
  104. You're an idiot

What, no friends to play with? You have to resort to insulting strangers? Why did you even read the article? Oh, I forgot. You have no life.

September 28, 2010 at 3:44 pm | Report abuse |
  105. LeeInOceanside

bafoon (n): A two year olds word to describe a round object that sits on the end of a string!!

October 4, 2010 at 9:52 am | Report abuse |
  106. Valentina

nonj prendete mai sul serio gli roeesnshcot!! peggiorano sempre la grafica di un gioco. ripeto mp3 dagli screen. sembrava un gioco n64.i trailer dimostrano che the conduit ci far rimanere a bocca aperta.ma dai fino a poco tempo fa era impensabile. il wii abbastanza potente, la colpa stata delle terze parti che graficamente non l'hanno completamente sfruttata. sembra che quest'anno le cose stiano cambiando

March 17, 2012 at 1:17 am | Report abuse |