Jaime Lee Curtis is so over plastic surgery
September 24th, 2010

Jaime Lee Curtis is so over plastic surgery

Fifty-one-year-old Jamie Lee Curtis is saying bye-bye to Botox and raising quite a few eyebrows with her stand against cosmetic surgery.

"There are people who, when you see them on the screen, there’s an audible gasp of ‘Oh my God,'" Curtis, currently starring in the comedy "You Again" tells the October issue of AARP magazine. "They look terrible - or they’ve done something to themselves and now look like freaks."

Curtis speaks from experience.

In a 1992 More magazine interview, in which she posed makeup-free in her underwear, revealed that she had undergone every type of plastic surgery and that "none of it works. None of it."

Ultimately, she has said, "It made me look worse and feel worse." Since then, she has been on a mission to make women realize that nips-and-tucks aren't necessary.

Despite her stance, Curtis admits that as an actress, looking older means less work.

'"There is only one Meryl Streep and one Sigourney Weaver. But I could name 30 other actresses in their [age] groups who aren’t working today," she says. "Me, I’m getting my a– out of this business in a few years because genetically it’s not going to work for me.”

1. garbage disposal reviews

I used to be recommended this web site by means of my cousin. I am not positive whether this put up is written by means of him as nobody else realize such targeted approximately my difficulty. You are incredible! Thank you!

August 26, 2012 at 4:23 am | Report abuse |
  2. InSinkErator Evolution Cover Control Garbage Disposer

Wow, wonderful weblog structure! How lengthy have you ever been running a blog for? you made running a blog look easy. The entire glance of your web site is fantastic, let alone the content!

April 9, 2012 at 6:15 pm | Report abuse |
  3. jeshudas

My age is 40 years old. But my face is little wrinckle. What should I do now?

October 1, 2010 at 9:01 am | Report abuse |
  4. Jennifer

It was a 2002 issue of More Magazine. Not 1992.

September 28, 2010 at 2:28 pm | Report abuse |
  5. Dorothea

Wow so not a hypocrite as some are saying. You know if we just take a moment and realize that she is saying learn from my mistakes, here is the wisdom I have found let me share it with you. Do not make the mistakes I made. Wow how foolish have we become that we do not understand what wisdom is.

September 28, 2010 at 9:06 am | Report abuse |
  6. JC

For years she has appeared to want to act and be old. Must be some sort of disorder. She should stop doing yogurt commercials. They are really bad.

September 27, 2010 at 3:09 pm | Report abuse |
  7. Sempe

I second Texas Deb's motion! Hear ye, hear ye, all those in favor of depopularizing plastic surgery say aye! And yes, JLC is the perfect poster girl for it!

September 27, 2010 at 10:15 am | Report abuse |
  8. Texas Deb

Taking a stand on vanity in Hollywood is nearly as courageous as running for a high political office. Jamie Lee is gorgeous and a perfect poster girl for this cause. Hollywood should be a GOOD influence on the "little" people, not a shockingly bad example of the seven deadly sins. Great job JLC!

September 27, 2010 at 9:07 am | Report abuse |
  9. Deebs

If I had the money I would....I would be highly informed of the "do's and dont's"

September 26, 2010 at 4:48 pm | Report abuse |
  10. stu

speaking of freaks....any1 see her father lately? the king of plastic surgery!
    Meryl Streep gets all the parts because she's a GREAT character actress.

September 26, 2010 at 3:35 pm | Report abuse |
  11. Andria101

She still looks young despite the gray hair. This is just her way of making conversation about herself. Jamie is famous and when or if she wants to act later on that's her decision when she decides to change her mind. She should learn from her father that you get better with age and the movies -if they are good movies -will make you look good regardless. You can be young and thinking you are perfect, yet in reality you may look hidious to others in a bad film. Aging is part of life. Somewhere along the way she will start accepting getting older with grace and pride and perhaps and hopefully dignity.

September 26, 2010 at 1:49 pm | Report abuse |
  12. Lorin

What commerical? Can you post a link please?

September 25, 2010 at 1:56 pm | Report abuse |
  13. Molly

I thought it was odd she was interviewed for a magazine marketed to older women in 1992 when she was, by my calculations, 33 or so, which isn't even quite "Hollywood old". Of course, when I clicked on the link, it appeared that the article was from 2002. Might want to fix that... I've been finding more and more problems on CNN lately, a pity.

September 25, 2010 at 1:02 pm | Report abuse |
  14. Mavent

51 and she's and doing interviews for the AARP? Holy crap. Since when did 51 qualify you as elderly?

September 25, 2010 at 12:46 pm | Report abuse |
  15. Dennis

1959 was a very good year. Some women age well, some don't. Just look at the mom and you will see speed of the daughter's growth. If your 40-55 and need botox, or plastic, so sorry.....

September 25, 2010 at 12:37 pm | Report abuse |
  16. donna

by "genetically it's not going to work for me." have anything to do with her Y chromosome?

September 25, 2010 at 12:24 am | Report abuse |
  17. BVJ

What bulls**t! She's HAD every procedure DONE already and now she's ready to stop and is against it for women. Easy to say AFTER you've had the boob reduction, the eyes done, the tummy tuck and the butt lift done. Bet she wouldn't go back to the "before" her.

September 24, 2010 at 11:05 pm | Report abuse |
  18. tenya griggsby

She is beautiful and looks natural, something that is very rare in Hollywood. She may have had work done, but she is aging very gracefully. She is rocking that short haircut and I love the gray!

As for the guy in the Activia commercial, I thought I was the only one who found him annoying and phony. There isn't enough yogurt in the container for him to have a mouthful and make such an overexaggerated face. He needs to tone it down a notch, Wish they would reshoot that segment of the commercial!

September 24, 2010 at 9:50 pm | Report abuse |
  19. OMG

She's 51? I thought she was about 10 years older than me, I'm 52. And I still get carded at bars, I guess I look under 30. Have her call me for some skin care advice.

September 24, 2010 at 7:50 pm | Report abuse |
    • Barkingkitty

Wow, you're 52 and still hanging out in bars? How quaint. Doubt there's any advice Ms. Curtis would want from you.

September 25, 2010 at 11:44 am | Report abuse |
  20. Pete

She's the cutest gal in the room right now. That's all I know.

September 24, 2010 at 4:50 pm | Report abuse |
  21. Frank

Good for her! Go Jamie!

September 24, 2010 at 4:16 pm | Report abuse |
  22. deanna

Awesome actress and a beautiful lady! This is one person who comes across as "real" in all of her interviews!

September 24, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Ann

Jamie Lee has always been a beautiful lady inside and out. Botox is not for everyone! !Good for her

September 25, 2010 at 6:05 pm | Report abuse |
  23. randa

I have always been a fan of Jamie Lee Curtis..starting way back "in the day" of her horror flicks. I applaud her for her stance..With that being said, the yogurt commercial where the boob is talking with his mouth, supposedly full of the yogurt, is disgusting!

September 24, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • Joe

YES! I can't STAND that commercial. I want to punch that guy in the face.

September 24, 2010 at 1:17 pm | Report abuse |
    • Tlo

Everybody hates that commercial! It really needs to be pulled b/c it is DISGUSTING and makes the product off-putting!

September 26, 2010 at 7:20 pm | Report abuse |
  24. mantucket

She admits to having plastic surgery when she was younger, then become an advocate against it when it doesn’t make her feel better, what a hypocrite.

September 24, 2010 at 11:56 am | Report abuse |
    • Valerie

Agreed.

I also do not think she is 51 years old, either! I think she is older than that, closer to 60, not 50......

September 24, 2010 at 12:31 pm | Report abuse |
    • Valerie

Ok, I googled her, she is 51, wow, always thought she was older......guess not......

September 24, 2010 at 12:38 pm | Report abuse |
    • scruffy

Really...I got the opposite idea from this story. I don't think she's a hypocrite at all. I think she's trying to say 'hey, i did this, i did that, and it made me feel worse'...so she's trying to share the lesson she learned with others - to learn to love yourself. I'm fairly certain that's what she's getting at - she said she did things she thought would make her feel better...and it got the opposite results. Instead, had she learned acceptance, she would have had better results - which is what I think she has learned over the years.

We all make choices that we regret later - it's not hypocrisy. Sometimes It's learning. I've changed so much over the years, that I would not make most of the choices I made in the past. "Live and learn" - it's a phrase for a reason.

September 24, 2010 at 12:45 pm | Report abuse |
    • LRoy

Good for her. Of course, speaking for myself I am ONLY three years younger than Jamie Lee and I never had plastic surgery or botox or any of those other "anti-aging" methods. And I STILL look 15 years younger than my true age.

September 25, 2010 at 5:51 pm | Report abuse |
    • theskinnyapple

Not what I got from the article. People change. She realized plastic surgery on older women makes them look fake. I really like the natural way she's looking in this pic. It reflects her age gracefully. By comparison Joan Rivers looks like a duck.

September 26, 2010 at 12:34 am | Report abuse |
    • bandgeek

Why does that make her a hypocrite? Seems to me it lends validity to her argument that it doesn't necessarily make you look or feel better.

September 27, 2010 at 2:36 pm | Report abuse |
  25. portalpunk

easy to say when your naturally hot, however all you ugly and flat chested women need to keep the faith in the silocone gods!

September 24, 2010 at 11:53 am | Report abuse |
    • tjj300

Jamie had her funbags worked on, remember Trading Spaces?

September 24, 2010 at 5:18 pm | Report abuse |
    • Shlgrie

Why should they? So they can put up with punks like you? Being attractive naturally and/or having huge bazookas (I have both, and let me tell you, I'd almost rather be flat, and pleasantly plain.) comes with a lot of freaks, creepers, and baggage that most do not realize until they themselves have to deal with it every time they go out into public. Being unnaturally attractive usually doesn't help one's security, and as she mentions, it messes with you later.

Why should anyone in the world have to lie about who they are genetically just to appease a few superficial boneheads, to which nothing else/nothing truly important matters. Quit talking like a poop-stain on society, learn to value people for what matters, and worry about your own looks.

September 26, 2010 at 6:38 pm | Report abuse |
  26. Be Quiet

She doesn't have time for plastic surgery because she's pooping 24/7 from all that yogurt.

September 24, 2010 at 10:49 am | Report abuse |
  27. Kev

You are one awsome looking lady who I would cast over everyone in your age group If I were making a movie.

September 24, 2010 at 10:43 am | Report abuse |
  28. MadCityBabe

Jamie Lee has always come across to me as a no nonsense gal.......I love that about her and it shines through on her face........she IS BEAUTIFUL and has major substance.............unlike this new breed of "fluff"

September 24, 2010 at 10:41 am | Report abuse |
  29. mary

Jamie Lee is an awesome actress reguardless of how she looks...which by the way is fantastic! Her beauty and charm are to be admired! You rock Jamie Lee!!!

September 24, 2010 at 10:26 am | Report abuse |
    • Cassandra

Totally agree. I could only dream of looking that good in my 50's – with or without surgery!

September 25, 2010 at 7:39 am | Report abuse |